The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
So no long exposition with Legendary Pokemon (and occasional villainous teams) nods? Oh, well.

Is it me, or does Zorroa remind me of a very elaborate Ditto?

I might as well jump start the live-blogging, if anyone is interested.
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Meduza
Majestic Dawn

They should of played this BEFORE the final episode, since Ash just left Dawn and brock, and now their back together. ._.

Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Oh, well, what can you do?

Nice to see Celebi and the three Legendary beasts, again. Cute bugger.

Although, why Kurt to Carl? But, hey, he's voiced by Wayne Grayson, so I can't complain too much.

(Probably the only time I have ever heard "mainstream media" in the dub. Works for me. Heh.)

Update: Apparently, the movie is starting to shape as a "Take That" against the media and how they can distort things, I approve.
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:47 PM
ZoroarksIllusion
Zoaorak master of illusions

Nature: Brave
This movie is epic i hope someone posts the movie on youtube so i can watch it whenever
Old February 5th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
Watched it with my younger brother.... Loved it. It seemed to have a different atmosphere from the other movies. It felt a bit more intense. Zoroark's capture, its "death", Kodai's background, him strangling Celebi, his ending, which was a completely awesome moment for Zoroark... I thought it was great. The animation was excellent, too.

I wish CN didn't cut the first 10 minutes, though.
Old February 5th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Draknir
The God of Fire

Nature: Quiet
I find it completely stupid that they skipped the intro, and then finished fifteen minutes early. If they truly are idiots they are now wondering why this happened.

I personally found this movie more enjoyable than the last one. Zoroark basically destroying the square it first dropped into was just plain awesome. Zorua's dub voice definitely fits a mischievous child. When they create the big illusions, it is truly awesome.

The beasts were also awesome, and I am so totally not biased about them at all. *brick'd* I'm surprised that they only knew one of their special moves, though one can say that the events were given them to add more pizazz to them.
Old February 5th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Did anyone else notice the "la-la-la" from when Celebi made its departure, via time-travel? It's faint, but there. Nice nod to the 4th movie.

Also, I'm glad to see Mightyena not being used by a criminal, as Mightyena is or are associated with the villainous teams (Butch, Team Magma).
Old February 5th, 2011, 06:32 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
I watched this movie with my mom and she enjoyed it. I thought it wasn't that bad at all. Celebi was so cute. I wished they didn't skip the intro of the movie though. They missed out the important facts that we needed to know.
Old February 5th, 2011, 07:39 PM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
And... the credits got sped up again. And the intro got cut. And the Z's didn't have a stated gender or relation. And it ended fifteen minutes before it was supposed to. (Comcast listed the movie as running 7-9, not 7-8:45!) TPCi and Cartoon Network SUCK.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old February 5th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Meduza
Majestic Dawn

I wonder why they cut the first 10 minutes...

If it was for commercial breaks, than they should of just played random Pokemon episodes instead of the Giratina movie, than there would be time for the opening and ending.

I haven't seen it yet, but I hope it's good.

Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011
Old February 5th, 2011, 09:35 PM
MysticFlygon
Rookie Hacker

Nature: Naive
I live in California so I just caught the movie and thought it was purely epic. The animation just keeps getting better with every movie and for the most part, the storyline too. It was nice to not see some villain trying to catch some legendary Pokemon and take over the world with it. In the end I have to say I was happy with the movie and I'm looking foward to BW airing next week.

Soul Silver FC: 0217 9584 1711
Old February 5th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of this one. I'll praise it for its beautiful animation, but this movie seriously lacked action. It also was missing that feeling adventure, it really just felt like a longer episode. It wasn't bad, it was just boring.

tl;dr: Not enough lasers.

Paired to cr4y

Old February 5th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Jmath
*blank*

Send a message via Skype™ to Jmath
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
And... the credits got sped up again. And the intro got cut. And the Z's didn't have a stated gender or relation. And it ended fifteen minutes before it was supposed to. (Comcast listed the movie as running 7-9, not 7-8:45!) TPCi and Cartoon Network SUCK.
Why TPCi? They weren't the ones who cut anything. Cartoon Network on the other hand...
Old February 6th, 2011, 10:27 AM
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Send a message via Skype™ to The Mega Champion
How nice...

Call me when there's a DVD release/DVD release date.

Then we'll talk.

Until then... I don't care for this movie nor will I watch it.

=/

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5.

2015 for PS3 & PS4

Old February 6th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
This movie gave me some mixed views.

It was bad enough that they cut off the beginning introduction of the film, but the movie itself had its ups and downs. The storyline I liked; it was definitely something a bit different from what we've had the past few movies. However, the way they went about producing it all and fitting it together could have been done a little bit better in my opinion. For instance, I felt like even though the movie was 2 hours long, it seemed to be moving at a fast pace for me. I think they should have taken more time with the storyline, because it was a good idea they had, and the movie wasn't at its worst, but it could have been better I guess.

I definitely give props to the animation though. Except, in a lot of parts of the movie, I didn't like how they sketched out and animated Zoroark. In some scenes the body was all weird, and then sometimes Zoroark's face looks badly drawn. Zorua was great though! The voice actor for Zorua was perfect I think, it definitely fit the character well.

