• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Username Letter Challenge.

Years
sorry. iz not leaving challenge.
UPDATE!
*gets pokemon Pearl*
FINALLY got to Veilstone City. Stupid Double Battle.
Defeated Maylene
Defeated Team Galactic
Looked for Noctowl, only to realise my DS time was wrong.
Went to Hearthome City
Went to Route 212
Got to Pasta (Pastoria) City, went to Gym.

WILL DO NEW POST IN LIKE, 10 MINUTES!

TEAM:
Monferno (Flame) lv. 35
Rock Smash
Feint
Flame Wheel
Fury Swipes

Luxio (Sparky) lv.24
Spark
Leer
Charge
Bite

Shellos (Sludge) Lv. 15
Mud Slap
Mud Bomb
Harden
Water Pulse

Meditite (Maddy) Lv. 17
Hidden Power
Meditate
Confusion
Detect

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2011
Emerald Challenge update 1
-Started game with male player:ghostly
-Picked treeko for starter for HM slave and to give May a weakness to three of my final pokemon
-Defeated May
-Hacked Cyndaquill(Magma cary),Lapras(Nessie), Snorlax(Panda) and Omanyte(Blue Snail) in to the game
-Met Wally and went through the catching tutorial
-Met Scott
-Made it to Rustboro
-Defeated Roxanne with mainly Lapras
-Received HM01 and taught it to Treeko
-Retrieved the Devon goods and met the president
-Received letter and pokenav
-Went to Dewford
-Received Old rod
-Caught Magikarp(Flyin Fish)
-Delivered letter to Steven and received HM05 and taught it to Treeko
-Returned to Rustboro
-Received Exp. Share
-Lost to Brawly
-Grinded on Slateport beach and the Lake house
-Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava
-Defeated Brawly with Nessie's sing and other attacks
-Went back to Slateport and foiled Team Aqua's plans
-Met up with Professor Birch near the Cycling road
-Defeated round one of the Trick House
-Cleaned out all trainers on route 103
-Took out May
-Cleaned up the rest of the trainers on my way to Mauville
-Defeated Wally with Blue Snail's Bite
-Beat Mauville gym trainers
-Grinded on trainers near Mauville
-Beat Watson with Belly drum/Headbutt combo from Snorlax
TEAM:
-Panda(snorlax) lvl.21
Headbutt
Amnesia
Defense Curl
Belly Drum
-Magma Cary(Quilava) lvl.20
Tackle
Leer
Smokescreen
Ember
-Blue Snail(Omanyte) lvl.18
Constrict
Rollout
Rock Tomb
Bite
-Nessie(Lapras) lvl.17
Water Gun
Body Slam
Sing
Mist
-Flyin Fish(Magikarp) lvl.19
Splash
Tackle
None
None
HM Slaves
Slave(Treeko)
Flash
Cut
Rock Smash
Pound

Sorry for the long update, but I haven't had much of a chance online

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2012
Update #1 (wihout any images or links cuz I dont have 15 posts yet):
- Choose Mudkip as Starter pokemon, will have a nice life as a HM slave.
- Caught Mawile, Voltorb, Anorith, Cacnea and Bagon in Route 101 so I can play with my team from up the scratch.
- Caught Wingull on route 104 and got my team up to lvl7 there, I can start now :).
- Defeated Team Aqua Grunt easily with Bagon.
- Preparing Cacnea for the first gym, learning him Bullet Seed from the TM I got.

First Gym Battle:
Spoiler:

- Caught a Zigzagoon as a HM slave and learnt it Cut right away.
- Obtained the Devon Goods and saved Peeko.
- Off to Dewford
- Need to do some grinding; my team doesnt like fighting types and is pretty low leveled compared to Brawly's pokémon. I will have to rely on Wingull.

Second Gym Battle:
Spoiler:

Current Team:
Cacnea - Lvl 15: Does what grass-types does + Leech Seed gives him an extra dimension.
Wingull - Lvl 14: Water Gun, Supersonic and Wing Attack is a nice moveset at lvl 14, definitely one of the champs here so far.
Anorith - Lvl 13: Tank, good defense and offence, too bad his offensive options are limited to only Scratch so far
Voltorb - Lvl 12: Weak link, hoping that Sonicboom at lvl15 changes that.
Mawile - Lvl 12: Hasnt proven to be of much use so far, but then again her moveset isnt that great at low level, taught her Rock Tomb to compensate a bit, but I guess I'll just have to wait till higher levels.
Bagon - Lvl 12: He does pretty good but he doesnt have the extra drift yet to help me through hard battles.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for Ultimate Username Challenge.

