The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Oh, it's back.

I wonder how will Orange Archipelago look like. Will they be similar to its anime counterpart?

Also, try to make the Orange Islands map look similar to the official one. It really annoyed me in Sergio's Naranja that his Orange Archipelago map was merely a broken Hoenn map.

Also, minor detail (from what I've seen on a screenshot) - why isn't Vermillion Harbor a building?
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:01 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunedi View Post
can you return the link center in CP's? U_U its the only form for obtain all starters :C and..i find a new bug...i select Totodile how my starter,and Silver too :S

Paz~

PD:sorry my bad english i speak spanish
In the next beta there is linking capabilities in the Pokécom Centers only which are in Goldenrod City and the Orange Islands. That totodile bug with beta 2.1 was fixed a while back. Thanks for mentioning it though ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnerdful View Post
Uh, something like that without adding all the new moves Gen IV and V added. Think that's doable?
It's possible. If someone can get me a full list of changes comparing the differences rather than a full list of what they are then i can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlomagno92 View Post
Hi Link, well, your hack is original and I understand the reason, but Link, in the case of Sprites, there are someones very ugly or weird, for Example, Gyarados looks like the Yellow Version (I think, in the red/blue version Gyarados looks more agressive) but is only 1 suggestion, the hack is yours, but i really recognize you did a good job in this hack. I prefeer one millon times your hack, before the HG/SS. ^^
Haha thanks. Some of the sprites are old we have a few planned possibly for this beta but if not it will be the next/final beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserblade14 View Post
Very impressed, this hack has grown heaps. Dont know if its been mentioned (too lazy to look ^^) but hopeful your removing the weather?
Im not removing all the weather only the annoying ones like sandstorms. Theres an updated weather system which reflects the current season your in in real life like summer, winter etc although that currently only works for UK seasons. It's possible that in time I add weather patterns for other regions too. I will miss sandstorms so might add them in like 1 in 100 chance you get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
Oh, it's back.

I wonder how will Orange Archipelago look like. Will they be similar to its anime counterpart?

Also, try to make the Orange Islands map look similar to the official one. It really annoyed me in Sergio's Naranja that his Orange Archipelago map was merely a broken Hoenn map.

Also, minor detail (from what I've seen on a screenshot) - why isn't Vermillion Harbor a building?
With vermillion and other maps ive changed it so there isnt an underhouse for the harbor, same with olivine city.

The orange islands maps will be nothing like what they are in the anime. Infact I'll be mapping each one from scratch and from my head. The town names are completely different unless i add a major event from the anime which is possible. From whats in the beta 2.1 i added the Gs ball event. Its important that people know that my orange islands wont follow closely the story of the anime, infact not at all. The only ones are events i pick out like the crystal onix, the snorlax and stuff like that. Also the island names will be used from the anime like valencia island and sunburst island but again, not the town names.

I hope people arnt expecting to play through the orange islands exaclty how they were in the anime because it wont happen like that. The plot for there is 90% custom and totally different.
Old February 6th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Matugi
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post

Amnesia glitch? care to explain im not aware!
If you were fighting one of the Team Static grunts in Silph Co, I think towards the top of the tower, they had a Quagisre that if it used Amnesia, your game could freeze.
Old February 6th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Carlomagno92
Beginning Trainer

I forgot about another "bug". Well, when I was shopping TM's in Goldenrood, I bought Ice Punch, but my Feraligart, can't learn, and my Noctowl can learn (Is because Ice Punch Work like Reflect or Light Screen). The same way, thunder punch, and fire punch.
Old February 6th, 2011, 03:36 PM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matugi View Post
If you were fighting one of the Team Static grunts in Silph Co, I think towards the top of the tower, they had a Quagisre that if it used Amnesia, your game could freeze.
Ah that. That was also caused by the battle glitch which caused silvers kadabra to freeze. So its fixed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlomagno92 View Post
I forgot about another "bug". Well, when I was shopping TM's in Goldenrood, I bought Ice Punch, but my Feraligart, can't learn, and my Noctowl can learn (Is because Ice Punch Work like Reflect or Light Screen). The same way, thunder punch, and fire punch.
learnable tms have been also done to about 99% correctness. I'll ask that people post any oddities they find with them here after i release beta 3.1.
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Andrew McKenzie
Meh.

Nature: Relaxed
It's great to hear that you guys are back to making this the best you can.
I was upset when I heard it was cancelled and the then-called final beta was only being
released to a limited amount of people, to either continue themselves with your advice or
to just play to its limit...

But now that this is being continued by the original creators, I must say, I am extremely excited!

I did play it to my heart's content after I applied and you sent it on.
But now you're back.
Sincere good luck guys! Make this the best you can!
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Good to see this back, LaZ. I've already played some of it, since I was accepted for the continuation, but it'll be interesting to see what you have planned for this. The Orange Islands is something that definitely caught my interest. Good luck, and I hope to see this project completed soon

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Happy to know that one of my favorite hack is back in Business.
I Love Jhoto more than any other regions.
Hope New beta will be here soon and we can Play it again.
BTW, Is there will be any change of tiles or 4th or 5th generation Pokemon in the next version?

