The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Bay Alexison
Not a Baygel

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Pokemon didn't have much in terms of plot to begin with. The interesting part of this story would be the character drama, which is the interesting part of pretty much everything I write. And also the easiest part for me. And, if past experience is anything to go by, the character interactions are enough to sustain a good story.
Pokemon does have plot if you think about it for a bit. Sure, maybe not the much original, but I say the plots get better and better for a children's game IMO. As for character drama, those are good sometimes, but there has to be some kind of situation first that triggers the character drama in order for those kind of stories to work.

Quote:
No good. If it's not a story that I'm personally interested in, it won't help me get started again. It'll probably just make things worse. I could try to force myself to write something just based on existing audiences, but it'd probably kill the muse just after she's come back. I need a group of characters that I like, and I already have that. I just need a plot to give them.
Real quick, make sure you have the characters work for the plot, not the other way around if you know if I mean. And also, a story is just as important as characters. The events happening is what will shape the development of the characters, so you have to think a bit about the plot you wanted to do and not just how you want the characters to interact. You don't have to think everything that's going to happening, but do have an idea which direction you want to take the plot.

Quote:
Also no good. I cannot write without feedback from other people. Not for very long. I pretty much always give up on a project if I have to write more than ~20 pages of it without hearing at least one or two people tell me what they thought about it.
Well, JX Valentine already mentioned some places you can show you writing in this earlier post. if you're really considering doing this story as original fiction.

[PC Fanfiction Index] [Nothing, Everything] [Quiet Admiration][The BBS] [MyAnimeList][Archive of Our Own][FFnet]
[Partner in Crime: Elite Overlord LeSabre™] [Cousin: Astinus] [Avatar: suspecting from LJ]
Old January 9th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Chamomile13
Beginning Trainer

I said it didn't have much of a plot, I didn't say it had no plot at all. Pokemon is a very good story for this sort of thing, because it has a very basic, but very solid plot, individual pieces of which can be dramatically altered or expanded on a whim without significantly changing the rest of the course of events. If Viridian Forest gets burned down, Red gets framed for the Team Rocket theft in Cerulean, and Lt. Surge turns out to be working for Team Rocket, Red's still going to be going to Lavender, Celadon, etc. etc. to complete his journey.

And yes, I do plan on making it an original fic and making use of the sites mentioned in that post. I just don't plan to keep it on a Word document.

Incidentally, if anyone can think of good names to replace Professor Oak and Pallet Town, I'm kind of stumped on those.
Old January 10th, 2011, 09:12 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
=|

Guys, let's move to a different topic already. This thread isn't for arguing (heck, straight from the first post: 'Don’t argue and be civil'). Any more of that and infractions might start coming.

As it is I'll be deleting all those off-topic posts then.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old January 18th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Well, I didn't really pay attention to any of these fan fics until now, so I guess I'm a newbie at this. Well, to get things over with, do any of you think a good plot for a story involving a Riolu?
Synopsis:
Deneta was an ordinary teen girl, and a craze over anime. One day, Ron calls her over the phone, wanting emergency over his strange request. He has turned into a Pichu. She doesn't know how he did it, but she goes along with his help. Without knowing what has happened, before she could think of a plan, she is turned into a Riolu, entering the world of Pokemon and meeting many that might be able to answer her question...why did she turn into a Pokemon?

I got the characters, I just need a plot to go along with them....

Last edited by Otherworld9); January 18th, 2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Wrong title.
Old January 18th, 2011, 04:09 PM
JX Valentine
Your aquatic overlord

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
I'd hate to be overly blunt, but if you have to ask others for a plot, chances are you're going to have a lot of problems down the line. After all, a lot of creativity goes into writing, so if you can't come up with a general idea for what you want to do, you'll probably end up getting stuck when you try to execute the more detailed version of that same idea.

This is because a story often has subplots that go right along with it. The concept -- what most people call the plot -- is just a very general overview. For example, if you have a concept wherein these Pokémon go on a Mystery Dungeon-like adventure to defeat (insert evil Pokémon here), that's fine, but beyond that, you might have subplots involving them falling in love with each other, them trying to get used to their powers, all kinds of other things. You're going to have to come up with those yourself because, well, we can't really be there for you all the time to write the story yourself. Not to mention it'd be much more satisfying to you if you came up with your own idea and to us to read your creativity at work.

