The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 581 69.58%
Alright! 130 15.57%
Average 58 6.95%
Awful.. 16 1.92%
Abomination.... 50 5.99%
Voters: 835. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2011, 08:54 PM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

Advertise here
so you swap teams that sucks in a way. it would be better if you could switch individual pokemon between teams

Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures
Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures 2
Old January 23rd, 2011, 04:37 AM
Rassalon
Epic One

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rassalon Send a message via Yahoo to Rassalon
After playing NG+ for a while i noted that none of the trainers on routes and caves are reset thus making it a little bit difficult.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:03 AM
Omn
Moogle King

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassalon View Post
After playing NG+ for a while i noted that none of the trainers on routes and caves are reset thus making it a little bit difficult.
I mentioned that a while ago when new game plus came out and then when i tried it again

Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
DForte
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
not sure if you still want this info, but i just did a second run through of the demo and the pokemon that I have used the most are at the following levels:

Eeveeon: 33
Charmeleon: 30
Croconaw: 29
Gravelar: 30
Hauntar: 25

Total Play Time: 4 hrs 25 min

Also, I just ran into a weird glitch....it didnt happen on my first file tho. After the demo finishes and you get back to Amplus City Train Station, as soon as I got off the train, My map pops up and I cannot leave that screen, I can control the character on the map.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
Albo-One
Beginning Trainer

wow cool game, but its lagging very much.
whats the reason?
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:25 AM
OtherAlias
Just another alias.

Nature: Calm
I found a small little error; when my Golbat evolved into a Crobat its name remained "Golbat". I haven't used nametag or nicknamed my Zubat/Golbat either.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 11:10 AM
DForte
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo-One View Post
whats the reason?
You probably downloaded version 0.4. If I assume correctly, you went to the first page and clicked either the megaupload link or mediafire link. If you go to DarkDoom's signature and click "Version 0.5 is OUT!" that will take you to the correct link.

DarkDoom, you may want to correct that so no one else makes this mistake.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:42 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DForte View Post
More Trainers......YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Trainer Rank.... o.O .....I am intrigued by this lol

Edit: Cool Banner Mew_Nani

Also, I dont know if this is a glitch, but I have noticed that when I use an attack with one pokemon, sometimes the attack doesn't happen until I use an attack with another pokemon....like I said, not sure if it's a glitch, but I just don't remember that happening in previous versions
That usually happens when another pokemon is attacking/about to attack when you select your attack, it delays your attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phosphate5 View Post
Looks awesome! Downloading now.
Hope ya like it :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
so you swap teams that sucks in a way. it would be better if you could switch individual pokemon between teams
Well, true. but doing that will be too much of a hassel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassalon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn View Post
I mentioned that a while ago when new game plus came out and then when i tried it again
Yeah, I had a short release schedule, so I didn't have time to reset trainers. They will be getting reset in v0.6's NG+

Quote:
not sure if you still want this info, but i just did a second run through of the demo and the pokemon that I have used the most are at the following levels:

Eeveeon: 33
Charmeleon: 30
Croconaw: 29
Gravelar: 30
Hauntar: 25

Total Play Time: 4 hrs 25 min

Also, I just ran into a weird glitch....it didnt happen on my first file tho. After the demo finishes and you get back to Amplus City Train Station, as soon as I got off the train, My map pops up and I cannot leave that screen, I can control the character on the map.
Your levels were pretty similar to mine.

The glitch, it doesn't have anything to do with NG+ from what I can tell. but rather, pressing multiple hotkeys while an event is going on.
It's fixed now. (*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo-One
whats the reason?
Sorry about that, I hadn't updated the original post, you downloaded the laggy v0.4, The newest version v0.5 eliminates the lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherAlias View Post
I found a small little error; when my Golbat evolved into a Crobat its name remained "Golbat". I haven't used nametag or nicknamed my Zubat/Golbat either.
someone mentioned it before, fixed.

Quote:
You probably downloaded version 0.4. If I assume correctly, you went to the first page and clicked either the megaupload link or mediafire link. If you go to DarkDoom's signature and click "Version 0.5 is OUT!" that will take you to the correct link.

DarkDoom, you may want to correct that so no one else makes this mistake.
fixed that now.

-----------

Trainer Rank

Trainer rank is your trainer level. It is directly connected to trophies.

Trophies are given for doing stuff ingame.
Catcing pokemon, getting badges, defeating AIs, doing sidequests.

