Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Post Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:32 PM
Quickster's Avatar
Quickster
Dream or Drop?
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Man, I thought this was over when I seen the open beta idea over at The Pokemon World. But it's good to see you back in action, I cant wait to see what new features you have in store for us. :D
I laugh looking at this.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

  #27    
Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
Dark Sceptile's Avatar
Dark Sceptile
Psychic Lover
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
Hehe well not exactly restarted but more continued from where it was left off.
I meant restarted as in the project was brought back and started up again.
  #28    
Old February 3rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
OtherAlias's Avatar
OtherAlias
Just another alias.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Oh man, LC is back! That's awesome. I can't wait for the upcoming beta. But damn, this thread's so dead, LC should be getting so much more hype.

Best of luck with future betas and projects LAZ!
Huh.
  #29    
Old February 3rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
E.C.'s Avatar
E.C.
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charicific Valley
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
this thread should have some banners, i wanted a banner for this hack.
  #30    
Old February 4th, 2011, 02:15 AM
linkandzelda's Avatar
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hastings, England
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ View Post
this thread should have some banners, i wanted a banner for this hack.
I do have some banners in the old thread. I'll get those and add them here.

EDIT: Banners added to first post.

Last edited by linkandzelda; February 4th, 2011 at 02:41 AM.
  #31    
Old February 4th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Pokémon Grey's Avatar
Pokémon Grey
Generation V
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Unova
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
nice job
love ur work brah
BTW who will be the final battle? (since Red won't be...)
  #32    
Old February 4th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Lugiaz Soul's Avatar
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
How about making a nicer thread? Like Pokemon Sienna's for example.
  #33    
Old February 4th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Matugi
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I hope you guys fix some of the glitches, like the Amnesia glitch in Silph Co.

I loved this game when I played through it last time. Tiling was superb. Although, the weather effects seemed a little redundant or unnecessary at times.
  #34    
Old February 4th, 2011, 03:56 PM
linkandzelda's Avatar
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hastings, England
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAvAcOlA View Post
Holy crap the seagull pimp is back. I thought you had given up.


...so were you pissed when HG and SS were announced?
Hehe well i wasnt the best bit pleased with hg/ss. It didnt capture any nostalgia at all for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Grey View Post
nice job
love ur work brah
BTW who will be the final battle? (since Red won't be...)
The final battle? im not gonna reveal that but maybe you can work it out from the events of beta 2.1 and how they end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anel View Post
can i also be beta tester
Sorry but, the list of beta testers is on the front page and the positions are full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
How about making a nicer thread? Like Pokemon Sienna's for example.
Tbh its not the highest priority. I would much rather spend time working on the beta when i already have a full thread which serves its purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matugi View Post
I hope you guys fix some of the glitches, like the Amnesia glitch in Silph Co.

I loved this game when I played through it last time. Tiling was superb. Although, the weather effects seemed a little redundant or unnecessary at times.
Amnesia glitch? care to explain im not aware!

UPDATES: Well im tested and i just finished Goldenrod City. already hit 7 hours on the game clock.
  #35    
Old February 4th, 2011, 10:06 PM
PatJamma's Avatar
PatJamma
♪I can hear my heart bell♪
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: A secret place at Lake of Rage
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
hey did you ever fix all the bugs with certain trainer's pokemon freezing the game? example being Silver's kadabra (I think) in the fight at victory road?
Lies! I was never here! Purple taste like crayons!
Signature under construction
  #36    
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:49 AM
uchiha sasuke's Avatar
uchiha sasuke
I'm glad I'm one of them!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 21
Gender: Male
It's been almost two years since I played you game link and it's awesome to see you're back.

I know you are not trying to be Zel, but I enjoy your rivalry. Once he appeared you showed up with Liquid Crystal, too!

Best of luck to you my friend and I hope you do remember what you said in your previous thread. "You are determined to finish this hack"
Let's see then if you can take it to the very end, especially since your plot is very advanced compared to other hacks. (sorry guys, I've lost interest in rom hacks, so I may be unfair with some new rom hacks which actually might be even better than the old ones)

Considering glitches, I remember two freezing points, both of them being pointed out above. Although none happened to me, back at the days of glory I used to read that people's gameplay was crashed either with that Kadabra in the victory road or in Goldenrod City (sorry for spelling mistakes) during team rocket beating event.