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old February 7th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkerm View Post
BTW, Is there will be any change of tiles or 4th or 5th generation Pokemon in the next version?
This should help you:

Q: How about fourth generation poke?
A: Nope. There should be enough poke to have enough fun.

Old February 7th, 2011, 06:18 PM
MikeMatt15
Beginning Trainer

This hack is absolutely amazing. Great job. I found an issue though, when in the rocket warehouse in Mahogany, the trainer sent out a ditto, and when it transformed, it froze my game...

Also, I have a question, In the Q/A you said that the dogs will be like crystal, so are you saying that after I confront Suicune, Raikou and Entei will be free and we can find Raikou and Entei in the wild?
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2 XTREME View Post
This should help you:

Q: How about fourth generation poke?
A: Nope. There should be enough poke to have enough fun.
Well, that not bad. Although in HG & SS you can find 3rd and 4th Generation. anyway, Waiting for release.

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old February 8th, 2011, 11:50 AM
rollnik
Beginning Trainer

hi, what about following you starter? any plans with it?
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollnik View Post
That at the moment is practically impossible to add to a hack.

Old February 8th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...
Community Supporter Tier 4

Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
Quote:
Well you've obviously never experienced enough rom hacking
for starter following.

Anyways on topic, I linky or your nickname pinky w/e
I hope you've fixed those extra bugs and looking forward
to basically the proper beta 3
(that other one is like 2.5).
Old February 9th, 2011, 05:47 PM
jAvAcOlA

How come instead of making guys like Scyther and Onix evolve at high levels you don't just make it so leveling them up once with a steel coat or whatever item the certain pokemon needs evolves them? Then it's more like the real games in that you can evolve it pretty much on immediate access to the item. For the original four- Alakazam, Golem, Gengar, and Machamp...there could simply be in-game trades. There is then no tearing apart the evolution system.

And on a side note...Red's sprite. Zeikku's one bad sprite. Doesn't really look anything like Red, and makes him look like a dweeb.

Also, to your above point about adding Gen IV and V moves...I think a much better investment would be to incorporate the physical/special split that was introduced in Gen IV. Would that even be possible?

Last edited by jAvAcOlA; February 10th, 2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old February 10th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I Love LC! ~ Can't wait for Beta 3.1 especially with the Orange Islands

Old February 10th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Nature: Adamant
Huh Liquid Crystal is back eh? I can honestly say I didn't see this coming.

Oh well, either way I can't wait for the release.

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old February 12th, 2011, 10:41 AM
MikeMatt15
Beginning Trainer

I cant continue the game as the trainer freezes on his 2nd pkmon in silph co.
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM
knightangelx
Unhatched Egg

hey guys.i was playing the game and was in silph co.the game messed up and i had not saved for a while so i just saved there.i tried to open the game again but it doesnt open and shows a black screen but i can hear sound in background and also go to the menu.can anyone help me?i really do not want start all over again.appreciated.
Old February 17th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Just took another glance at the new screens <3

Goldenrod now has a beach :D (prepares to spend hours running up and down)
Old February 17th, 2011, 11:16 PM
AMZMA
◄♪Begin Your Day With Musics♫►

prepare my self for beat this hack for 6th times.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

How big can a hack can be? I'm supposing it isn't like HG/SS/G/S/C rubbish kanto instead it would be the full sized kanto from Red/Blue/Firered/Leafgreen. I played but never got that far yet. Reason why I haven't in cause I would have to restart for the orange islands because of the changes like the Goldenrod City beach

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old February 18th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAvAcOlA View Post
And on a side note...Red's sprite. Zeikku's one bad sprite. Doesn't really look anything like Red, and makes him look like a dweeb.
I'll make my return now. It was only a matter of time.
I never made those sprites, so your point is invalid. All crappy sprites will be improved, without a doubt.

First things first:
Do you guys like the Tileset I made so far? - There's more to create/add soon. Originally, we were going to strip the ROM of all default tiles, but in a way it'd lose the Pokémon feel. I'd hate this hack to look amazing, but have it's event-based element being awful.

An apology:
I've been out of action for a while now, so I'm not going to lie - I've lost a lot of interest in ROM hacking due to me becoming a Journalist for The Dashhacks Network. I play games and get paid for it, so I have little time to hack ROMs. I've also got a lot more responsibilities now, including a girlfriend, University and enjoying the last year of being a teenager (I'm 19 now).

Linkandzelda asked me to do some sprites last week which I haven't forgotten, but I recently got hit with a temporary ban regarding my PlayStation account due to producing hacks for the PlayStation 3. I've spent the last few days getting rid of the traces of these hacks and beating the games I illegitimately downloaded. I now have my main account with 20 Platinum Trophies back and a lot of free time.