With that being said, my advice is, if you're suffering from a lot of writer's block, to do any number of the following:

1. Look hard at your characters. You've already got a halfway decent plot as it is. Kids get turned into Pokémon. They don't know why. They set out on a journey to figure it out. Just add the reason and maybe (if applicable) some antagonists, and you've got yourself the skeleton of a story.

2. Think about what you want to write about. Yes, what you want to write about. Another reason why we can't give you a plot? Because not everything floats everyone's boats. For example, I hate writing sappy romance a la some romantic comedy film, but I love writing dark fic. If someone asked me to write sappy romance, I'd go for about two pages before someone gets bound and tortured. Short of it is, ask yourself what kinds of genres you're most interested in. Are you more of a fantasy person? Science fiction? Do you like happy endings or sad ones? Things like that. (No, I'm not expecting an answer to any of these. Do not answer these questions to get me to come up with a plot for you.)

3. Tied in with the above, read, watch some TV or movie, listen to music, do a lot of other things that are in the same genres as what you want to write about. That should give your brain a jumpstart in order to think of potential ideas.

4. Read a lot of fanfiction too. Fanfics on this forum are also sorted by genre in the Fanfiction Index. You can use that as a tool to guide yourself to your genre(s) of interest.

5. Open up a blank word processor document or your notebook and write down notes. They can be anything from backstories and more information about your characters to whatever pops into your mind first. Getting the thoughts from your head to someplace where you can see them and go back over them can help you keep track of your ideas as well as add to them later. Something might pop up the longer you go about doing this.

6. When you've got a general concept or few, take it here and put it up. In the Plot Bunny Thread, you can get feedback on your thoughts as well as a few nudges in the right direction. However, remember. Don't go there until you come up with a general idea first.

Tl;dr, sorry to say, but it's a good idea to sit down and push yourself to think of a plot instead of asking others to do it for you. You can, though, if you work hard enough on it. Good luck!

Need some light reading?
Anima Ex Machina (Chapter 20 now available)
The Leaf Green Incident (SWC 2012 winner)
Braid (Creepypasta apparently)
Domain | Dreamwidth | Twitter

Last edited by JX Valentine; January 18th, 2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Somebody ninja-merged the thread, so...
Old January 18th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Thank you, I'll work on it.
Helps me a lot.
Old January 21st, 2011, 09:26 AM
Roxasabridged
Lucariowner

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxasabridged
I had this idea a while ago. I've not done much with it, but I may sometime in the future:

It's set in a Mystery Dungeon kind of 'verse. Exact locations are still lacking, but anyway...

The story follows 'Team Rio', comprised of a Riolu (Rio), Plusle (Axel) and Minun (Mina). Rio is a bit of an overconfident, unlike-able 'mon, who only teamed up with Plusle and Minun because a team was required to become a Rescuer.

Rio wants to become a Rescuer simply for the fame and recognition. One day, when exploring a 'Dungeon' for himself, he saw the two Pokemon being attacked by a Poochyena. After saving the two, he basically conscripted them as repayment.

The Rescuer Guild is split into three factions who deal with a part of the region: the 'Endless Flame' faction, run by Charizard. 'Infinite Water', ran by Blastoise', and 'Eternal Nature' ran by Venusaur.

After being accepted, the group do various tasks. Rio, of course, is angry that he only gets menial tasks that won't earn him fame, Axel is angry at being forced to accompany Rio and being forced to hang back and let Rio do the work, and Mina tries to settle in with the guild.

However, during one their 'menial' missions, they encounter a mysterious group, who claim to be after 'Apocalypse', stated to be untold disaster that will bring ruin to the region.

After an initial defeat, in which Mina is injured badly, Rio and Axel have a rather serious fight, before Rio decides to accept help from the twin Pokemon (And by extension, other Rescue Teams).

Once Mina recovers, the group's relations increase, as does their fame as they rank up, but the looming threat of 'Apocalypse' still bothers them. The threat was treated as a 'Maniacal fantasy that wouldn't come to fruition', but when Pokemon that live near Dungeons start going berserk, the matter is finally treated seriously.

Again, the group meet with the group (Which they learn is called the 'Acolytes'), as well as their leader. A Lucario, who claims to be Rio's brother.