Looking forward to see your progress!
Let your graphics man Zeikku to retake the job. I bet he will still amaze all of us.
Best of luck Link, now that the remake duo is back!
my platinum fc: 0861 0965 3604
  #37    
Old February 5th, 2011, 03:26 AM
linkandzelda's Avatar
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hastings, England
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJamma View Post
hey did you ever fix all the bugs with certain trainer's pokemon freezing the game? example being Silver's kadabra (I think) in the fight at victory road?
Well yes i fixed it twice as i lost the first fixed rom :(. I tested the 3 battles i was aware of which were Price's rematch and silvers kadabra and also Brendan's krumpurt. The battles didn't freeze multiple times so i hope thats not luck :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha sasuke View Post
It's been almost two years since I played you game link and it's awesome to see you're back.

I know you are not trying to be Zel, but I enjoy your rivalry. Once he appeared you showed up with Liquid Crystal, too!

Best of luck to you my friend and I hope you do remember what you said in your previous thread. "You are determined to finish this hack"
Let's see then if you can take it to the very end, especially since your plot is very advanced compared to other hacks. (sorry guys, I've lost interest in rom hacks, so I may be unfair with some new rom hacks which actually might be even better than the old ones)

Considering glitches, I remember two freezing points, both of them being pointed out above. Although none happened to me, back at the days of glory I used to read that people's gameplay was crashed either with that Kadabra in the victory road or in Goldenrod City (sorry for spelling mistakes) during team rocket beating event.

Looking forward to see your progress!
Let your graphics man Zeikku to retake the job. I bet he will still amaze all of us.
Best of luck Link, now that the remake duo is back!
Thanks for the glitches. I believe they both are sorted and don't worry Zeikku is on the job ;).
  #38    
Old February 5th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Pokémon Grey's Avatar
Pokémon Grey
Generation V
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Unova
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
will u add 4th generation pokemon?
  #39    
Old February 5th, 2011, 03:48 AM
linkandzelda's Avatar
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hastings, England
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Grey View Post
will u add 4th generation pokemon?
Heres a quote from the FAQ section of the first post:

Quote:
Q: How about fourth generation poke?
A: Nope. There should be enough poke to have enough fun.
And another quote:

Quote:
Make sure you read this before posting.
  #40    
Old February 5th, 2011, 10:26 AM
INV
Togepi
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
YAY ur back!
I played the last beta and I really liked this hack
Cant w8 for the orange islands,Will u make them a special league like in anime?
I know its too early to ask but still,When all of this is planned to come out?
  #41    
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:32 AM
StuartJr2000
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Yeah! 4sure one of the bests pokémons (including original and hack roms) i've already played, congratulations!
I am from brazil and a lot of friends wanna this release too!
Good luck and good work!
Ah, btw do u have any release date? Just try some date, it's terrible to see "Coming out 2011" since we r in JAN yet...
And this time... can u make a item location faq? Srsly bro, i can't find king's rock to put on my poliwhirl ._."

Well, good luck we r supporting!
  #42    
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Carlomagno92
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
The last beta was awesome, I really liked this hack; but Link, can you make again the sprites like, Charizard, Pikachu, Suicune, Gyarados,...? (For example)

And other thing, the champion music (Like Red & Lance) Why do you not use the same music from HG/SS, or similary? HG/SS are smaller than your hack, but i think, you can use some sprites or music to create "the atmosphere" of one remake.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Peru xD

Edit: I hope news from Beta 3.1
  #43    
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:27 PM
linkandzelda's Avatar
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hastings, England
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by INV View Post
YAY ur back!
I played the last beta and I really liked this hack
Cant w8 for the orange islands,Will u make them a special league like in anime?
I know its too early to ask but still,When all of this is planned to come out?:P
There is not really a special league in LC just battles between the 4 leaders and then the Orange Champion. Maybe there will be some tough puzzles or something to make it different :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartJr2000 View Post
Yeah! 4sure one of the bests pokémons (including original and hack roms) i've already played, congratulations!
I am from brazil and a lot of friends wanna this release too!
Good luck and good work!
Ah, btw do u have any release date? Just try some date, it's terrible to see "Coming out 2011" since we r in JAN yet...
And this time... can u make a item location faq? Srsly bro, i can't find king's rock to put on my poliwhirl ._."

