The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 6th, 2010, 12:18 PM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Yahoo to KKN
UPDATE:

Alex Caramelldansen on YouTube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OKEjysqBk4

Male Base...
Spoiler:

Base made soley by me (it wasn't created from an anime screencap like a bunch of bases you'll find online). Please give credit if used. Also, if you use it, please let me see what you made. I love seeing works that my stuff helped with. Feel free to edit the nose and mouth as well. I just BS'd those.

Oh, and a Dunsparce quickie...
Spoiler:

Ice-type Trainer & Dunsparce Fanatic | 3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200
Karite-Kita-Neko @deviantARTKjKun Neko @GPXPlus

Last edited by KKN; February 7th, 2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Mizavie (Japanese: ネズヒコ Nezuhiko) is a Flying/Ground-type legendary Fakemon introduced in Pokemon HeavenEarth Version. It can only be obtained through a special promotional event. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokemon.
--TRIVIA---

Mizavie was not planned to be officially revealed until after the game's release. However, the creator accidently revealed it while launching the beta HeavenEarth Version website.

Mizavie was shown in a fake Pokemon Black & White Version screencap in effort to fool people into believing it was a new Pokemon. Though this screencap shows Mizavie to be a female, Mizavie is actually genderless.

--ORIGIN--

Mizavie is loosely based on the Long-eared Flying Mouse (Idiurus macrotis), but plays more on the name. It also resembles the already-existing Pokemon, Pikachu.

Mizavie's Japanese name, Nezuhiko, comes from the Japanese word for mouse (nezumi) and flying (hiko). Its English name is a corruption of the Croatian word for mouse, miševi.

Last edited by KKN; January 3rd, 2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old January 14th, 2011, 02:45 PM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

UPDATE: 3 new images have been added...

First off, here's a random icy abstract I made and titled "Icy Impact". I'll probably use it for a background of a future work, but I currently have no specific plans for it.
Spoiler:

Next up is a sloppily colorized version of an older doodle (PokeDoodles) I made. This one is titled "Dragonair (Heart and Soul)". I know it could use more work, but I can't be bothered to do anymore with it. Feel free to edit or redo this image.
Spoiler:

And last but not least, here's a photo manipulation that I made using a photo of one of my cats, Tiny. All I did was recolor his fur and eyes to make him look like a realistic Mew. Of course, it isn't exactly true to Mew, seeing as Mew's fine hair can only be seen under a microscope, so in reality, Mew would look more like a bald cat rather than one with pink fur. Anyway, I titled this one "There's a Mew in my room! :O".
Spoiler:

I hope you enjoyed this update. ^^

Last edited by KKN; February 7th, 2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old January 15th, 2011, 06:48 AM
G/ i /o
Beginning Trainer

HI! great job! your really talented!
What software did you use to make the digital-coloured jumpluff?

G/ i /o
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:44 PM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by G/ i /o View Post
HI! great job! your really talented!
What software did you use to make the digital-coloured jumpluff?
Thank you! I'm glad you think so. ^^

As for the Jumpluff picture, I'm near certain I did that one on GIMP. I didn't use any filters - just the paintbrush and smudge tool. I personally don't care much for that particular pic. Only thing I'm really happy with are the puffs.

---

UPDATE: Simple Staryu added to the Digital section...

Spoiler:

Threw this one together really quick on Paint and smoothed the lines on Inkscape.

EDIT: Though I haven't added it to my dA gallery yet, I've also worked more on that Dragonair pic I said I wouldn't be doing anything else with... ^^"

Spoiler:

I'll probably be adding some text into the background sometime.

Last edited by KKN; January 4th, 2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old January 18th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Trent_Jayir
Who the hell do you think i am

Nature: Hardy
Wow, sure is quiet in here. ;'>

Nice mew, I laughed. The staryu looks very sweet and clean and crisp, You chose really nice colours for it too. Good stuff!

Your dragonair are also superb! It's got a really nice composition and sybolisim. I really like how you've used textures in the most recent update, it looks really cool.
Old January 20th, 2011, 03:23 PM
★Symbiosis★
★Shall Mote It Be★
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I love the arceus one.Great job and keep it up.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 08:53 PM
SPM3
Beginning Trainer

Great art here! Hope you excel! :D
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:43 AM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent_Jayir View Post
Wow, sure is quiet in here. ;'>

Nice mew, I laughed. The staryu looks very sweet and clean and crisp, You chose really nice colours for it too. Good stuff!

