The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 30th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Ragnia
Hello

Nature: Calm
Hello I'd like to sign up for a single solo challenge on FireRed (may turn into an ultimate depending on how much fun I have with this one)

The pokemon I will be using is Sableye (possibly one of my favorites) also quick question..... Does my solo for firered end when I beat the elite four a second time or just the first?
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:28 PM
DefiningTheDecade
I may not be famous.. but..

Nature: Impish
Hello again..

My FireRed prved to be absolutely no match for Charizard..

And it all seemed like a speed run..

But I accidentally left my game on all night before I woke up so I had 12 extra hours added onto my time -___-

So anyways I blurred through firered mainly with mega punch andscratch.. picked up aerial ace and replaced scratch and killed everything until pokemon league and picked up dragon claw.. Charizard then had a moveset of:

Aerial Ace
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Dragon claw replacing slash

Destroyed Lorelei with flamethrower(amazingly had 3 OHKOs) and aerial ace..
Left with Hothead only having 82 hp.. things were looking slim

Obviously took out Bruno with aerial ace and earthquake for the ONYXs..
Everything was OHKO so I advance with 82 Health

Agatha blown out by Flamethrower and earthquake..
Damage almost caused from Haunter but a simple confusion was a miss
Iadvance to challenge Lance with 84 health (Hothead levelled to 83)

Lance:
Gyarados did not prove a problem flamethrower.. almost OHKO
He does dragon rage.. 44hp left..

Hyper pot used by Lance..
Another flamethrower

Lance switch to Aerodactyl
Flamethrower Crit OHKO

Lance to Dragonair
Dragon claw domination
OHKO

Switch back to gyrados
Aerial ace to kill

Drgonair #2
Dragon claw OHKO

Dragonite for last hope of lance
Luckiest Dragon claw crit timing ever..

Advance to Lavir (rival spelled backwards)

OHKO Pideot Flamethrower

Earthquake by Hothead
Blastoise withdraw
Earthquake by Hothead

Blastoise down

Exeguttor comes out and is demolished by Flamethrower

Alakasam comes out to be invited by another

Charizard is now level 84 with 47 hp(actually I have no clue when this happened I just had a random moment to see stats(darn speed button))

That's was charizards last flamethrower

Breath-Taking moment:

Arcanine used Extremespeed!

Hothead has 11 hp left!!

Second-most breath taking moment:

Hothead used Earthquake!

Critical hit!!

OHKO!!

Decade becomes champeen!!!!!

Anyways.. this solo was easier than expected from a nuzlocke style challenge..

But nonetheless.. oh and I'm going to be hacking in Charizard to a normal silver since the speed button seems to be a billion times better than SSand HG so next up.. Jhoto!
Current places:
Ultimate Nuzlocke Solo Combo Challenge: need to start White
Kanto Johto Hoenn Sinnoh Unova
Dexter Challenge..: Done

The Grind-O-Holic Pyro Loving One
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:58 PM
Folkedahl
Wizard

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnia View Post
Hello I'd like to sign up for a single solo challenge on FireRed (may turn into an ultimate depending on how much fun I have with this one)

The pokemon I will be using is Sableye (possibly one of my favorites) also quick question..... Does my solo for firered end when I beat the elite four a second time or just the first?
Sableye <3
I believe it's the second time.
Might as well update mine..
Secured all my HM Mules - Poliwhirl for Surf, Strength, Rock Smash (Technically not an Hm, whatever), and whirlpool. Farfetch'd for Fly and Cut, and Chikorita for flash. level 38, finally got Dragonair. I have yet to not OHKO a pokemon with slam, which is pretty tasty.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 31st, 2011, 05:15 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Ohh my god. Got to the next to last page and firefox crashed... Here we go again.

Edit: all right. This time, instead of doing it on PC, I made a nifty Excel document with names, pokemon, game, and status. I finished all that stuff, just have to transfer it to PC. But its taken me so long, and I want to play a game or something. Hopefully I'll be feeling better after I finish and I'll update this again.

Congratulations to everyone that finished their challenge
Special congrats to: mamoswineftw, wingman11 x2, and Imperator161 for becoming the newest solo masters!

Last edited by myrrhman; January 31st, 2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:55 PM
Zeko
^ is awesome!

Nature: Jolly
Hey guys! Long time no see! Anyways, I'm back and healthy again, so let's continue!

UPDATE 3
Spoiler:

• Left Cerulean and headed South.
  • At Vermillion I boarded the SS Anne.
  • I'm fighting all the trainers in there, swept them with Flamethrower. (lol, it's fun being double the level of your opponent!)
  • I finally beat Kazzo on my first try, why is it that my dig did less than half to his Wartortle when Flamethrower knocked it out?
  • I got Cut and got the %$#@ outta there.
  • Spade evolved into Charizard while I was looking for a Pokemon that can learn Cut
  • I caught a Meowth on Route 6 and named it Timpurr.
  • Taught Timpurr cut!
  • Kicked Lt. Surge's ASS with Flamethrower + Dig.
  • Headed onto Route 7!