So to Linkandzelda, I'll get the sprites done. This will probably be my last hack with you, but I will help you to achieve the dream we both once had about this. We have other plans, but time will tell.

I'm not going to lie, I can still sprite like a beast. Check it out: My Artwork since I've been away.

On a side note:
Linkandzelda recently ended up in hospital. He tried to pick a fight with the Seagulls that once attacked him in his room. As a result, I'm taking over - I am Co-Owner after all? :D

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.

Last edited by Zeikku™; February 18th, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old February 18th, 2011, 10:25 PM
knightangelx
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightangelx View Post
hey guys.i was playing the game and was in silph co.the game messed up and i had not saved for a while so i just saved there.i tried to open the game again but it doesnt open and shows a black screen but i can hear sound in background and also go to the menu.can anyone help me?i really do not want start all over again.appreciated.
pls somebody help me,i donot want to start again.
Old February 19th, 2011, 06:47 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkerm View Post
Theres new tiles in beta 3.1 compared to 2.1 and probably a few extras which people haven't seen yet. As for 4th and 5th gen, nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMatt15 View Post
This hack is absolutely amazing. Great job. I found an issue though, when in the rocket warehouse in Mahogany, the trainer sent out a ditto, and when it transformed, it froze my game...

Also, I have a question, In the Q/A you said that the dogs will be like crystal, so are you saying that after I confront Suicune, Raikou and Entei will be free and we can find Raikou and Entei in the wild?
We the dogs work slightly different due to on of my mandatory events regarding suicune. On the original you had to find sucune on route 36, route 42 and in cianwood city before you could battle him in the tin tower (i think) so with LC the cianwood event is there with the battle with eusine, but the others are not. Once you battle him the two other dogs are released in the wild, but untrackable by the pokedex.

Quote:
hi, what about following you starter? any plans with it?:)
Nope no plans, there probably wont be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAvAcOlA View Post
How come instead of making guys like Scyther and Onix evolve at high levels you don't just make it so leveling them up once with a steel coat or whatever item the certain pokemon needs evolves them? Then it's more like the real games in that you can evolve it pretty much on immediate access to the item. For the original four- Alakazam, Golem, Gengar, and Machamp...there could simply be in-game trades. There is then no tearing apart the evolution system.

Also, to your above point about adding Gen IV and V moves...I think a much better investment would be to incorporate the physical/special split that was introduced in Gen IV. Would that even be possible?
The split i will add yes, but not too sure on the trades. I've changed most of them since beta 2.1 and the in game trades already exist for the for real trades of Crystal. Not sure about adding extras as it makes it easier for people. I would prefer they discovered how to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightangelx View Post
Yes theres some odd bug there which im not sure why it occurs.. Theres a long fix which involves swapping the map and all sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
Just took another glance at the new screens <3

Goldenrod now has a beach :D (prepares to spend hours running up and down)
Hehe theres running up and down it thats fun for sure... but what about surfing up and down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
I'll make my return now. It was only a matter of time. :)
I never made those sprites, so your point is invalid. All crappy sprites will be improved, without a doubt.

First things first:
Do you guys like the Tileset I made so far? - There's more to create/add soon. Originally, we were going to strip the ROM of all default tiles, but in a way it'd lose the Pokémon feel. I'd hate this hack to look amazing, but have it's event-based element being awful.

An apology:
I've been out of action for a while now, so I'm not going to lie - I've lost a lot of interest in ROM hacking due to me becoming a Journalist for The Dashhacks Network. I play games and get paid for it, so I have little time to hack ROMs. I've also got a lot more responsibilities now, including a girlfriend, University and enjoying the last year of being a teenager (I'm 19 now).

Linkandzelda asked me to do some sprites last week which I haven't forgotten, but I recently got hit with a temporary ban regarding my PlayStation account due to producing hacks for the PlayStation 3. I've spent the last few days getting rid of the traces of these hacks and beating the games I illegitimately downloaded. I now have my main account with 20 Platinum Trophies back and a lot of free time.

So to Linkandzelda, I'll get the sprites done. This will probably be my last hack with you, but I will help you to achieve the dream we both once had about this. We have other plans, but time will tell.

I'm not going to lie, I can still sprite like a beast. Check it out: My Artwork since I've been away.

On a side note:
Linkandzelda recently ended up in hospital. He tried to pick a fight with the Seagulls that once attacked him in his room. As a result, I'm taking over - I am Co-Owner after all? :D
Haha thanks zeikku. A touching post. I'll be looking forward to those sprites and tiles for sure!!

UPDATE:
I've been rather busy with college and assignments of the past few weeks, but i started half term for a week yesterday. I have some other projects for this term but im sure that LC testing will be done too. So far i'm up to Mahogany town with everything before already tested. I'll aim to get johto fully tested by the end of this week, but of course more will probably be done. Up until now ive probably fixed over 100 bugs since the release of the beta 3 preview!!!

Also thanks to Jambo51 for adding in a ton of ASM hacks to make for an enhanced GSC experience in LC.

Link

Sponsored Links