... Well, not to ramble on about every little detail in the story, it basically follows the adventures of a Riolu who learns to accept help and realise that fame doesn't necessarily mean being an all powerful loner, and just happens to form a group that take it upon themselves to prevent 'Apocalypse' from happening.

And for those curious on some more details on Apocalypse...

Spoiler:
It's basically 'Arceus: Chaos Mode'. A frenzied Arceus whose only goal is to destroy the world it once created. Problem is, once summoned, it's power needs time to build, so if an experienced group happens to confront it... who knows what would happen?
Old January 21st, 2011, 12:14 PM
JX Valentine
Your aquatic overlord

Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
A Mystery Dungeon fic that isn't actually a cookie-cutter, human-was-turned-into-a-Pokémon Mystery Dungeon fic including a jerkass main character and promises for shenanigans? Yes, please.

Seriously, this sounds like it'll be an awesome fic, just because of your main character.

Spoiler:
I'm a little bit iffy about the Arceus part (because it sounds a lot like Primal Dialga), but on the other hand, you're also not telling us why Arceus is deciding he wants to be axe-crazy now. I'm not saying you have to. Just saying that and how you go about that in general will be the key points in deciding whether or not that'll actually be the one part of the fic that ends up sounding a lot like generic MD fics. Given the rest of the concept, I have a feeling you'll be able to avoid a cookie-cutter feel anyway.

Good luck!

Need some light reading?
Old January 21st, 2011, 01:16 PM
Roxasabridged
Lucariowner

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxasabridged
I never meant to have similarities to Primal Dialga (Never got that far in the game...) but as for why he's now evil...

Spoiler:
Not worked out the full details, but right now, the reason is currently due to the ritual needed to summon him, combined with the... 'darkness' and immense will of Rio's brother is enough to overpower Arceus (which could be temporary, but enough time to wreak plenty of havoc at least).

Glad you like it, although I don't have the time to really get it written right now. Plus I know I'd screw it all up at some point down the line.
Old January 21st, 2011, 02:58 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
The team attempting this 'ritual' would need their motivations and so forth for doing so established as well, I feel, but I agree with Jax that it certainly seems interesting!

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Oh, maybe you know about that game that has Professor Layton meeting Phoenix Wright? It crossed my mind when I read what fandoms you were writing about.

Anyhow, speaking of Layton, Phoenix (and Luke, right? Please tell me Luke's in the story), what's their role in the story? They have to figure out what's going on at this hotel? You only talked about the woman. And I have to say... She sounds like she has the more interesting story. Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to read more about the woman. But it'll be interesting to see how Layton and Wright work through the clues to figure out her back story.

But yeah, I can see that the back story itself is a little rough. Maybe...

Spoiler:
Maybe have the machine the father uses transfer the brain waves? They're connected through it, and it seems to make more sense to me than to have twin B transfer after her death. And then twin A is upset that her sister has the ability to take over her mind. (Like, the two sisters don't really like one another, or twin B doesn't like twin A for being better, since twin A continues to grow up and owns a successful B&B.)

Or maybe twin B's just mad that twin A survived. But that would come after twin B died, and it just makes more sense to me personally to have the brainwaves transfer as the two sisters were connected by the machine. And as I sort of demonstrated, that way you can have the sisters be more developed and show a deeper hatred on the part of twin B than just that her twin got to live and she didn't "deserve" to.

If that makes sense.

But this does look interesting, and I'd like to hear more about the parts of Wright and Layton.
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Dragonite Ernston
I rival Lance's.

The Cyrus x Giratina shipping needs some love (YES PUN INTENDED).

Somebody should write a story about that shipping. It exists in name only. I mean, come on. They're the only two beings in the Distortion World; something's bound to come between them.
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

@Impo: Yeah, that covers it. Your second spoiler is definitely what I was looking for in terms of back story for the sisters. I like it.

You probably don't want as many puzzles in your story as there are in the game. Really, just have enough to show Layton's skills, and then a few scenes that shows Phoenix's skills. (You'll have to forgive me. I've never played an Ace Attorney game! Only Professor Layton.) That way, there's the basis of what both characters do, and you can use the scenes to have them build respect for one another while solving the mystery.

There's the possibility of using the canon characters' pasts to add to the story. You can always see if there's more to their history that you can use.

But yeah, your post is clear, and I'm liking your story so far.