We saw lots of Hoenn Pokémon though, did anyone notice that? From the Linoones, Brelooms, Mightyena, and more. I only wonder if this hints off any RSE remake (just saying). XD;
Old February 6th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

I was guessing it was hinting at a R/S remakes too. xD

Haven't been able to finish the movie yet, due to not having the time. So I'm about half way through. So far it's cute, though. The animation is really awesome, I think that's my favorite part, honestly. I was more hyped at the commercial for Black and White than at the actual movie, thus far. It's not bad, but it's not quite as epic as some of the other movies. At least not to the point I'm at..

Zorua's voice is cute, though. I'm hoping to hear Zoroark talk too, but I'm doubting that will actually happen. Baaaw.

The best part was the Legendary dogs destroying the city. That was pretty beast.
Old February 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

LOLz Not only did they cut the begining but they cut the ending credits too from what I saw, it only makes me dislike Adventure Time more >> Any ways I really liked this movie, I mean its not one of my favorites or any thing but it was much better than the 7th movie to me. Animation has improved a great deal over the years of Pokemon, I'm amazed with it now. I really liked the ending LOLz First time I saw it I really did think that was Ash leaving by himself the others waving good-byeXD Still I knew it was forshadowing of him going to a new region, every one still argued over that, silly I know. Over all it was a good film and I still need to buy movie 12 and hopefully this one will be coming out soon on DVD too, cuz than I can just buy both at the same time.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old February 6th, 2011, 05:22 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
I didn't get to watch it all last night, I didn't know it was on and missed the 1st hour, but did get to watch it in full today and maybe again later if I feel like it, but I liked it some what, I thought it should have had some kind of epic battle some where!!
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:05 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

I really liked this movie. However, I do think that they should have added another hour to the movie and slowed everything down. It was a little fast but not TOO fast, so this con isn't really a problem. I think it will be better when you watch it on DVD commercial free since it seemed like this quick flow problem may have been caused by the commercial placement and amount of commercials. Just when I start to get into it, there is a commercial break after every eight minutes. Thanks a lot Cartoon Network. Anyone think that the commercials should have been placed at the end of the move in that fifteen minute time frame? Overall, it has two new awesome looking Pokemon-and one has a cute voice-and the animation looks great. I especially loved the violence. It is my second favorite movie now, after beating out Pokemon Heroes and sending it to third place and almost topping Lucario and the Mystery of Mew(My favorite movie of all time because it stars my favorite Pokemon). It also shot Zororoak up to my second favorite Pokemon and Zorua to my third. Pokemon movies get better and better. Why can't the animate the show like that? 9 out of 10
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:32 AM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
TPCi Not Happy About Cartoon Network's Movie Cut

Thank goodness that TPCi actually cares about their product. I was frustrated with them for being lazy about updating the BW opening's silhouettes periodically over time. They've redeemed themselves a bit with this stance on what Cartoon Network. I haven't watched Movie 13 yet, but cutting out 10 minutes of footage necessary for the story is just wrong. And apparently, Cartoon Network performed the cut just to show more advertisements (I've heard the movie showing was infested with breaks) and a 15-minute episode of Adventure Time (if it was a rerun, it makes the whole ordeal worse). CN is only hastening its decline and deterioration with their uncalled-for truncating of the Zoroark movie - for advertisements, no less.

Also, I just learned that Ethan/Hibiki actually battled Ash! I'm unsure if he had a speaking role, though... But it's cool that Gold now has two anime counterparts: Jimmy and "himself". If only the "original" Red (FireRed design) were shown in the anime now...
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Wow thats great news, and I agree - i'm glad they have some consideration for most of the viewers and their product.

About Ethan:
Spoiler:
Ethan only has a breif cameo at the start of the usual "World Of Pokémon" opening, no speaking role, just 5 seconds of screen time. xD

Old February 17th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Meduza
Majestic Dawn

I'm glad it's clear TPCi isn't to blame and it was really Cartoon Network squeezing in more commercial time.

But I'm also glad this happened since we won't see this cut version of the movie eevr again. I like stuff like that, don't ask why.

Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:45 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Oh yeah I remembered that Ethan was in the opening and was hopping to see him in it during the English version. Too bad he wasn't in there for long.
Old February 27th, 2011, 10:06 AM
travisjb90
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
This was an awesome Movie. Probably my favorite Pokemon Movie. Zorua was an awesome character! He was funny an cute. I liked when he turned into everyone. I liked how he called Zoroark Mema. Zoroark was so awesome! I loved all the action in this movie. Kodai was a very evil and very interesting character. I liked Carl and Roweena they were cool. It was cool seeing journalists. The Three Legendary Beasts we so cool and awesome too. I like how they were shiny. It was cool seeing Celebi! Celebi was a very cool character to have in the movie.
Old March 12th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Meduza
Majestic Dawn

The movie just played on YTV (A Canadian version of Cartoon Network) and we got both the first 10 minutes and the ending.

The ending songs is actually pretty good.

Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links