• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

No$GBA Vs. Desmume

No$gba Vs. Desmume

• No$GBA

Votes: 284 45.2%
  • Desmume

Votes: 345 54.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2011
Desmume has a wide variety of play, but lags. Nocash on the other hand usually suffers with pokemon games and doesn't have range. I would choose either depending on the situations.

Years
No$GBA

Well I use No$ for playing all DS Roms, even HGSS (which i use a black screen fix action replay code). It has the correct save output for PokeSavs, Flash memory, editors, hack, etc. It all around a well equipped program and I recommend it.

HOWEVER; Desmume does one thing that No$ can't, which i find SUPER useful. Desmume can take GBA rom saves and insert them into the DS GBA slot (which is at the bottom of the DS), this allows my pokemon from Ruby to be inserted into my Diamond Rom. WAY INPORTANT if you are trying to find how to do this. Otherwise, Desmume is inefficient. It's uncomplete, but it works. Beta version isn't good, but once it's complete I can still lots of potential in it.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
I guess it would depend on the situation. I like No$GBA because it can emulate GBA games faster than Visual Boy Advance on certain computers, but I've found Desmume to work really well also on my laptop. In the end it doesn't matter much, though; my ancient desktop can't run PMD - Explorers of Time using either one. :D

P.S. I downloaded version 9.6.0 yesterday and did a virus scan to make sure. McAfee didn't find anything wrong for me. Maybe you have another version?

Last edited:

Xenesis

Syogun Changer
Years
I wouldn't play games on No$GBA, but it has the most amazing debugger this side of sliced bread.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
No$ is the best + Zoomer,faster speed, less crashing,best gameplay
the only thing I like about DeSMUME is the save states similar to vba

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2016
no$gba or desume and WHY?

Witch is better and why
No$gba or Desmume
Pros and cons please

Well no$gba is pretty good, but some games save on desume and not on no$gba and it doesn't take up the screen, but it does have black around it no$gba doesn't

Years
I use both. Desmume is useful for Mystery Dungeon 3 and the games which were released after it, but everything seems to move so slow when it comes to this emulator. That's why I prefer No$Gba

unkown8o8

Regular Pokemon Fan
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
I would say that Desmume is better because it has advanced through out the years, for example, you can go quicker by using the TAB (default) button, or you can change the TAB button to something else, also you can zoom farther to regular size, this is just my option though.

37h4n

Apprentice Hacker
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
I have used both No$GBA and DeSmuMe in the past. There are no real major differences that I noticed, but No$GBA is a lot faster, so I use that now.

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Desmume wins for me, why? Because I can you the arrow keys in Desmume.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013
WHEN it works, Desmume is stable and reliable, but runs at about ten percent of the speed you'd get from playing the game on the original format.

No$GBA works reliably and quickly, but I've had difficulty with saving and using DS games (keep trying to find a code that works and reliable bases for ROMs without luck isn't something that helps).

Overall, I tend to use VirtualBoyAdvance or No$GBA for GBA games. For vote, No$GBA.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
DeSmuME is only slow if you don't have the best gaming PC and don't configure it. It's about twice as fast as No$GBA for me with FPS limit ON. FPS limit OFF, I can go up to 180fps on 3D models, and up to 450 without.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2011
I always use No$GBA.

Desmume never works for me, no matter what version I try.
No$GBA does crash a bit with my SoulSilver rom, but otherwise, is great.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2011
You're right (:

I'm waiting for B/W to come out so I can buy it for my DS, and I have PMD Red for my GBA and I didn't like it too much, so I didn't try any of the newer PMD games.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2020
I can't choose between Desmume and No$GBA. Both have their advantages.
No$GBA= +Better graphics.
DeSmuME= +compatibility

I haven't managed to get dismume to work with Black or White. And... non of he 'fix' codes work.

I can't choose between Desmume and No$GBA. Both have their advantages.
No$GBA= +Better graphics.
DeSmuME= +compatibility

I haven't managed to get No$GBA to work with Black or White. And... non of he 'fix' codes work.

Last edited:

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
NO$GBA is faster and have a lot of plug-ins and eazier and mooooore then Dsmeum

All respect to DSmeum Company sometimes It helps!!! but i vote to NO$GBA

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2011
I'm not up to date on NO$GBA. I thought the last release of it was 3 years ago. DeSmuME recently got updated a month ago.

Back