The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 2nd, 2011, 09:15 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl:
Sinnoh League Victors
"Memories Are Made of Bliss"

In detication to the Diamond and Pearl saga, I made this thread a little early since this is the last episode. By this, we can speculate a bit of how it will be presented for example; BGM, VA etc... compared to the japanese original.

I'm interested to see weather they keep the ending Lalala, since it's only played when they Leave on the ship, the bits where Ash and Brock seperate and Ash running to pallet town are still after. It would be cool if they left it how it was, or changed it to english lyrics.

Last edited by Mew~; February 2nd, 2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:52 AM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
One hour until it airs! Goodbye Brock (for real this time) and Dawn.

The time has come...
It's for the best, I know it...
Who could have guessed that you and I...
Somehow, some way, we have to say goodbye.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old February 5th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
And DP is finished... Wow. Huh.... It feels kinda strange. Anyway, I don't have much to say about the episode. I thought it was handled very well. I felt a little empty/sad at the end...

Well... Onward to Black & White! DP was awesome, and I hope BW is just just as good (if not, better!)

Before that though, I have a Zoroark movie to watch. XD

Last edited by Blue_Drifblim; February 5th, 2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old February 5th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I've wanted to get this off my chest for so long now, but why? Why did they have to change the episode's title? "Memories are Pearl! Friendships are Diamond!" was so perfect, it shouldn't have been touched. "Memories Are Made of Bliss" is just so, it has no deep connection like the Japanese title did.

Other than that, the episode was satisfying for the final episode of Sinnoh.

Also, did we finally get the definition of a Pokémon Master? One who competes in the Championship League and successfully defeats the region's champion.
Old February 5th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post
Also, did we finally get the definition of a Pokémon Master? One who competes in the Championship League and successfully defeats the region's champion.
There is no exact definition of what a Pokemon master is. A Nintendo representative even stated this when asked:

Quote:
I'm very sorry, but the Pokémon Company does not answer questions of this nature. It is the intent of the Pokémon creators that such questions be left to the imaginations and interpretations of Pokémon fans, adding more excitement and mystery to the Pokémon universe.
A Pokemon master wins battles against tough trainers, we know that much. The champion's league is just a part of Ash's dream.

This was the most epic Team Rocket battle ever, Meowth even got in on the action. Did anyone notice how powerful Torterra was in this episode? Was he just holding out on us?

Paired to cr4y

Old February 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post

There is no exact definition of what a Pokemon master is.
I also remember after Ash and Paul's battle(3 weeks ago episode) was done that Cynthia said "Paul and Ash, someday soon they'll both will be entering the champion league and how I'll be looking forward to see that day".
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:39 PM
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

Hard to believe that the DP saga is over; on to Black and White!

I enjoyed this episode a lot, although Piplup was a bit overdramatic. Team Rocket's new mission (and the fact that they actually got a mission) is puzzling me. What could it be?????????

And to Dawn: Why couldn't you just let Ash sleep a little longer? He needs his rest after putting up with you for four seasons.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old February 5th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by joacen View Post
And to Dawn: Why couldn't you just let Ash sleep a little longer? He needs his rest after putting up with you for four seasons.
On top of that, Dawn electrocuted Ash to wake him up from his slumber. What if he died?

Pearlshippers are crazy.

Paired to cr4y

Old February 5th, 2011, 07:35 PM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

I agree, PearlShippers are crazy. Ash belongs with Misty.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old February 6th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Fithboy
The Lego Man

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fithboy Send a message via Yahoo to Fithboy
I know all the posts in this thread are gonna be emotional and stuff but I would have loved to see Dawn fall off the jetty at the end !
Old February 6th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
I absolutely loved this episode. No more of Piplup! =D And it was really nice to listen to Tears after Cloudy Weather again as well.
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:23 AM
mzmingle
Okay What?...

i liked it!
the Hi - 5 at the end was awesome too, though thet always do that now.
seeya Brock. Real now. Your only coming back for an hour special
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Meduza
Majestic Dawn

I loved the episode, and it ameks me sad to see this series end, even though I love the next one.

I personally would of loved to of seen Dawn, Ash and Brock go to Kanto. I blame two people for this not happening, James for even starting the whole Tentacruel thing on the boat, giving Brock the idea of being a Doctor, and Johanna for even giving Dawn that Magazine from the Pokemon Stylist.

