The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 12th, 2011, 09:09 AM
zlip
______

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
i don't like it at all. Same name, same plot probably. It's all to make money. And they probaby could have, as Kenshin said, incorparated them both into one move and that way we have an epic fight scene

I'll take a shot at it and say Zekrom/Resh is framed for causing trouble and ash and Co. along with Vitinci have to prove they're inccocent while exposing a corrupt leader.

"Do you know why we
Villians hate Heroes
so much? It's because you are what
we could only pretend to be,
once upon a time --
heroes who do good for no reward.
And so we call you fools,
and even slay you...
simply because we could not be you."
Old February 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Victini again? The first time I read that title for the second movie, I thought that it was fake. They should have come up a better title at least; this one sounds really bland after already having a movie with the title: Victini and the Dark Hero. :x
Old February 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I don't think this rules out Reshiram and Zekrom appearing together in future movies, since I believe Dialga and Palkia were both featured in Movie 10 & 12. I agree on the point were it is a money grab. Especially if the stories are exactly the same or in close relation too the other movie.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old February 12th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
This belongs in the episode forum.

I hope this isn't the second Unova movie. Maybe it will be a counterpart to the first one.

Paired to cr4y

Old February 12th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Theab95
Legend hunter

wow tow movies in one year I think the next movie will be called victini and the grey hero kuyrem.
Old February 12th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
How is this episode discussion? We're talking about a possible movie xD
Old February 12th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
What's he trying to say is that this doesn't belong in this forum, it belongs in another pokemon forum having to do with Pokemon Movies or something of the sort...this forum is meant for groups only. It would make sense if you made a group out of Victini or the movies, but this is obviously not a group....as for the 2 movies, I'd rather combine both movies, or just release one movie one year and the next movie the next...not the 2 of them at the same time, come on, they are spoiling us now.
Old February 12th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherworld9) View Post
What's he trying to say is that this doesn't belong in this forum, it belongs in another pokemon forum having to do with Pokemon Movies or something of the sort...this forum is meant for groups only. It would make sense if you made a group out of Victini or the movies, but this is obviously not a group...
Actually, that was my mistake. While moving the thread I clicked Pokemon Groups instead of Episode Discussion. Don't worry, this will be sorted out soon enough. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
How is this episode discussion? We're talking about a possible movie xD
Let's not be so literal. Movies and episodes are practically the same thing. They're really just longer episodes.

Paired to cr4y

Old February 12th, 2011, 10:35 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I hope it's more like movie 10 and 11's relationship instead of being the same story with different mascot legends...
Old February 12th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I totally called the title of "Something and the Light Hero: Reshiram" back when the first movie title was revealed months ago. n_n; I just didn't think they'd use Victini twice or have the movie come out together in the same year.

If it's for profit purposes, let's hope they're productive and actually differentiate the plot between the two movies. I don't see a lot of fans approving of two highly similar movies with the difference of Reshiram and Zekrom.
Old February 12th, 2011, 05:43 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I love the idea of having two films in one year, twice more the Ash FYI! I just hope they have some fun storylines here.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Interesting... two Pokemon movies in one year. Let's deduce some things.

First off, the story. Is it going to be the same story with different mascots? But one must raise the question: Would ANY production company have the negative IQ or even the balls to do such thing? Think about it in terms of the credibility of the production company and even in terms of money, and therefore employment. Either they would have to get their creativity in and create two entirely different stories/time-lines to prevent negative feedback from creating a radical effect that can go as deep as employment status of a matter of dozens.

And now on to the next question: Are these movies continuations and therefore in parts, or are these movies alternate time-lines to each other?

In the games, remember that Black City and White Forest exist depending on your version in the exact same location and time. There are also other different elements that go beyond basic Pokemon differences. How can this difficulty be overcome? The only options are either Coexistence or Alternate Time-lines. For the case of coexistence, the movies would more than likely be continuations. For the case of Alternate Time-lines, it is only possible for these movies to do just that. It is too early to tell which one is true.

I do believe that alternate time-lines is the possibility. Why? All the movies have tended to go on about and the anime continues as if nothing ever happened. This makes alternate time-lines easier with the expense that neither movie can ever be referenced to again. Maybe besides future movies if the same time-line split is committed. Or if some freakish time/space continuum disaster happens in which the two alternate time-lines somehow become coexistent in the same canon.

One more thing, if you haven't gotten a clue by now. These movies will more likely than not involve Black City and White Forest. That would be a strong enough motive to create two different movies.