Your dragonair are also superb! It's got a really nice composition and sybolisim. I really like how you've used textures in the most recent update, it looks really cool.
Yup. Sure is. The fact that I'm updating less often isn't helping. lol

Thanks. :)

Next to my male base, that Dragonair is my deviation with the most faves. It has also accumulated faves faster than any of my others. I find it quite funny, seeing as I didn't put much effort at all into that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeastx View Post
I love the arceus one.Great job and keep it up.
I'm glad you like it. Thank you. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM3 View Post
Great art here! Hope you excel! :D
Thanks. I'll most certainly try!

---

Itty bitty update...

This will probably bring an end to my Unown art, seeing as it completes my mini-series. Put together with my previous Unown artworks, it spells my name. Here's Unown A:

Spoiler:

Old February 27th, 2011, 08:21 AM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

UPDATE: I hadn't been able to draw traditionally since the year started, but that has FINALLY changed. Here are some things I've made since my last update.

Froslass T-shirt design added to the Digital section:
Spoiler:

I put it in a spoiler tag because the image is so large.

A Borrowed Cat Graphics Logo added to the Digital section:
Spoiler:

In my Corporate Design class, we were required to make logos for our own graphics business. I figured I could just tweak the logo I had already made for my deviantArt account, so I took out "Karite-Kita-Neko at deviantArt.com" and replaced it with the large, cursive "Graphics" as well as extending the cat's tail to form the G. Again, for those of you who don't know, my deviantArt username (Karite-Kita-Neko) translates into "A borrowed cat". This phrase refers to someone behaving in an unusually quiet or well-behaved way opposed to his/her original nature, like a cat in unfamiliar territory. This describes me perfectly.

Yami Bakura added to the Traditional section:
Spoiler:

My first decent traditional drawing this year. I'm nearly certain this is the first time I've ever drawn a non-monster Yu-Gi-Oh! character. I've been practicing drawing eyes from Yu-Gi-Oh! and I managed to get Yami Bakura's down pat. Originally I was going to work on my Yu-Gi-Oh! OC, but I ended up drawing this guy instead. I based this picture on a picture of my Yami Bakura cosplay.

Manga-style Yami Bakura added to the Hand/Digital section:
Spoiler:

A manga-style version of the above drawing. Another alternate version, mostly to appease fangirls, was made into a bookmark. [link]

Old March 25th, 2011, 09:05 AM
KittLee
Beginning Trainer

Hey umm Akiyuki Aretukasu im a HUGE shugo chara fan and i was kinda wondering if you could make me an egg PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ just to give you a little insperation: im a girl I love music and danceing and swiming and jokes i laugh alot at like almost everything funny i love to draw im laid back when i comes to grades im a good student i do swim team and hopefully im going to join the lacrosse team im a night owl which means im a night person i LOVE stars i think there so interesting and so beutiful i love greek myths and i like to read Im shy around new people and dont talk much out side of school and im not very good at making freinds in side school im funny im kinda mean when the guys in my class do something mean or say mango instead of manga THAT SOO GETS ON MY NERVES im a sweet person at heart and i try to be nice but my anger justt takes control when some one does somthing mean Who i truly am is a shy sweet nervous daring artsy brave girl who is afraid of spiders and falling
Old April 1st, 2011, 07:01 AM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittLee View Post
Hey umm Akiyuki Aretukasu im a HUGE shugo chara fan and i was kinda wondering if you could make me an egg PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ just to give you a little insperation: im a girl I love music and danceing and swiming and jokes i laugh alot at like almost everything hippo i love to draw im laid back when i comes to grades im a good student i do swim team and hopefully im going to join the lacrosse team im a night owl which means im a night person i LOVE stars i think there so interesting and so beutiful i love greek myths and i like to read Im shy around new people and dont talk much out side of school and im not very good at making freinds in side school im hippo im kinda mean when the guys in my class do something mean or say mango instead of manga THAT SOO GETS ON MY NERVES im a sweet person at heart and i try to be nice but my anger justt takes control when some one does somthing mean what i truly am is a shy sweet nervous daring artsy brave girl what is afraid of spiders and falling
I probably won't get around to doing it anytime soon, but do you want 3D eggs or 2D pixel eggs? Also, are there any specific colors or shapes/patterns you would like on your eggs? The more info you supply me with, the faster I'll get them done. In the meantime, I still have to work on about 6 more OC drawings for school. After that, I still have about 2 or 3 crazy requests to work on.