Ruby Update #4.

I am now at the start of Victory Road.

ultusermaxie.png

Took a couple tries, I was underleveled, and Crobat is a pain.

ultuserwallace.png

Took a couple tries. Tropius is useless here (Ice Beam = OHKO).

Edgar finally evolved into Exploud at L40 as well.
Also had to teach some HM moves for Victory Road that I will forget later and use some Heart Scales and TMs.

Team Jaskil:
Spr_3r_385.png

Jimmy the Calm Jirachi - L40
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Future Sight, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Rest
Spr_3r_356.png

Dustin the Quiet Dusclops, ♀ - L40
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Shadow Ball, Pursuit, Confuse Ray, Will-O-Wisp
Spr_3r_357.png

Tricia the Lonely Tropius, ♀ - L41 @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Body Slam, Fly, Solarbeam, Flash
Spr_3r_297.png

Hank the Lax Hariyama, ♂ - L41 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Guts
Moves: Strength, Vital Throw, Rock Smash, Earthquake
Spr_3r_295.png

Edgar the Careful Exploud, ♂ - L46 (boxed for Diver)
Ability: Soundproof
Moves: Return, Ice Beam, Strength, Shock Wave
Spr_3r_257.png

Blaze the Adamant Blaziken, ♂ - L40
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Blaze Kick, Bulk Up, Brick Break, Overheat
HM Slaves: Zigzagoon with Cut, Rock Smash and Surf (boxed), Seedot with Flash (boxed), and Diver (Tentacool) with Surf, Dive, and Waterfall.
Spr_3r_263.png
Spr_3r_273.png
Spr_3r_072.png

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
Super update
-Saw Art talk to Gettish
-Faced the gym trainers
=Swept Arty with Darkkuma
-Defeated Cheren and belle
-Got to Raimon city
-Faced the old man from Team Plasma
-Met Casmine
-Trained Jesus and Abi
Next N and the 4th gum
Team Futa: 27
Durrmkka:27
Jesus 24
Everyone else: 25

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
Years
Platinum Team M.Y.S.T.I.C Update #2
-After destroying Team Galactic I battle some random trainers up to Floroma Town
-Kicked around some more Galactic grunts and beat Commander Mars
-Worked my way up to Eterna Forest and teamed up with Cheryl to get through it
-Did most of the battling on my own for the sake of time and got through the Eterna Forest with Cheryl pretty easily
-Crossed the Magikarp bridge of death and made it to Eterna City
-After talking with Barry for a bit I went to go challenge the gym leader of Eterna City, Gardenia
-Monferno helps me get an easy win and badge #2 as he sweeps through Gardenias team without much of a problem(except Turtwig's Reflect)
-While on Cycling Road Zubat evolves into Golbat
-Got off Cycling Road and battled all of the trainers before getting to Mt.Cornet
-Traded myself a low level Milotic from my Pearl version which covers the "M" in this challenge
-Got to Hearthome City and after coming in 1st place with Milotic in the beauty contest, I went to go challenge the Hearthome gym
-Had a tough battle with the leader Fantina but thanks to Golbat's Bite attack we managed to defeat Mismagius and get another step closer to eight badges
-Traveled into Solaceon Town where I am currently exploring the ruins there

Evolutions in this Part:
Spoiler:

Team at this point:
Spoiler:

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Years
I guess I can do this for Blue, since nobody's using a really old game now.

Team:
G Gyrados
Gyrados.jpg

H Haunter
Haunter.gif

O Onix
Onix.png

S Snorlax
snorlax.jpg

T Tentacruel
Tentacruel.png

I Ivysaur
Ivysaur.png

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Might give this a bash on R/S/E.

T - Torkoal.
U - (there is no u in hoenn).
R - Rhydon/Roselia.
K - Kecleon.
I - Ilumise.
S - Swampert.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Years
Can I post updates yet? I'm not on the list yet, but I already started my challenge...

