Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
The warden
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
For a while now, since September I think, I've been planning a role play, as of yet I don't have a name for it. I have been scanning through this thread and it seams that a lot of RPers on the site don't like slice of life RPs it left me thinking about just how well my RP would go down, as it is it would be a long RP as it is set across four months, and most of it is simply day to day character interaction and development. Anyway This is what I have got so far, if any one has any advice or comments I would be very happy to hear them.

p.s. Seven Deadly Sins is kind of what I'm calling it at the moment but I don't think it is quite fitting. Also there will only be 7 6 slots one for each of the deadly sins, minus the slot reserved for myself. Also each character will be paired with one of the heavenly virtues, but not the one that is paired with their sin e.g. sloth and kindness is allowed but not envy and kindness.

Spoiler:
Seven Deadly Sins

For months the atmosphere in your house has been tense, to say the least, after all you have applied for one of the most prestigious schools in the UK. Your parents are likely acting something like this, an over excited dad “Oh. I'm so proud of you son/daughter.” and a worried sick mum “How will you cope without us?” or “What if you haven't been accepted?”. Somewhere in the middle is where you are, a balance of stress and excitement as you look forward, to a life with out your neurotic parents.

But in the last few weeks you have begun to feel like a different person completely, firstly you seem to be having wired dreams, dreams where you are either an angel, or an evil creature and in many of the dreams you shape-shift back and forth between the two. Secondly you have felt your personality change, you feel a burning desire, like a darkness spreading over your heart and creeping through your veins but you also feel a willingness to do something to make a change to who you are and make you a better person. All of this however has gone unmentioned to you parents or to anyone else for that matter, as you have much bigger things to worry about at the moment.

And then it arrived, the day that would change your world, forever...

It probably started like any other day, but on that day a very important letter arrived addressed to you. It was the day that you had waited for for so long, if it wasn't you who had then it was definitely your pushy parents. The letter seemed like any other, it was a brown envelope with a first class stamp on the front and on the back was stamped a seal, the school logo of St. Jude's school. You had worked long and hard to prove that you were good enough to get into St. Jude's, weeks of revision followed by a grueling three hour entrance exam and an interview with a member of staff. It was said that an education at St. Jude's school could be life changing, but at the time you opened the envelope you didn't realize how much it would change yours...

Dear Student

We would like to congratulate you on your successful application to St. Jude's boarding school.

On behalf of the school I welcome all new and returning students, and would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the time table of the opening week.

Wednesday 5th September 11 am – School accommodation opened
Friday 7th September – Introductory speech
Monday 10th September – Lessons begin

All the other information that you will require is included in the following documents but should you have any inquires do not hesitate to email us at [email protected].

Yours Faithfully J. Kindle PhD MTh MEd (Headmaster)

Major themes

Character development
The main theme of the RP is character development. Most of the RP will be about friendships and interactions between the RPers and the NPCs. Another major plot point is temptation as I have already mentioned in the plot your character will have a desire, which will be one of the seven deadly sins, but your character also has one of the seven heavenly virtues. The story will revolve around the struggle between these two forces in each character.

Fantasy
Through out the RP you will encounter a beings ranging between angels and demons, werewolves and vampires. Some will want to help your character, others may want to kill them and at some points you will get into fights with them.

Horror
At points your character will find themselves in situations involving demons, monster, undead and a whole host of other vile creatures.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 05:04 AM
~Wind~
Mostly inactive.

Nature: Calm
Just to check, we're only allowed in three roleplays at a time right?
Also, sounds good, Warden.
If we're allowed in more than 3 RP's, I'll definately join.
This user mostly isn't online
-Tumblr Account-

Last edited by ~Wind~; January 23rd, 2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 05:32 AM
Adventure
in H O E N N

Nature: Naive
I think you're allowed to be in as many RPs as you want :) As long as you stay active in all of them. People will get sad if you leave their RP for another one, probably.

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old January 23rd, 2011, 05:41 AM
~Wind~
Mostly inactive.

Nature: Calm
Ah.
That's good, 'cus there's so many good RP's around now!
This user mostly isn't online
-Tumblr Account-
Old January 31st, 2011, 09:02 AM
Adventure
in H O E N N

There are indeed many RPs around now. I've noticed most of them are RPs with one-liners (FORBIDDEN AAAAAAH *yanks Michaela's sleeve*) or at least one-paragraphs thrown forth and back between the players with a lot of personal interaction to get the story moving.