Spade /
Charizard
Lv. 36 (so close to 37! No joke!)
Secret Power
Dig
Flamethrower
Wing Attack

Slave /
Pidgey
Lv. 6
Tackle
Sand Attack
--
--

Timpurr / Meowth
Lv. 10
Scratch
Growl
Bite
Cut

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Zeko; February 1st, 2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added more!! :)
Old February 4th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Zhinc
a Dark-type trainer

Nature: Hasty
Whoo! I finally beat Red! I decided to feed Champ two Rare Candies to boost him to level 90, checked my stock of revives and stuff and climbed the dangerous Mt. Silver. At the top was a quiet young man with outrageously powerful Pokemon. I killed off his Pikachu is one hit (Champ is faster than a Pikachu?). His Venusaur then took up the fight and was a PAIN IN THE REAR. After several revives and Venusaur killing off both my HM slaves at least once, I was able to return the favour and verse Blastoise. He was a bit of a pain, but he couldn't really hurt me that badly...Lapras was next. Ugh, Psychic. Lapras is no longer allowed to use that. Snorlax and Charizard were both uneventful. And with that...I had beaten Red! So now, my challenge is complete.

CHAMP the FERALIGATR!
Level 90, Hardy Nature, Loves to Eat
Knows Waterfall, Crunch, Ice Fang, and Earthquake
296/235/214/167/167/198

Firered || League Champion!
Crystal || 1 badge(s)

COMPLETE!: Level 90 Feraligatr named Champ.
Emerald Solo Run: COMPLETE!: level 76 Blaziken
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Magmorter
Suffering from Pokerus...

Nature: Brave
Hey, I'd like to start your solo challenge. I'd be using Gengar on Ruby and trading him in at level 5. I'll keep you updated on my progress (:

Ruby Solo Challenge -

Last edited by Magmorter; February 5th, 2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Folkedahl
Wizard

Just hit level 50..
Taking suggestions for Dragonite in Original Silver Movesets to help me not fail the Elite 4!
Anways, I get mega rage mode whenever I battle my rival because he's got a flippin' shiny Sneasel and I just wanna chuck balls till I die. Hah.
7 Badges now. Just finished off Team Rocket in the Goldenrod Radio tower with ease.

Old February 6th, 2011, 03:17 AM
mamoswineftw
Togepi

Well, my Mawile USC is on hold for now, having a bit of trouble with the DS series of games, but I've decided to start a new one.

Now, think to yourself what the most annoying pokemon from all the generations is. Or pokemon family:

Zubat, Golbat and Crobat!

Yes, our favourite batty pokemon are going to be the focus of this new challenge. i don't think anyone has yet to do this, so hopefully this will be unique (like Mawile and Lickitung/Lickilicky...)

ANYWAY, rambling aside, I completed the Leaf Green portion today (VBA speed toggle ftw). Using A-Starter, I modified the starters and chose Zubat (Squirtle), and Douche chose Bulbasaur. Since Zubat only starts with Leech Life, I modified it so that she was holding TM 47 Steel Wing - only way I would ever be able to defeat the wild pokemon and first gym. Unfortunately, my screenies from the first 6 gyms/Silph Co. were lost, so I don't have many left.

Bite destroyed Sabrina here, with an Aerial Ace for good measure vs Venomoth

I still had Steel Wing in my moveset here, so the Rhyhorns were easy stuff. The rest I just Aerial Aced/Bit to death

Just some pre-E4 stats. Taught Batty Giga Drain in place of Steel Wing

Giga Drains, some HP Electric and Bite for Jynx/Slowbro gave me the win here. Lapras was a bit of a pain though, with Lorelei using Hyper Potions quite regularly

Hehe. A Giga Drain for each Onix, 3 Aerial Aces and Bob's your uncle. Didn't even bother healing after Lorelei, the Giga Drains fully healed my health

Used Bite on all the pokemon here, 2HKOs on both Gengars, Arbok and HER Golbat. Used a Hyper Potion at the end and went onto Lance.

HP Electric for Gyarados/Aerodactyl. Aerial Ace was underpowered against Dragonair due to the Intimidate, so I switched to Snorlax to soak up some hits while using a Full Restore. Then Aerial Aced my way through both Dragonairs. Dragonite hit me with a bunch of Outrages, but Batty is pretty bulky, and she took the hits easily. Heal up, use and Elixir, and onto Douche

HP-electric for Gyarados/Pidgeot, Bite for Alakazam/Arcanine, Giga Drain for Rhydon and a few Aerial Aces to finish off Venusaur. Easy as Pi (3.1415926......)