I'm glad they have their dreams, I'm just sad to see them go their seperate ways.

Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Not as emotional an ending as the Japanese version...I cried all through Kimi no Mune ni Lalala because of the little slideshow of clips throughout DP. Dub was meh. Still sadder than May's departure, but in Japanese it was the best.

-*hopes for all BGM in last episode* *greeted with screechy music* D:
- Starting like the first ep~ Sortas
- Of COURSE Ash is going to enter in another league, Dawn..
- Brock's heart eyes came up at a weird time right after Ash's jungle outfit...
- I got tears in my eyes AGAIN when Pikachu started crying along with Piplup o__O
- Wow, forgot about Sudowoodo
- Wow, the dub opening is such a sucky song to use as a battle song
- ...They cut the slideshow ending. Knew it would happen, but how sucky an ending from you, TPCI

Music kept: (7):

Dawn goes to wake up Ash
TR theme
Piplup disappears
Tears for a Cloudy Day
Satoshi's New Theme
Kimi no Mune ni Lalala Instrumental
Ash and Brock together at the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post
There is no exact definition of what a Pokemon master is. A Nintendo representative even stated this when asked:
And apparently they wanted to keep Pikachu's gender "ambiguous" before it was revealed in a random DP episode. It was just their elaborate way of saying they didn't know exactly what the point in Ash's journey was, since saying the point of the series is seeing through Ash's dream of becoming a Pokemon Master...but not knowing what that is for over 10 years seems kinda...y'know. So they make up that and hope people believe it. My optimistic view on the matter :D
Old February 6th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
And apparently they wanted to keep Pikachu's gender "ambiguous" before it was revealed in a random DP episode. It was just their elaborate way of saying they didn't know exactly what the point in Ash's journey was, since saying the point of the series is seeing through Ash's dream of becoming a Pokemon Master...but not knowing what that is for over 10 years seems kinda...y'know. So they make up that and hope people believe it. My optimistic view on the matter :D
How would you even define what "master" is in Pokemon, or even real-life sports? Say that some boy set out on a journey to become the master of soccer/football. When would he achieve his goal? Let's say this very same boy became a professional player. Would he be a "master" then, or would he still have to become one of the best in the whole world? Even if he did have to do that, many younger players would look up to that now grown-up kid as a "master" when they compare his skills to theirs.

What I'm saying is that being a "master" at something is very subjective. I personally don't think the title "Pokemon Master" is anything official, but the anime may correct me in the future.

Paired to cr4y

Old February 6th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Ah, I see what you mean. I was thinking that in the Pokemon world there is a set idea of what exactly a Pokemon Master is, seeing as I'm sure other people have used the term (or has my memory gone dry? o.O) but they have not bothered/don't know yet how to define it precisely so they don't have to say exactly how Ash is going to end his journey. But I see now that it may just be Ash's own term for his own idea of being a really good trainer. However, I still think Nintendo's answer is just saying "we don't know yet" to whether "Pokemon Master" is either one of those things. :P
Old February 6th, 2011, 12:03 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Well I saw the episode yesterday and was a little late to post, I loved it a lot and lets please keep shipping hate out of this topic. I could say Pokeshippers are crazy for having some one like Misty liking Ash, so yes lets keep that in the shippers debate thread shall we? The one thing I did like was Dawn waking up Ash, that was always a favorite scene of mine, even in when watching it in the Japanese version. Sadly she woke him up with Pikachu, that had to hurt but Ash is used to it so LOLz. Animation was great as was the music, yah I really liked the music they used here. I'm also glad they had that high five in the episode, always Pearlshippers favorite. Last thing, Ash saying no need to worry and cheering up Dawn, that was great. I'm still hopping for Dawn to get a cameo in the next series but some thing tells me no. Over all I'll miss this series, it was a great while we had it, Dawn/Pearlshipping/Paul/Barry yah.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:15 AM
tmega1990
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Bashful
This was an awesome finale to Diamond and Pearl. I liked everyone's goodbyes. I felt sad for Piplup when he was crying. Itw as cool that Buneary was picked to be a Pokemon model. I liked that Brock decided to become a Pokemon Doctor. One of my favorite parts was when Ash said "Goodbye Pokemon Doctor Brock" and then Brock said "Pokemon Master Ash". That was a great goodbye for those two friends. I can't wait for next season to start!
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:18 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Gosh even in the English version I cried. This was the second time I seen this and had cried in this episode. Usually the last episodes of series are sad. Pikachu got me to cry again.
Old February 8th, 2011, 09:51 AM
X Latios