UPDATE: I attempted to redesign one of my old OCs.
Spoiler:

Click here to see the old (original) design.

I also created a new male base and a Dunsparce papercraft.

Last edited by KKN; January 4th, 2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:27 AM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

UPDATE: "Hiro - Cell Shading Attempt", "Pantan Concept", and "My Dunsparce, Uchino & Noko" added.

Hiro - Cell Shading Attempt: My effort to cell shade my previously-submitted OC, Hiro. Also, I finally figured out what to make him. He is a human, but he is also a bounty hunter/alchemist. This may change in the future, but it's the only thing I can come up with for the time being.

Pantan Concept: A fakemon that I had came up with a while back, but had never made any artwork of, other than a sprite. Pantan was based on one of my cats that passed away last August, Pan. He is a maine coon.

My Dunsparce, Uchino and Noko: Uchino is my main Dunsparce in Pokemon LeafGreen. She is a Modest-natured Special Attacker. Noko is my main Dunsparce in Pokemon HeartGold. He is a shiny Adamant-natured Physical Attacker. Their nicknames are derived from the creature Dunsparce is based on, tsuchinoko.

Old May 17th, 2011, 03:31 PM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Finally updating with some new stuff...

First up, a colorized version of a Fakemon I designed over 3 years ago:
Spoiler:

Liftbelle (Japanese: キヌトンボ Kinutonbo) is a Bug/Dragon-type Fakemon introduced in Pokemon HeavenEarth Version. Liftbelle is the Stage 2 evolution of Wanzer. Liftbelle is based on a dragonfly and a silkmoth. Liftbelle's Japanese name (Kinutonbo) is a combination of the Japanese words "kinu" (silk) and "tonbo" (dragonfly). Its English name comes from the German word for dragonfly, "libelle", combined with "lift". I made an effort to color this one similarly to the classic Ken Sugimori illustrations. Though it's probably the best I've done, I still need to work on this style...

Next up is a custom mug I designed in one of my graphic design classes:
Spoiler:

A maneki neko-themed mug. I based this artwork on the tessallation I did a couple years ago. If you're interested in downloading or buying this print, click here.

A friend of mine requested a Pikachu drawing, so here's what I made:
Spoiler:

You know, Pikachu is actually one of the harder Pokemon for me to draw, it and Eevee. They look pretty simple, but rarely can I get them to look right. To this day, I've not managed to draw a decent Pikachu or an even semi-decent Eevee.

And then I started making pictures in Microsoft Publisher:
Spoiler:

I love my Noko. <3

The cutest fusion in the world:
Spoiler:

On another Pokemon forum, I had requested a splice of Dunsparce and Oshawott. I thought the result was adorable, so I made some art of it.

And then I was inspired:
Spoiler:

To draw Oshawott.

Which led to:
Spoiler:

Its evolution! Dewott is one of my favorite Generation 5 Pokemon.

I hope you enjoyed this update!

Last edited by KKN; February 7th, 2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:19 AM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Hi there, guys! I wonder if anyone remembers me...

I've made so much artwork since my last visit. However, I'm just going to post my favorites for now. All of my other work can be found in my deviantArt gallery.

Vanillite Forms (May 2011)
Spoiler:

I haz carrot (June 2011)
Spoiler:

Poké Ball (June 2011)
Spoiler:

Nap Time (July 2011)
Spoiler:

Glowing Mystery Tiles (August 2011)
Spoiler:

Symbol of the King (December 2011)
Spoiler:

Misdeeds of the Past (December 2011)
Spoiler:

The Triforce (January 2012)
Spoiler:

Joltik (March 2012)
Spoiler:

Weavile Gijinka, Ita Yuranma (March 2012)
Spoiler:

Fakemon, Phanceil (May 2012)
Spoiler:

Dunsparce Figure (July 2012)
Spoiler:

Fakemon, Liftbelle Recolor (October 2012)
Spoiler:

Fakemon, Fairicity Redesign (October 2012)
Spoiler:

Custom Card Game Symbols (December 2012)
Spoiler:

OC Line Art, EstForor (January 2013)
Spoiler:

Snow Lapras (February 2013)
Spoiler:

Now to see if I can get this thread's name changed to match my current username...