I'll go ahead and post just in case:
I got Bulbasaur.
I beat my rival's head in.
I beat all the trainers in Viridian Forest.
I beat Brock's head in.
I beat all the trainers leading up to the Pokemon Center, then I bought Magikarp for 500 before heading into Mt. Moon cave.
I went inside, had a heck of a time actually beating it. Seriously, it was very hard with just Magikarp and Ivysaur! Now I know why this is a challenge! XD
So, I had to use Escape Rope once so that I could buy some potions and finish that part.
Bulbasaur evolved into Ivysaur while I was going through.
I beat all the trainers available before going to challenge Misty (Including nugget bridge and trainer's leading up to Bill). I beat her too, and by then my Magikarp was at about level 18.
I beat all the trainers before Vermillion, and the ones on that little route to the right. Magikarp finally evolved into Gyrados.
Now I'm going to beat S.S. Anne and get Cut. I caught Diglett to teach Cut to once I get it.
Party Pokemon so far:
Plantosaur (Ivysaur): Lv. 26
Knows: Tackle, PoisonPowder, Leech Seed, and Vine Whip

Gyakasatsu (Gyrados): Lv. 24
Knows: Splash, Tackle, Bite, Bubblebeam

Phew, this is pretty fun!

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2012
Update #2:

- Caught a Nincade to be used as a Flash slave.
- Delivered the letter to Steven, taught Wingull Steel Wing.
- Off to Slateport.
- Settled things with Team Aqua at the Oceanic museum.

Rival fight:
Spoiler:

- Arrived at Mauville City.
- Easily took care of Wally with Anorith.
- Time to do some grinding before taking on the 3rd gym.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Years
Okayyy...I beat S.S. Anne. My rival (MIKE) was really easy to beat because I was way overlevelled.
I then got CUT and beat Lt. Surge's gym with Gyrados and Ivysaur.
I had to catch a Bellsprout to teach CUT to because Diglett can't learn it in this game. I caught Drowzee because Sprout can't learn Flash in this game.
Got Flash.
Then I got the Bike Voucher and got my bike. I rode over to Rock Tunnel, skipping as many trainers as I could along the way (I wanted to save them for Onix)
Went to the second floor, caught Onix (named IWARK) with a Great Ball. (S.S. Anne trash can!)
Went and battled trainers I skipped.
Now I've got this in my party:
Onix Lv. 22
Knows: Tackle, Screech, Bind, Rock Throw
Gyrados: Lv. 30
Knows: Dragon Rage, Tackle, Bite, Bubblebeam
Ivysaur: Lv. 30
Knows: Tackle, Poison Powder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf

On to finish Rock Tunnel! I'm gettin' close to Haunter and Snorlax! <3

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Ruby Update #5.

Beat Victory Road and Wally. All that's left is to EV train and grind my team up so we can face the Elite Four.

ultuserwally.png

Elite Four, here we come!

Team Jaskil:
Spr_3r_385.png

Jimmy the Calm Jirachi - L44 @ Magnet
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Future Sight, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Rest
Spr_3r_356.png

Dustin the Quiet Dusclops, ♀ - L44
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Shadow Ball, Pursuit, Confuse Ray, Will-O-Wisp
Spr_3r_357.png

Tricia the Lonely Tropius, ♀ - L44 @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Body Slam, Fly, Solarbeam, Flash
Spr_3r_297.png

Hank the Lax Hariyama, ♂ - L44 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Guts
Moves: Strength, Vital Throw, Rock Smash, Earthquake
Spr_3r_295.png

Edgar the Careful Exploud, ♂ - L46
Ability: Soundproof
Moves: Return, Ice Beam, Strength, Shock Wave
Spr_3r_257.png

Blaze the Adamant Blaziken, ♂ - L44
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Blaze Kick, Bulk Up, Brick Break, Overheat

HM Slaves: Zigzagoon with Cut, Rock Smash and Surf (boxed), Seedot with Flash (boxed), and Diver (Tentacool) with Surf, Dive, and Waterfall (boxed).
Spr_3r_263.png
Spr_3r_273.png
Spr_3r_072.png

