• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

PEDRO12's Everything Tutorial

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2011
Okay, so with my Ruby, it's the ROMs fault? Do you think extracting it again would work, or is it probably something wrong with the cartridge itself? Or the way I'm getting it off the cartridge? I'm new to this whole thing, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was messed up when I was getting the ROM from the cartridge...

As for Fire Red, I was trying to just edit the original sprites, you know, change hair color, mess with the clothes a bit, I wasn't trying to do a full new sprite yet >.> Any tips on that, or should I just bite the bullet and start making my own sprites?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Okay, so with my Ruby, it's the ROMs fault? Do you think extracting it again would work, or is it probably something wrong with the cartridge itself? Or the way I'm getting it off the cartridge? I'm new to this whole thing, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was messed up when I was getting the ROM from the cartridge...

As for Fire Red, I was trying to just edit the original sprites, you know, change hair color, mess with the clothes a bit, I wasn't trying to do a full new sprite yet >.> Any tips on that, or should I just bite the bullet and start making my own sprites?

for the first prob....yes..just download a ruby rom, and work on that.....
for the second prob.yes there is a way........open the image in infran veiw..which is in the tool box on the top of the tut....hit image ---> decrease color depth ---> choose 16, and hit ok.......... now go to image ---> palette ---> edit palette. there should be sixteen colors....look for the back ground color and double click on it, on the far right bottom corner, there should be 3 boxes labled, red, blue, and green....memorise these colors....now exit the background color, and the double click the first color on the left (if it is the background color, then do this for the first color on the left, and even if it isn't the background color, and when u're finished it doesn't work, also try this with the first color from the left) memorise the red blue green colors for this color too, and replace them with the ones from the background color, and hit add to custom colors, and choose it from the table on the left, and hit ok. now go to the original background color, the one u double clicked in the beginning, and replace its red blue greaan numbers with the ones u memorised last, and hit add to custom colors and choose it from the abel and hit ok.......now hit ok, and save it, and insert it.........

Very useful. Thanks for all the tips

i'm happy i could help.........

Echidna

Years
what ?? you don't save the script anywhere unless u want to use it later, in this case, save it in notepad anywhere, if not, just compile it and it will be automatically saved into the rom...........

Echidna

Years
for free ?? just use the givepokemon command, making them give it to u with money would be harder, you'ld have to use, checkmoney, paymoney, and give pokemon, with the flags, and variables, and the works !!!!!

Echidna

Years
ok basic description of offset:

lets say you have a book, and u read it. Well u read a very gd paragraph, and you want to tell a friend where it is. how would u tell him. you would say the page number, and paragraph number on that page. That's an offset. Every peice of information un the game, whether the pokemon's image, or a script..... is located at a specififc offset. So if in the game, a wild beedrill appears, the game knows that tyhe pokemon's picture is at ???????, that being the pokemon's offset, so it goes there, and pulls up the sprite, and displays it on the screen. well a script is similar. lets say you want a certain script (Event), to take place when you step on a certain tile. You would assign an offest to that tile, so the game knows that the script you want to be activated at this tile is at the said offset. So at the beginning of the script, you write

#dynamic 0x??????

where the ?????? is the offset, and XSE inserts this script at that offset, then in advance map, you click on the event, lets say person event, and in the offset box, type in the said offset, so when you talk to this guy, the event takes place.

but offsets already exist, and at some offset (knowing that they are adresses), there might not be any space, so you can't just put any offset, there is a certain program that looks for an offset with a certain amount of space available. that programs is FSF. open it, open your rom in it. then in the needed bytes box, type in the number os bytes you need for your script, (bytes being a storage quantity unit), but for script, you best keep that the exact way it is, 64, then hit search, then copy, and paste it in XSE.................

wooohhh......... i hope you understood

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2011
ok so i downloaded an overworld sprite that i downloaded from the net how can i insert it

Echidna

Years
uhhh....you have permission to insert it to a hack.?????? anyways.........use NSE......open it........load the rom.......go to the OW you want to replace............look for a palette that is not usefull.... like one tht is all black or some other color..or the colors in it seem to have no use in other ows......now change all the colors in the palette to match the ones of your ow.....and hit file....import....bitmap....and.......browse for your Ow...vwalla...if you don't know how to edit the palette.....go to the tutorial.......

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2011
what if it was like this attachment
and thanks for all the help and this amazing tutorial

Attachments

• overworldblack0ce.gif
    overworldblack0ce.gif
    828 bytes · Views: 11
Last edited:

Echidna

Years
you r welcome... and you can't just insert that whole thing........ break it up.....and when you open the OW you want to replace.....change the thing that says index...its next to the palette....... and when you reach the OW looking left...replace it with your OW looking left... and so on till all indexes are inserted......you have to try it a lot to become good at it........

RubADubBlub

The Blub Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2012
Thanks for The Tutorial,

This will help me with my New Hack Pokemon Light Vs Darkness

Echidna

Years
gd luck man
i hope u undertsand and benefit
if you need help with understanding smth post it....k ???

Eternal Child

Innocent(pitiful) Child
Years
Would you mind me copying a script I'm working on into the thread?(Or send it to you some other way, whatever you might prefer) I'm trying to create something here, but every time I try the script the game freezes. I was hoping you might be able to glance at it and tell me what is wrong.

Echidna

Years
ok guys, for the tile insertion problem, you can use photoshop to save the palette as act file, so that prob of the tileset getting all wrong when you import the palette to advance map will be gone, because advance mapapperently doesn't support pal files, or you could use character maker, yougotta buy photoshop, so download character maker, google it, cause i downloaded it and lost the link...lol....hope this helps,,,oh and it is in a weird lang, not available in english, so i will explain how to use it, the background color has to be white, cause it places white as the first color in the palette once exported, save the palette as 16 color bit map, indexed, and drag the file to the program's work area (do not use file--> open, cause it rarely works), and next to the palette, there is a button with a downward arrow, hit that, and choose the file type to be act, and save the palette, now go on with the steps mentioned above...lol....hope this helps....

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
This is good...
But maby you can make more screenshots or give examples..?

Echidna

Years
i really don't have time, i wrote this tutorial in the summer, when i had time for this stuff, i only have time to answer quesions these days, so if you have any, i will be very happy to help..lol...

Back