I will remember someday...that 2011 was...

About three I was absolutely positive:

First, Victini was a telepathy Pokemon.

Second, there was a part of it–and I didn’t know how dominant that part might be-that thirsted for Ash to save the world again like in the past 14 movies without a scratch and probably be revived from his death.

And Third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with Iris.
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Kibagorules!
Slashy Slashy!

Nature: Adamant
NUUU!!!
I <3 Zekrom!!
No im not the other word for happy and then the other synonym for the other word for happy!!
Why?No gender!Why no Zekrom!
And they should have made one with Colbeon Virizeon and Terrakion!
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Silver25
Trainer

I highly doubt the movies will have the same story line. They'll most likely be different yet intertwine somehow (I mean both Legendaries were one pokemon at one point, how can they not?). I am interested to see if this trend continues AND is they add the Musketeer Trio somehow in these two. Or if they simply will get their own movie or stay in the anime.
Old February 12th, 2011, 11:49 PM
de_darkrai

Hope that the story will be diff coz if it's the same,it sucks.

BTW,all of the movies are related isn't it?

Collecting Events. Owner of the Singapore Pikachu Events.
Waiting for Pokemon Black2 & White2

Old February 13th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_darkrai View Post
Hope that the story will be diff coz if it's the same,it sucks.

BTW,all of the movies are related isn't it?
They are not canon to the tv show (with the exception of Pokrmon 2000). They are also not related besides the main characters, but the first 3 movies in the Sinnoh saga of movies were related (The Rise of Darkrai, Giratina & The Sky Warrior, and Arceus and the Jewel of Life).

The first two basically set-up the third while each having their own storyline which is what I am thinking will happen with these upcoming Black & White movies. What is a little confusing is that both feature Victini in the title so it will be interesting to see what it's connection to all of this is. And not to mention the downloadable Kerudio which makes it seem as though it will be featured in the movie(s) in some way. And that to me makes it seem like the Musketeer Trio will make an appearance somehow as well considering Kerudio is basically the unofficial 4th member of the Trio.

A lot of information to speculate with but not enough to confirm anything.

Last edited by Silver25; February 13th, 2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old February 13th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Considering it hasn't been posted here yet, heres a little scan:
Spoiler:

Old February 13th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver25 View Post
They are not canon to the tv show (with the exception of Pokrmon 2000). They are also not related besides the main characters, but the first 2 movies in the Sinnoh saga of movies were related (The Rise of Darkrai, Giratina & The Sky Warrior, and Arceus and the Jewel of Life).
You cannot prove that. There is actually a lot of evidence pointing to the movies being canon. If anything, Pokemon 2000 isn't canon because Ash never recognized an Articuno after that.

• Movie 1: Over the course of a couple episodes Mewtwo was seen breaking out of the lab and battle footage at Giovanni's gym can be seen. Furthermore, the film used footage of the amazing Gary Oak battling Mewtwo.
  • Movie 5: Ash immediately recognized Latios in the Sinnoh League. The only time Ash met one of those was in this movie.
  • Movie 7: LaRousse city is Drew's hometown.
  • Movie 8: Ash's aura abilities from here have been mentioned in a few episodes.
  • Movie 10: Dawn bought a Lunar Wing in the movie that later appears in the normal anime.
There's more evidence for the movies being canon than not.

Right now I'm expecting this to be the second Unova movie. We'll probably get another trilogy again. They're being released so close together though, so maybe they'll both be short. <_>

Paired to cr4y

Last edited by Kirbychu; February 13th, 2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old February 13th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post

You cannot prove that. There is actually a lot of evidence pointing to the movies being canon. If anything, Pokemon 2000 isn't canon because Ash never recognized an Articuno after that.

• Movie 1: Over the course of a couple episodes Mewtwo was seen breaking out of the lab and battle footage at Giovanni's gym can be seen. Furthermore, the film used footage of the amazing Gary Oak battling Mewtwo.
  • Movie 5: Ash immediately recognized Latios in the Sinnoh League. The only time Ash met one of those was in this movie.
  • Movie 7: LaRousse city is Drew's hometown.
  • Movie 8: Ash's aura abilities from here have been mentioned in a few episodes.
  • Movie 10: Dawn bought a Lunar Wing in the movie that later appears in the normal anime.
There's more evidence for the movies being canon than not.

Right now I'm expecting this to be the second Unova movie. We'll probably get another trilogy again. They're being released so close together though, so maybe they'll both be short. <_>
First off, Pokemon 2000 is canon. While in the Whirl Islands Ash mentions he met a Lugia in the Orange Islands a while back. Yes there is the DUB error with him implying he has never seen an Articuno.

