The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #351    
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Gumball Watterson's Avatar
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Elmore, Equestria
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne View Post

So are you expecting actual development for NegaiShipping then, or are you just shipping it for fun? It really is just as likely as CaféMocha.
Aha, now let's look at this from a mathematical point of view:

First, shipping must be well defined. We will define shipping explicitly as it is generally assumed: The canon revelation of mutual attraction between two characters.

What exactly is it meant by Negaishipping having the same chances as Cafemochashipping? Define N as the probability of Negaishipping and M as the probability of Cafemochashipping. You are claiming that M = N. Therefore any values we find for either M or N will respective go to the other unconditionally.

Let's assume the argument that no or none of these two ships are possible, N=M=0. The only problem is that we never know the chances of a ship actually becoming canon. You are not a writer, and therefore you cannot claim a 0% chance on anything.

However, the argument that the probability for the main ships decreases for each passing generation cannot be refuted. So we can assume that it is possible for N < Pe < A < Pk, where the later implied are Pearl, Advance, and Pokeshipping respectively. Your argument would therefore include the possibility of M < Pe < A < Pk.

But now reasoning must be thrown into the mix. Homosexuality is a taboo in a show with an age range of the tween years. By how we have defined shipping, it is a taboo for Ash and Cilan to canonically have mutual attraction. This can mean two things:

M = 0
M = lim_x->0(x), where this means we can assume an infinitesimal probability.

But of course, M = 0 is false by our argument of "We are not the writers", so the infinitesimal chance remains.

Therefore, through your argument, N = lim_x->0(x) as well. However, the possible argument that probabilities of later main ships are decreased brings a mathematical and logical inconstancy. Let A represent the next ship with Ash and the next main girl.

If A were also forced to have the same infinitesimal chance, this would obliterate the assumed argument. Therefore, we cannot assume of any ships involved with that inequality any more, therefore nothing can be assumed of N anymore. Therefore, M = N cannot be proved, therefore cannot be stated.

If A were forced to be zero, this would show that either the generation of A would be the last generation, because the argument cannot have negative variables because they represent probabilities. Or the argument would once again shatter, leaving the same aforementioned conclusion of the stateability of N=M. This assumption would contradict the "Writers" argument in the first place. And by contradiction, N =/= M

In conclusion, N=M cannot be stated, or N=/= M. It is most possible that N > M and M can be assumed infinitesimal.

QED
__________________
Putting dairy on the fridge door should be morally wrong and outlawed.

Last edited by Gumball Watterson; February 7th, 2011 at 12:31 AM.
  #352    
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Jorah's Avatar
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Britland
Age: 23
Gender: Female
...

I liked this equation because it mentioned N.

But in actuality, I understood everything you said. I wouldn't say each new ship with Ash has less chance than the last. Before Negai, I would've agreed, but I think Negai comes before Advance, but after Pokeshipping. But yeah, everything with Ash has a probability of something next to 0. That you can say that homosexual ships are even as closely possible as hetro ships in this children's programme (which is hardly the show that is going to be breaking boundaries, dealing with taboo subjects...haha) pretty much shows how little the writers care about Ash having any sort of romantic interest anymore.

I don't think Ash will end up with anyone by the complete end of the whole series. For him to, he'd have to have a huge personality change, and the writers dislike any permanent character development for him, it seems. It's just about him and Pikachu now. All anyone can do is have fun looking at "hints". Ash is going to live a long and full life - as a 10 year old - with his Pikachu, and no one else.~
  #353    
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Regeneration's Avatar
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
The entire process of the formation of that equation is flawed.

Total number of possibilities = 2

Probability of NegaiShipping = 1/2 = 50%
Probability of CafeMochaShipping = 1/2 = 50%

Now that should satisfy both of you. =D
You may now safely ignore this post.
  #354    
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:55 AM
AshPikastar's Avatar
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Dang I got quoted a lot for my short post. Here comes a long post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostik View Post

The plus for CafeMocha is that it was let out of the box with a bang. Akin to Barry's man-crush on Paul. Or Brock and every romance he tried to start. It's hints can drift to nothing, and all everyone will remember is that he tried to jump across the table to-- *massages temples* Okay, won't get crude.


That is true I have to admit.

