The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Resources

Notices

Resources Everything you need to help make your game can be found in here. You can also post your own resources. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Rate the tileset
Very Good 18 40.91%
Good 17 38.64%
Ok 6 13.64%
Bad 1 2.27%
Very Bad 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 15th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Rossay
Quack quack

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
I wanted to finally contribute something meaningful to the community so here is my own custom Pokemon BW Tileset. I originally designed it for use in my gamePokemon Adventure however, I am no longer going to use it in my game as I'm changing the format slightly so they are not needed.

As you can see, it contains the basic tiles of a Pokemon tileset in the standard 16x16 pixel size. You might need to adjust it to make it usable in RMXP, I don't really know as I use Game Maker.

For anyone who is curious, I made the tileset by playing the games and basing the tiles on screen shots I took.

These tiles are available for community use but CREDIT IS REQUIRED.

Here is an example of a town I made using these tiles & some others:

Last edited by Rossay; January 20th, 2011 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Added more tiles
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Ratty524

Nature: Calm
Very nice tileset. It definitely looks like B&W in it's style. Nice work on this, I don't really know why you don't want to use it anymore.
Old January 20th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Rossay
Quack quack

Updated with a few more tiles I forgot to upload the first time. The houses aren't very black&white but I thought I'd throw them in as well if anyone is interested in using them.

Old January 22nd, 2011, 03:52 AM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Nature: Quiet
Dude,please be my tileset artist.those just look awesome
I have spriters,and I'm the only eventer,but dude...That is just original to the point of greatness.

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
Old January 22nd, 2011, 04:59 AM
Rossay
Quack quack

Ha Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, I am working on my own project, Pokemon Adventure, so I am pretty busy with that. However, feel free to use these tiles (so long as you credit me ofcourse lol) and if you do want to request me to make some specific tiles, then I can try and make some but, most of my time is being spent on my own project.

Old January 22nd, 2011, 03:16 PM
pokehackster

would you consider releasing city object tiles like the lampposts and such o.o?

My deviantART

Sometimes you just have to ask your self "would I rather be crazy or stupid?"
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:21 AM
Rossay
Quack quack

I didn't actually make the signs/lamposts in the screenshots, they are other peoples' that I just outlined so it wouldn't be right for me to release them. However, I found that if give standard HGSS objects a black outline, they should fit right in with my tiles.

Old January 26th, 2011, 08:14 AM
jackbirkby
0560 - 3986 - 8568

Nature: Relaxed
Dude, I love these. Even if they don't look 100% black and white, they are awesome beyond belief :D Is there any chance of getting the whole pokemon center/pokemart sprites?

Also, on a kind of related note, can I make these into a minecraft texture pack? It probably won't go public, I'd just like to create one for me and my friends on a smp server, as we're trying to recreate Isshu
Old January 26th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Rossay
Quack quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbirkby View Post
Dude, I love these. Even if they don't look 100% black and white, they are awesome beyond belief :D Is there any chance of getting the whole pokemon center/pokemart sprites?

Also, on a kind of related note, can I make these into a minecraft texture pack? It probably won't go public, I'd just like to create one for me and my friends on a smp server, as we're trying to recreate Isshu
By pokecenter/pokemart sprites do you mean the ones in the example screenshot? If so, I can upload them if you want to use them but they aren't very blackandwhite lol.

You would be more than welcome to make them into a texture pack, just so long as credit is given is it were to go public ofcourse lol.

Old April 25th, 2011, 09:15 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
EDIT: Never mind. Sorry about that.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here