Now, starting v0.6, you will obtain a trainer rank. which is determined by your trophy points[ iron trophies give 1 point,
while gold gives 81 ](there will only be 3-4 gold trophies. 1 for catching all 201 Pokémon. Another for finishing the game etc.)

in v0.5, after beating enemy trainers, you get bonus EXP and money. It's normally 500exp and 50$. Now it will be a fluculating rate. all determined by your Trainer rank. So someone who does lots of sidequests, and catches pokemon, will have a big trainer rank, thus banking lots of bonus EXP and $ after defeating trainers.
(bonus EXP = points * 50 and bonus$ = points * 2

Your rank is level based, meaning it will be easy to gain ranks at first, but will require more and more points as you get higher ranks.

Bonus EXP is also given to any pokemon in the reserve team. And trainer rank transfers across NG+ allowing easier leveling up.
Rare candies will also be effected by trainer ranks, you don't get given levels, rather EXP. Rare Candy EXP = points * 50 (but rare candies will be more common than the games)

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; January 23rd, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old January 24th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

nice, so the more things i do the more exp lucky i run around doing pointless things. oh and will trophies carry over to ng+ cause that might cause problems. because you could get way to much exp at the start of the game and level way to easy

Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures
Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures 2
Old January 24th, 2011, 03:48 PM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

Nature: Brave
Woo-hoo, progress update!
So that's how Trainer Rank is implemented...
Wow, you actually made it useful! (I think a similar system is implemented in normal Pokemon Games utilizing the trainer card (the card changes color depending on how many accomplishments you've made) but that was just for show. Now it actually has a purpose. Yay!)
I think it's a great idea. And the addition of more Rare Candies... that's useful too. You could catch more corrupted Pokemon that way.

I still have a question, though, conscerning the reserve team mechanic.
How would that work if one of your Pokemon fainted in battle? Would you get the option to switch one reserve Pokemon in to replace it, or would that option be inaccesible? And... what would happen if all of your Pokemon were defeated? Would you still lose, or would your reserve team be called in? (I like the idea of a reserve team, but the inability to switch Pokemon individually instead of switching the whole group is a bit of a dissappointment, since in all official games you had the ability to switch individuals out. It adds a new element of strategy, but... I guess the ability to switch individual Pokemon in other games has spoiled me. :D)

On a different note... Thanks for the comment DForte. It's not the best banner ever made, but... I tried. Thanks!

(press SPACE to continue.)
I support

By DarkDoom3000.
-The Vending Machine (Click me please!)-
-Let's Play/Torture/Screw Around With: Pokémon Red Version!
Old January 24th, 2011, 04:29 PM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Just wondering, why the specific symbols for the ranks?

Anyway, I can't play for awhile
(But, if you look over the guy who gives you the ManMan's text, I bet you can find at least 3-4 mistakes...)

@Mew_Nani:
Whoa, you just inspired me to make a banner

EDIT: Ok, I lied. But I DID make it into the dimensions of the titlescreen. And halfway through, I realized that it can only have 8 colors. Oh well, too late. I finished it, though. (Attached.)
Attached Thumbnails
Title.PNG‎  

Last edited by BCKC; January 24th, 2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old January 24th, 2011, 04:55 PM
zealot
The King of Fail

I've only been playing this for a short while, but man is this fantastic! One small thing though: is it possible to change the names of the items, like from Phoenix Down to Revive? It gets me confused between pokemon and final fantasy.

Old January 24th, 2011, 05:01 PM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

@Above: Nope. It is supposed to be a cross between those two games, however

This game is pretty awesome. Keep it up :D
Old January 24th, 2011, 08:27 PM
DarkDoom3000

Replies

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
nice, so the more things i do the more exp lucky i run around doing pointless things. oh and will trophies carry over to ng+ cause that might cause problems. because you could get way to much exp at the start of the game and level way to easy
Yeah, trophies do carry over, the EXP gain won't be super huge that you'll obtain 20 levels after one trainer or anything like that. It makes leveling in NG+ easier, but not redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew_nani View Post
Woo-hoo, progress update!
So that's how Trainer Rank is implemented...
Wow, you actually made it useful! (I think a similar system is implemented in normal Pokemon Games utilizing the trainer card (the card changes color depending on how many accomplishments you've made) but that was just for show. Now it actually has a purpose. Yay!)
I think it's a great idea. And the addition of more Rare Candies... that's useful too. You could catch more corrupted Pokemon that way.