Quote:
This is why I generally don't 'ship mainstream; it's much too much of a turn-off when you associate any part of its existence with negativity (I could tell a story about the G-Gundam fandom that impacted a bunch of other fandoms I favored; and you thought your fandoms hated Teh Ghei. Not like that. Never like that.). And it's hard to shake.
I don't ship mainstream much but the only ones that I actually do ship is Advanceshipping and Contestshipping.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyJB88 View Post

But once the fanfic starts warping into what reality is in the anime, that's where things start to go wrong. Readers look too hardly into it and start believing it may come true.
Exactly which makes things go a bit too out of hand sometimes when it comes to wanting something to happen the way you want it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GlalieX View Post
Even as an Advanceshipper, I was starting to get fond of Pearlshipping but now there isn't much to talk about with it anymore. Oh well.
I was a bit the same way but instead of Pearlshipping I was leaning over to Contestshipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post

LOL, I'm okay with this XD And with BW19 about to air, hopefully, we'll be getting even more Cafémocha!



Oh yeah BW episode 19 will probably have a lot of Cafemochashipping. (Hopefully there'll be some Wishfulshipping too)

Quote:
I found out somewhere towards the middle of Hoenn that Japanese episodes existed. Boy, was it an eye opener!


I don't think I have watched the Jap version of Hoenn. I need to watch it.

Quote:
The debate would be monstrous and flamey, probably *is a cynic*
And things will go crazy and too over hand.

Quote:
Oh, looolll!!! But the thing is, they expanded on Barry's mancrush, quite a bit. He couldn't stop fanboying over him during the league..."It gets lonely at the top, but Paul will keep me company!"
I still remember the Barry obsession over Paul Man I'm already missing DP.



AK47: Why you have to put Math into all of this? The equation thing got me confused already XD.
__________________
  #355    
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Frostik
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
And the fact that Ash and Dento travel with each other opens up a mountain of possibilities and opportunities! I mean, look at the Ash x Main girl ships! And BOULDERSHIPPING! (Which is better IMO <3)
*pets Bouldershipping* Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do~ Traveling with Ash is like being guaranteed someone with love you with him.

;_; Well, many not for poor Tracey. *not that he doesn't have his own ambitions; Elder vs Apprentice, anyone?*

Quote:
I ship if I like. I'm lucky if it's mainstream, because then I get to find more fanart...but a lot of the times, it isn't Pray tell, what happened? XD
Before G-Gundam was shown on Cartoon Network, there was a small community of people (women?) dedicated to it. Purists in any sense of the word. To them, if you didn't 'ship the main couples, you were a target for criticism. If 'shipped gay, you GTFO. If you 'shipped Domon/Allenby, you GTFO. If you 'shipped ANYTHING that wasn't the four main couples (and Chibodee/one of his four girls) you were told you weren't a fan of the show, because you didn't appreciate "the creator's vision." And they dominated the FFN section at the time.

Me, I entered as a Chibodee/George fan. They were the side favorites, and the only two of the five that had any real chemistry as companions beyond We're Awesome Chosen Ones (drinking together in the middle of a battle = usually says something). ...Actually, that's bias (the Kid was in the hero's grill, and the American was too), but the drinking did it anyway.

So being this of the time that FFN was /the/ place to go for fics, naturally, I went there to see if I could find anything. I wasn't surprised to find so little, but I was shocked at the lack of acceptance by the fandom BFNs (if you could call them that). Reading reviews for anything different was like an icepick being jabbed in your stomach. It was so closed off.

My feelings toward the show soured pretty quick, pretty hard. :B And it impacted my like of Zoids and my diehard love of Megaman X. Why? Because G-Gundam was dubbed by the same off-shoot company that dubbed Zoids: Chaotic Century and the later MMX games. How can I love MMX if all I'm being reminded of is stupid Domon Kasshu and the fans loyal to his damn boring existence with the annoying chick?

...I got better, later (btw, Domon is made of memeticism). =X But I think it left the specific community repressed.

Quote:
I've noticed something interesting...isn't kinda weird that Wishfulshipping is getting a bit more attention than Negai? Usually the main girl shipping dominates the other ships in the region, but now, the other ships are pretty hefty competitors against them...Yes, Cafémocha included!
It's could because at this stage, the solo 'shippers (as opposed to multies) are spreading themselves thinner with each new girl who shows up. People have started watching in DP and some still find themselves preferring the older companions, once they revisit the episodes they've missed. There are those not jumping 'ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Post
But now reasoning must be thrown into the mix. Homosexuality is a taboo in a show with an age range of the tween years.
Proof it's taboo in Japan to show ickle gay to a young audience, or your equation means nothing because it's based on the wrong logic.