Last edited by KKN; February 8th, 2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Fairy
in wonderland

There is so much here to go through I don't even know where to begin! @_@;;

Let me just start off with some of the things that stand out to me. This is just precious. As I've said a few times around here, I love love love it when artists take their Pokemon / fakemon drawing to the next level and really think about what the character means. A melted Vanilish. That's so, so clever and makes perfect sense at the same time. And this too!

Looking at some of your more "minimalist" art, like that Joltik, Oshawott, and (the slightly more detailed) Dragonair, I'd say you'd be pretty great at making wallpapers and backgrounds! The kind of shading-less, no outlined style is perfectly suited for that sort of thing. It's clear your have training in the field.

As for your more detailed work, I can definitely say I'm a fan! I mean, just the length of this gallery alone shows you're committed to the practice. Needless to say that your line work and eye for color (and texture-- which is really, really difficult) is near flawless. I haz carrot just cracks me up. Moreover, I love how you've spread out into three-dimensional art too. The Snow Lapras and (if I remember correctly) a Dunspace figure? Such a creative usage of your talent! I can't say I've ever done anything like that, so it's a real treat to see someone do it well!

Your graphic art, well, that would take someone x3 as talented as I to comment on. The Pokeball is just stunning. Those colors and that pattern.. compliment each other a lot. The effects you used around the rim of it make me believe it's in the midst of opening, you know? It really keeps my interest and makes me (as the viewer) imagine what Pokemon would come out of it! I definitely give you credit for giving still images life.

I really, really hope you continue to post more and keep this gallery on the up-and-up! There's already so much to look at, but I guarantee we'll want to see even more from you! <33;

{pairs} {mod} {pixel joint} {bell tree} {pokemon y} {credit} {staff collab}
If you don't know where you are going, any road can take you there

Old February 10th, 2013, 08:24 PM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
Let me just start off with some of the things that stand out to me. This is just precious. As I've said a few times around here, I love love love it when artists take their Pokemon / fakemon drawing to the next level and really think about what the character means. A melted Vanilish. That's so, so clever and makes perfect sense at the same time. And this too!
That idea actually wasn't one of my original ones. There was a Japanese comic strip that showed what happens when a Vanillite gets too warm.

I'm glad you like the Odd Keystone, though!

Quote:
Looking at some of your more "minimalist" art, like that Joltik, Oshawott, and (the slightly more detailed) Dragonair, I'd say you'd be pretty great at making wallpapers and backgrounds! The kind of shading-less, no outlined style is perfectly suited for that sort of thing. It's clear your have training in the field.
I can make vector-style backgrounds, but I prefer not to. I've seen plenty similar to this style, but I don't like bright or vivid backgrounds or backgrounds with lots of area covered by a solid color (except black, which you could argue isn't a color). I've never been big on making wallpapers, though. In the past, I've only made about 2 or 3. I may try to edit some of my works to work as backgrounds, though.

Quote:
As for your more detailed work, I can definitely say I'm a fan! I mean, just the length of this gallery alone shows you're committed to the practice. Needless to say that your line work and eye for color (and texture-- which is really, really difficult) is near flawless. I haz carrot just cracks me up. Moreover, I love how you've spread out into three-dimensional art too. The Snow Lapras and (if I remember correctly) a Dunspace figure? Such a creative usage of your talent! I can't say I've ever done anything like that, so it's a real treat to see someone do it well!
I really like dabbling around in different techniques (though I tend to experiment on my own, rather than look up tutorials), which is probably why I don't really have a solid style yet. However, the sad thing is, I try so many that none of them really stick. I'll make one picture in a style that I really like, but by the time I'm wanting to make another picture in the same style, I can't remember how I did it. I need to start making step-by-step tutorials as I go! I'm really happy that you like the works I've put out so far, though! :D

Quote:
Your graphic art, well, that would take someone x3 as talented as I to comment on. The Pokeball is just stunning. Those colors and that pattern.. compliment each other a lot. The effects you used around the rim of it make me believe it's in the midst of opening, you know? It really keeps my interest and makes me (as the viewer) imagine what Pokemon would come out of it! I definitely give you credit for giving still images life.
Thanks! I was really happy with how this one turned out. It was mostly made from practicing with filters and blending modes. At the time, I had only recently discovered blending modes and really liked some of the effects I could pull off with them. I had made a fire effect on something before this, using a technique I came up with on my own, but this one turned out far better.

