The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 15th, 2010, 12:16 PM
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Okay, as one of the beta testers, and official persona of DrFuji's plaything youngster rival, I am here to tell you guys how COOL this hack is.

--It has great tiles
--It has great palettes
--It has great scripts
--It has my first ever made OW in it
--It has B/W pokemon properly inserted
--It has a great storyline
--It has greatness

I have no further bugs to report, so I hope you continue to amaze us with Lilac. Great job so far :D

Oh, and for you guys not played it yet: there are a lot of hidden items to find, so search well

Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
I've played a little bit of the Beta, and I've seemed to hit a snag. I found Oak in the cave, and followed him to Bolderville, but after he entered the Trade building (thus after the guy offered me the egg), I went into the Trade Building, and notyhing happened. I roamed the town a bit, and, trying to leave to the south caused me to be stopped by that Youngster- whereas I could freely wander into the grass to the West of town. I encountered a Pokemon, having none of my own, and I fainted. Could this have been a problem on my part, or is there a slight problem with it?
  • You MAY experience trouble when trying to enter the building where you recieve your starter. The music must be turned on in some cases to advance.

That's what DrFuji said.

Your knight from the plane of light
Old December 15th, 2010, 12:30 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
I've played a little bit of the Beta, and I've seemed to hit a snag. I found Oak in the cave, and followed him to Bolderville, but after he entered the Trade building (thus after the guy offered me the egg), I went into the Trade Building, and notyhing happened. I roamed the town a bit, and, trying to leave to the south caused me to be stopped by that Youngster- whereas I could freely wander into the grass to the West of town. I encountered a Pokemon, having none of my own, and I fainted. Could this have been a problem on my part, or is there a slight problem with it?
As NiKa said, that was reported once during testing but it was found that you were able to progress by turning on the sound.

If you are still having problems, please tell me D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKaNoRoU View Post
Okay, as one of the beta testers, and official persona of DrFuji's plaything youngster rival, I am here to tell you guys how COOL this hack is.

--It has great tiles
--It has great palettes
--It has great scripts
--It has greatness

I have no further bugs to report, so I hope you continue to amaze us with Lilac. Great job so far :D

Oh, and for you guys not played it yet: there are a lot of hidden items to find, so search well ;)
It is a good OW and a you're a cool youngster so I regret nothing

Thanks for all of your help, NiKa :D
Old December 15th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
The bag glitches up after looking at the town map I received from the sailor dude.
Old December 16th, 2010, 04:33 AM
cazzler
Feraligatr FtW!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
This game is awesome! The scripts, maps, story, I wish you all the best with this hack.
I caught a shiny wurmple too, talk about luck...
Old December 16th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Sky

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 12345
Ah, I'm playing your hack and I really like it, especially the text box and the mountain and grass tiles.
But I think you may improve the palette of Stilwal Town, that will be better. Other things are good, too.
Good luck!

Favorite Pokemon Game: GBA-Emerald, DS-Platinum, Dungeon-Red/Blue, Ranger - Guardian Signs
Old December 16th, 2010, 12:29 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
The bag glitches up after looking at the town map I received from the sailor dude.
That was already in the list of bugs :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzler View Post
This game is awesome! The scripts, maps, story, I wish you all the best with this hack. :)
I caught a shiny wurmple too, talk about luck...
Thanks for that :)

Congratulations on the shiny! If you were lucky enough, there was a specific place where you could have find another shiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Ah, I'm playing your hack and I really like it, especially the text box and the mountain and grass tiles.
But I think you may improve the palette of Stilwal Town, that will be better. Other things are good, too.
Good luck!
I'm glad that you're having fun :D

Any specific palette in Stilwal?

Last edited by DrFuji; December 16th, 2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old December 16th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Kid nino
Oshowatt/Wotter <3

Nature: Bold
To be honest, the more I see of this hack the happier it makes me. Not necessarily because the hack is improving significantly (even though it is) but because I really enjoy how enthusiastic your help is.

In all honesty, it's not usually the skill of the hacker that makes or breaks the games but the level of dedication and enthusiasm there is among staff.

In other words, please keep up the good work I wish you luck. :]

Dimond Code: 0903 5137 8885
Old December 16th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

I like how there's a big chance of finding a shiny in the crate on the shore of Fleetwood.
And, I have an idea! Can you make it so that sometimes when you run over a flower, some kind of bug or flower Pokemon can attack you. If you were to do that, this would be the first game that has that feature.
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon Lilac.png‎ (5.7 KB, 45 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Lugiaz Soul; December 16th, 2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old December 17th, 2010, 01:33 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid nino View Post
To be honest, the more I see of this hack the happier it makes me. Not necessarily because the hack is improving significantly (even though it is) but because I really enjoy how enthusiastic your help is.

In all honesty, it's not usually the skill of the hacker that makes or breaks the games but the level of dedication and enthusiasm there is among staff.

