• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
*sigh* Nowadays, Pokemon RPs are becoming more and more dormant. I'm craving for virtual roleplaying action! Something to write about, something to brew up a horribly queer concoction of words! That's why I'm going around SU-ing up for spots in RPs, I need some adrenalin in my boring life. :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Diamond, go play a gameboy game xD ;p No, RPs should let the players act much more vividly than a video game would. That's one of the main points (if not THE very main point) with RPing, right?

Doctor Who, would you rather create a new journey-novelRP, or join one someone else created?

Actually, the first RPs I joined were journey-novelRP ones. There, you don't have to interact with others right away and I found it easier to simply train my writing skills like that + make a joint post now and then.

Years
Diamond, go play a gameboy game xD ;p No, RPs should let the players act much more vividly than a video game would. That's one of the main points (if not THE very main point) with RPing, right?
But I'm already playing my Emerald which I restarted and my Diamond while I'm not online at home. I must have something to write!!!! *craves for writing* Before I start using my hands to kill myself instead of typing or writing stories!! Ahh!!!! *cuts self* What did I just do? Oh well, who cares. X-)

But yeah, on a serious note, RPs are much better than video games as the player uses his imagination unlike in the game, it's just like this "A wild Suicune appeared! Go, (Pokemon's name)!" whereas in RPs, it's usually like this "I stepped forward in the direction of the rustling patch of knee-high grass. I felt the wind change direction to the north and a chilly breeze soothed the surroundings around me.
From my gaze on the ground, I looked up and saw the magnificent beast standing before me. Its presence calmed the waters, the wind traveled around it in a playful manner. The pale crystal blue eyes gazed at me, seeming to know something. Something hidden and innate, or was it an understanding?
I prepared to release my lead Pokemon to engage in the spectacular battle that was about to ensue and hopefully capture it with friendship and not just the mere enclosure of a sphere..." Oops, I got carried away, but that's what I mean. XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Well, Diamond. Why not try to create an RP yourself? I find it stimulating to just imagine, think and then and write up a new thread, all the backgrounds and stories and rules and SU and all... even if I'm not posting it ^^ That's how I did with the CAPTURE RP *blush*

If you create a new thread without posting it, you can then copypaste the content to your personal notepad in the User CP on PC and then pick it up now and then to change something you've been thinking about. Eventually, maybe one of the RPs you've signed up for will die and you find yourself with more time on your hands again. Then you have a complete, refined RP set up to post right away :)

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
Years
Either I suppose. I've really been in need of a good roleplay fix, and especially hosting my roleplay made me want it even more. But I also love hosting one and reading the posts marvelling at the creativity of my players, that's a really nice feeling (:

Diamond, if you need help creating or managing a roleplay don't be afraid to ask, there's tons of helpful people around here. Everyone's had to start somewhere. If it's a journey roleplay then I'd be more than happy to help, I've made my fair share of those (:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
MMmmroaarghw. I'm itching. To make another RP *shot'd*

Actually I've got time. I'm lurking around here too much when I could be doing other stuff. That will change *writes promise down*

And that means I can create a Journey RP. It will be a Kanto one. Why? Because although I'd LOVE to set a journey RP in Sinnoh, I don't know that region at all... I haven't played D/P/P. T____T Kanto, we all know and are bored of. I'll put in some nifty rules and even speed up the start by doing one radical thing nobody seem to have thought of before..... xD

But don't worry, it won't be a novelpostRP. I think :/ If not the players turn it into one *dies*

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
^^^Sweet Signature^^^ = SPAMZ!!!

Sorry. it really is, I've got two pokemon RP ideas one which I have been dweeling on the idea of since spring break and the other I thought of yesterday, I'll just give the titles because I have to go watch T.V.... that sounded bad. My shows on. Anyhow

Pokemecha: Pokemon mecha suits, kind of like Gundam+Pokemon.
-and-
Marked: this would be a series about a pokemon war and these "peacemakers" related to legendaries. Sweet Vagueness right guys.

Dwell on this. Ill be lurking all day tomorrow so ill right one of them based on what erybody thinks. or if anyone likes the ideas

Years
@Doctor Who: Thanks, I''ll keep that in mind, as a matter of fact, I'm in the process of planning out my Journey RP. I'm thinking of city names, descriptions and I've already done the part for starters.

@RHCP(Mind if I call you that, it's quite long to type the whole thing >.<): I can help with Sinnoh, I play Diamond and completed the whole game long time ago. I've also done Kanto, but I don't like that region as it's quite a bore. The cities in Kanto are smaller than other regions' and the legendaries are quite rigid in character.

@pokemongarnet: Cool, I like those names. They tempt me to want to join! *beheaded for guilt* My PMD RP is titled "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Land and the Sea." That's all Imma give out. :P

I've an idea for my next RP chracter. It's either gonna be a mentally troubled boy, like the one in Sixth Sense but more personality tweaks, or an 'emo' zombie-like girl, like Kanna from Inuyasha. Mist likely I'll choose to be a girl for the 1st time, as I'm bored of always being a male.

Years
Hello all, I've decided to get back into the RP world!

Submitted something called Pokemon Reality, where in 2112 Pokemon have destroyed the world, so you're selected along with 8 other people to go back to 2111 before the disaster strikes.

Not giving away much, just wanted to know if it sounded interesting.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Years

Submitted something called Pokemon Reality, where in 2112 Pokemon have destroyed the world, so you're selected along with 8 other people to go back to 2111 before the disaster strikes.

Sounds quite interesting. Would want to see it and give it a try. This is something like 2012. :)

Back in June '09, I had an idea: Why play with Pokémon when you can play with tanks, battleships, jet fighters, and (if you last long enough) nuclear weapons?

