The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 21st, 2011, 09:43 PM
shomoher

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
Please next time, try to figure it out yourself, if your really really are stuck you can ask.

I'm not trying to be rude but please stop giving away answers, it's annoying and let people find out for themselves, it's not fun giving away answers and take the fun out of others enjoyment to the game.

That's not very nice of you. Maybe I asked because I searched for hours and I couldn't find anything?

Ice Pokemon are the Best~

TaeYeon. Jessica. Sunny. Tiffany. HyoYeon. YuRi. SooYoung. YoonA. SeoHyun
DJ I Love You
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:19 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
I'm not trying to be rude but please stop giving away answers, it's annoying and let people find out for themselves, it's not fun giving away answers and take the fun out of others enjoyment to the game.
...seriously? If people are asking questions, why shouldn't we answer them? I can understand being upset about intentionally spoiling the game's plot or something but if it's obvious that people want help (as evidenced by the fact that they're posting here), it doesn't make any sense to deny them that help. And, if anything, refusing to answer their questions makes the game less enjoyable because if a person is unable to get past a certain part and nobody's helping them, they're just going to stop playing.

I understand where you're coming from. It's just that your suggestion is not at all practical.

Brother of Vrai
Old January 21st, 2011, 11:54 PM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomoher View Post
I'm stuck!! I got a call from Prof. Birch after I defeated Pestatine? (Can't really remember her name...) in Veranturf...

Where do I go now?
Sorry, didn't see this earlier. Let me help you:

Spoiler:
Get HM Cut from the Endless Plains area in Verdanturf, then use it to get north of Rustboro. Fight Laura for the Balance Badge, and steal a Magikarp from the Black Belt. If you look carefully, you'll see you now have everything you need to Surf south from Route 104.

Quote:
It's okay with us, your the only one who didn't beg for the answer. If your stuck on really hard puzzles, you can ask, but some are also on the main post, anyway, we give you guys clues to help yourself find the answers.That goes for everyone that's stuck,thanks.
And this hack got voted in HOTM? Never knew that, I would have voted for you though cuterline
I don't think the HotM voting is closed yet; if I'm right, it ends on the 1st of February. So, Tcoppy and all you (if any) who love Snakewood, go and vote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaxon
Hahaha! Loved the TD reference.

"I do not need
A microphone!"

"My voice is-
Oh, wait, you won?"

Love how you cut him off just as he's about to swear.

Also, what was the point in putting a second Mush Mask into the game? And what's the Hard Solo Disk?
Who is it who says that again? I don't remember...

And where is this second Mush Mask? It really shouldn't be there! Tell me so I can remove it.

As for the Hard Disk Solo... Hehe. It's a secret. I will say that it does nothing right now - but eventually, it will do something very major indeed.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 10:56 AM
E.C.

Nature: Bold
To get kingmadio, do you need to go to mirage island or just swim around where mirage island is suppose to be??

PS: i voted for snakewood on HotM
Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:17 PM
XDragonRiderX
My oh my, how time has passed.

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDKIPS4LIFE View Post
really? you don't even need to ask that, if there's a working gym. What do you think?
No offense
Do I have to do an event? I beat Winona already. Do I have to trigger something?

Old January 22nd, 2011, 04:32 PM
Raaxon
Sephiroth never stood a chance

Location: Deepest reachs of somewhere. I'm lost. Can you help me?
The TD reference guy is on a little island-y bit near the 7 Status Fisherman, namely near the 'slow' Fisherman.

The second Mush Mask is underwater in a Dive spot near where the Hard Disk Solo is.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 06:37 PM
Zanji
Beginning Trainer

this is the best Hack i have ever played, although I can not get passed the severed head on the first floor of Mt. Pyre.. can anybody help
Old January 22nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Raaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanji View Post
this is the best Hack i have ever played, although I can not get passed the severed head on the first floor of Mt. Pyre.. can anybody help
You don't. There's another entrance on the right side of Mt. Pyre. You have to go the full way around the Mt, and go into the side entrance.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:00 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaxon View Post
The TD reference guy is on a little island-y bit near the 7 Status Fisherman, namely near the 'slow' Fisherman.

The second Mush Mask is underwater in a Dive spot near where the Hard Disk Solo is.
Thanks. I'll remove that right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDragonRiderX View Post
Do I have to do an event? I beat Winona already. Do I have to trigger something?
Just go into the Gym, beat all the Trainers to activate the mirror, and solve the puzzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ View Post
To get kingmadio, do you need to go to mirage island or just swim around where mirage island is suppose to be??