And still not seeing how you jump from "(N=M) + (N=/= M) = (N > M)". That N's greater than M looks more pulled out the butt, simply on the standing of the taboo logic, which is flawed.
__________________
I don't need my freedom.

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
  #356    
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regeneration View Post
The entire process of the formation of that equation is flawed.

Total number of possibilities = 2

Probability of NegaiShipping = 1/2 = 50%
Probability of CafeMochaShipping = 1/2 = 50%

Now that should satisfy both of you. =D
You may now safely ignore this post.
There a flaw in your equation - Another possibility:
  • Probability of NegaiShipping = 0%
  • Probability of CafeMochaShipping = 0%
  • Probability of a threesome with no strings attached = 100%
__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #357    
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Regeneration's Avatar
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

There a flaw in your equation - Another possibility:
  • Probability of NegaiShipping = 0%
  • Probability of CafeMochaShipping = 0%
  • Probability of a threesome with no strings attached = 100%
To hell with all this actually. Why are we putting in maths into shipping?
  #358    
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:38 AM
AshPikastar's Avatar
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regeneration View Post

To hell with all this actually. Why are we putting in maths into shipping?
I know right? I'm already getting a headache from it.
__________________
  #359    
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Wll considering all the Maturity talk, I thought it was fun + mature. Oh well...

I still there might be a three some. Why else travel with two random trainers you just met?

I'm still for Love x Peace btw, I just removed it from my sig to make space for Meowth.

Theres been talk on serebii about a Iris and Ash tag battle - that would be soo Negai~
__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #360    
Old February 7th, 2011, 02:20 PM
CommanderPigg's Avatar
CommanderPigg
Dento used bishie sparkles!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Host Club
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostik View Post
*pets Bouldershipping* Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do~ Traveling with Ash is like being guaranteed someone with love you with him.

;_; Well, many not for poor Tracey. *not that he doesn't have his own ambitions; Elder vs Apprentice, anyone?*
Man, when I watched their farewell scene in the dub, I was so excited when their hands lingered for just a bit longer after their handshake...I was about to put my arms up in jubilation, but I bent back a finger in the process...ouch

I'm more of an Orangeshipper myself :B Misty's gotta be keeping her desires in check somehow.

[/quote]
Quote:
Before G-Gundam was shown on Cartoon Network, there was a small community of people (women?) dedicated to it. Purists in any sense of the word. To them, if you didn't 'ship the main couples, you were a target for criticism. If 'shipped gay, you GTFO. If you 'shipped Domon/Allenby, you GTFO. If you 'shipped ANYTHING that wasn't the four main couples (and Chibodee/one of his four girls) you were told you weren't a fan of the show, because you didn't appreciate "the creator's vision." And they dominated the FFN section at the time.
Ew, that sounds awful! Not just because it's blatantly homophobic, it's just so suffocating with such limited shipping selections. The fewer ships there are, the more divided the fandom is. Unless of course, there's only one ship XD

Quote:
It's could because at this stage, the solo 'shippers (as opposed to multies) are spreading themselves thinner with each new girl who shows up. People have started watching in DP and some still find themselves preferring the older companions, once they revisit the episodes they've missed. There are those not jumping 'ship.
Okay, don't hate me for this, but I've also noticed a pattern in "shipping groups" and I've come to the conclusion that these groups are made for the sole purpose of driving everyone but Misty away from Ash. How many people do you know ship all of these?

*Pokeshipping
*Contestshipping
*Penguin/Ikarishipping
*Wishfulshipping

They tend to avoid "jumping ship" by doing this...

Quote:
Proof it's taboo in Japan to show ickle gay to a young audience, or your equation means nothing because it's based on the wrong logic.

And still not seeing how you jump from "(N=M) + (N=/= M) = (N > M)". That N's greater than M looks more pulled out the butt, simply on the standing of the taboo logic, which is flawed.
Well said :')

And anyways...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

There a flaw in your equation - Another possibility:
  • Probability of NegaiShipping = 0%
  • Probability of CafeMochaShipping = 0%
  • Probability of a threesome with no strings attached = 100%
^This. BW is actually the only group I think that is capable of pulling this off. They're all so cute <3

...