@Dragonite Ernston: Are you asking for someone to write some Cyrus x Giratina? You do know that there are quite a few ships on that grand shippers' list that don't have fic written for them*. Maybe see if there's even a demand for fic of that ship? I haven't even seen anyone mention it elsewhere, so I don't know how many other people would even think of exploring that ship. But if you start talking about it (like you did now) you might bring someone's attention to it, and they'll start exploring it.

*Baw to no Blazeshipping love.
Old January 30th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Dragonite Ernston
I rival Lance's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
@Dragonite Ernston: Are you asking for someone to write some Cyrus x Giratina? You do know that there are quite a few ships on that grand shippers' list that don't have fic written for them*. Maybe see if there's even a demand for fic of that ship? I haven't even seen anyone mention it elsewhere, so I don't know how many other people would even think of exploring that ship. But if you start talking about it (like you did now) you might bring someone's attention to it, and they'll start exploring it.

*Baw to no Blazeshipping love.
Well, I've got two people on Bulbagarden hooked on the idea.
Old January 30th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
@Impo: Yeah, that covers it. Your second spoiler is definitely what I was looking for in terms of back story for the sisters. I like it.

You probably don't want as many puzzles in your story as there are in the game. Really, just have enough to show Layton's skills, and then a few scenes that shows Phoenix's skills. (You'll have to forgive me. I've never played an Ace Attorney game! Only Professor Layton.) That way, there's the basis of what both characters do, and you can use the scenes to have them build respect for one another while solving the mystery.

There's the possibility of using the canon characters' pasts to add to the story. You can always see if there's more to their history that you can use.

But yeah, your post is clear, and I'm liking your story so far.
yay, thank you
and you haven't played an Ace Attorney yet :o
bite your tongue ! Go buy it
(and that made me realise i have to describe characters for those who haven't played the series x) )

The story will incude a Magatama, to squeeze the truth out of witnesses and people.
Luke Flora gets one from Pearl in the end.

One problem I'm having, I'm not quite sure how to make the two groups intervene. And how to make them stay as a group. Basically gain their trust. I think I'll do it through puzzle-solving and magatama truth squeezing.

Also, should I let one of the characters do some spirit-channeling? To summon Mia or maybe the Twins Father?

..oh, and here are the characters from the stories I'm going to include;

Professor Layton
Professor Hershel Layton
Luke Triton
Flora Reinhold

Ace Attorney
Pheonix Wright
Maya Fey
Pearl Fey
Miles Edgeworth/Franziska Von Karma
Mia Fey (minor character, channeled)

Vigoroth
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera
Paired to ShiningRaichu
Old January 30th, 2011, 10:53 PM
JX Valentine
Your aquatic overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite Ernston View Post
Well, I've got two people on Bulbagarden hooked on the idea.
Yeah, but that's Bulbagarden. *shot*

Seriously, though, if you want there to be Cyrus x Giratina, then by all means, write Cyrus x Giratina. We can't really tell you not to go after a pairing, and we can't really help you go for it (in this thread, anyway) if you don't tell us what you want to do with it. After all, this is the plot bunny thread. You kinda have to have an actual plot to help us out with our end here.

As for the pairing itself, sure, there's possibility. There's possibilities for all kinds of hilarity, angst, whatever-floats-your-boat with the shipping in the list. My advice is, though, to just go ahead and post a one-shot to test the waters and figure out how the chemistry between both characters works. Curious shippers might check out your story, and bam. Instant advertising for more one-shots, a longer fic, or the pairing in general.

Need some light reading?
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:40 AM
Dragonite Ernston
I rival Lance's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JX Valentine View Post
Seriously, though, if you want there to be Cyrus x Giratina, then by all means, write Cyrus x Giratina. We can't really tell you not to go after a pairing, and we can't really help you go for it (in this thread, anyway) if you don't tell us what you want to do with it. After all, this is the plot bunny thread. You kinda have to have an actual plot to help us out with our end here.
Alright. Well, it was supposed to be a one-shot about their experiences in the Distortion World, being the only... well, beings there. And how, you know, after a long enough time spent stuck together by themselves, something would come between them. Perhaps Cyrus gains a heart or something.

Anyway, I am planning on writing something like this myself. I just wondered if anybody else liked the idea.
Old January 31st, 2011, 08:39 AM
JX Valentine
Your aquatic overlord

Quote:
Alright. Well, it was supposed to be a one-shot about their experiences in the Distortion World, being the only... well, beings there. And how, you know, after a long enough time spent stuck together by themselves, something would come between them. Perhaps Cyrus gains a heart or something.