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! Batty was absolutely legendary, though can't say that I'm loathe to wait for the DS generations and the improved movesets. Plus it was really annoying how she couldn't evolve after level 37, so for the next 51 levels I had to be faced with the disappointment of a confused Batty...

So, I'll either play Silver version or Sapphire next, might even do Soul Silver if I can solve my emulator problems.

Last edited by mamoswineftw; February 6th, 2011 at 03:25 AM.
Old February 6th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Ramsie
Current Challenge: Fire Mono

Nature: Timid
I'm doing a single solo challenge on Pearl with the amazing Toitle the Torterra.

-Started my adventure.
-Went to the lake and got Turtwig.
-Timid nature. RESET!
-Restarted my adventure.
-Got Careful Turtwig.
-Named Toitle, got Pokedex.
-Caught Derpette, the HM slave.
-Went to Jubilife, fought rival on Route 203.
-Made it Orenburgh.
-Made Roark stop playing with rocks for a battle.
-Toitle evolved into Grotle while fighting the gym underlings.
-VS Roark
Toitle vs. Geodude
Toitle used Razor Leaf
Geodude fainted.
Toitle vs. Onix
Toitle used Razor Leaf
Onix fainted.
Toitle vs. Cranidos
Cranidos used Leer.
Toitle used Razor leaf
Cranidos fainted.
Coal Badge get.
Fought Galatics.
Did Galatic stuff at Valley of Windworks/Floroma Town
-Made it through Eterna Forest
-fought Gardenia, defeated her with Bite
-Toitle evolved again, learned Earthquake.
-Defeated Jupiter
-Saved Going down Route 206.

Badges: 2

Toitle/Torterra Lv. 32
Type Cycle Challenge: Fire Ground Ice

Pokemon X Friend Code:
Fiona: 0834-2018-2824
Please PM me if you add me!
Safari Type: Poison
Cascoon|Swalot|Whirlepede

Last edited by Ramsie; February 6th, 2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Update
Old February 6th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Folkedahl
Wizard

Got to Level 58, Evolved to Dragonite, moveset currently of Dragonbreath, Return, Wing Attack, and Ice punch. I'm very very very reluctant to challenge the elite four yet, because I'm pretty sure I'm destined to lose. Is there any way at all to get into Kanto before challenging the Elite 4?

Old February 6th, 2011, 03:53 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkedahl View Post
Got to Level 58, Evolved to Dragonite, moveset currently of Dragonbreath, Return, Wing Attack, and Ice punch. I'm very very very reluctant to challenge the elite four yet, because I'm pretty sure I'm destined to lose. Is there any way at all to get into Kanto before challenging the Elite 4?
Nope, gotta beat the Elite Four. I think you'll be fine, just use items if you have to.

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:30 PM
mamoswineftw
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
Nope, gotta beat the Elite Four. I think you'll be fine, just use items if you have to.
JD is right, 58 is plenty high to take on the Johto elite four, and since you have Ice Punch dragonbreath isn't really needed. Perhaps Thunderpunch in place of Dragonbreath/Return if you're really too worried, but I'm thinking you'll be fine.

Old February 7th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Folkedahl
Wizard

Lol, elite 4 was a complete joke, wiped them all out, only Fortress and Slowbro weren't OHKO, and I didn't use any of the 53 Full Restores that I spent all my money on. 6x now, I think I'm into the later levels, completely smeared Lt. Surge. I'm getting confused about where's where in Kanto though. Every npc is telling me this and that and gah.

Old February 7th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Putting my challenge on hold for a while, currently in the middle of a UMC and I don't want challenges to start getting confusing.

Old February 9th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Folkedahl
Wizard

As of yesterday, I have officially defeated Red with my level 77 Dragonite. Bow chica wow-wow. Now time to start exp-share leeching some of my other suckfest pokemon.

Old February 9th, 2011, 11:14 PM
tachikaze316
Master of Procrastination

Nature: Quiet
With Valentine's Day approaching, I think I'm gonna give a Luvdisc solo of FireRed a shot.

Completed Challenges:
Nuzlocke Challenge: Moemon Forever V2
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Normal
Old February 11th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Nabooru
Beginning Trainer

Oh , this looks fun :D

I'm going to use Absol for my runs, if that's okay.

