• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I hope this works. Also, two more Pokemon on this team and I can GOOOOOOO to the E4. :D Alt the Baibanira and Sydbb the Seed bby. Ice Cream is difficult to raise.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Oh kewl, I made a trend. I still think my thread title and slogan idea is go ;-;

The Ice Cream is pretty hard to use, only Ice and Steel Attacks, not including Hidden Power D:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, it's crazy. It's not even a steel type. :( Mirror Coat is...meh for in-game. And Ice Beam and Flash Cannon only have 10 PP and I've no PP Max with me. Alt the Baibanira is female btw.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's a beautiful case of Nintendo logic. :( Also, Alt's on level 55. 10 more to go, then I have Seed bby...who is on 24. Gunna be a long ride.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
What's Nintendo Logic Fail is that they don't melt during Drought :/

On and Syd remember when you named me after Barujiina the Vulture. It's a Female only Pokemon while I'm a male.

ALL OF MY RAGE

Oh well, Cool Vulture is Cool.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I have actually been thinking of an older project of mine. The Ultimate Cartridge Monotype.
So, the UMC is a challenge in itself. But you've got that Spacebar to do your work. How would an UMC w/o Spacebar sound to you ?
I'm 99% sure this challenge is impossible. I won't even try it.
Psychic types will destroy my Nuzlocke team. I really hope I get to catch a Slowpoke or Staryu in the Seafoam Islands.

The new thread title should be CI&D, where everyone wants to be vaporeon7's Nidorina.
If its a Staryu, it better be named Myrrh. Or Stella/Stellus, because that's what mine is named. But more importantly, Myrrh.
someone said:
Slogan needs to be "We're still working on a better challenge" it's short and sweet.

CI&D, Challenge Ideas and Discussion That's the best title I made so far ;D
That is genius slogan right there. And I always thought it stood for Come in and die (ya know, for the Nuzlocke.)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Come In & Die when you see the ridiculousness that is in this thread. This is why people stay away, lol.

ALSO. I have one more Pokemon on this team, the only NFE Pokemon I'm using (Seed bby obviously) and omg I'm so happy it levels up quickly. ;o;

Years
What's Nintendo Logic Fail is that they don't melt during Drought :/

On and Syd remember when you named me after Barujiina the Vulture. It's a Female only Pokemon while I'm a male.

ALL OF MY RAGE

Oh well, Cool Vulture is Cool.

That just gave me an idea for an ability exclusive to ice types.
Melt: If Sunny Day/Drought is being used, this Pokemon is now the water type.
Problem, Ninetales?

Random Banter aside, I prefer Wargle to Barujina, although I've warmed up to Barujina a bit.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I think that's a nice ability, but it would be a bit of a let down, since most Pokemon who use Sunny Day are Grass-type, to activate Chlorophyll and SolarBeam. :/

Also, why is Fun Cool (Nincada) so hard to train? I mean seriously, it needs the standard amount of experience for a level 15 Pokemon at level 10. D: I guess it will get easier. :)

Years
I think that's a nice ability, but it would be a bit of a let down, since most Pokemon who use Sunny Day are Grass-type, to activate Chlorophyll and SolarBeam. :/

Also, why is Fun Cool (Nincada) so hard to train? I mean seriously, it needs the standard amount of experience for a level 15 Pokemon at level 10. D: I guess it will get easier. :)

Well, things like DroughtTales, and trainers like Flint, that spam Sunny Day with their fire types sort of balance the ability out, so it isn't too broken.
Nincada is quite a task to train, I would say it's rewarding, as you get 2 pokemon for the price of one, but my Nincada died at Level 14.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

Nincada is so hard to train because it only needs 600,000 exp to reach lv100 and Pokemon with that small amount of exp at lv100 need more than others at earlier levels but then after that they level up super quickly.

Years
Nincada is actually really easy to train once it gets Fury Swipes, Compoundeyes gives that move 100% acc which makes getting to level 20 really easy then. Yes, the need of exp is high, but when OHKOing everything it won't be that much of a problem. The first few levels as Ninjask are going to be a pain though, but in the mid-30s it'll get better.

Also, if I am deemed worthy, I want to be a Grass type. Or a Bug that gets a reasonable number of status moves. (totally not hopping on a bandwagon in the last minute here)

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
"CI&D, where the hardest challenge is naming the thread."

Yeah, I got the flu, and I'm starting to feel better. I hope to get back to business soon. :3

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Lol, I like that. The challenge part, and you getting better. Not the you having the flu part. That's not fun.

In other news, I can finally continue my Nuzlocke soon. My lappy is supposed to come back home at the end of this week. Until then, I should really finish up all the challenges that I'm doing on my desktop atm. But I also found an old screenshot of what I think is the first gym worth of my old Catch 'em All challenge. I sort of feel like doing that again. Yeah, I think I will... sigh.

Rules for my catch 'em all challenge (if anyone is interested):

1. Your challenge ends when you complete your Pokedex (caught, not seen) with every Pokemon obtainable. No events required.
2. You must give a different nickname to every Pokemon you catch, and it has to relate to its type (electric types are socket/jolt/zap/etc, water types are current/riptide/etc. you get the point)
3. No using the Missingno Glitch. You have to Ultra Ball Zapdos/Articuno/Moltres if you want to Masterball Mewtwo. Also you have to train legit. No rare Candy Spamming. This is because...
4. You must make a story for it. And the story wouldn't make sense if you said "so i was talking to this man who showed me how to catch yet another Weedle when I decided to fly to Cinnabar island for some reason. I started swimming back and forth and back and forth near the coast when this weird block thing appeared. I ran away from it and my backpack was really heavy. When I looked inside, I saw about 500 Rare Candies. I wonder how they got there..."
5. Its also sorta fun (I think) if you wait until you fight a trainer that has/could have a rare Pokemon before you catch it. Or at least don't catch them before. Like if you're at Cinnabar Island, don't catch Magmar before you fight Blaine. Then in your story, you could say something like, "Blaine seemed interested in my Pokedex and was amazed that I already had so many different kinds of Pokemon. He helped me out by saying 'Hey kid, there's a really rare Pokemon inside the Mansion where you found the Key. You should go search there. I'd also ask the other Gym Leaders, they might be able to help you out.'"

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
This place is way too popular. I can't even read through all the comments. Shame on me. However, in the past, I wanted more pages to read in the CI&D. Yesh. ;_;

I'm actually going for the full 493 in HG. Only one more month till BW (and a whole new Pokemon rage at the school, led by yours truly... muahaha), and I am really impatient.

Anyways, I've got 415 in my HG atm. Currently working on evolving fossils and a Gabite. Mashing A in the League. Yeah. '_'

EDIT : Lol, myrrh, I didn't even read your post ! O:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back