Anyway, I am planning on writing something like this myself. I just wondered if anybody else liked the idea.
Still sorta vague because it can go either way. You can either have Cyrus just brooding endlessly, or you can do awesome things. (For example, I saw this pairing once on a kink meme. The author had Cyrus transform into Zekrom via Giratina's powers. It was kinda amazing.)

The reason why it's really hard to say whether or not a pairing can work is because the pairing itself doesn't make or break a fic. Sure, it might not be everyone's cuppa. For example, I don't particularly care for the idea of Cyrus and Giratina being in a mutually romantic relationship because I'm not that into Pokémon x human... unless, I guess, one of them is turning into a Zekrom, but hey. It's a similar notion to not everyone being into same-sex pairings. For some people, it wouldn't interest them, no matter how awesome the plot idea was, but that shouldn't really stop you from doing it. After all, when you write a shippy fic, you're not catering to the people who just wouldn't like it because of what they think of interspecies relationships or sexual orientation or whatever. You're catering to the people who would give it a chance, and trust me, there's always going to be people who give pairings like that a chance. Let's face it. If no one gave a crap about that pairing, it wouldn't be on the shipping list in the first place, right?

But back to the point. Pairings don't make or break a fic itself. It's all in what you do with it -- how you handle the plot (if there is one in the case of smut), how you handle the details, and most importantly, how you handle the characters. Namely, treat them as in-character as you can, have them react exactly as they would to a relationship, make the shift in characterization seem natural, that sort of thing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that a pairing is not a plot and that every pairing has the potential to be interesting to someone. You just have to take a risk and do something with it, and whether or not it works depends on how you handle the characters and their relationship with each other.

Need some light reading?
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:24 AM
Dragonite Ernston
I rival Lance's.

Quote:
I guess what I'm trying to say is that a pairing is not a plot and that every pairing has the potential to be interesting to someone. You just have to take a risk and do something with it, and whether or not it works depends on how you handle the characters and their relationship with each other.
Ah well. Perhaps I just have the wrong idea of what a plot bunny actually is.
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:47 AM
JX Valentine
Your aquatic overlord

Quote:
Ah well. Perhaps I just have the wrong idea of what a plot bunny actually is.
Oh, it's a bit complicated. A plot bunny is basically a story concept. For example, this would be a plot bunny:

"Holy crap! I have this idea about Ash going to get a gallon of milk, but Brock normally buys the milk for the group. So, Ash has no idea how the entire thing works, and shenanigans happen. And I've had it in my head for awhile, and it won't go away."

Notice how the above quote describes what the story is actually about and not just who's involved or what the loose concept is? Basically, a plot bunny is that, particularly if it either refuses to leave your mind or grows into a larger story. (A bunny itself is generally a very loose plot idea. You have the "what happens in this story" part down, but it doesn't have the full shape it would have in a full-fledged story.)

Or, in shorter terms, it's a plot bunny if it answers the question, "What is this story about?" Just having a pairing only answers the question, "Who's in this story?"

Need some light reading?
Old January 31st, 2011, 09:53 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit

a little more plans with my fanfic,
should i make Phoenix and Layton and they company meet inside the hotel as guests?

my ideas are a couple of posts above, so i don't have to repeat myself

Vigoroth
Paired to Naya Rivera
Paired to ShiningRaichu
Old February 1st, 2011, 12:35 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post
a little more plans with my fanfic,
should i make Phoenix and Layton and they company meet inside the hotel as guests?

my ideas are a couple of posts above, so i don't have to repeat myself
That'll work. You can pick one team or the other to write about in the beginning. Like, say, Layton and his company are traveling around when they arrive to the town. Looking for a place to stay, they go to the hotel and see Phoenix and his company in the common room. They don't really meet then, but both sides pay attention to one another (since that's what they do). Once the mystery starts, Layton talks to his company to try and figure out what happened. Phoenix and friends overhear him, and the two sides decide to join forces to solve the mystery.

That's how I picture it happening. You might have something different in mind, but to me, this works better and shows what both sides can do.
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:39 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit

Quote:
That'll work. You can pick one team or the other to write about in the beginning. Like, say, Layton and his company are traveling around when they arrive to the town. Looking for a place to stay, they go to the hotel and see Phoenix and his company in the common room. They don't really meet then, but both sides pay attention to one another (since that's what they do). Once the mystery starts, Layton talks to his company to try and figure out what happened. Phoenix and friends overhear him, and the two sides decide to join forces to solve the mystery.