And at the same time, there's a decrease of those novel-length-post RPs (if there ever were many) like New Johto League or New Professor In Town. I'm hoping we're not moving in the direction towards the kind of RPs on Bulbagarden forums... they're nowhere near as organized and deep as PC's are, and I'm proud of our RP section even if I haven't been hanging around here for long ^^ (I've been stalkin and readin your RPs for much longaah than I've been postinnn @___@ )

But still, as long as we keep the system with threads having to be approved before visible, as well as enforcing the general RP rules, the faster, shorter-posts-RPs are a good thing for PC methinks. Because when I wasn't yet an oldie at PC (he's calling himself an oldie, SHOOT HIM *poff*) I was afraid of trying to RP here :B because it looked so advanced...

Now we've made room for some simpler RPs (I'm not saying they're not as enjoyable as the deeper, higher rated ones, mind you. We all like different things. ) that can let newer RPers train themselves as well as older RPers lean back and join an adventure that's not too demanding or exhausting for a change~

Don't you think? :3

¤
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:17 AM
Ash_Ketchum123
^^ Ninjas ^^

Nature: Quirky
Ace agrees with RHCP *place stamp of approval here*

Well, I'm not saying I'm a veteran in RPing, (I'm actually more of an advanced beginner or something...okay, just a beginner) it's just that when I first visited PC, I actually bumped into the RP corner by accident. I kind of read some, then I got interested and wanted to join one, but I was afraid to because almost all of them required high standards, something Ace thinks he cannot achieve. But now that we have short and simpler RPs, this would help the beginning RPers to practice their writing skills, and expand their imagination.

Allllthooouuuuugh....... I still prefer novel-length-post RPs simply because I love reading stories other people wrote.
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:34 AM
Adventure
in H O E N N

Yeah, I love it when the GMs of novel-ish RPs make sure to let in serious, good RPers. Because even if you're not let in yourself, you can be sure there's good stories to read ^^ I rarely have patience or interest enough to read stories in the Fiction area on PC... But the RPs are different. More alive. n___n

¤
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:43 AM
Ash_Ketchum123
^^ Ninjas ^^

I think it's because a bunch of people are actually working together to make a great story rather than thinking of one yourself. Different perspectives on one situation is one of the reasons I like novel-ish RPs. It's like when you're watching a concert on TV. At home, you can only see what the cameraman wants you to see, but when your backstage, it's a whole different thing (Not sure if I gave a correct example, though xD)
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:51 AM
Adventure
in H O E N N

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. But still, novel RPs could get a bit lonesome because you don't interact as often with other players as in shorter posts RPs. Some GMs want you to write joint posts for that, and if you're doing it over PM it can take a while.

Plus, writing a post becomes a project, while in shorter posts RPs, you can go in and do your part once in a while ^^ Then again, in shortRPs people are more depending on you, if you're playing out something together, while in novelRPs you can pretty much go about your own pace.

There's clearly ups and downs to both, so it's probably good we have both here ^^ Although there's only 2 novelRPs atm I think, and no spots open... *makes evil plan*
Meh, I haven't got the time to GM an RP like that now, so someone else should maybe ^^

¤
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:02 AM
Ash_Ketchum123
^^ Ninjas ^^

Really? Only two? Ace must convince someone to make one. To the thinking cha- wait. Nah. Maybe later. Thinking can wait.

Anyways, I can't GM one too, since I seriously suck at GMing RPs. My last RPdidn't go that well. It didn't even officially start as I expected. But I guess it's because I didn't think through the plan of making a Pokemon Ranger RP. Or it's because of me being such a bad GM... *insert extremely sad face here*

I suddenly have this crazy urge of making an Animorph RP... I know someone already made one, but I think it got shut down for some reason I can't remember...
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:09 AM
Adventure
in H O E N N

Well, PC needs more non-pokémon RPs as well! *puts out chest* Or maybe not, since most aren't very successful => people don't want/need them xD But try :3

And if you think you "suck" at being a GM, what other way is there to improve than to try over and over again? And learn from each mistake. The first RP I ever created... well it was actually pretty successful xD (not on PC) but I was the one who pretty much dropped out :E I had reasons though! yeah, that's what all GMs say

But seriously. Trial and error is the way to go. And look at other RPs; what works and what fails, what do people like, what have never been tried before? And a large thing about making an RP successful, I guess... is picking your players carefully. The quality of the players = the quality of the RP. No exceptions.

