Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page Spoilers Movie 14 - BW Victini & Reshiram/Zekrom

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old February 14th, 2011 (05:30 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Ah I was hoping it was an alternate time/realm thing...not different version of the same story...
Old February 15th, 2011 (04:57 AM).
The Lonely Physicist
Crystal Tier

Nature: Serious

Technically, the similarity in plot qualifies it for a split timeline movie. There really aren't any Other possibilities.

Now... All that's left is to make sense of how this is going to work out...

Notice: The Pokemon BW series never aired.

Dissenters will receive warm, slimy, totum corpus punishment
Old February 15th, 2011 (06:26 AM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Hmm, I was so focused on how they're going to make these two double-feature films work - especially now, I forgot about how Team Rocket's new personalities will fit into these movies. Usually, they're the jokers that get wacked on, but now they're all so serious about their business it makes me think differently.
Old February 15th, 2011 (07:34 AM).
meow
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
I am slightly disappointed to know that both movies are going to have a similar plot. =\ We'll just have to wait and watch how the writers work this out, but I highly doubt whether the two movies can be thrilling enough. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that the quality of Pokemon movies has been falling ever since the DP saga.

As for the plot, I can't make much sense out of it as of now, but here's it for ready reference:
Quote:
In it, Ash, Iris & Cilan go to the Harvest Festival in Aintork, an area of Unova and Victini appears. However, from there, the movies differ as Zekrom appears after seeing a person looking for a strong ideal while Reshiram appears after seeing someone who is looking for the truth. We'll get further details as the time goes up until the launch of the movies in July.
-Sourced off Serebii
Old February 15th, 2011 (07:49 AM).
Majestic Dawn

I find this a complete rip off.

Next there'll be three movies...

Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011
Old February 15th, 2011 (08:12 AM).
Knight of Cydonia

Nature: Modest
This will either prove to be a masterstroke, a revolutionary bit of film-making or just pure money generating rubbish.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmvnXKRfdb8&feature=related
Old February 15th, 2011 (12:56 PM).
apple bunny lover <3

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Erufuun
The way I see it, double the Victini cannot be all that bad~ <333
But I am certainly interested in seeing how this will play this out. I hope they won't be too similar.

Old February 15th, 2011 (01:02 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I hope they can pull it off. Hopefully it won't seem like we watch the same thing twice. At least it will certainly be interesting.
Old February 15th, 2011 (03:52 PM).

Nature: Naive
I figure that the two movies can be discussed in the same thread, so I merged the Light Hero thread with the Dark Hero one.

Two different versions of the same movie? I called it.
Old February 15th, 2011 (07:18 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

I like the idea of the movies starting off the same and then changing. Maybe the lighting/music will be different in both at the start so you can differentiate between the two and get a feel of both movies being different. That's just imo though, but I sense the Zekrom movie seeming darker, whereas the Reshiram one being lighter. I think they'll be able to make both movies awesome. :x /wants to see Zekrom one
Old February 16th, 2011 (05:43 PM). Edited February 16th, 2011 by fenyx4.
HOENN CONFIRMED!

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Silver25:
They are not canon to the tv show (with the exception of Pokrmon 2000). They are also not related besides the main characters, but the first 3 movies in the Sinnoh saga of movies were related (The Rise of Darkrai, Giratina & The Sky Warrior, and Arceus and the Jewel of Life).
Gwah? To invalidate Mewtwo Strikes Back just like that? I'm personally of the opinion that all movies are canon, but if it were restricted to one, Mewtwo Strikes Back is way more canon than The Power of One, as awesome a movie as it is.

Quote originally posted by Hiiro:
The anime never really specified on a Pokémon's place number in the PokéDex did it?

I don't really see the anime explaining why Victini is listed as #000, but they'll probably explain why it has a connection with both Zekrom and Reshiram. Personally, I think Victini's placement on the PokéDex was just an idea stirred up by GameFreak to have the fans guessing, seeing as it's never been done before. They wanted to change up a few things this generation, and so they did.
Ugh...that's one of the changes of Generation 5 I dislike. Putting it right at the beginning like that implies that it was the first Unova Pokemon discovered, and yet it is still a "Legendary/Mythical" Pokemon just like the ones near the end of the Unova PokeDex. And if any Pokemon is getting #000, I'd prefer that it be this guy:

I'm just thankful that Victini's National PokeDex number isn't #000 - that would be even worse.