Second, I haven't seen a few of them in a LONG time so I don't remember every single detail in the movies For example:

-I didn't know about Dawn and the Lunar Wing.
-I thought there was one more instance where Ash met a Latios. There isn't so my mistake.
-I remember Drew was from LaRousse city, but I don't remember if it was ever mentioned in the tv show.
-I'd have to watch the Riolu episode to hear exactly what was said about Ash's aura abilities in the tv series.
-As for Mewtwo vs Gary, I do remember that it just slipped my mind.

So they ARE canon to the tv series - my mistake.

Last edited by Silver25; February 13th, 2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old February 13th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I somehow feel that it will be double movie...
For example it could be double programm in cinemas and it could be on two-sided DVD/Blue-Ray.
But those are my thoughts

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 13th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Lol Kirbychu. But then, perhaps change the section title?

I think we all had that idea Hiiro. I was even thinking it'd be Meoletta and the Light Hero: Reshiram.

You're right AK47, it should be based on Black City and White Forest, it's just odd that they are coming out at the same time. All I want to know is why Victini is #000 in the Unova Dex, which the movies should reveal to us. I can't wait to see them, but that'll be next year.
Old February 13th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
All I want to know is why Victini is #000 in the Unova Dex, which the movies should reveal to us. I can't wait to see them, but that'll be next year.
The anime never really specified on a Pokémon's place number in the PokéDex did it?

I don't really see the anime explaining why Victini is listed as #000, but they'll probably explain why it has a connection with both Zekrom and Reshiram. Personally, I think Victini's placement on the PokéDex was just an idea stirred up by GameFreak to have the fans guessing, seeing as it's never been done before. They wanted to change up a few things this generation, and so they did.
Old February 13th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Silver25
Trainer

There is also the possibility that this whole "Two Movies at the Same Time" thing is a marketing ploy. It may be that both are really one single movie containing both Zekrom and Reshiram. I mean they never really revealed reliable information on any of the movies to begin with in my opinion. For example: the Zoroark movie was originally Pokemon Z or Trainer Z or something like that. And they used clips that weren't even in the movie at all. So that is one possibility.

And to go along with that, there are so many legendaries this Gen that they have plenty of different options for more movies within the Black and White series.
Old February 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

OMG it actually the same movie with two different plots ; According to March's CoroCoro anyway. Wow, I want to see how this plays out xD

Anyway, from PokeBeach:
Quote:
The first scan reveals that there will be two versions of this summer's Pokemon movie: Victini and the Dark Hero: Zekrom and Victini and the Light Hero: Reshiram. The magazine does not specify what it means by "version," but we can probably assume the movies will be like the video games where they share the same general plot with only some superficial differences (such as the Legendary Pokemon "Hero" that appears). The Pokemon movie website will update tomorrow, so perhaps it will elaborate more about the different "versions" and the level of differences between the two.

The first scan also announces that fans will be able to vote for either a Unova Pokemon (the 153 known species, including Victini), a Pikachu, or a Meowth. Starting June 15th, players will be able to download the winner to their games.

The second scan, which is a blown-up version of the first, says "For the first time ever, there are two versions of the movie!! There are also two versions of the poster! Which one do you think will make a better movie?" Children can draw their version of either the Victini and the Dark Hero: Zekrom poster or the Victini and the Light Hero: Reshiram poster. The winning fanart for each movie will be printed as a real movie poster and will also be featured in its movie. Furthermore, the two artists who win will be given small voice roles in their respective movie.

The third scan states that the Victini which patrons can download at the movie theaters will come holding a Fire Jewel, inside a Cherish Ball, and with a Wish Ribbon. As revealed previously, the Victini will know V-Generate.

The fifth scan states that between February 15th and March 14th, players of Black and White will be able to download a Zorua Zoroark over the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. This Zoroark comes with the special move Bark Out. The page illustrates how if you breed the Zoroark with Ditto, you'll get a Zorua with Bark Out as well.
Old February 14th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
OMG it actually the same movie with two different plots ; According to March's CoroCoro anyway. Wow, I want to see how this plays out xD

Anyway, from PokeBeach:
Very interesting. I'm excited to see how this plays out. I figure it makes perfect sense that they are the same movie considering Reshiram's and Zekrom's shared history. It's also possible that the whole "once being one single pokemon" will be tied in somehow.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here