I bet you Dento will have a tag battle with Ash first! *runs*
__________________

Deviantart ~ It's Tasting Time! ~ Youtube
  #361    
Old February 7th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Frostik
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
Man, when I watched their farewell scene in the dub, I was so excited when their hands lingered for just a bit longer after their handshake...I was about to put my arms up in jubilation, but I bent back a finger in the process...ouch

I'm more of an Orangeshipper myself :B Misty's gotta be keeping her desires in check somehow.
=O I will have to watch this episode at some point. *is on-off when it comes to the anime* Their hands also lingered some back when they were splitting up in Hoenn/Kanto. *______* It was hand over hand, and Brock's was right over Ash's. And there was lingering.

I'm an accidental Neglectshipper. I didn't find any recurring character that I thought had enough chemistry with her personally impressive. ...I used to be a Todd/Misty shipper, though. I had to keep her clear of Ash for--at the time--Gary.

Quote:
Okay, don't hate me for this, but I've also noticed a pattern in "shipping groups" and I've come to the conclusion that these groups are made for the sole purpose of driving everyone but Misty away from Ash. How many people do you know ship all of these?

*Pokeshipping
*Contestshipping
*Penguin/Ikarishipping
*Wishfulshipping
Which is natural. Ash certainly has more prospects than Misty, and all of Misty's prospects simply aren't threatening enough (Rudy, Danny, Georgio, Tracey) due to plot or divergence (Tracey's been shoved to Daisy and Oak enough that he can also be a Pair the Spare without bending canon backwards).

If you can't multi-ship characters, the next best thing it to clear the road. If it takes a lawnmower, they'll do it.
__________________
I don't need my freedom.

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
  #362    
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:44 PM
RubyJB88's Avatar
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nim
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostik View Post
Immature audiences "can't handle homosexuality" because their parents won't want to deal with having to explain it. Bottom line. If kids are fully equipped to handle the straight, they can certainly handle the gay. It's social stigma that says otherwise.

Advanceshippers have more to fear from Contestshipping than Pokeshipping, honestly. Pearl only has two, really: Penguin and HeatTag. If Conway hadn't been introduced after Kenny, I'd be damn convinced they were trying to make him a love interest....which would have been fascinating. A regular trainer who only interacts with the coordinator in non-Contest situations? It certainly would have been different from May and Drew's subplot. I might have even come to love it!

If you draw enough comparisons to the series itself, a lot of Negaishippers are going to say the relationship between Iris and Ash is a reboot of the one Misty and Ash had.

That said, we don't have a good handle on any of the three Unova 'ships. We won't know what comparisons to really draw until maybe another half year from now.

Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do~

So being this of the time that FFN was /the/ place to go for fics, naturally, I went there to see if I could find anything. I wasn't surprised to find so little, but I was shocked at the lack of acceptance by the fandom BFNs (if you could call them that). Reading reviews for anything different was like an icepick being jabbed in your stomach. It was so closed off.
Explains my upbringing. *eyeroll*

The more they were showing Dawn and Barry together, the more I was beginning to like that ship. I think they had good chemistry together. Beats Kenny anyday.

…except that Iris isn't bossy around Ash nor does she push him around. We haven't seen that 20 episodes in. But this is way early in the game so it could change.

I don't remember if in Sinnoh it was the same deal. It was already circling with Ash, then as new characters started appearing the ships started on them.

Aw, I'm gonna miss that line! Back in the days when Sinnoh started...

On a sidetone, they need to fix-up that site. Looks outdated. More accurate ratings and organization would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPigg
Nah, the Dawn ships seem to co-exist in relative harmony...except for some reason Pearl and Penguin during Kenny's last episode >_>

Man, when I watched their farewell scene in the dub, I was so excited when their hands lingered for just a bit longer after their handshake...I was about to put my arms up in jubilation, but I bent back a finger in the process...ouch >_>

Misty's gotta be keeping her desires in check somehow.
Well it was Kenny who screwed himself over and his ship. Maybe he'd have a chance if he kept his mouth shut and had some patience.

lol what, they did that like three times now? Why did this farewell feel so much more pronounced with the handshake than the other two? ;)

That makes Misty sound like a --.