Nature: Quiet
Really good way to finish the series, I know a lot of people don't like her but I'm going to miss Dawn (though not her Piplup) and even though Brock spent most of the end of D&P just telling us "Type X is super effective against type y, but I'm sure trainer z will have taken this into account" I'm going to miss him too. Looking forward to the 1hr specials during BW.
Pikachu crying was one of the saddest things I've seen watching pokemon and it worked really well to get the emotion going (though I did laugh slightly that Staraptor and Torterra just stood there all srsface )
Looking forward to the new series now! It will take some getting used to if Pikachu and Meowth are the only pre-B&W we see during this!

Use Soul Silver unless otherwise stated
Old February 13th, 2011, 06:56 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Ugh...the last episode of the Diamond and Pearl Generation, and of all Pokemon it just has to remind me of BLISSEY.

Quote:
I've wanted to get this off my chest for so long now, but why? Why did they have to change the episode's title? "Memories are Pearl! Friendships are Diamond!" was so perfect, it shouldn't have been touched. "Memories Are Made of Bliss" is just so, it has no deep connection like the Japanese title did.

Other than that, the episode was satisfying for the final episode of Sinnoh.

Hmm...personally, I was wishing for the title "Diamonds Are A Pearl's Best Friend". It's punny, and it captures part of the original title's meaning. I have to agree, though, using the original title would have been very fitting, as it doesn't really need a pun to express the intended meaning. "Memories Are Made of Bliss" could easily have been saved for a future episode that deals with memories/bliss, but instead they had to waste it on this episode that had two amazing title alternatives. Such a shame...

I didn't have a chance to watch this episode, so I can't comment much... I did hear that they cut something out in the credits that was present in the original Japanese version, which is annoying me.

My definition of a Pokemon Master remains firm: a Pokemon Trainer who has captured all the Pokemon currently known in his or her respective PokeDex. Anyone who conquers the Pokemon League (Gym Leaders, Elite 4, presiding Champion, and Frontier Brains to an extent) is called a Pokemon Champion. Tough and elite Trainers are just...tough and elite Trainers (The CoolTrainer and Ace Trainer titles work as well).

I'm going to miss Dawn, though...and I haven't even gotten to meet her in Generation 4 yet! This sucks. And I haven't properly challenged Brock in FireRed and HeartGold either...

Well, goodbye, Brock. You gave us a good run over the past few years, ever since your Onix first clashed with Pikachu in Pewter City Gym back in the Original Series... I hope you become a doctor one day. And I hope you actually get to breed something in your lifetime. I'd say for you to tell us how it goes, but I really don't think I want to find out.

And at last, farewell majestic Dawn. :cer_love: You endeavored to win ribbons, train Pokemon, and remain very hot, all while managing your starter Piplup who kept on bothering you outside its darn Poke Ball and tried to be Pikachu. Kudos for multi-tasking. Keep on being cute, and we'll see you in that DP Special...eventually! Remember to take care of Pachirisu!

FortuneShipping FTW.
Old July 27th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Riptobazooka
Unhatched Egg

I just saw it again on Disney XD a couple of weeks ago here in Japan. I still cried...

I think D&P was the best in the series.

But not to worry, Dawn is on Best Wishes Season 2!
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

I remember watching this episode back before Pokemon: Black & White premiered in Australia and I literally cried.

Sinnoh was a pretty good saga and my fave scene was probably when Piplup didn't want to say goodbye to Pikachu.

I mean, this was a tearjerker episode done right.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old September 14th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I remember watching this episode back before Pokemon: Black & White premiered in Australia and I literally cried.

Sinnoh was a pretty good saga and my fave scene was probably when Piplup didn't want to say goodbye to Pikachu.

I mean, this was a tearjerker episode done right.
Oh man, I'm glad it's not just me xD The scene with Pikachu and Piplup was just... omg. I cried too :( It was such a sad episode but it was a perfect ending, plus Buneary's new job sounds wonderful haha. I also loved how Team Rocket were shown in this episode becoming much more official suggesting that they'd be a much bigger part in the next series and actually act seriously for a change. (Though it's debatable that this actually happened... :p) But yeah, I thought this episode was the perfect ending to the saga and it was incredibly emotional :3

Sponsored Links