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Update 2, Day 6

I, N, E, F, F, A

A lot has happened since my last update, so sorry for the delay. Anyway, where I left off last time I was approaching Eterna City. I was really in quite a hurry to learn how to use Cut (I left unwatered berry trees and a honey tree behind in Floaroma and I didn't want to go through the forest to return), so I went at Gardenia in a hurry. It wasn't as easy as you might expect considering I had a Chimchar, because Smok (Trapinch) and Jackie (Nincada) were way behind and I needed to give them a try.
I swept through Eterna in a hurry without enjoying it as much as I could have, but oh well. xD I murdered Team Galactic and everyone on the cycling road without event and continued on to Hearthome City.
I had been waiting for Hearthome City because that's the place for an Eevee. I hurried to Bebe's house and got one. He was a male and I named him "Melavelta♪". After that I did everything I could to train Melavelta while avoiding Fantina like the plague (I don't like her xD). Eventually though I faced her, and smok had to take care of it almost singlehandedly since he has a Dark-type move (Bite) and was almost the only one with something that could hit a Ghost-type. It took me a few tries but it wasn't the hardest thing I've ever done~
After that I headed to Solaceon Town, in a huge hurry to evolve my Eevee (I made myself a promise to have Espeon before I faced Maylene) and to evolve smok because I am so impatient with Pokémon that evolve past level 30. xD On the way to Solaceon Town, before the second bridge, Jackie evolved into a swift, powerful Ninjask that has never failed to make me proud. He learned Double Team and Mind Reader at the same time.
After exploring the Solaceon Ruins and finding HM05 (Defog) and a Mind Plate, and subsequently exploring Lost Tower to train Smok and Melavelta, I had a potently long and boring trek to Veilstone City, picking up berries all along the way, and collecting the Fist Plate and Flame Plate. It was in Veilstone City that I first explored, second gave Eevee some Calcium and Carbos (partly for training, partly for happiness), and third levelled him up to 31 and successfully evolved him into an Espeon in one of my biggest Pokémon timecrunches ever. It was 1900, apparently early enough to be considered "day".
A whole lot of gambling I did earlier, although painful, earned me TM29 Psychic, which I promptly taught to my new Espeon.
I walked back into the center of Veilstone City, where I now stand.

I still have not evolved Smok. :c

Current status of my Pokémon:

391.png

'carrão / Monferno
Lv 27
-Mach Punch
-Shadow Claw
-Flame Wheel
-Taunt

Spr_4d_291.png

Jackie / Ninjask
Lv 27
-Return
-Double Team
-Fury Cutter
-Swords Dance

Spr_4p_196.png

Melavelta / Espeon
Lv 31
-Secret Power
-Quick Attack
-Psychic
-Bite

Spr_4d_328.png

~smok~ / Trapinch
Lv 30
-Bite
-Sand-Attack
-Faint Attack
-Sand Tomb

HMs:
Spoiler:

Plates:
Spoiler:

More in a few days~

Last edited:

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
This challenge sounds interesting :)

I'm going to do Pokemon Red with:

C - Charizard
A - Aerodactyl
Z - Zapdos
Z - Zubat
L - Lapras
E - Exeggutor

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
Years
Pokemon Platinum Team M.Y.S.T.I.C Update #3

After finding HM05 Defog in the Solaceon Ruins it was time to head north onto Route 210. But, before I even got to the Route, my egg began to hatch...Togepi was born! With my new team member in hand, I continued up Route 210 trying to get it as much experience as possible. After a day or two of training(I don't remember how long it's been since my last update) Togepi finally caught up in levels with the rest of the team and we were ready to hit Route 215. Finally after wondering for so long when it was going to happen, Golbat evolves into Crobat on Route 215 and I get the "C" team member covered. Got into Veilstone City but immediately went south to Route 214 to do some extra training before I take on the 4th gym. It wasn't long before I looked down and realized that Togepi had evolved into Togetic thanks to the Soothe Bell and a little help from the vitamins. Once I noticed I still had plenty of trainers left on Route 214 I decided to take a break and stop right here.