I still have a question, though, conscerning the reserve team mechanic.
How would that work if one of your Pokemon fainted in battle? Would you get the option to switch one reserve Pokemon in to replace it, or would that option be inaccesible? And... what would happen if all of your Pokemon were defeated? Would you still lose, or would your reserve team be called in? (I like the idea of a reserve team, but the inability to switch Pokemon individually instead of switching the whole group is a bit of a dissappointment, since in all official games you had the ability to switch individuals out. It adds a new element of strategy, but... I guess the ability to switch individual Pokemon in other games has spoiled me. :D)

On a different note... Thanks for the comment DForte. It's not the best banner ever made, but... I tried. Thanks!
With over 200 pokemon, I'm gonna have to add a lot more rare candies XD

The reserve, inactive team has no effect inbattle. They can only shift over out of battle. I mainly added to help train multiple pokemon, (have my training team for grinding, then shifing over to my main super team for boss battles and stuff)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKC View Post
Just wondering, why the specific symbols for the ranks?

Anyway, I can't play for awhile :(
(But, if you look over the guy who gives you the ManMan's text, I bet you can find at least 3-4 mistakes...)

@Mew_Nani:
Whoa, you just inspired me to make a banner ;)

EDIT: Ok, I lied. But I DID make it into the dimensions of the titlescreen. And halfway through, I realized that it can only have 8 colors. Oh well, too late. I finished it, though. (Attached.)
The symbols were inspired by military online shooters (MAG, COD, etc) where you get symbols for each level. It's more nicer than just having a number.

All SPEE graphics have a 256 colour limit, I ususally just keep it minimalistic to look like the G/S/C games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zealot View Post
I've only been playing this for a short while, but man is this fantastic! One small thing though: is it possible to change the names of the items, like from Phoenix Down to Revive? It gets me confused between pokemon and final fantasy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKC View Post
@Above: Nope. It is supposed to be a cross between those two games, however :P

This game is pretty awesome. Keep it up :D
Most items are named after final fantasy items.

I've contunued rebuilding the rainbow tower, it's now only 1 minigame short of being at the previous state (whack a mole).

---
Quiz Zone
I'm gonna be starting development on it soon, and I'll be needing to make a lot of quizes...
So It's your guys time to contribute. (well, more contributing for some of you)

Submit your own quizzes.
It can be about ANYTHING. Pokemon, Digimon, Quantium Mechanics, The economy. Anything.

I need 10 Questions,
Each round must fit a textbox, Theres 4 lines, each line being 50 characters long.

So theres 2 options.
1 line of question, 3 choices
Quote:
Question: BLAH (try keeping it 50 characters long
-Answer, Choice, Choice
or

2 lines of the question, 2 choices
Quote:
Question BLAH (2 lines, 100 characters)
-Answer, Choice (can be done yes/no)
---

Your name will be credited when choosing the quiz, and in the endgame credits.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; January 24th, 2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old January 24th, 2011, 08:55 PM
zealot
The King of Fail

Alright lol. Still though, this game is quite amazing.

Old January 25th, 2011, 07:06 AM
DForte
Trainer

Ill be working on some questions over the next couple of days and Ill pm them to you. As a heads up, I will try to stick to Digimon, DBZ (DB & GT as well), and Pokemon. Just the shows, none of the games. As for Digimon I will be sticking with the first 2 seasons and Pokemon I will try to stick to Kanto, Orange Islands and Johto.

Edit: For the characters, do you want 50 characters or less, or about 50 characters?
Old January 25th, 2011, 09:34 AM
ShadowDragon3812
Beginning Trainer

Glitch I ran into:

In Amplus city, while using night mode (still in gen 2) the train tracks become invisible and non passthrough.

Old January 25th, 2011, 01:36 PM
OtherAlias
Just another alias.

^ similar bug in the desert city(Khabula?), I was using old mode and the tracks were solid and I couldn't pass through them. I couldn't get to the pokemon centre D:
Old January 25th, 2011, 06:31 PM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

Oh, ok then. (note to self, put Butterfree in main team, stick Blissey in reserve...)
And as for quiz questions... ....Hold on a minute, I'll come up with something.... ....
....wait for it... ... AHA! I got it! (it'll probably suck, but here goes!)

Ya think you're a Pokemon Master, eh? OK then. Is
Sacred Power's base power stat 50 in Pkmn Firered?
Yeah, it's 50.
No, it's 100.
Answer: It's 100. Ho-Oh's not that weak.

....Voila! The suckiest trivia question ever written! (good luck making one worse than this one. :D I probably got the format wrong though... I'm sorry about that, I'm not very good at reading formats...)

I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old January 25th, 2011, 07:33 PM
DarkDoom3000

Spoiler:
Quote:
Ill be working on some questions over the next couple of days and Ill pm them to you. As a heads up, I will try to stick to Digimon, DBZ (DB & GT as well), and Pokemon. Just the shows, none of the games. As for Digimon I will be sticking with the first 2 seasons and Pokemon I will try to stick to Kanto, Orange Islands and Johto.