Well, good luck we r supporting!
A release date? Well i cant say anything and will not as i never stick too them. Plus it puts pressure on me. But i can say this: I'm already tested and am up to ecruteak city. I have quite a few extras to still add in to the game but nothing major like new story stuff. So perhaps you can work out when the release would be from that. I can safely say it will be before Easter unless something major happens like a seagul attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlomagno92 View Post
The last beta was awesome, I really liked this hack; but Link, can you make again the sprites like, Charizard, Pikachu, Suicune, Gyarados,...? (For example)

And other thing, the champion music (Like Red & Lance) Why do you not use the same music from HG/SS, or similary? HG/SS are smaller than your hack, but i think, you can use some sprites or music to create "the atmosphere" of one remake.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Peru xD

Edit: I hope news from Beta 3.1 ^^
Well thanks for the offer but i need LC to have a different feel. I'm aiming for a nostalgia based new feeling which isn't like HG/SS. LC needs a unique atmosphere if you get me.

I havent planned on remaking those sprites for this beta even though they arnt exactly awesome I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saartje View Post
i have made a request for a savegame for a other pokemon hack


please check that before someone delete this


its in the savegame exchange
Umm... I'm sorry but what has this got to do with the hack?

"other pokemon hack" shows that entirely...
  #44    
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:30 PM
giradialkia's Avatar
giradialkia
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
ATTENTION, PLEASE.

Just a heads-up, can people please be sure to keep their posts topical and generally wholesome in this thread? I know there's a lot of excitement about the return (kinda) of Liquid Crystal, and its upcoming beta but if posts get too generic or SPAMmy then steps will have to be taken.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!



This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
  #45    
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:46 PM
jjnerdful's Avatar
jjnerdful
Never post
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Hey this hack is back! It was one of my favorite hacks many moons ago (why didn't you come back and finish this sooner >.<).

Just a suggestion -- do you think there's any possibility of adding moves like Nintendo did when they remade G/S/C?

For example --
Charizard can't learn Thunderpunch and Solarbeam (both of which exist in Gen III) in Gen III, but it can in Gen IV.
So maybe you could add in stuff like that for various pokemon for various TMs. I don't know, just an idea to make each pokemon more variable.
  #46    
Old February 5th, 2011, 03:03 PM
linkandzelda's Avatar
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hastings, England
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnerdful View Post
Hey this hack is back! It was one of my favorite hacks many moons ago (why didn't you come back and finish this sooner >.<).

Just a suggestion -- do you think there's any possibility of adding moves like Nintendo did when they remade G/S/C?

For example --
Charizard can't learn Thunderpunch and Solarbeam (both of which exist in Gen III) in Gen III, but it can in Gen IV.
So maybe you could add in stuff like that for various pokemon for various TMs. I don't know, just an idea to make each pokemon more variable.
So your saying technically upgrading the learned moves and tms as they currently exist in Gen 4 or 5?
  #47    
Old February 5th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Lunedi
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender:
can you return the link center in CP's? U_U its the only form for obtain all starters :C and..i find a new bug...i select Totodile how my starter,and Silver too

Paz~

PD:sorry my bad english i speak spanish
  #48    
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:44 PM
jjnerdful's Avatar
jjnerdful
Never post
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
So your saying technically upgrading the learned moves and tms as they currently exist in Gen 4 or 5?
Uh, something like that without adding all the new moves Gen IV and V added. Think that's doable?
  #49    
Old February 5th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Carlomagno92
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Hi Link, well, your hack is original and I understand the reason, but Link, in the case of Sprites, there are someones very ugly or weird, for Example, Gyarados looks like the Yellow Version (I think, in the red/blue version Gyarados looks more agressive) but is only 1 suggestion, the hack is yours, but i really recognize you did a good job in this hack. I prefeer one millon times your hack, before the HG/SS.
  #50    
Old February 5th, 2011, 06:01 PM
laserblade14's Avatar
laserblade14
LC Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wellington, Nz
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Very impressed, this hack has grown heaps. Dont know if its been mentioned (too lazy to look ) but hopeful your removing the weather?






Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:50 AM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.