In other words, please keep up the good work I wish you luck. :]
Why, thank you :)

I'm happy you're enjoying the hack because that's the kind of guy I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
I like how there's a big chance of finding a shiny in the crate on the shore of Fleetwood.
And, I have an idea! Can you make it so that sometimes when you run over a flower, some kind of bug or flower Pokemon can attack you. If you were to do that, this would be the first game that has that feature.
Congratz on the shiny Grimer.

Yeah, that would be an interesting feature, but I'd prefer to keep my flowers as they are. I already have a lot of grass in some parts, so I wouldn't want to inconvenience anyone else by making them avoid flower tiles If their Pokemon are injured or something.
Old December 18th, 2010, 11:57 AM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking

Typo I found.
Look what else I found 8D
Old December 21st, 2010, 04:46 PM
toastier
da bomb. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKaNoRoU View Post

--It has great tiles
--It has great palettes
--It has great scripts
--It has greatness

Oh, and for you guys not played it yet: there are a lot of hidden items to find, so search well ;)

• You MAY experience trouble when trying to enter the building where you recieve your starter. The music must be turned on in some cases to advance.
That's what DrFuji said.
and that's what she said! -dadoomduumph!-
hahahahahaha... hoo... that is some funny stuff right there...

ahem! anyways,
this hack looks veryyyy promisiingg! :D i really like the palm trees, and the flattish trees that you used, as well as the ability to capture shiny pokemon. this is the first hack i've evurr seen that has those, unless i've just never been lucky enough to get them. xD
i am really looking forward to playing this once i find the time. :)))

Old December 24th, 2010, 01:23 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by altariaking View Post

Typo I found.
Look what else I found 8D
Silly me and my typos

Why is everyone finding shinies in my game? I want some shinies too ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastier View Post
and that's what she said! -dadoomduumph!-
hahahahahaha... hoo... that is some funny stuff right there...

ahem! anyways,
this hack looks veryyyy promisiingg! :D i really like the palm trees, and the flattish trees that you used, as well as the ability to capture shiny pokemon. this is the first hack i've evurr seen that has those, unless i've just never been lucky enough to get them. xD
i am really looking forward to playing this once i find the time. :)))
idontgetit...?

There are a couple of other hacks that allow players to catch shiny Pokemon is specific areas, so its not like you can't find better other hacks that have that feature. I hope you enjoy it when you play it :)

Finally got a header for updates and whatnot Credits to PokemononTrainerd for this and part of my sig.

Anyway, I won't be doing much in the coming days due to Christmas and responsibilities with family and friends, so here is a minor update. Route 6 is beginning to take shape, where a character from you'll meet a character from your past (As seen in this screenshot). It will most likely change soon, as I don't like the placement of the bridge D:

I'm also planning to go over all of the flags already present in the ROM, seeing as I rarely wrote down which ones I used so most of them have no discernable order.

Rate, subscribe, comment - Do what ever you wish and have a merry Christmas and some happy holidays :D
Old December 24th, 2010, 02:21 PM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Youngster CJ?
Looks cool
Also, on the route south of Stilwal town, past the cut tree, there is a guy who has a double battle with you and uses two Miltanks. However, the battle ends when you defeat only one of The Miltanks. I'll upload a screenshot of it when I'm not feeling lazy >;O
Also if I had beat his other Miltank my Quilava would have evolved.
Old December 26th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

This hack is quite good :3

I like how you put yourself in the game
I noticed that trade house guy mention you

and the tiles is good :3

and is it coincedence the Cj catches larvitar and the title screen has a tryantar?
Old December 27th, 2010, 01:00 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by altariaking View Post
Youngster CJ?
Looks cool :)
Also, on the route south of Stilwal town, past the cut tree, there is a guy who has a double battle with you and uses two Miltanks. However, the battle ends when you defeat only one of The Miltanks. I'll upload a screenshot of it when I'm not feeling lazy >;O
Also if I had beat his other Miltank my Quilava would have evolved.
Yup.

Hmm... That's quite strange. He isn't indicated as being a double battle in A-Trainer, yet he is behaving that way in your game. Thanks for that bug though, I'll fix it soon.

I apologise to your Quilava.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
This hack is quite good :3

I like how you put yourself in the game
I noticed that trade house guy mention you

and the tiles is good :3

and is it coincedence the Cj catches larvitar and the title screen has a tryantar?
Thanks.