Edit: For the characters, do you want 50 characters or less, or about 50 characters?
cool, the question have to be 50 characters or less, but you can have a long discription of the question, then have the 50char shortened question.

EG: long discription (which shows up first):
Geovanni is the leader of team rocket and the viridian city gym leader in the official games.

question
What type pokemon does giovanni use? (36 char)
-Rock
-Ground
-Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDragon3812 View Post
Glitch I ran into:

In Amplus city, while using night mode (still in gen 2) the train tracks become invisible and non passthrough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherAlias View Post
^ similar bug in the desert city(Khabula?), I was using old mode and the tracks were solid and I couldn't pass through them. I couldn't get to the pokemon centre D:
both bugs were fixed, the train tracks work normally in normal mode, so switch to that if you wanna get past them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zealot View Post
Alright lol. Still though, this game is quite amazing.
thanks ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew_nani View Post
Oh, ok then. (note to self, put Butterfree in main team, stick Blissey in reserve...)
And as for quiz questions... ....Hold on a minute, I'll come up with something.... ....
....wait for it... ... AHA! I got it! (it'll probably suck, but here goes!)

Ya think you're a Pokemon Master, eh? OK then. Is
Sacred Power's base power stat 50 in Pkmn Firered?
Yeah, it's 50.
No, it's 100.
Answer: It's 100. Ho-Oh's not that weak.

....Voila! The suckiest trivia question ever written! (good luck making one worse than this one. :D I probably got the format wrong though... I'm sorry about that, I'm not very good at reading formats...)
umm.,... no comment XD.

Also, the questions would need to be in sets of 10. so you get 1 point per question then a double point bonus for getting all them correct.
--

The reason I need them in format, is because SPEE (well, rm2k3) can only display 4 lines of text at a time.

So if you have 3 answers, your question can only be one (50 char) line long. or else the question will be displayed, but you'll have to press enter for the questions to appear in a new text box, which would replace the question text box. so people won't see the question anymore.

Heres some templates.

You can write a discription as long as you want, as something to set up your question.

EG: (First box)
Quote:
In the official games, as of Generation V, how much possible evolutions does eevee have?
(second box)
Quote:
How many official evolutions does eevee have? (45 char)
-7 (answer)
Old January 26th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Evilade

This must have been mentioned before, but just incase - when Necro tells you about New Game+, the image of the character speaking is that of the character you play as. So it looks like you are Necro XD.

Edit: very minor error, it should be 'Hwoarang', if those are indeed Tekken references :3

Last edited by Evilade; January 26th, 2011 at 09:26 AM. Reason: RAWR
Old January 26th, 2011, 01:40 PM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

Oh, ok then! Thanks for the template! ... I'll post another one then.... ....

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Time
and Explorers of Darkness, you could obtain 491 of
the total 493 Pokemon available in Platinum.

Now can you tell me one of the missing Pokemon?
a. Breloom
b. Shaymin (answer)
c. Mewtwo

P.S. I am truely sorry for forgetting to post this, but... The game runs on my laptop without a problem. (even unplugged! Version .4 lagged quite a bit when my laptop was unplugged.) I haven't tried it on my ancient desktop though... Don't feel too bad if it don't run on that old thing. It has trouble running Pokemon Yellow at 100% speed. (I might try to run it there, but... I don't think it could run SPEE at 50% speed. :\)

@BKCK: Nice job! It looks great!

I support

By DarkDoom3000.

Last edited by mew_nani; January 30th, 2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old January 26th, 2011, 10:56 PM
ShadowDragon3812
Beginning Trainer

Why...
-is my Hitmontop showing as a Golbat in battle?
-is almost every cave up to Morty refered to as resta cave?

Old January 27th, 2011, 07:50 AM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

@above: Simple. Glitches.

And yeah, DarkDoom, even though the left side of Brevis Town leads to Mt Sitor, the right side leads to Resta Cave

EDIT: If you fish at a fishing spot while on a bike, after the battle/message, you start walking really fast as if you were on a bike until you "dismount" or move to another map. Simple sprite problem. (If you don't get it, see attached pics. Don't mind the graphic changes, I'm not on my reg comp... REALLY sorry, DarkDoom, for editing the sprites in the first place )

Oh, at while I'm here,

"No Bites"
Not even a nibble...

"Theres something on the line!"
There's something on the line!

EDIT2: Also, you can't run from fished pokemon
Attached Thumbnails
G1.PNG‎   G2.PNG‎   G3.PNG‎  

Last edited by BCKC; January 28th, 2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old January 29th, 2011, 03:59 AM
thedrakgible
Friging ninja

i completed beta version it was awesome and i like the battle style
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here