PS: i voted for snakewood on HotM
Kingmadio is indeed on Mirage Island. Obviously both Haruko and Feng Lei spent a very long time looking for theirs.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:07 AM
Hippybob
Beginning Trainer

Love the romhack but out of curiosity, does Unown ever learn any move or can you teach it any tms/hms at all? If not I f***ed up royally ._.

Also what do we do with Broken Hearts?

Also no.2: Do i get the Strength HM via storyline or do I have to explore somewhere to get it?

And where is the Acro bike equivalent?

T_T is there a Toxic tm and where is it?

Sorry for all the questions ._.

Last edited by Hippybob; January 23rd, 2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:39 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
You should try inserting better tiles. If you cant do it (like me), then ask someone in the help recruitment thread.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:26 AM
General Faroh
So...kidneys change colors?

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
...seriously? If people are asking questions, why shouldn't we answer them? I can understand being upset about intentionally spoiling the game's plot or something but if it's obvious that people want help (as evidenced by the fact that they're posting here), it doesn't make any sense to deny them that help. And, if anything, refusing to answer their questions makes the game less enjoyable because if a person is unable to get past a certain part and nobody's helping them, they're just going to stop playing.

I understand where you're coming from. It's just that your suggestion is not at all practical.
I'm not trying to pick a fight, but if you look around the entire thread, all these questions are already answered. I understand what your saying but with more people asking questions that already been answered, means thats spam, too much spam means this thread might be closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
You should try inserting better tiles. If you cant do it (like me), then ask someone in the help recruitment thread.
Cutlerine already said he's keeping the R/S/E tiles cause this is a hack that takes place right after R/S/E in Hoenn. It doesn't make sence changing the tiles.

And Cutlerine I decided to make a youtube walkthough of this hack if thats fine.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:59 AM
Cutlerine

Cracks knuckles for large post...

Quote:
I'm not trying to pick a fight, but if you look around the entire thread, all these questions are already answered. I understand what your saying but with more people asking questions that already been answered, means thats spam, too much spam means this thread might be closed.

Cutlerine already said he's keeping the R/S/E tiles cause this is a hack that takes place right after R/S/E in Hoenn. It doesn't make sence changing the tiles.

And Cutlerine I decided to make a youtube walkthough of this hack if thats fine.
Do what you will in the way of walkthroughs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
I do not wish to insert better tiles. Graphical quality has absolutely nothing to do with how good a game is, and if anyone says otherwise, they're completely missing the point.

So-called 'better' tiles are nothing but graphical junk food; they satisfy the eye but not the burning soul of the gamer. I prefer to focus on storyline, jokes, references and general gameplay than graphics. You can tell by the sprites, as well as the tiles. As long as you can tell what you're looking at, it's fine by me.

Not everyone agrees with me here, but I have made my position clear from the outset (I think I said something about it in the first post), and will stand by it until the bitter end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippybob View Post
Love the romhack but out of curiosity, does Unown ever learn any move or can you teach it any tms/hms at all? If not I f***ed up royally ._.

Also what do we do with Broken Hearts?

Also no.2: Do i get the Strength HM via storyline or do I have to explore somewhere to get it?

And where is the Acro bike equivalent?

T_T is there a Toxic tm and where is it?

Sorry for all the questions ._.
Broken Hearts... do nothing yet, but watch this space and don't sell them.

Unown... you will have to find out for yourself.

Strength is the last HM you get, and you can't get it yet. It will be a reward for defeating Senex at last (since it allows access to the three Legendary Furis).

The Acro Bike equivalent can be found in Pacifidlog Town in the form of the Air Treks, a gift from the oddly familiar Aeon Clock.

TM Toxic... may or may not be in the game yet. I'll check and insert it if it isn't.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
I do not wish to insert better tiles. Graphical quality has absolutely nothing to do with how good a game is, and if anyone says otherwise, they're completely missing the point.

So-called 'better' tiles are nothing but graphical junk food; they satisfy the eye but not the burning soul of the gamer. I prefer to focus on storyline, jokes, references and general gameplay than graphics. You can tell by the sprites, as well as the tiles. As long as you can tell what you're looking at, it's fine by me.

Not everyone agrees with me here, but I have made my position clear from the outset (I think I said something about it in the first post), and will stand by it until the bitter end.
You're damn right graphics dont make a good game! They only make good movies, and we're talking about games here! That's why Im loyal to Pokemon Ruby hacks like Snakewood since Fire Red ones are too graphic heavy anyways.