I read AK47's entire post as something from a math textbook. Meaning, I was forced to skim over it. -_- No offense, AK, you're a smart guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah
I don't think Ash will end up with anyone by the complete end of the whole series. For him to, he'd have to have a huge personality change, and the writers dislike any permanent character development for him, it seems. It's just about him and Pikachu now. All anyone can do is have fun looking at "hints". Ash is going to live a long and full life - as a 10 year old - with his Pikachu, and no one else.~
But once the franchise starts showing signs of weakness (and I predict by 2020) then the writers would be forced to rethink their strategy. I get this feeling with every new series there's this buildup. It will lead to something great that will unify all past adventures and show Ash's transcendence into what he is. Wishful thinking, he grows up in the climax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshPikastar
Exactly which makes things go a bit too out of hand sometimes when it comes to wanting something to happen the way you want it.

I still remember the Barry obsession over Paul Man I'm already missing DP.
And the moral of this story is don't read those cheesy, fluffy, Mary Sue/Marty Stu, overblown, disproportional, risque stories otherwise it will mind**** you and you won't be able to think straight for a few years. >_<

I will be missing D/P as well. It was a great series. Barry's one those at the top because he was entertaining all the time. Paul was the rival we should've had in Johto. Conway gets an honorable mention. Did I leave anyone else out besides Dawn's rivals?
  #363    
Old February 8th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Tachibana Azumi's Avatar
Tachibana Azumi
★七色に光る女★
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: the demon world, ho
Age: 19
Gender: Female
-reappears out of nowhere-

O_O Why the heck is math, of all things, involved? Reminds me so much of my probability math lessons, and I don't really like probability.

Don't know if this is discussed before, I found this ship called FlavescentShipping, and it's between Shooti (Trip is such a retarded name so I'm not calling him that) and Iris, apparently. OnO;;;
And then I saw that Trip's category is "Ships with Trip", aheheee /shot

And for some reason I'm starting to ship Dento/Iris (WishfulShipping) for some reason. *v* Their fanart is so cuteeeee <3
__________________
  #364    
Old February 8th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Meh, I bet Cilan is only Metrosexual anyway.

I'm not a big fan of Wishful to be honest Azumi, but I agree they look cute together.

I miss my Ikarishipping... Is anyone else here an Ikari fan? :(

Aloe x Brock would be awsome. Every other girl he likes is always flat chested. xD
__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #365    
Old February 8th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Tachibana Azumi's Avatar
Tachibana Azumi
★七色に光る女★
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: the demon world, ho
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Now I wonder what AK would think of Cilan/Iris. C:

Well, I was an Ikari fan until I started shipping Shinji/Paul with an OC I have. But I still like IkariShipping.
So yeah, I'm an Ikari fan.
__________________
  #366    
Old February 8th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Frostik
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
Aloe x Brock would be awsome. Every other girl he likes is always flat chested. xD
*Lucy's flat?* He doesn't touch married women, though, and since the group met the husband first, he would have realized, nope, can't flirt with.

I kind of wonder if he would even find her attractive. I don't think she's /that/ young. Early thirties, I'd want to say. I don't think we've ever had that kind of medium encounter for him before.
__________________
I don't need my freedom.

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
  #367    
Old February 8th, 2011, 09:04 AM
AshPikastar's Avatar
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyJB88 View Post
And the moral of this story is don't read those cheesy, fluffy, Mary Sue/Marty Stu, overblown, disproportional, risque stories otherwise it will mind**** you and you won't be able to think straight for a few years. >_<

I will be missing D/P as well. It was a great series. Barry's one those at the top because he was entertaining all the time. Paul was the rival we should've had in Johto. Conway gets an honorable mention. Did I leave anyone else out besides Dawn's rivals?

Oh yeah my friend had read a fanfic before for Megaman and he was disturb. Oh yeah Barry was/Is my favorite character which is why I'm going to miss him. I don't think you missed anyone else although it feels like you did.

I miss Twinleafshipping; Barry and Dawn had a few good moments on there.

Lol Brock x Aloe would actually be funny.
__________________
  #368    
Old February 8th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Gumball Watterson's Avatar
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Elmore, Equestria
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regeneration View Post
The entire process of the formation of that equation is flawed.

