Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Today, I am proud to release a new tool. It is not another script editor or intro editor, but something that hasn't been made yet: A cry editor.

Features

  • Easy to Use GUI
  • Compatible with all ROMs and languages.
  • Speedy ROM Writing

System Requirements

  1. Windows Xp, Vista, or 7
  2. .Net Runtime v4.0

Change Log


Version 1.0 - Initial Release
Version 1.1 - Fixed a bug that limited the length of the cries. New max length is 2.25.
Added online updates.
Added multithreaded writes to ROM.
Changes Audio Library to one without an advertisement.
Fixed a few grammar errors and bugs in the code.
Added more safety checks when writing to the ROM.

Media:




Downloads


Version 1.0
Version 1.1
Version 1.2




Last edited by Shiny Quagsire; June 4th, 2011 at 09:57 PM.
  #2    
Old January 21st, 2011, 07:18 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
I see a little grammatical mistake:
...Windows Sound Recorder so its length is less than 2 seconds. (You wrote it's.)
But I'll certainly be using it.
  #3    
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:21 AM
Full Metal's Avatar
Full Metal
C(++) Developer.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In my mind.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Full Metal
Hooray! Does this one automatically re-point to free-space?
Does it re-write the old cry with '0xFF' bytes in the case of a repoint?
What's it written in?
[and also, TS] I think that an apostrophe is supposed to be used in case of possession.

★ full metal.

I like to push it,
and push it,
until my luck is over.
  #4    
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal View Post
Hooray! Does this one automatically re-point to free-space?
Does it re-write the old cry with '0xFF' bytes in the case of a repoint?
What's it written in?
[and also, TS] I think that an apostrophe is supposed to be used in case of possession.
Nope. It's its. This tool looks useful. I do want to test something though. Will it insert even if the sound is longer than two seconds? Or will it auto-abort?

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman



[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
  #5    
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM
Andrut's Avatar
Andrut
Collecting dust since 1898
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Age: 16
I have two questions:
1. Can i just replace in-game cries like just copy the offset of one Pokemon's cry and insert it into another?
2. Sorry for asking, but the application doesn't work for me. It says something about .NET, v4.0.30319.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous
Florges
It's a forest guardian that pities how bad a type Grass is, so it gets moves to help out Grass-types, but is smart enough not to be Grass-type itself. The appearance is simply mimicry to hide from humans.
  #6    
Old January 21st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
I see a little grammatical mistake:
...Windows Sound Recorder so its length is less than 2 seconds. (You wrote it's.)
But I'll certainly be using it.
I'll fix that. It's only a first release so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal View Post
Hooray! Does this one automatically re-point to free-space?
Does it re-write the old cry with '0xFF' bytes in the case of a repoint?
What's it written in?
[and also, TS] I think that an apostrophe is supposed to be used in case of possession.
Yes, it repoints to free space automatically. It also makes sure that there is enough free space for the cry to be written. As for the overwrite thing, I'm going to try and figure that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Nope. It's its. This tool looks useful. I do want to test something though. Will it insert even if the sound is longer than two seconds? Or will it auto-abort?
Yes, but most cries don't work over that length from what I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoax View Post
I have two questions:
1. Can i just replace in-game cries like just copy the offset of one Pokemon's cry and insert it into another?
2. Sorry for asking, but the application doesn't work for me. It says something about .NET, v4.0.30319.
1. Not yet, but I'll add that support.
2. You need .NET runtime v4.0. Google it, and it should be the first link.

As of now, I'll be fixing the spelling error(s), speeding up the process of inserting, switching the audio library to one without an ad, and adding online updates. After I get those things out of the way, I'll add more "fun stuff" like pitch adjustment, possibly speed adjustment, cry swapping, and so on.



  #7    
Old January 21st, 2011, 12:22 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny quagsire View Post
Yes, but most cries don't work over that length from what I've seen.
Most, but not all. Which ones do work that are over 2 seconds. I know there is Jynx, but which other ones are there?

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman



[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
  #8    
Old January 21st, 2011, 12:27 PM
Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Most, but not all. Which ones do work that are over 2 seconds. I know there is Jynx, but which other ones are there?
Arceus, Monferno, Shaymin, ones like that. The length issue is also partly because of a bug in the code, which I fixed. As soon as I get online updating, I'll release the fixed version.

btw, How many people have got this working sucessfully?




Last edited by Shiny Quagsire; January 21st, 2011 at 12:34 PM.
  #9    
Old January 21st, 2011, 05:01 PM
Bela's Avatar
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: United States
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
It doesn't work for me. Inserting cries and trying to encounter those Pokemon's cries in-game result in either no sound or, for the 252-276 ? Pokemon, still an Unown cry.
  #10    
Old January 21st, 2011, 06:09 PM
Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
It doesn't work for me. Inserting cries and trying to encounter those Pokemon's cries in-game result in either no sound or, for the 252-276 ? Pokemon, still an Unown cry.
I should have said something about that. You cannot repoint the 25 pokemon between Celebi and Treeko. The game purposely loads the unown cry instead of using the cry table, thus not allowing those pokemon.



