The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?
??? (The mysterious woman) 29 42.65%
Aster 14 20.59%
Kaius 12 17.65%
Lilah 4 5.88%
Sadie 3 4.41%
Vivi 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 19th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Espuwott
ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL

Nature: Modest
what do i need to play Pokemon Identity?
Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:58 PM
SkieTheKitsune
Please call me FoxMan.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKasnAp View Post
what do i need to play Pokemon Identity?
You need the following 3 things-

1. An emulator. (Since this is a hack of a GBA game I recommend VBA- (by the way, that's VisualBoyAdvance if you don't know), but you can always pick something else)
2. A clean FireRed rom. (Specifically the English rom. If you want to get even more specific, use the file name that is given in the first post. I ain't giving anything out because linking to roms is not allowed, obviously.)
3. An IPS patcher. (I recommend Lunar IPS, but again, you can always pick something else.)

Download the IPS patch, use the patcher to patch it to a copy of the rom, rename the rom to (preferably) the title of this hack, and bingo, you've got yourself a demo of Pokemon Identity. I hope that was helpful.

Mah Pokes.
Old January 30th, 2011, 09:03 PM
xDaisuke0
Aspiring Professor

Nature: Lonely
Played this through twice cuz it was so good.
Games should be like this, it's indepth and totally different.
Sucks to hear that you're facing some trouble and it's not coming out yet but hope you can fix it all up and take your time, we're all waiting eagerly but patiently.
:D Good Luck.
Old February 1st, 2011, 04:20 PM
evefarrel
Unhatched Egg

I am not far into the demo yet but so far it is an amazing game. I love the fact you can choose a Ralts as your starter, it is tied with Umbreon at being my favorite pokemon.
Old February 5th, 2011, 07:14 PM
pizzaz007
Why not?

Nature: Relaxed
Well, during my first playthrough of this game (I LOVED it by the way), I found a game breaking bug. When you get the guards key and go down into the sewers and the girl lets you in (sorry, i forgot her name ), if you die while wondering in those sewers, you can never be let through again, because she doesn't come to get you. You probably need to fix that bug, but other than that, the game looks EPIC :D
Old February 12th, 2011, 05:49 AM
myokan
Developer

Nature: Quirky
Great hack! The Silvertone Slums or whatever they're called seem impossible to get through. I think you should have it least changed the OW of ID though.
Old February 15th, 2011, 06:59 PM
SuperSmash5

While I haven't played altogether many hacks, this one is my absolute favorite by far. It's the only hack I've come across that is heavily based around what appears to be developing into a deep and very gripping story. I loved the cliffhanger even though it was spoiled because I read too much of this thread. There were some parts of it that I thought were a little forced like the fact that the main character is suddenly a robot and the deal with timeless grove, but I won't be too critical because I know you've already completed the story. I would just recommend maybe lengthening the opening a little. I don't know how intensive that would be but I don't think it would be too hard to add a few more lines of dialogue and maybe make the run through the base just a little longer. It just felt really fast with the 'leg-enhancements'.

As far as game mechanics go, there was only one thing that I felt was somewhat annoying and that was how hard it was to find the second exit to the Silvertone Sewers with so many doors. There were also a lot of trainer battles down there, perhaps a few too many.

The only other thing I might suggest is perhaps modifying the starters a little more. To be honest, with the exception of Ralts, I found them to be rather off-putting. Changing the stats and some of the moves was nice, but I think you might even be able to take it farther. For example, you could give Ralts moves like Shadow Ball, Shock Wave, Disable, Psywave, Confuse Ray, Recover, or Mist Ball. You could give Seedot/Nuzleaf moves like Quick Attack, Mach Punch, Detect, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Spore or Beat Up. Machop only has normal and fighting type moves so you could try things like Rock Tomb, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Earthquake, or Outrage. I also thought Pound would be more appropriate than Tackle for Ralts but whatever.

I like coming up with interesting and surprising movesets for pokemon, but those are really just ideas that I thought I might share if you wanted to steal some of them or use them to help think of some movesets of your own, or not. I don't want to get in the way of whatever direction you're taking this hack.
Old February 19th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Fezao4
Hi

Nature: Brave
Wow...Really nice Story Line.
So we need to Identity persons right?No we dont need...
Well...I started whit an Ralts Because I wanted Gardevoir or Gallade.Aster Started with an Seedot!Who Started with Machop.....I think the Mysterious Girl....Whit Erika s Sprite.I think she s naame is the sister name or Erika(The Original name).

Last edited by Fezao4; March 8th, 2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Ocarion
I'm just playing hacks

Nature: Lax
The mysterious woman is someone's sister and YOU chose the name at the beginning of the gameplay. I don't remember all the deails because it has been a while ,but its still mt favorite hack of all time.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
aka825
Online Trainer

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocarion View Post
The mysterious woman is someone's sister and YOU chose the name at the beginning of the gameplay. I don't remember all the deails because it has been a while ,but its still mt favorite hack of all time.
No, the woman is not ID's sister, or at least we do not know yet. We do not get to name her; in fact, she has no name other than "Mysterious Woman". The actual sister we name in the intro is not involved at any point of the game, except the blackout (if I remember). Just wanted to clarify.

Old March 7th, 2011, 09:45 PM
VGAura
Beginning Trainer

I didn't want to do this but each day that passes convinces me more and more. After 2 months of not being able to work on it, its clear that I cannot keep up with the time and energy required to make significant progress on this hack anytime soon. Therefore, I've decided to suspend this hack for now. When the time comes where I find that I have enough free time to make a good amount of progress on this hack, I will try to get as much done as possible.

But in secret.

If it turns out I REALLY cannot finish the hack, I'll convert all of the in-game dialogue and events into a short novel and post it in the Fan Fic and Writing forum, so the full story will be revealed one way or another.
Old March 8th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Semyaza
Lurker Extraordinaire

Thank you for the update. I am sorry to hear of your troubles and wish you luck in their resolution.
Old March 8th, 2011, 04:47 PM
aka825
Online Trainer

Nature: Calm
....:'(

There is nothing more to say. If this game ends it's existence, well... A fan will unfortunately take over. But it will not be the same. It never is. I hope that you will find all the free time you require.

Cheering for you and Id!

Old March 8th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka825 View Post
....:'(

There is nothing more to say. If this game ends it's existence, well... A fan will unfortunately take over. But it will not be the same. It never is. I hope that you will find all the free time you require.

Cheering for you and Id!
I don't think a fan will take over. a) No one ever took over ShinyGold, b) we have very good staff in Emulation and I don't think they'd allow a random person to just take over someone else's hack that they've worked their ass off for.

But yeah, hope you find more time to work on this, VGAura. It was, imho, one of the best hacks around. :(

Sponsored Links