Total number of possibilities = 2

Probability of NegaiShipping = 1/2 = 50%
Probability of CafeMochaShipping = 1/2 = 50%

Now that should satisfy both of you. =D
You may now safely ignore this post.
Have you no mathematical education above Pre-Prealgebraic Arithmetic and probability? o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshPikastar View Post

AK47: Why you have to put Math into all of this? The equation thing got me confused already XD.
As a man of Mathematics, I see math everywhere. I just barely decided to look at the mathematics of Shipping, which is a lot of interesting mixtures of logic and probability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostik View Post
Proof it's taboo in Japan to show ickle gay to a young audience, or your equation means nothing because it's based on the wrong logic.

And still not seeing how you jump from "(N=M) + (N=/= M) = (N > M)". That N's greater than M looks more pulled out the butt, simply on the standing of the taboo logic, which is flawed.
Prove it's not a taboo and prove the writers don't consider a global audience, wilst the implications that the writers do consider globaility are the Multicultural aspects of Generation V and $$$$$. Prove otherwise those two points and we'll talk.

You haven't completely proven the flaw in the logic. And I said the only two possibilities are N and M cannot be compared, or N =/= M, depending on the legibility of N < Pe < A < Pk, which both disprove N = M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regeneration View Post

To hell with all this actually. Why are we putting in maths into shipping?
That's a very good question... deal with it XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshPikastar View Post


I know right? I'm already getting a headache from it.
Spheal with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana Azumi View Post
-reappears out of nowhere-

O_O Why the heck is math, of all things, involved? Reminds me so much of my probability math lessons, and I don't really like probability.

Don't know if this is discussed before, I found this ship called FlavescentShipping, and it's between Shooti (Trip is such a retarded name so I'm not calling him that) and Iris, apparently. OnO;;;
And then I saw that Trip's category is "Ships with Trip", aheheee /shot

And for some reason I'm starting to ship Dento/Iris (WishfulShipping) for some reason. *v* Their fanart is so cuteeeee <3
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>__> Doesn't math make shipping more fun, though?

Doesn't sound convincing....

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana Azumi View Post
Now I wonder what AK would think of Cilan/Iris. C:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Post
Purple and Green mix into a crapish dark color.
There you have it.
__________________
Putting dairy on the fridge door should be morally wrong and outlawed.
  #369    
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostik View Post
*Lucy's flat?* He doesn't touch married women, though, and since the group met the husband first, he would have realized, nope, can't flirt with.

I kind of wonder if he would even find her attractive. I don't think she's /that/ young. Early thirties, I'd want to say. I don't think we've ever had that kind of medium encounter for him before.
Heh, consider me proven wrong. (The Lucy bit)
Heck, we should have more Lucy shippings..

Well, i'm sure the Aloe's boobs would be enough for Brock anyway.

/Working on a Cafémocha Vid. ;D
__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #370    
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Frostik
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
Well, i'm sure the Aloe's boobs would be enough for Brock anyway.
Hers? Not covered up as they are. Shikimi's breasts, on the other hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshPikastar View Post
Oh yeah my friend had read a fanfic before for Megaman and he was disturb.
Disturbed by what, exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Post
Prove it's not a taboo and prove the writers don't consider a global audience, wilst the implications that the writers do consider globaility are the Multicultural aspects of Generation V and $$$$$. Prove otherwise those two points and we'll talk.

You haven't completely proven the flaw in the logic. And I said the only two possibilities are N and M cannot be compared, or N =/= M, depending on the legibility of N < Pe < A < Pk, which both disprove N = M.
You're the one you has to prove it to make your equation viable. Otherwise, I can simply go M > N and say, "Because I say so," since it's based on as much assumption as you're putting into your math. Which makes your logic flawed.

You know, just saying. .... B > all, btw. Truth.
__________________
I don't need my freedom.

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
  #371    
Old February 8th, 2011, 01:45 PM
AshPikastar's Avatar
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Post
As a man of Mathematics, I see math everywhere. I just barely decided to look at the mathematics of Shipping, which is a lot of interesting mixtures of logic and probability.
I never saw Math in shippings terms but now that I do my mind starts spinning. Man Math is every where even in Pokemon.

Quote:
Spheal with it.
-hides inside a box-

Quote:
>__> Doesn't math make shipping more fun, though?
I guess it does(Only if it's in easy basic math like 2 + 2 .-.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostik View Post
Disturbed by what, exactly?
Well let's just say according to him it was very disturbing. That was the only detail that he gave me.
__________________
  #372    
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:05 PM
ShinyMeowth's Avatar
ShinyMeowth
Gone forever
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Greece
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Post
Doesn't math make shipping more fun, though?
Math does not make shipping more fun.