  #11    
Old January 22nd, 2011, 01:18 AM
misadvance
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Hi, this is a great tool. so easy to use.
thank's for this :D

i wanted to change the Treecko Cry, but i can't found the
DECIMAL NUMBER of him.
it's supossed to be "277" in the ROM.
But. after various tries, i found only this:

268 - GROVYLE
271 - TORCHIC
277 - MUDKIP


What's Going on?!
Please Help.:(

PD: The "Import Cry" works very well.:D
  #12    
Old January 22nd, 2011, 08:17 AM
francisbb's Avatar
francisbb
Join the Legacy...
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SLEEPY ISLAND z...z...Z
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
This tool is great! nice job shiny quagsire.
I support the following

Passion for Hacking

Francisbb
Hacking skillsro Tile inserter, awesome mapper, awesome scripter,
I support:

My HACKokemon Forest green still in work coming to Pokecommunity soon.
Pokemon Light Dawn Tm

dont take the name "Pokemon Light Dawn!!!!


Come join the Legacy
  #13    
Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:06 AM
Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by misadvance View Post
Hi, this is a great tool. so easy to use.
thank's for this :D

i wanted to change the Treecko Cry, but i can't found the
DECIMAL NUMBER of him.
it's supossed to be "277" in the ROM.
But. after various tries, i found only this:

268 - GROVYLE
271 - TORCHIC
277 - MUDKIP


What's Going on?!
Please Help.

PD: The "Import Cry" works very well.:D
It was a bug in the code. It's fixed now though,

A-Cry v. 1.1 Released!


This version is a bugfix update, and fixes several bugs. Now all 8bit 11kHz cries can be inserted, and the limit by the game is 2.25, which is more than enough really. It also adds online updates, safer cry inserting, faster ROM writing, a new audio library without an ad, and several small bugfixes.

A-Cry Version 1.1 Download



  #14    
Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
misadvance
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny quagsire View Post
It was a bug in the code. It's fixed now though, ;)

A-Cry v. 1.1 Released!


This version is a bugfix update, and fixes several bugs. Now all 8bit 11kHz cries can be inserted, and the limit by the game is 2.25, which is more than enough really. It also adds online updates, safer cry inserting, faster ROM writing, a new audio library without an ad, and several small bugfixes.[/URL]
:D Thanks Shiny Quagsire, like Superman, you saved the day :P
I'm going to test this new Version!!!
  #15    
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:29 PM
timson733333's Avatar
timson733333
Me gusta.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stealth!
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
It says:

"An error has occured while converting the WAV to GBA format.
Make sure your cry is an 8bit 11khz WAV file, then try again. (It is)
Error: Access to the path "C:\temp.wav" is denied."
  #16    
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by timson733333 View Post
It says:

"An error has occured while converting the WAV to GBA format.
Make sure your cry is an 8bit 11khz WAV file, then try again. (It is)
Error: Access to the path "C:\temp.wav" is denied."
Try running it as administrator, and try again.



  #17    
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:40 PM
timson733333's Avatar
timson733333
Me gusta.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stealth!
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Alright, it works now. Thanks.

*Edit: When I try to change a cry in Emerald (Bulbasaur -> Snivy), the sound doesn't play. Why?

Last edited by timson733333; January 28th, 2011 at 07:52 PM.
  #18    
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:54 AM
pokewalker's Avatar
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Does this also work with NDS roms?
  #19    
Old January 29th, 2011, 06:20 AM
itari's Avatar
itari
悪魔の妹
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 紅魔館
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokewalker View Post
Does this also work with NDS roms?
No, it was made for GBA ROMs only.
  #20    
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Tetra's Avatar
Tetra
shining star
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, UK
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
How come when I replace a cry in Pokemon Emerald, there is always a glitch like when you are about to catch a pokemon, and when you go to bag, the screen goes blank or the game restarts. Can anyone help me?
paired to Nathan

Last edited by Tetra; February 2nd, 2011 at 01:31 AM.
  #21    
Old January 29th, 2011, 06:17 PM
timson733333's Avatar
timson733333
Me gusta.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stealth!
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Cry replacing on Emerald just doesn't work for me :/ Every time I try to replace a cry, it is not played.
  #22    
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Tetra's Avatar
Tetra
shining star
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, UK
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Thats funny, because when I use Pokemon Emerald, it works but there is always a glitch.
paired to Nathan
  #23    
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:44 PM
Craver's Avatar
Craver
I'm From WAH!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Argentina
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utnLnEFZvhA

Look what happened in my PC.
I don't know what is but if you can say me, Shiny Quagsire I would apreciate to you!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
  #24    
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:44 AM
Tetra's Avatar
Tetra
shining star
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, UK
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Whenever I use a gen 5 cry, and I convert it, it says that I need to convert it. HELP.
paired to Nathan
  #25    
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:26 AM
Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by timson733333 View Post
Alright, it works now. Thanks.

*Edit: When I try to change a cry in Emerald (Bulbasaur -> Snivy), the sound doesn't play. Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craver View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utnLnEFZvhA

Look what happened in my PC.
I don't know what is but if you can say me, Shiny Quagsire I would apreciate to you!
Hmmmm... Try cleaning up some of the inside work files. Delete GBA WAV converter from the A-Cry folder, and go to your C drive and delete both temp.wav and temp.bin. If one of those doesn't exist, tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atif View Post
Whenever I use a gen 5 cry, and I convert it, it says that I need to convert it. HELP.
What did you use to convert it? I use r8brain, which is a lovely and free tool.

As for the emerald problems, I'll try and fix those. I'm not entirely sure why it does that, but I'll look into it.




Last edited by Shiny Quagsire; February 2nd, 2011 at 07:31 AM.
Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:15 PM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.