The initial response to my proposal was actually quite warm, though it eventually died a quiet death. If the RPing drought is that severe, I might consider tweaking and reintroducing that proposal. Give you people something far more challenging and interesting for you to play around with.
Well, it's a well-planned out idea and probably would attract several people, but not me. I'm not into war games and such and the details are massively large and hard to remember. I'll probably lose track at the start of the game. It depends, I'm not your directed audience, so sorry. I'm more into Pokemon, which is the main reason I'm here.

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016

That sounds pretty cool I'll look into that once it's up.

@pokemongarnet: Cool, I like those names. They tempt me to want to join! *beheaded for guilt* My PMD RP is titled "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Land and the Sea." That's all Imma give out. :P

Thanks, but I don't know which I'd want to do... I wouldn't want to have 2. I'll write one up today though. But which one would you rather do? (That Q is directed towards everyone.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
^^^Sweet Signature^^^ = SPAMZ!!!

Sorry. it really is, I've got two pokemon RP ideas one which I have been dweeling on the idea of since spring break and the other I thought of yesterday, I'll just give the titles because I have to go watch T.V.... that sounded bad. My shows on. Anyhow

Pokemecha: Pokemon mecha suits, kind of like Gundam+Pokemon.
-and-
Marked: this would be a series about a pokemon war and these "peacemakers" related to legendaries. Sweet Vagueness right guys.

Dwell on this. Ill be lurking all day tomorrow so ill right one of them based on what erybody thinks. or if anyone likes the ideas

Pokémecha, that's my vote. Sounds awesome if you can come up with a cool background and good "game mechanics" for the RP!

@RHCP(Mind if I call you that, it's quite long to type the whole thing >.<): I can help with Sinnoh, I play Diamond and completed the whole game long time ago. I've also done Kanto, but I don't like that region as it's quite a bore. The cities in Kanto are smaller than other regions' and the legendaries are quite rigid in character.

I've an idea for my next RP chracter. It's either gonna be a mentally troubled boy, like the one in Sixth Sense but more personality tweaks, or an 'emo' zombie-like girl, like Kanna from Inuyasha. Mist likely I'll choose to be a girl for the 1st time, as I'm bored of always being a male.
Hm, maybe you could help me with that, yes. And Kanto is a bore... I love Johto with all its beautiful places and mystery and Hoenn is the most exciting region of the three, hmmmm. But I think I'll simply have to play D/P/P! I have Platinum on an emulator, is that a good version to get to know Sinnoh with?

And you should definitely make a girl for a change :) And mentally troubled characters are very common I can think, but you have to try and play as one at least once ^^

Well, it can be interesting, though what you're giving out now doesn't say much about what we can expect to be doing in the RP so I'm looking forward to hear more when you've planned more out, or when you're posting it ;)

Also with that journey RP I was sub-planning, there will be pokémon from all generations in it ^^ So Kanto won't be THAT boring ... but still. *goes to play Platinum* Oh wait, I have other things to do first :/ I gotta find time to really explore Sinnoh though.

Doctor Who

Years
RHCP - Platinum is definitely the best of the three I think, better storyline and better assorment of Pokemon, so I'd say go for it. If you do Kanto or Sinnoh I'd definitely be excited if you host a roleplay (:

I definitely do like it that you're planing to mix Pokemon, I prefer that since the games usually don't give that great a selection, at least until you beat the elite xD I don't think I've ever really done a Kanto roleplay before, so it'd be fun to get to do that!

Same goes for you Diamond, though good luck naming the cities. Usually the games keep a kind of pattern and that might make naming the towns easier. A friend of mine once named all towns after gems and that worked out fine. If you're doing a new regions than that's definitely exciting!

As for the other suggested roleplays, they're not really up my alley, but I do like the sound of that 2112/2111 (2012 reference maybe? xD) roleplay, it sounds mighty interesting, might have to keep an eye on that then (:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Well, sharpen your SU pencil, Doctor. I'll post the RP. Because I've noticed I've got so much time to spend on PC so that I'm getting impatient in some RPs. I'm sorry for that, if anybody has gotten in the way of my impatience... I'll shape up.
You can write novel posts if you like there, Doctor :) But you don't have to.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Well, we'll have to wait for Michaela to accept it. She's a very active RP mod though so I doubt it'll take much time~ (I still haven't posted it though xD)

OH IMPORTANT QUESTION.

I'm including starters from different regions. What are most fun, Kanto starters or Johto starters? I feel like I haven't seen Bulbasaurs, Charmeleons and Blastoises in an RP lately, so I'm leaning towards Kanto. What do you think?

Doctor Who

Years
Hm, well since it's Kanto it would probably be wise to use the old starters and then maybe mix some unconventional in between. How many spots do will you have?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yes, I'm going with that then :) There will be 9 spots. I was going to have only 6 first... but then I was thinking I actually wouldn't mind a slightly crowded RP. There's a rigid enough background story and a lot of rules xD It will be a RP where you can go anywhere at anytime; I'm not giving you the routes or pokémon... but I give you links to an online map + pokédex where you can look up pokémon locations, evolutions and attacks (serebii.net is your friend, serebiiforums is not). It will probably seem complicated... but I hope somebody will agree on that it's a pretty elegant solution ^^

This way, the RP will be like a RPG video game, kind of. You can go anywhere and play along the set rules.

Years
@Doctor Who: Hmm, your friend has a goo didea, but I'm already half done with the names. I basically name them on the Gym types and thier most unique feature that separates each city from another.

@RHCP: Oh, you're making me drool over the excitement! (Wait, I SO do not drool) xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back