• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Circle

Should the main character have dialogue or remain silent?

• Dialogue

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Silent

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
Years
Wow.
This game is great,considering the program your using.
So, for the part where you become a gym leader, do you like give your e-mail to some of the trainers you battle like the Pokegear phone number?then, they can E-mail you when you have a gym and battle you.
It's just an idea that I thought would be cool if you implemented.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
well your best is gud.....wen u give us a gud amount u cn take a break then continue

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Hey, It's good to see your continuing your project, I was really interested in Asphar, but it's mostly the same right? If not then improved. The battle system looks unique, never seen a side screen battle. Good luck with this! :)

Years
Thanks for the comments, I'll just answer some issues raised. :)

A question: Why does the trainer and wild pokémon grow gradually? If you start romaing the whole region for 20 hour of gameplay, and then when you want to fight against the first trainer or start your first wild battle, they are gonna be too strong that your pokémon are going to be wiped out like nothing?

I'm probably going to implement a difficulty option, where the difficulty you choose directly effects Trainer and Pokemon growth - so if you're a Player who likes to battle conservatively, or prefers to spend more time exploring then you can set it to easy and as long as you train up your Pokemon at least a little, then you shouldn't find it to hard.
Also, I'm trying to create a system where new trainers are constantly being 'born' into the world (possibly at the expense of 'retired' trainers). So if you're struggling to beat some trainers, you could just try battling less experienced ones and work your way up.

BTW, I remember you wrote something about only the first 150 pokémon will be on the game.

I did originally say that, but I'm finding it quite limiting at the moment in variety. So I'll probably end up either adding the Johto Pokemon too, or just adding certain Pokemon from all following generations. (Either way, the max Pokemon I'll be adding into this game will probably be about 250ish and no more.)

So, for the part where you become a gym leader, do you like give your e-mail to some of the trainers you battle like the Pokegear phone number?then, they can E-mail you when you have a gym and battle you.

Nothing is set in stone yet as to how I'm going to make the Gym function work, but I'll probably make it so that you get an email alert whenever someone wants to battle you for a badge. They'll then probably wait for a while (so that challengers don't completely interupt your adventure) - but the player could get a penalty for neglecting challengers for so long.

Something I'm definatley going to try and implement with the whole Gym-Owning feature is the ability to hire your very own Gym Trainers. I'm hoping to program the game so that you can offer to hire most trainers in the region. You'd be able to have as many as four/five - and each challenger would first have to face them before you - resulting in whittling down the weaker ones and leaving just the stronger challengers to face you. The only downside to having Gym Trainers is that you'd have to pay them. Wage depending on the trainer themselves.

* * * * *​

And now for an update. Finally. :P

Spoiler:

Years
I like the tile style you are using, very different brining us back to the old days.
But nice update i enjoyed it

ChiKouu

Froslass Trainer
Years
I did originally say that, but I'm finding it quite limiting at the moment in variety. So I'll probably end up either adding the Johto Pokemon too, or just adding certain Pokemon from all following generations. (Either way, the max Pokemon I'll be adding into this game will probably be about 250ish and no more.)

I would prefer if you would just put the first and second gen in this game, the second is my favorite.

Nice tiles by the way.

Years

I'd like to see select from many generations, I do feel like it makes things more interesting.

Years
Thanks for the comments guys. It looks like that's one vote for Kanto + Johto Pokemon, and one vote for randomly chosen from all generations. Anybody else have an opinion on which Pokemon should be included?

I've just edited the first post to include all screenshots so far, and also added the start of a more in-depth story. :)

Years
I like the idea of Kanto and Johto pokemon, but I think if you do those two generations, then you should add the pokemon that were given 3rd evolutions.

Magby and Magmar were in the first 2, but in the 4th generation we were given Magmortar.

So add, Magmortar, Electivire, Happiny, and any others that have evolutions dealing with the first 2 generations (I am a little bias when it comes to Magmortar and Electivire lol).

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
I think you should add only the OU-tier(overused) Pokémon from Gen 3 to Gen 5. You know about tiers, don´t you?

If you don't(just in case). Go to serebii and look for Battle Tiers, and you'll find out which Pokémon are from those tiers.
The overused because you'd spend time programming pokémon thay nobody is going to use.

Years
Good points there.

I've decided to go with a selected pool of Pokemon from all generations, but with a bit more Kanto & Johto than the rest.
I will definately include all evolutions of any Pokemon included.

And I just checked out that tiers thing Fraot, and I'll use that to a certain extent when planning which Pokemon to include. Thanks.

I'll probably add the full list of Pokemon to the first post (along with some Pokedex screenshots perhaps) tomorrow. I'll put it under a spoiler too, just in case anybody doesn't want to find out until they play. :)

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Cool. Check that out. If you think it's too much of an effort to program them all, I could program them too. Since I'm a better programmer than mapper...

You could add 3 or 4 B&W Pokémon(with complete evolutionary lines)in orderto make them like the secret ones. Or "the unlockable".

Years
Ok, so I haven't done the list of Pokemon yet, nor do I have any Pokedex screenshots to show. There's a good reason for this...

I decided that since it'll be quite a while until a demo is available, I could release one of the Game Corner minigames - Egg Attack (See screenshots in first post).

I would be sharing the download link with you now, but I'm having a few errors with distributing it. As soon as I've solved that I'll upload the game here. :)

Years
Ok, so I haven't been able to fix the problem. The game runs fine, it's just running the game that's the problem.

I'll post the link here anyways... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EBAEU7S4

If you have any luck, please let me know. :)

-------------

Back to the real game, I thought it could be interesting to let the people here decide what Pokemon to include. So I'll occasionally post with options, and whatever the first person chooses will be in the game.

Pokemon Choice:

1) Caterpie
010MS.png
, Metapod
011MS.png
& Butterfree
012MS.png
+ Weedle
013MS.png
, Kakuna
014MS.png
& Beedrill
015MS.png

2) Wurmple
265MS.png
, Silicoon
266MS.png
, Beautifly
267MS.png
, Cascoon
268MS.png
& Dustox
269MS.png

Last edited:
Years
Thanks.

Pokemon Choice:

1) Pidgey
016MS.png
, Pidgeotto
017MS.png
& Pidgeot
018MS.png

2) Spearow
021MS.png
& Fearow
022MS.png

3) Hoothoot
163MS.png
& Noctowl
164MS.png

4) Taillow
276MS.png
& Swellow
277MS.png

5) Starly
396MS.png
, Staravia
397MS.png
& Staraptor
398MS.png

Need two choices from the above. :)

Last edited:
Years
Cheers DForte.

Now today, as well as working on other more important aspects of the game, I've also begun creating the second Game Corner Minigame - called Pika-Shock. I'll upload some screenshots within the next hour or so.

In the meantime, Pokemon Choice:

1) Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
2) Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip
3) Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup

Each option includes their evolutions also of course. :)

Last edited:
Back