Now, back to the topic of Snakewood: As far as the achievments, there are 2 that Im still pondering as to if they're actually possible, which are numbers 49 (Find a mislabeled can) and 52 (Obtain a Pokémon with psychic powers capable of destroying the world). Any small tips?
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:50 PM
Zanji
Beginning Trainer

So I Evoled the egg and, now I'm stuck with it.. what do i do? Give it a stone, oh wait it wont take any of my stones... can anybody help me?
Old January 23rd, 2011, 02:20 PM
Raaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanji View Post
So I Evoled the egg and, now I'm stuck with it.. what do i do? Give it a stone, oh wait it wont take any of my stones... can anybody help me?
The Egg evolved? You mean, once hatched, you evolved it? In that case, you need to level it up more and evolve again (lvl 43 or something). Then you can give it a stone.

Spoiler:
Water stone = Suicune, Thunderstone = Raikou, Fire stone = Entei, Leaf Stone = Celebi, Moon Stone = Unknown.

Hey, Cutlerine! I don't wanna tell you how to make your hack (as if you need my help anyway), but I reckon you should put in a Hyperegg evolution for Sun Stone. It's feeling a bit left out, the poor fella. Just 'cause it wasn't apart of the original Stone crew.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Hippybob
Beginning Trainer

Found a cool little easter egg thing in the madio cave :3 Very kewl :3
Old January 23rd, 2011, 05:35 PM
Zanji
Beginning Trainer

Gah, i really have hit another obsticle.. I left completly away from fortree to Mauville city and now I can't get back.... I hate the decisions I make sometimes
Old January 23rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
XDragonRiderX
My oh my, how time has passed.

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
Just go into the Gym, beat all the Trainers to activate the mirror, and solve the puzzle.
Ummm..... a tiny problamo. There are no trainers, just something blocking me. NOTE TO ALL NEW PLAYERS: NEVER, EVER, USE WTWS. IT'LL MESS UP YOUR GAMES. I'm supposed to do something, right?

Old January 24th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaxon View Post
The Egg evolved? You mean, once hatched, you evolved it? In that case, you need to level it up more and evolve again (lvl 43 or something). Then you can give it a stone.

Spoiler:
Water stone = Suicune, Thunderstone = Raikou, Fire stone = Entei, Leaf Stone = Celebi, Moon Stone = Unknown.

Hey, Cutlerine! I don't wanna tell you how to make your hack (as if you need my help anyway), but I reckon you should put in a Hyperegg evolution for Sun Stone. It's feeling a bit left out, the poor fella. Just 'cause it wasn't apart of the original Stone crew.
Can't put in a Sun Stone one. There's a limit on how many evolutions one Pokémon can have.

I still don't understand why people are trying to hatch their Hyperegg. It has a base stat total that is significantly higher than the legendaries it hatches into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatfreak23 View Post
You're damn right graphics dont make a good game! They only make good movies, and we're talking about games here! That's why Im loyal to Pokemon Ruby hacks like Snakewood since Fire Red ones are too graphic heavy anyways.

Now, back to the topic of Snakewood: As far as the achievments, there are 2 that Im still pondering as to if they're actually possible, which are numbers 49 (Find a mislabeled can) and 52 (Obtain a Pokémon with psychic powers capable of destroying the world). Any small tips?
No. 52: Read the Pokédex entries for your clues.

No. 49: Go for water.

Old January 24th, 2011, 02:50 AM
jakkinho
Beginning Trainer

Wiii got myself a ramshaker ;D now on to finding radiorange, but that's for another time
Old January 24th, 2011, 07:04 AM
shomoher

Nature: Calm
I think I've found a glitch... I've trained my Hombone and it evolved at Level 40. But when it evolved to Hombeast, it became Level 37?

Ice Pokemon are the Best~

TaeYeon. Jessica. Sunny. Tiffany. HyoYeon. YuRi. SooYoung. YoonA. SeoHyun
DJ I Love You
Old January 24th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomoher View Post
I think I've found a glitch... I've trained my Hombone and it evolved at Level 40. But when it evolved to Hombeast, it became Level 37?
Ah. I thought I'd stopped all my Fakemon doing that. Thanks for telling me, though, because I'll now go and fix Hombone.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaxon
Raaxon, I can't seem to find the Mush Mask for the life of me... is there any chance you could tell me which Route you Dive from to get to it?

Last edited by Cutlerine; January 24th, 2011 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Yo ho ho and a bottle of I CAN'T FIND MY MISTAKES :(
Old January 25th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Couriway
leaping through the woods

Nature: Jolly
Where do you go to rescue Gleis? Where is he?

Last edited by Couriway; January 25th, 2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by atif View Post
Where do you go to rescue Gleis? Where is he?
In the Island of Calm, that area where Snakewood first shows signs of lunacy...

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links