And, since this thread (a long time ago xD) was used for advertising, I'll advertise a little~ Unless the 6th player of the CAPTURED Version RP shows up soon, there will be a spot open. In a matter of days at least. *tempts with cookies*

¤
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:22 AM
Ash_Ketchum123
^^ Ninjas ^^

Maybe I'll try turning that Animorph RP idea to reality. But I'm afraid it would just die out like most of the non-Pokémon related RPs in PC. *ponders for a moment* What if they transformed into Pokémon instead? It's already been done before, but maybe I'll try bringing it back.

CAPTURED Version RP, you say? I actually wanted to join that one, but I guess I was too late *super-ultramagnetic sad face* I guess I'd try to sign-up if one spot opens (and I don't want to sound mean, but I'm hoping a spot does open soon )
Old February 1st, 2011, 04:08 AM
Adventure
in H O E N N

xD Kiiiind of like the one I'm picking players for right now? Only mine is set in japanese feudal (medieval...) times, so it's a bit different I guess. I think they're usually pretty popular, pokémorph RPs.

In CAPTURED, we've been waiting for 3 or 4 days now for him to even show signs of life. And since it's only the start of the RP, I'm getting a bit impatient... we'll seeee. make your SU in advance 8D

Hm, actually, there are no general RP rules about how a GM must choose his participants, are there? So if I find a person who wants to be in a RP I've made, and I approve of him/her, then I can simply let him/her in if they put up a decent enough SU. Riiight? There shouldn't be anything stopping GMs from asking his friends, or in this thread even for interested players and choose from them.

Since there can be "private" roleplays on PC as well, I mean. It's not exactly open for any participants there.

¤
Old February 1st, 2011, 04:22 AM
Ash_Ketchum123
^^ Ninjas ^^

*checks rulebook* Nope. *throws it at some cats*

I better get my SU ready then xD

Anyway, yeah, pokémorph RPs are getting popular. Although they are fun and really gets your creative juices going, I still like the normal "travel around the regions and beat gym leaders on the way" RPs. There's just something about them that never gets old. (Like Pokémon itself :D)
Old February 1st, 2011, 04:45 AM
Adventure
in H O E N N

I agree 8D Which is why I'm trying not to drop the "road to pokémon master" RP. Akura just challenged you btw~

It doesn't matter how much some veteran RPers say a plot needs creativity and twists and new, different settings; the journey RPs will never grow old, there are always people who want to play them. *raises hand*

¤
Old February 1st, 2011, 05:36 AM
Doctor Who
Saving the earth with a bowtie

Just to join the conversation, I'm thinking of creating a second novel-length journey rp because really, there's far too little now. But first I shall have to resuscitate the first *sigh*

In any case I've been waiting for ages for someone to open a good journey roleplay, been itching to join one but none of them with spots are novel-length and I strictly believe in GM-ing my own roleplays ONLY. So I'm hoping that someone will, or I can at least help keep them going by creating another one.
Old February 1st, 2011, 05:49 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
*sigh* Nowadays, Pokemon RPs are becoming more and more dormant. I'm craving for virtual roleplaying action! Something to write about, something to brew up a horribly queer concoction of words! That's why I'm going around SU-ing up for spots in RPs, I need some adrenalin in my boring life. :/

Old February 1st, 2011, 05:57 AM
Adventure
in H O E N N

Diamond, go play a gameboy game xD ;p No, RPs should let the players act much more vividly than a video game would. That's one of the main points (if not THE very main point) with RPing, right?

Doctor Who, would you rather create a new journey-novelRP, or join one someone else created?

Actually, the first RPs I joined were journey-novelRP ones. There, you don't have to interact with others right away and I found it easier to simply train my writing skills like that + make a joint post now and then.