That's how I picture it happening. You might have something different in mind, but to me, this works better and shows what both sides can do.
i was kinda thinking that while in the hotel Twin A is overcome by Twin B and she takes Flora and Maya (or maybe someone else not in Layton or AA), thinking one of them is her sister.

Then the two parties intervene to help save them both (with a puzzle inbetween) they find Maya and Flora strapped into chairs and Twin B shines a light on them, realizing neither are Twin A, so she runs away and then one more puzzle and they flee from the hotel. (it's about one o'clock, so they try to find somewhere to stay).

They both go to a hotel and stay there (they become friends), then the next morning Pheonix groggily answers his phone, where he finds out he has to defend the woman. The person on the phone (anonymous) states that it's not the girls fault and hangs up. Pheonix takes the job and Layton offers to help him with his case.

Pheonix agrees and they go back to the hotel in the day to investigate.
Some clues they find are;
A diary with different names as entrants;
A photo frame with Twin A and Twin B;
Second Investigation
A phonebook with 'Mum' in it;
The room with the machine;
A safe with the electrical cord used to strangle the father;
"Lady at the funeral words" (where she says a limozine went missing with a coffin in it a day before Twin B's death, the mother returned shortly after with it. Also that the twins death wasn't open casket, which is strange as it is a family tradition of theirs to have it.)

And they find the mothers house and realize that the twins mother killed the father, as what really happened is the mother sold her husbands research and forced him to experiment on the twins. She would say she would murder them as a threat to the father, so he went along with the experiments. The day when Twin B died sent the father insane. When the mother got home she took the father to a mental hospital.

The people at the mental hospital rang and notified the mother that the father had been screaming that: "It wasn't his fault, it was her, she did it!", the mother realised that he meant her and the death of Twin B. So she took her husband out of the mental place for a day and killed him (need to find a way where a clue can be left, i'm thinking she took her back to the place where the experiment took place, strangling him with the cords of the machine). Then on the day before the funeral for the Twin, she took the limozine and placed the body in with Twin B. The funeral took place as planned, no one the wiser.

--

I know i said before the Twin was buried under a false name, but i changed it to she had a funeral, but her father was also placed in the same coffin as her.
I just need some more clues so they don't just take jumps in logic and complete the puzzle with missing pieces.

Vigoroth
Paired to Naya Rivera
Paired to ShiningRaichu
Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:04 AM
Bay Alexison
Not a Baygel

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
"Holy crap! I have this idea about Ash going to get a gallon of milk, but Brock normally buys the milk for the group. So, Ash has no idea how the entire thing works, and shenanigans happen. And I've had it in my head for awhile, and it won't go away."
Dang it Jax, now I want to write a story base on that plot bunny! XD;

But yeah Dragonite Ernston, Jax is right about shipping stories. Plot, details, and the characters are the main things to make sure you're doing it right. One of the main problems shipping fics have is that the characters not being themselves when they're in a relationship. I know when I did my first shipping story (for a different fandom) not long ago, I was pulling my hair over if I did the characters right, oi.

As for your Giratina/Cyrus idea, I'm actually interested over how you're handle the paring. What you have so far is vague, but hey, it's a start! Perhaps you can think of a few situational ideas what would spark the two of them to have an interest with one another (like the Cyrus transform to Zekrom idea Jax mentioned and needs to link me to that kink meme story)?

And Impo, sorry for not responding to your idea. I'm not too familiar with Ace Attorney nor Professor Layton, so I can't help you there. D: I'm sure many people will be interested in that crossover, though!

[PC Fanfiction Index] [Nothing, Everything] [Quiet Admiration][The BBS] [MyAnimeList][Archive of Our Own][FFnet]
[Partner in Crime: Elite Overlord LeSabre™] [Cousin: Astinus] [Avatar: suspecting from LJ]

Last edited by Bay Alexison; February 2nd, 2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:43 AM
JX Valentine
Your aquatic overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Alexison View Post
Dang it Jax, now I want to write a story base on that plot bunny! XD;
Oh, please do. XD I'd love to see it myself.

Need some light reading?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links