I dunno, is it a coincidence? :3
Old December 27th, 2010, 04:19 PM
fadeawayrequiem
Beginning Trainer

I'm having an issue playing the beta. I have the sound activated because I saw someone else had the same problem. When professor oak goes into the trade building and I follow him, absolutely nothing happens. I'm unable to progress further than that because I am not given a pokemon. If I go left from the town and run into the grass, I automatically lose because I don't have a pokemon.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:06 AM
drauszewski
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bold
graphics are gorgeous. love some of the terrain sprties. keep it man man looks awesome

==<>Pokemon Emerald Trinity<>==
Old January 16th, 2011, 11:24 AM
pantoniou
Beginning Trainer

Excuse me but Lunar Ips doesn't seem to recognize the beta1 patch file. Has this hapened to anyone else ?
Old January 20th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Poke2011
Beginning Trainer

i found a bug! try talking to any t.v. and it says something about the dishes and plates

sorry i cant post a screenshot

Last edited by Poke2011; January 20th, 2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old January 21st, 2011, 07:20 AM
Nerketur
PokéScripter

Nature: Quirky
Ok, I looked at this soley because it was in the top two (at the time of this posting) for HotM. Until I looked at it, I was wondering why in the world people liked this game over Super Rising Thunder. (Personally, I still like that one better) But this is still awesome. Now that I've seen pictures, videos... This is certainly a strong contender. I love how you added that broadcast from the "official" game. It made me want to actually play it, and a few bonus points. I wish you luck on your hack, and I really, really hope you stick with it until the end. This hack is going into my supported hacks, and that's saying something, as I don't normally like the hacks that follow the tried-and-true story of town-based, TR enemy gameplay. You sir, are awesome. I'm glad I visited. =)

Hacks I support 100% (MUST SEE!):

Very well made hacks:

My work:
Figuring out scripting in PMD
Entire script map of LeafGreen
PMDSE (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Script Editor)
Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:15 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Sorry for not replying for a long time, but I've been taking some time off working on Lilac since my last update and I didn't really want to comment on it while I wasn't working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeawayrequiem View Post
I'm having an issue playing the beta. I have the sound activated because I saw someone else had the same problem. When professor oak goes into the trade building and I follow him, absolutely nothing happens. I'm unable to progress further than that because I am not given a pokemon. If I go left from the town and run into the grass, I automatically lose because I don't have a pokemon.
I have a plan that will hopefully circumvent this sort of problem in the beginning. While I haven't implimented yet, I might release a slightly updated beta which will allow people with affected ROMs to progress.

I'm sorry for any inconveniece caused :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drauszewski View Post
graphics are gorgeous. love some of the terrain sprties. keep it man man looks awesome
Haha, thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantoniou View Post
Excuse me but Lunar Ips doesn't seem to recognize the beta1 patch file. Has this hapened to anyone else ?
Not to my knowledge. Are you linking it correctly to a BPRE FireRed ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke2011 View Post
i found a bug! try talking to any t.v. and it says something about the dishes and plates

sorry i cant post a screenshot
lol. Thanks, I'll get to that immediately :P

Also, thanks for supporting - It means a lot :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerketur View Post
Ok, I looked at this soley because it was in the top two (at the time of this posting) for HotM. Until I looked at it, I was wondering why in the world people liked this game over Super Rising Thunder. (Personally, I still like that one better) But this is still awesome. Now that I've seen pictures, videos... This is certainly a strong contender. I love how you added that broadcast from the "official" game. It made me want to actually play it, and a few bonus points. I wish you luck on your hack, and I really, really hope you stick with it until the end. This hack is going into my supported hacks, and that's saying something, as I don't normally like the hacks that follow the tried-and-true story of town-based, TR enemy gameplay. You sir, are awesome. I'm glad I visited. =)
I'm glad that you're enjoying Lilac even if you like SRT more so thanks for commenting :)

There is a reason for the G/S/C broadcast in the game as I plan on it being a major storypoint. Thanks for the compliments and supporting Lilac, it is very much appreciated :D
Old January 24th, 2011, 05:14 PM
pantoniou
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote originally posted by pantoniou:
Not to my knowledge. Are you linking it correctly to a BPRE FireRed ROM?
The problem happens before the patching. As soon as I choose the ips file with LunarIps it says "unable to open the file for reading".

Last edited by pantoniou; January 26th, 2011 at 04:15 AM.
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Espuwott
ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL

Nature: Modest
Is there a Zip file For the game? Also Is it Possible that you can put me in the game?

Last edited by Espuwott; February 5th, 2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old February 5th, 2011, 05:52 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKasnAp View Post
Is there a Zip file For the game? Also Is it Possible that you can put me in the game?
The initial file is WinRAR (Somewhat similar to a .zip) which is free and easy to download if you search for it in Google.

As for putting you in game, I'd prefer to know a person more before taking that step.

I should have an update in few days, but I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me in the HotM thread, and congratulate Cutlerine and Pink Parka Girl for making the voting process with me - I hope you both have more luck this month :3

Oh, and thank you to Gira for making the 'official' award, and destinedjagold for making the 'unofficial' award :>

Old February 6th, 2011, 12:22 AM
mkc90
Togepi

Hey bro everything looks awesome hopefully u dnt tease and actually finish the hack goodluck

And thanks
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links