Evolutions in this part:
Spoiler:

My team at this point:
Spoiler:

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Update 3, Day 7

I, N, E, F, F, A

I finally evolved Smok. :D
This alone would be enough for me to merit its own full update, but seeing as even more has happened, I shall write a full report. Starting out in Veilstone City with Melavelta (Espeon) newly purple and velvety (Smok [Trapinch] not yet evolved at that point), I went up against Maylene. It wasn't as much fun as I had expected since
she only had one Pokémon that was weak to Psychic moves, so I didn't bother having the overlevelled Espeon participate all too much. Oh well, this means I can finally use Fly! :D
. . . Well, just as soon as I find it.
I came across my friend Lucas yelling stop thief at a Team Galactic Grunt who stole his PokéCalculator. What a jerk. ;-; So I teamed up with him to defeat two guys with amazing-coloured hair that I really must try some time, and of course we won. After sending Lucas on his way with his machinery back, I teamed up with my beautiful teammate, Agent Looker, and raided the warehouse for a suspiciously conveniently placed HM02 Fly. Yay! ^^ I taught it to an HM slave (Starly) for until Smok evolves and immediately went to go check on berries and catch a Bibarel as an HM slave (aboot time). I then came up with an idea to evolve Smok quickly, so I headed to the Western entrance of Wayward Cave, because I knew there were two things in particular there: TM26 Earthquake and a Rare Candy. Both for Smok. I explored the place, battling every other Pokémon with Melavelta (Smok holding an EXP. Share). It was tedious thanks to the occurrence of Pokémon encounters every time I was about to run up one of those bike ramps, but I was victorious in the end, and Smok levelled to 33, at which point I gave him two Rare Candies (one just obtained, the other I had had for a while). Finally, evolution. I am now the proud owner of a Vibrava, with a newly hugely expanded moveset. Victory~
After that I was quick to get out of dodge and hop to Pastoria City (uneventful), where I
proceeded to do nothing. I was too busy enjoying the new perks of my Pokémon. :)

Sorry, no new plates or Pokémon in this update. :(

Current status of my Pokémon:

391.png

'carrão / Monferno
Lv 31
-Mach Punch
-Shadow Claw
-Flame Wheel
-Taunt

Spr_4d_291.png

Jackie / Ninjask
Lv 30
-Return
-Double Team
-Aerial Ace
-Swords Dance

Spr_4p_196.png

Melavelta / Espeon
Lv 33
-Psychic
-Flash
-Reflect
-Bite

Spr_4d_329.png

~smok~ / Vibrava
Lv 35
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Dragonbreath
-Fly

HMs:
Spoiler:

Plates:
Spoiler:

Badges:
Spoiler:

Les diré más mañana~

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2012
Update #3 on Sapphire:

After some grinding it was time for the...

3rd Gym Battle:
Spoiler:

- Taught Shock Wave to Wingull
- Got Mach Bike, Rock Smash (taught to Zigzagoon),...
- Beat Winstrates
- Arrived at Fallanbor Town
- Taught Dig to Anorith
- Visited Meteor Falls
- Got Strength

Team:

Anorith: Lv 26
Water Gun
Metal Claw
Dig
Scratch

Nice tank that finally got a decent moveset, I dont think Anorith has ever fainted in this run yet.

Voltorb:Lv 23
Charge
Tackle
Spark
Sonicboom

Sonicboom finally gave it the ability to take out foes, also happy he finally got his first electric move.

Mawile: Lv 24
Rock Tomb
Vicegrip
Fake Tears
Bite

Learning it Rock Tomb helped me to find some attacking purpose for her, but the low PP was a downer, good thing she learnt Vicegrip.

Wingull: Lv 24
Steel Wing
Water Gun
Shock Wave
Wing Attack

Having 4 different type moves really makes it a good contender, too bad he was useless last gym because of 4x weakness. About to evolve too.

Cacnea: Lv 23
Bullet Seed
Leech Seed
Poison Sting
Growth

Disappeared a bit to the background as pretty much everything that is weak to Grass is also weak to something else I got. Leech Seed is nice off course. Needs an extra good move tho.

Bagon: Lv 25
Headbutt
Ember
Bite
Rage

Was so happy he learnt Ember, as it is my only fire option at all for this team at the moment, and helped me out at 3rd Gym.

Team is rocking atm, I dont think I will need to do a lot of grinding anymore.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Alright, finally updated everything. Please tell me if something is needed to be fixed.

Back