I'm going to do Fire Red -> Soul Silver -> Emerald -> Platinum

Last edited by Nabooru; February 11th, 2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old February 11th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Zhinc
a Dark-type trainer

So, I've decided to do another solo run, on Emerald this time, because I miss Hoenn. ):

Name/Trainer: Zhinc
Pokemon: Torchic and its evolutions
Game: Emerald

Edit: After almost two hours of gameplay, I'm on the beach just south of Slateport with two badges and a lovely Combusken. (:

Level 22, Sassy-natured
Scratch, Peck, Double Kick, Ember
64/48/35/43/41/31

Crystal || 1 badge(s)

Last edited by Zhinc; February 11th, 2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Enigma
we love, we hate. we die, forever late! in willow's way...
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Alright, so remember how I said that I wanted to continue from my already completed Yellow solo challenge and turn it into an Ultimate? I will now start doing that. I plan on beginning very soon, probably tomorrow. :P

"Magnus! I do not fear your reign, for I have an umbrella!"
Old February 11th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Magmorter
Suffering from Pokerus...

Nature: Brave

Ok so I haven't updated yet but I've done heaps! Me and my Gengar are nearly at the elite 4, sorry I haven't kept track of whta I've done, but I've played Ruby so many times I can speed through it. Anyways, here's my team:

Gengar: Lvl 67

Moves: Brick Break, Shadow Puch, Shadow Ball, Hypnosis

Stats: HP - 186, Attack - 122, Defense - 115, Sp. Atck - 219, Sp. Df - 130, Speed - 176

The my HM/TM Slaves:

Moves: Strength, Fly, Flash, Sweet Scent

Moves: Cut, Rock Smash, Secret Power, Surf

Moves: Waterfall, Surf, Dive, Dig

I will notify when I beat elite 4

Ruby Solo Challenge -
Old February 13th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Enigma
we love, we hate. we die, forever late! in willow's way...
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
2nd generation portion of challenge complete. Will move on to Hoenn soon.

Alright, so beginning the Johto portion of my ultimate solo challenge with Arctic the Dewgong.

Spoiler:
*Named myself Inferno, went to Mr. Pokemon's house after choosing Totodile, etc. The normal stuff.
*After doing all of that, I go and catch my Seel (can't obtain until Whirl Islands, and that is far too late in the game)
*I headbutt my way to level 10. (I can't learn anything good until Aurora Beam at level 16.)
*I take down Falkner at level 14. I go through Union Cave, learn Aurora Beam, and take down Team Rocket in the well.
*Bugsy is defeated at level 21. Arctic is having an easy time with everything. I defeat my Rival.
*At level 24, nearly 25, Arctic defeats Whitney. On to Morty!
*After training Arctic to level 34, it evolves into Dewgong. When that happens, I defeat Morty.
*I travel through the Lighthouse, and then go to Cianwood. I am sure to get the Secretpotion, and defeat Chuck. Arctic is at level 39.
*Arctic OHKO's all of Jasmine's pokemon. She's at level 40 at this point.
*Arctic is nearly at level 46 when she defeats Pryce. I get a call about suspicious radio activity...better check it out.
*I clear out the Radio Tower, and proceed.
*Ice Beam totally wrecks Clair's team. Arctic is just destructive at level 54. I save at this point and call it a day.

*next day since I can't double post*

*Pokemon League is defeated easily at level 61.
*Red is taken down at level 74.

"Magnus! I do not fear your reign, for I have an umbrella!"

Last edited by Enigma; February 13th, 2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old February 13th, 2011, 01:43 PM
ger345
Im just like that.

Nature: Quiet
Heres my entry:
Game: HeartGold
Pokemon:Dragonite
Ok, this should be fun.
Unova 0/8

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming b"DO A BACKFLIP!" copy this as your signature!!!
What pokemon games have I finished you ask? Well. Let me start at the beging, and make it aws simple as possible: All of them. Not one of the regular seires has escape the new and everything in between, even all of the Mystery Dungeon games.
Rainbow

All the simple things in life:
Smiling suns, Evil Duxs, and line.
Old February 14th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Zhinc
a Dark-type trainer

So, I went off to beat up Team Aqua at the Museum in Slateport, where I finally met their leader. Crazy idiot. I start heading north and happen upon a little house with a strange man inside. I complete his puzzle and get some little token for it. Since I don't have a bike, I take the winding low-rode north to Mauville. I met Bredan on the way and we battled, but it was easy. In Mauville, I run into this Wally kid who I helped catch a Pokemon earlier. I then proceed to thrash him into itty-bitty pieces. After exploring the surrounding areas, I take on the Mauville gym and win easily. A couple more lose ends (and an evolved Pokemon later), I make my way to Fallabour Town. Met some girl at the Pokemon Centre who apparently made the Pokemon storage system where most of the Pokemon I caught early on are. Cool. I'm now on the road to this place called Meteor Falls; hopefully, there's a way to the next gym somewhere near there...

Crystal || 1 badge(s)

Old February 14th, 2011, 07:40 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Hey guys, guess what!??! SUPER GIANT UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU! Everything is updated, I added a couple of notes, took out all the old people who haven't updated in like 2 months, and put in all the new people. Congrats to everyone who completed the challenge!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links