Quote:
I really, really hope you continue to post more and keep this gallery on the up-and-up! There's already so much to look at, but I guarantee we'll want to see even more from you! <33;
As soon as I make some new art, I'll be sure to post it. I'm not sure when I'll get around to making anything else, though. I haven't been feeling very artistic since... well, since I made that snow Lapras. There is a picture I have in mind to work on, but I just don't feel up to it yet.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Old February 19th, 2013, 09:44 AM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

UPDATE: Not much going on lately. I haven't really felt like drawing anything recently. However, one of my fellow card fakers recently made an Ancient Mew-style fake, which inspired me to make one. I had made one in the past (Ancient Celebi) but it wasn't really great quality. Anyway, here's Ancient Azelf!

Spoiler:

If you're interested in seeing what the card turned out like, head over to the Fake Cards sub-forum.

Also, here's some minor stuff...

A soft coaster heat-dyed with my own artwork. I actually printed this a while back (like a year ago), but I recently dug it up while I was reorganizing my room and decided to upload it. I'm actually thinking about selling it, so PM me if you're interested.

Spoiler:

And a goofy and somewhat-disturbing comic based on a dream I had a couple nights ago (spoiler'd for blood/violence).

Spoiler:

Last edited by KKN; January 4th, 2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:53 PM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

UPDATE: I've been lazing around and playing games more than making art, but here are a few new additions...

Spoiler:

This is a chibi drawing of my Ice-type Gym Leader OC, Alex (known as Ace in my fan game, for the sake of having a name relating to the type used). I recently changed his attire to look more... icy. Also, this is the first time I've drawn him with two different-colored eyes, though I had said before that his eyes change between green and blue (a characteristic shared with myself).

Spoiler:

A quick doodle of my PokéSona, a fluffy Slowpoke with whiskers. He is underweight, which allows him to stand on his hind legs.

I'm pretty laid back and I like taking my time, though I often put things off too long. I do not enjoy physical activity, but I like to stay occupied to some degree. I tend to live life at my own lazy pace, waiting for an opportunity to grab me by the tail.

Spoiler:

I finally got around to designing an emblem for the bad guys in my fan game (which I'll be surprised if ever gets completed). The Fallen Angels are a group of power-hungry adults who once belonged to part of Kentea's government, but were kicked out because they wanted to use Pokémon for war and global control. Their goal is to create a one-world order, governed by their leader.

Last edited by KKN; January 4th, 2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old December 15th, 2013, 08:00 AM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

UPDATE: With the new server that doesn't make pages load stupidly slow, let's see if I can get this thread going again. Let's see... I haven't updated since March; HOLEY CHEESE! I've made far too many things since then, so I'll just add some of my favorites (from oldest to newest).

WARNING: Some of these are pretty big!

Blissey's Attract (Digital, Vector)

Mewthree - Mega Mewtwo Y (Digital, Vector)
Spoiler:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ko-d60wdg4.png

At the time I made this, the official name hadn't been revealed. I was really hoping for a Mewthree, but we got Mega Mewtwo instead. Oh well, I still like the design.

Vileplume's Rainy Day (Digital, Vector)

Land Snake (Traditional, Sculpture)
Spoiler:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ko-d674697.jpg

Probably my best character sculpture to date.

Procrastination - Human-faced Slowpoke!? (Digital, Vector)
Spoiler:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ko-d69oqml.png

I decided to draw myself in a Slowpoke costume because Wynaut?

