The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 29th, 2011 (04:42 AM). Edited January 29th, 2011 by Blue_Drifblim.
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
Brock's final shining moment.

Just a quick heads up/reminder: Next week is the series (or season... whatever you want to call it) finale! It will be airing at 9:00am eastern/8:00am central, instead of the usual time. The new timeslot will be carried into the premiere of Black and White.

Later the same day is the premiere of the Zoroark movie! It starts at 7pm/6pm but before that, you can watch the Giratina movie at 5pm/4pm. So... uh, yeah. Don't forget. Hope I didn't confuse anybody.
Old January 29th, 2011 (05:35 AM).
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Spoiler:
  • >__> Goodbye already?
  • Blonde moment~
  • NUrsery school teacher?
  • Team Rocket for the fortyeleventyfiftyfifth time?
  • OOOH another pun for the next generation~
  • YAY! A BOTTLE CAP!
  • Angry Tentacruel?
  • Oh yes! ANGRY TENTACRUEL! SHOOT THEM DAMN TENTACRUEL AT THE TEAM ROCKET PIGS! THEY STOLE YOUR BOTTLE CAPS!
  • Poor Pikachu~
  • Poor Pichu ;_;
  • Aaahhh No more Angry Tentacruel? ;_;
  • It's uber-happiny~!
  • UberHappiny to the rescue!
  • Is it me or are the voices for old people in the dub so....
  • If only UberHappy courd use some MOVES!
  • IceIce Baby
  • Agh... "Raise the humidity?" That's about the ONLY scientific object in Pokemon I don't undertand why it works ;_;
  • oh no...OH NO! UBERHAPPINY IS EVOLVING! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIIIEEE!!
  • NUCLEAR EGGOCALYPSE!
  • Sounds convincing, doesn't it Brock? XD
  • It's a whopper?
  • No, How about an encore of Angry Tentacruel?
  • AAand back in Twinleaf Town. Last episode next time.

Hhhmm... Not much to say today. And I seriously WAS scared about UberHappiny o__o What, will we be picking up Tyranitar mountains as UberChansey?

After the matters of understanding the dialogue. I can rate this episode a 10/10. Too bad Team Rocket will no longer support any of the comedic relief anymore.
Old January 29th, 2011 (05:48 AM).
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
This was a pretty emotional episode. I'm glad that Brock got a chance to shine.

Also, CHANSEY!

I liked the video game references by TR.

Jessie: "Is it Gold? Silver?? Platinum??"
Meowth: Rubies, Sapphires? Diamonds and Pearls??"
James: "It's not all Black and White..."
Old January 29th, 2011 (10:36 AM). Edited January 29th, 2011 by Kirbychu.
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Those game references were a nice touch. xD

Leave it to Ash to use a physical move on a Poison attack... Anyways, I'm going to miss ol' Brock, it's too bad he was neglected so much in DP. At least back in AG it still felt like he played a role in the group. I can't help but think that Brock was in DP for any other reason than Uxie or advertising HG. It's nice that he's going to finally pursue his dreams, he just can't accomplish everything when he's with Ash. Ever since Brock got replace by that weird green haired boy the anime's manliness has dropped by 60%.

Recently I was watching the Battle Frontier arc where Ash battles and trains against Brandon. In one of those episodes Professor Oak himself mentioned that Brock had an incredible gift for healing Pokemon, and told him to keep up the good work. Was the whole Pokemon doctor thing really foreshadowed that long ago?

Paired to cr4y

Old January 29th, 2011 (06:44 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
What about Crystal and Emeralds?

Overall I liked the episode. It's kinda weird that the next episode is the last of the generation though.
Old January 29th, 2011 (07:16 PM).
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

For me, this episode was a bit overdramatic. Everyone was freaking out over Pichu. It was so unnecessary.

I thought Brock would be departing this episode, but I guess he's hanging out with the gang for the final DP episode. I can't believe it's already here.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old January 30th, 2011 (07:23 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

A "meh" episode for Brock's last shining moment. I did like the Team Rocket game reference, though XD I remember they did the same thing in the 9th movie about DP.

- How can Ash and Dawn know so little about berries? -_-
- This episode is so boring
- Wow, I forgot Happiny evolved this episode. About time.
- Dawn's mum's voice is still retarded

Music kept: (4)

Route 29
DPPt Contest theme
TR Sneaking theme
Don't know what to do about Pichu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Post
[*]Agh... "Raise the humidity?" That's about the ONLY scientific object in Pokemon I don't undertand why it works ;_;
Especially odd since they said the Pokemon had a fever o_O
Old January 30th, 2011 (06:39 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I think I'm the only one that missed the game reference. XD; I'm going to have to watch this episode over and listen on it next time.

Overall, I think this was an alright episode to lead Brock onto his new dream. The scenario could have been a bit more dramatic, rather than so over hyped on Pichu's wellness, but the story played out nicely enough I would say.

It's hard to think that this is the last time we'd really be seeing a group of Tentacruel's around for a long while.
Old January 30th, 2011 (07:37 PM).
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

HAHAHA Funny how it took forever for Brock to get an episode oh boy it wasn't even a good one. Team Rocket, I miss there comical side, why must it be gone? Oh wells, makes me glad they aren't in every single episode of Best Wishes. Lets see what else, oh yes D/P is almost over I'll miss Dawn/Paul/Barry oh the shame, they truley were great characters.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old January 30th, 2011 (08:13 PM).
Meduza
Majestic Dawn

I know it's because PUSA doesn't have the legal rights to use all the songs, but why can't Japan give them the rights so there can it can sound right (Excluding songs sung in Japanese, of course).

Anyways, the episode was quite good. But what I found weird was at the beginning scene with the daycare girl, from the scene where she walks towards the baby Pokemon, slips and Brock catches her, the angling seems off inbetween.

Like the first scene has her on the left side of the boat, but the close up of her foot makes it look like the right side, than the next scene goes back to the left side.

I noticed the game references, but they seemed too obvious.

But besides that, a very interesting filler indeed, especially it being the alst filler of the D/P saga.

8/10

Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011
Old September 5th, 2011 (03:47 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
All in all a pretty great episode. 9/10

The Tentacruel were a nice touch and the not-so-subtle references to the video games was rather pleasing as well. It was nice for Brock to have another episode dedicated to him in which he can truly shine as this started to become a rare occurrence! It was also great that Brock finally got a Chansey as this really shows a huge hint at his future in becoming a pokemon doctor. Oh yeah, THE PICHU WAS SO CUTE!! :3

Sponsored Links