LOL...so now the writers are pulling One Movie For The Price Of Two... :cer_laugh:

Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
I don't know why they couldn't incorporate both of the legends into the movie. I hope the story lines are different and they just didn't make a separate movies with the same story line and a different legendary.
The idea of two movies is interesting, but the fact that they share the same plot is a major downer. Two radically different plots would have been great; otherwise I'd rather the writers just combine both of the main Tao Dragons into one movie. Two versions of the "same" game is one thing, but two movies might be even worse. I'm reminded of the Power Rangers SPD episode Perspective, which essentially repeated the same footage five times in the span of 20 minutes. Watching movies takes quite a while, so I really hope the differentiation is worth it.

Finally, I'm a bit annoyed that they waited until now to unveil the idea of two counterpart BW movies. I'll excuse it if the writers were undecided on the route they were taking with the story back when Victini and the Black Hero: Zekrom, but if they've had the idea since then, I feel that it's blatant favoritism toward Zekrom, who somewhat has a headstart of sorts. I don't see the point in delaying the announcement of Reshiram's movie; just announce them both simultaneously.

On the other hand, I'm glad Reshiram is actually getting a movie! :D Now it's not so one-sided as I previously thought - Reshiram just needs a TV episode appearance, and the number of appearances of Reshiram and Zekrom will be "equal".

Oh, and I love what the developers did with the 14th movie website! I was in a computer lab at a Mac earlier, and I went to the site not knowing that Reshiram and Zekrom would announce their presence. Cue the Black and White Pokemon's roars resonating throughout the room. :cer_laugh: I felt it was pretty cool, though, and I hope the American website does the same thing.

Currently in intermittent forum activity for 2015. ;_; Credit to Game Freak for avatar and signature. Tune into TOONAMI!
Old February 16th, 2011 (11:07 PM).

Quote originally posted by fenyx4:
Gwah? To invalidate Mewtwo Strikes Back just like that? I'm personally of the opinion that all movies are canon, but if it were restricted to one, Mewtwo Strikes Back is way more canon than The Power of One, as awesome a movie as it is.
If you kept on reading you'd see that I corrected this.
Old February 17th, 2011 (12:31 AM). Edited February 17th, 2011 by fenyx4.
HOENN CONFIRMED!

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Silver25:
If you kept on reading you'd see that I corrected this.
My mistake; looks like I skimmed over the correction. :( Sorry.

Currently in intermittent forum activity for 2015. ;_; Credit to Game Freak for avatar and signature. Tune into TOONAMI!
Old February 18th, 2011 (12:55 PM).
Natural.....

Looks like I found a picture.
Old February 19th, 2011 (12:30 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
If it's truth then OH YEAH! Reshiram is on Satoshi's side!
I was hoping to see Satoshi as the one Reshiram's searching for. =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 27th, 2011 (11:28 AM).
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
More movie 14 stuff courtesy of PokeBeach:

---
It seems Victini and the Black Hero: Zekrom and Victini and the White Hero: Reshiram won't be simple carbon copies of each other. According to Searchina News, the two movies will diverge at some point in their plots, which will lead to different endings. The full translation of the Searchina news story is below courtesy of Bangiras. What other differences will we see in these movies?

Quote:
Black and White, what will you do?

The 14th Pokemon movie, “Best Wishes: Victini and the Dark Hero Zekrom” has already been announced for a release this summer on July 16th. However, on the 14th it was announced that “Light Hero Reshiram” is also in the works and will be released on the same day. How the screening will be handled is still unknown, but this screening is an experiment and a historical first for Japanese animé. People are wondering how ticket prices will be affected and if the runtime and contents of each film will be shortened.

