• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Pacific Blue

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
ladkflajfldaj Where did you find so many programmers?! That's liek teh rarest Pokeymanz EVAR D:

No really though, I've posted in Team Recruitment like 5 times and been unsuccessful thus far. It's ridiculous lmao.

Anyway, I LOVE the character design for this so far. Very nice, very nice.

Two questions: Will there be Fakemon, or is it undecided? And why did you guys decide on capping the Elite four at Level 92 instead of 90, 95, or even 100?

I shall keep my eye on this one. I shall keep my eye on this one indeed >:3

A question I can answer. (I am not from Pacific Blue itself, though I am from the same project that started it.)

There are NO Fakemon, there likely NEVER WILL be fakemon. From what I gather, no one on the developing team likes fakemon. And they capped it at Lv. 92 for the same reason Cynthia was capped at Lv. 66 in DPPt, that's the level they wanted it capped. At least, that's what I think, unless Bear has something else to say about that one.

bigplrbear

C# programmer for the IAPL
Years
ladkflajfldaj Where did you find so many programmers?! That's liek teh rarest Pokeymanz EVAR D:

No really though, I've posted in Team Recruitment like 5 times and been unsuccessful thus far. It's ridiculous lmao.

Anyway, I LOVE the character design for this so far. Very nice, very nice.

Two questions: Will there be Fakemon, or is it undecided? And why did you guys decide on capping the Elite four at Level 92 instead of 90, 95, or even 100?

I shall keep my eye on this one. I shall keep my eye on this one indeed >:3

There aren't going to be any Fakemon in any of the IAPL games. You're more than welcome to use our engine when it's finished up to create your own pokemon games that DO have fakemon (there will be support in the engine for them, but our games simply won't have them), but that's a different thing.

The Elite Four in the Pacific region is capped at level 92 for a few reasons-

1.We wanted to have a true pokemon master for our champion, and Red, being the master that he is, maxes out at the same level. So we figured it'd be a good spot to cap it at.
2.Anything higher is just ridiculous
3.Anything lower wouldn't fit the logarithmic scale that I set up for gym leader/Elite four pokemon. Pacific is a HUGE area, and so we've gotta adjust pokemon levels accordingly. We figure that, by the time you get to the champion, you'll probably be ~20 or 30 hours in, and you'll have either some seriously high leveled pokemon, or you'll be able to use type advantages well (or both, lol).

Please note, however, that we may end up scrapping that, and making a new scale for gym leaders/elite four. That cap is not final- it's only the highest we'll ALLOW for a top percentage in-game trainer.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2020
Will there be Fakemon, or is it undecided?

No, but there will be a system in place that you can actually create your own Pokemon that the game engine can understand. (I'm obviously Shiny Jirachi, one of the programmers). I've been developing a type of plugin system that allows programmers to easily create new Pokemon and insert them into the game using the Interface system of the .NET Framework.

Non-technical jargon: You can create your own fakemon with the engine.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2020
May I see this proof of concept? I want to see what I'm up against...

It's basically an interface that a class can implement. You can compile them inside DLL's and place them in the specified folder and the game will load them all up and have full access. I'd rather not show any code but I can show a preview of the interface that combines both a Pokemon loader and a Move loader:

[link removed]

Last edited:
Years
Totally keeping an eye on this, it sounds Epic. Is each region getting a different game or will they be linked at all?

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2020
Totally keeping an eye on this, it sounds Epic. Is each region getting a different game or will they be linked at all?

Each region is its own game, but at the same time, it's possible to have some interaction between them such as transferring Pokemon between them (since some regions don't have all the Pokemon, it's the only way to literally get them all). For example, a thought is that at the end of the game (or region), it could be possible to transfer Pokemon from other completed regions over to train and do other parts of the game you couldn't do originally.

Dragonite Ernston

I rival Lance's.
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2016
This is quite an ambitious project. I have doubts that you'll complete it by spring.

But best of luck anyway. May the best engine win >_>

Dragonite Ernston

I rival Lance's.
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2016
It's basically an interface that a class can implement. You can compile them inside DLL's and place them in the specified folder and the game will load them all up and have full access. I'd rather not show any code but I can show a preview of the interface that combines both a Pokemon loader and a Move loader:

Just wondering... why a DLL? Why not your own custom file? Seems kind of arbitrary.

Replace the *'s with t's. It won't let me link :(

'Cause you haven't made 15 posts yet. Might want to remove the link before a moderator does it for you.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2020
Just wondering... why a DLL? Why not your own custom file? Seems kind of arbitrary.

The idea I had isn't being used; a custom file type is being used as you have already said. I wasn't aware of this at the time of me making the system & posting about it.

'Cause you haven't made 15 posts yet. Might want to remove the link before a moderator does it for you.

Even though it's a screenshot and used as a (now irrelevant) Proof of Concept post for someone else? Whatever, I'll remove the link.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years

A mod wont remove a link unless it is linked to age inappropriate images or other forums, linking a normal screen shot from an image hosting site is perfectly fine so no need for him to remove the link.

Back