¤
Old February 1st, 2011, 06:06 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Diamond, go play a gameboy game xD ;p No, RPs should let the players act much more vividly than a video game would. That's one of the main points (if not THE very main point) with RPing, right?
But I'm already playing my Emerald which I restarted and my Diamond while I'm not online at home. I must have something to write!!!! *craves for writing* Before I start using my hands to kill myself instead of typing or writing stories!! Ahh!!!! *cuts self* What did I just do? Oh well, who cares. X-)

But yeah, on a serious note, RPs are much better than video games as the player uses his imagination unlike in the game, it's just like this "A wild Suicune appeared! Go, (Pokemon's name)!" whereas in RPs, it's usually like this "I stepped forward in the direction of the rustling patch of knee-high grass. I felt the wind change direction to the north and a chilly breeze soothed the surroundings around me.
From my gaze on the ground, I looked up and saw the magnificent beast standing before me. Its presence calmed the waters, the wind traveled around it in a playful manner. The pale crystal blue eyes gazed at me, seeming to know something. Something hidden and innate, or was it an understanding?
I prepared to release my lead Pokemon to engage in the spectacular battle that was about to ensue and hopefully capture it with friendship and not just the mere enclosure of a sphere..." Oops, I got carried away, but that's what I mean. XD

Old February 1st, 2011, 06:30 AM
Adventure
in H O E N N

Well, Diamond. Why not try to create an RP yourself? I find it stimulating to just imagine, think and then and write up a new thread, all the backgrounds and stories and rules and SU and all... even if I'm not posting it ^^ That's how I did with the CAPTURE RP *blush*

If you create a new thread without posting it, you can then copypaste the content to your personal notepad in the User CP on PC and then pick it up now and then to change something you've been thinking about. Eventually, maybe one of the RPs you've signed up for will die and you find yourself with more time on your hands again. Then you have a complete, refined RP set up to post right away :)

¤
Old February 1st, 2011, 06:59 AM
Doctor Who
Saving the earth with a bowtie

Either I suppose. I've really been in need of a good roleplay fix, and especially hosting my roleplay made me want it even more. But I also love hosting one and reading the posts marvelling at the creativity of my players, that's a really nice feeling (:

Diamond, if you need help creating or managing a roleplay don't be afraid to ask, there's tons of helpful people around here. Everyone's had to start somewhere. If it's a journey roleplay then I'd be more than happy to help, I've made my fair share of those (:
Old February 1st, 2011, 04:01 PM
Adventure
in H O E N N

MMmmroaarghw. I'm itching. To make another RP *shot'd*

Actually I've got time. I'm lurking around here too much when I could be doing other stuff. That will change *writes promise down*

And that means I can create a Journey RP. It will be a Kanto one. Why? Because although I'd LOVE to set a journey RP in Sinnoh, I don't know that region at all... I haven't played D/P/P. T____T Kanto, we all know and are bored of. I'll put in some nifty rules and even speed up the start by doing one radical thing nobody seem to have thought of before..... xD

But don't worry, it won't be a novelpostRP. I think :/ If not the players turn it into one *dies*

¤
Old February 1st, 2011, 06:41 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

^^^Sweet Signature^^^ = SPAMZ!!!

Sorry. it really is, I've got two pokemon RP ideas one which I have been dweeling on the idea of since spring break and the other I thought of yesterday, I'll just give the titles because I have to go watch T.V.... that sounded bad. My shows on. Anyhow

Pokemecha: Pokemon mecha suits, kind of like Gundam+Pokemon.
-and-
Marked: this would be a series about a pokemon war and these "peacemakers" related to legendaries. Sweet Vagueness right guys.

Dwell on this. Ill be lurking all day tomorrow so ill right one of them based on what erybody thinks. or if anyone likes the ideas
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:06 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

@Doctor Who: Thanks, I''ll keep that in mind, as a matter of fact, I'm in the process of planning out my Journey RP. I'm thinking of city names, descriptions and I've already done the part for starters.

@RHCP(Mind if I call you that, it's quite long to type the whole thing >.<): I can help with Sinnoh, I play Diamond and completed the whole game long time ago. I've also done Kanto, but I don't like that region as it's quite a bore. The cities in Kanto are smaller than other regions' and the legendaries are quite rigid in character.

@pokemongarnet: Cool, I like those names. They tempt me to want to join! *beheaded for guilt* My PMD RP is titled "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Land and the Sea." That's all Imma give out.

I've an idea for my next RP chracter. It's either gonna be a mentally troubled boy, like the one in Sixth Sense but more personality tweaks, or an 'emo' zombie-like girl, like Kanna from Inuyasha. Mist likely I'll choose to be a girl for the 1st time, as I'm bored of always being a male.

Old February 1st, 2011, 10:11 PM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

Hello all, I've decided to get back into the RP world!

Submitted something called Pokemon Reality, where in 2112 Pokemon have destroyed the world, so you're selected along with 8 other people to go back to 2111 before the disaster strikes.

Not giving away much, just wanted to know if it sounded interesting.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here