Glassy Kanto Badges (Digital)

Kentea Region Badges (Digital)
Spoiler:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ko-d6gz9ey.png

Badges for my custom region: Fae Badge (Fairy), Muscle Badge (Fighting), Rhythm Badge (Electric), Pearl Badge (Water), Sand Badge (Ground), Corn Badge (Grass), Swelter Badge (Fire/Dragon), and Frost Badge (Ice)

The Caper of Knaio, Custom TCG Symbols (Digital)
Spoiler:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ko-d6om3h6.png

Type symbols for my custom card game project. While they probably won't appear in this style on the cards, I wanted to try giving them a glassy look. I used my own custom "language" to label them. You may notice several new additions since my last update. In clockwise order starting with the top middle: Holy, Soldier, Animal, Insect, Forest, Mythical, Air, Snow, Ocean, Storm, Nocturnal, Celestial, Virus, Artificial, Healing, Occult, Flame, Mineral (Middle, left to right: Key, Lock)

Custom Digimon Crest, Determination (Digital, 3D, Animation)
Spoiler:

Updated PokéSona, Snowpoke? (Digital, Vector, Animation)

Custom In-Training Digimon, ChibiHyomon (Digital, Vector)
Spoiler:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ko-d6waac2.png

I haven't had anything to do with Digimon in YEARS, but a friend got me inspired to try making my own. This is the second form of my custom Digimon. You can see the first here.

New Graphic Design Logo (Digital, Vector)
Spoiler:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ko-d6wqav9.png

My old one was mostly red, but I actually don't care much for red. This one also has a cleaner, sharper, and more modern look to it.

Last edited by KKN; December 15th, 2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Fairy
in wonderland

Okay, just one small thing, I'm seriously going to need to contact you about using your Blissey's Attract piece in my profile. :O It's so clean --as is always with your work-- and just absolutely impossible not to adore. Same with Vileplume's Rainy Day. Your vector work always stands out to me, and this update is no exception. Those Kanto badges are really something special though.

I'm happy to see you redefining your brand a little bit. :) I think it's important for an artist to have an identity, be it over the internet or just a pen name. I hope your new logo brings you lots of attention because, judging by your latest work, you deserve every bit of it!

and omg dat slowpoke is just darling

{pairs} {mod} {pixel joint} {bell tree} {pokemon y} {credit} {staff collab}
If you don't know where you are going, any road can take you there

Old December 23rd, 2013, 03:57 PM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Feel free to use it. I don't require permission or credit for my fan art, but I like being told/shown what it's used for.

I'm glad you like my vector work. It's been a little while since I've used the style, but I hope that I'll be able to put together something else soon. I actually meant to make a Shedinja a while back but forgot about it. If I can remember, that may be what I make next. I'm glad you like my Kanto badges as well (though I have no idea if I'll be able to reproduce the style again, as I didn't really make notes while I did it)!

I hope my new logo will make me seem like more of a serious designer and help me land a job. It's almost been a year since I graduated college and I still haven't found a job. Well, I know at least one place that would probably hire me (I did my internship there and they liked my work), but I don't drive (I have a fear of it, actually) or know anyone nearby who goes that direction, so it's out of the question. I've been hoping to find something online, but I can't find any steady jobs.

Which Slowpoke; the human-faced one or Snowpoke?

- - -

EDIT: Also, could I get this thread's title changed to KKN's Art & Design?

Old December 23rd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Captain Oshawott
The Otter Pirate

Nature: Jolly
I believe if you edit the first post, it should give you the option to change the title, but I might be wrong.

Anyways, you're work is astounding, and much like Strawberry, I keep finding myself looking at the Blissy piece. The vectors are very clean and crisp, and the coloration really pops! I really dig the Slowpoke one too *Snowpoke*, it's a very unique piece.

Thanks for reading the above post!
Big thanks to Maxresh for signature image
Old January 4th, 2014, 08:44 AM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Oshawott View Post
I believe if you edit the first post, it should give you the option to change the title, but I might be wrong.

Anyways, you're work is astounding, and much like Strawberry, I keep finding myself looking at the Blissy piece. The vectors are very clean and crisp, and the coloration really pops! I really dig the Slowpoke one too *Snowpoke*, it's a very unique piece.
It does give you the option, but it doesn't actually change it. Looks like a mod changed it for me, though.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Speaking of vectors, here's a new one, my first drawing of the new year:

Sorry that the background isn't very interesting. I wasn't sure what to put in it. I'm just happy that I was finally able to make some Eevee artwork that actually looks like Eevee. I did add a more detailed background to the card I made with it, but because the design was based on an existing one (specifically the Radiant Collection Eevee foil cutout), I didn't want to put it in my main gallery.

Last edited by KKN; January 4th, 2014 at 08:51 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links