Math makes everything more fun.
Now, about the Negai vs. Cafemocha vs. Wishful debate, I'll go with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

  • Probability of a threesome with no strings attached = 100%
  #373    
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Frostik
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Nature: Serious
Yeah, mathematics = y so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshPikastar View Post
Well let's just say according to him it was very disturbing. That was the only detail that he gave me.
That's no fun. Disturbing has way too much of a range. Disturbing could be anything from light Bass/Megaman fluff (simply because it's gay) to brutal rape of any character. ...Or genderbending mpreg. Or what I've written: Protoman/gijinka!Tango. It's hardly anything to go by in that fandom (any fandom). No possibility of prodding him for details? Or was it too long ago?

...What? I have other fandoms, too. *doe eyes*
__________________
I don't need my freedom.

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
  #374    
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:23 PM
PearlShipper4Life's Avatar
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
Heehee, it even converted a few people
Well Yah it should, I mean even none Yaoi shippers admitted some thing about that sceneXD

Advancedk47 loves Math, that's why math is being used here though it doesn't help the future of ships cuz Pokemon isn't all about romance. Its about a guy and his Pikachu traveling around the world to be a Pokemon master. People ship for the heck of it, but only a few ships have sort of become canon at the end and not even really canon either. Lets look back shall we?

Contestshipping=The most canon thing we will ever see in this series, we don't even know if they ended up together or not.

Orangeshipping=People can argue or not but these two spend the most time together since Ash left them behind.

So there yah go. Oh yah and Oak and Ash's mom, I have no idea what her age is though LOL. So we can go on and on about what ships have 100 % possibilty of being canon, facts are till the series end we won't know. Even than, like some one said Ash could end up alone and just still travel, trying to be a Pokemon master wouldn't that be crazy? I'd actually rather him be an E4 when he's adult but whatever. So yes, Negaishipping has just as much as a chance as happing as CafeMochashipping. I ship both.
__________________

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
  #375    
Old February 8th, 2011, 06:35 PM
CommanderPigg's Avatar
CommanderPigg
Dento used bishie sparkles!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Host Club
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostik View Post
You're the one you has to prove it to make your equation viable. Otherwise, I can simply go M > N and say, "Because I say so," since it's based on as much assumption as you're putting into your math. Which makes your logic flawed.

You know, just saying. .... B > all, btw. Truth.
Actually, P(aul)>All, assuming that Shinji's awesomeness equates to infinity

And anyways, there's yet another contradiction in your equation; mainly because of your defining postulate, which you stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Post
Let's assume the argument that no or none of these two ships are possible, N=M=0. The only problem is that we never know the chances of a ship actually becoming canon. You are not a writer, and therefore you cannot claim a 0% chance on anything.
And thus, the rest of it should have been null and void; and technically ALL shippings should have an infinitesimal probability (approaching the limit 0, of course ). And this is because!!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlShipper4Life View Post
Advancedk47 loves Math, that's why math is being used here though it doesn't help the future of ships cuz Pokemon isn't all about romance. Its about a guy and his Pikachu traveling around the world to be a Pokemon master. People ship for the heck of it, but only a few ships have sort of become canon at the end and not even really canon either. Lets look back shall we?
^THIS!

By the way, Pearlshipper4life (can I call you Ashfangirl22, since that's who I know you as best? XD) your post is the one that made the most sense in this entire thread *applauds*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

Well, i'm sure the Aloe's boobs would be enough for Brock anyway.

/Working on a Cafémocha Vid. ;D
Forget her boobs! Her hips don't lie, man!

*subscribes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostik View Post
That's no fun. Disturbing has way too much of a range. Disturbing could be anything from light Bass/Megaman fluff (simply because it's gay) to brutal rape of any character. ...Or genderbending mpreg. Or what I've written: Protoman/gijinka!Tango. It's hardly anything to go by in that fandom (any fandom).
Hetalia fandom: Hair...cumming. Need I say more?
And I swear, on google, I searched "May Pokemon" and I saw PORN of May x Missing no. My childhood was ruined.
__________________

Deviantart ~ It's Tasting Time! ~ Youtube
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.