The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:57 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
In the indigo league? I haven't watched the show in a long time on account of it ceasing to be good after the first season, but I have always wondered this, why on earth would they leave the elite four out?
Old January 31st, 2011, 07:03 PM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
They have never exculded the eliete four in any region. The reason that Ash hasn't faced them is because in order to challenge in the 'Champions League" a trainer must first win their region's tourtament. For example if I originated from Johto, I could only challenge the Elite Four when I acumulate all 8 Johto badges and win my region's tourtament/conference.

This was breifly explained by Lucian in one of the Episodes. I think it was: "An Elite meet and greet."
Old January 31st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Actually, every single member of the original Kanto Elite 4 has appeared in the anime at one point. Ash has actually battled (and lost) against Lorelei (Prima) and Agatha. It has been hinted that when a trainer wins their respective region's Pokemon League, they can participate in the Elite Four Challenge, fighting the four members of that region's Elite Four, and then possibly the Champion as well.

Paired to cr4y

Old January 31st, 2011, 07:05 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Huh okay thats interesting did they say that in any of the episodes? I'm talking to curious
Old January 31st, 2011, 07:07 PM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspie3000 View Post
Huh okay thats interesting did they say that in any of the episodes? I'm talking to curious
Lucian of the Sinnoh Elite Four mentioned this to Ash and his friends. Like I said it was in the episode "The Elite Meet and Greet." I can link the episode to you if you like.
Old January 31st, 2011, 07:12 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

No thats all right but why did they call Lorelei prima?
Old January 31st, 2011, 07:16 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspie3000 View Post
No thats all right but why did they call Lorelei prima?
Lorelei's name was changed to Prima in the English version of the anime because 4kids was trying to fit the amount of syllables the Japanese name has. The English name "Lorelei" is three syllables while the Japanese name "Kanna" is only two. The name change really just made dubbing easier.

By the way, rather than locking this thread in the future, I'm moving it to the FAQ thread.

Paired to cr4y

Old February 13th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Bastiodon
Beginning Trainer

I heard it was a battle between trainer Gold and Ash! I went to the San Jose B/W Pokemon Tour but the tickets were all given away too early for all showings of the movie . Anyone know where we can watch all the mini-movies or at least a place that lists them all??

Thanks and I am new to this website.
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:24 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

How many times have Ash and Brock battled?
Old February 14th, 2011, 09:24 PM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHl4Y...eature=related
Here's a bit of it, there's some useless text before it. Really cool, I'm interested in seeing the whole for sure.
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Welcome to the website! I'm going to move this to the FAQ thread, since it fits better there.

Actually, this mini-movie you're talking about is really just the opening of the 13th movie. It was cut when said movie aired on TV for whatever reason.

I don't quite know what you mean by "watch all the mini-movies". If you're referring to the openings of each Pokemon movie, then you should just try searching online a bit.

Paired to cr4y

Old February 15th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Bastiodon
Beginning Trainer

Thanks for moving this to FAQ thread! I got lots of replies now! When I said "mini-movies" I meant stuff like Pikachu's Vacation and all those other ones I forgot about! Or was there not one for this movie? Also, thanks for the link for the Jimmy Vs. Ash!
Old February 15th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastiodon View Post
Thanks for moving this to FAQ thread! I got lots of replies now! When I said "mini-movies" I meant stuff like Pikachu's Vacation and all those other ones I forgot about! Or was there not one for this movie? Also, thanks for the link for the Jimmy Vs. Ash!
Oh, you mean all the Pikachu shorts. The members here aren't allowed to give you episodes, but I can give you a list. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikachu_shorts

Paired to cr4y

Old February 15th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post
Apart from the battle in Pewter City gym, I think Ash and Brock had a number of training battles, one of which I can recall was in the Battle Frontier saga, where Mudkip evolved in Marshtomp. There might be many such instances where Ash was just training with Brock, so I don't have the exact number. XD;;
Old February 16th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:

Just to exspand on what Regeneration said, be a little more helpful. The episode was titled "A chip off the old Brock" in the Battle frontier saga. Also, they had a little tag battle in Pewter City Gym against team rocket, also in the frontier saga titled "Grating Spaces"

Old February 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
hamguy4456
Heracross fanatic

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to hamguy4456
Hey all, I stopped watching the anime after Johto (well, not completely. I caught an episode here and there every now and then) but have been considering picking it up again. I was wondering whether they ever make any references or bring in any cameos from past seasons? If so, how frequently do they occur?

On a side note, is Gary still the rival? If not, whatever happened to him?

Last edited by hamguy4456; February 16th, 2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old February 16th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy4456 View Post
Hey all, I stopped watching the anime after Johto (well, not completely. I caught an episode here and there every now and then) but have been considering picking it up again. I was wondering whether they ever make any references or bring in any cameos from past seasons? If so, how frequently do they occur?

On a side note, is Gary still the rival? If not, whatever happened to him?
This belongs in the FAQ thread.~

To answer your question, they do reference older seasons, but those references get less common each saga. In Black and White there are almost no references at all, Ash didn't even remember how to properly catch a Pokemon.
Misty appeared a few times in Hoenn and the Battle Frontier, and May appeared once in Sinnoh. Dawn and Brock both got specials in Black and White as well. Hoenn and the Battle Frontier are the closest things we have to a mature and experienced Ash, he even acts as a mentor to May at times.
We rarely get to see Ash's old Pokemon. We see quite a few during the Battle Frontier, and he uses them during the Sinnoh League as well. A certain member from his Johto squad evolves during the Sinnoh league as well.

After the Johto League Gary randomly left to become a Pokemon Researcher. He appears at the end of the Battle Frontier and a couple times in Sinnoh.

Paired to cr4y

Old February 16th, 2011, 11:50 PM
hamguy4456
Heracross fanatic

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to hamguy4456
Thanks for the redirect.
I think I'll be getting back into this soon, I've got a lot of ground to cover. Thanks for the detailed info!
Old February 19th, 2011, 03:30 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

How old is Iris and Trip?
Old February 19th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Quote:
How old is Iris and Trip?
Their ages haven't been revealed as of now.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 05:22 PM
XUMENG34
Booted out - don't be like me!

Hello,I'm not interested in playing games,but fond of anime, so I wanna know the differences between the games and anime,I mean, sometimes they seems in a similiar style.Thanks!
Old February 23rd, 2011, 06:15 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

I'm going to go ahead and move this to the questions thread.

This wonderful article might answer your question.

Paired to cr4y

Old February 25th, 2011, 11:40 PM
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
I'm a night owl, so I don't watch pokemon b/w on tv. I have caught the first two episodes on hulu though, does oshuwat ever actually join ash?
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old February 25th, 2011, 11:48 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Yes Ash catches Oshawott in the 3rd episode.
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:33 AM
SonicTH
Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan

Send a message via Skype™ to SonicTH
Hi all...(I hope I post it in the right topic...I'm new here...If I understood correctly,it's topic about any questions about Anime...Sorry if something is wrong)
I really need your help...Can anyone help me found number and name of the serie for these screenshot? It is necessary for me and my friends for our game.
Pleeease,I need your help...=( Thank you...
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here