It appears that the contents of each movie will be different, with “Dark Hero Zekrom” featuring people in pursuit of dreams and “Light Hero Reshiram” featuring people in pursuit of truth. The protagonist is once again Ash, and along with Pikachu he enters a Pokemon tournament at a harvest festival in the town of Aind Oak, a town called “home to the people of the earth." There they meet Victini, who’s known as the Victory Pokemon. From that point, as in the Pokemon Black and White video games, the stories diverge and each one moves towards a different ending. Which ending occurs will ultimately be determined by all of you.
The official Japanese Pokemon website also released a press release which has some additional minor information about the two movies. Translations again are courtesy of Bangiras. "Which one will you see?" Oh yeah like you guys only want us to see one.

Quote:
In addition to the previously announced title of this year’s movie, “Victini and the Dark Hero Zekrom," we’re also announcing the title of a second film, “Victini and the Light Hero Reshiram!" That’s right, this year’s Pokemon movie is two films! Better yet, they’re coming out on the same day! In addition, our “Pikachu the Movie” logo has also been powered up to show that there are two films - the word “DUAL” has been attached to the posters! Zekrom represents the “darkness of dreams” and Reshiram represents the “light of truth." This summer, which one will you see?
---

The people of earth sound very interesting. Maybe they'll do an elemental thing for the next movies. One with the people of water? xD But yeah, they sound interesting and mysterious.

Also, what do they mean by "which one will you see"? Of course people will want and see both.

Zekrom represents the “darkness of dreams” and Reshiram represents the “light of truth." - Nice :D

I do wonder how CN will show this when they air it. Perhaps back-to-back? I'm pretty sure the DVD will be two separate releases though.
Old February 27th, 2011 (11:32 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

^ I would actually much rather see a two disk edition with both movies on DVD first then having CN air and most probably mess with it first.

Old February 27th, 2011 (11:42 AM).
The Lonely Physicist
Crystal Tier

Nature: Serious
Oy if only rep was still here ^__^

"Rep this post if you're watching BOTH movies!"

But yeah, I'll be watching both movies, but I think my main interest will be watching the Zekrom movie first.

Oh, and I called alternate plots and timelines :D I win

Notice: The Pokemon BW series never aired.

Dissenters will receive warm, slimy, totum corpus punishment
Old February 27th, 2011 (11:47 AM).
pin pin

I repped your post... or at least commented on it that I did xP

We all saw the alternative timeline thing

Ah good point, I'll be interested in seeing the Reshiram movie first.

Why did they announce the Zekrom movie first, hmmm....
Old March 2nd, 2011 (09:49 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by PokéBeach:
A special mini-version of CoroCoro magazine, CoroCoro SP, was released in Japan yesterday; inside is a tear-out "countdown poster" for the two Victini movies. In the top center, you can see a man with black and white hair, a woman wearing a red hat, and the Pokemon Hydreigon, Reuniclus, Golurk, and Gothitelle. What do you want to make a bet that the man is the bad guy and that Gothitelle will only appear in one movie while Reuniclus will only appear in the other? Thanks goes to AAPF for the scan and Viper.Fox for the heads up!

I guess the main Villan for the movie is the guy at the top.

Old March 2nd, 2011 (10:01 AM).
pin pin

LOL! While I waited for the page to load so I could edit my post, you already posted the scan.

I don't like the villain's hair. The shape not the colour, the colour's great. That's all really. Even th Pokemon are version exclusive ie. Reunclus and Gothetele or whatever. I hope we can download the guys Hydreigon as an event Pokemon! :D
Old March 2nd, 2011 (10:27 AM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
I don't like the look of the girl; she looks like Gothitelle \: and that just's weird.

Bluerang1 Hydreigon won't be an event since it's not really a necessary Pokemon.

Why Golurk and Hydre though \: I mean yeah Goth and Reun are opposites for versions but Hydre is found in both versions whilst Golurk is found in White, they should have the opposite to Golurk instead >:(
And I won't let you down

1349 6159 4149 // black magic // get weird
Old March 2nd, 2011 (12:39 PM).
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I'm glad they didn't leave Dento out of the posters, in the D/P ones they only had Ash/Dawn in it sso hurray. I'm excited for these films.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old March 3rd, 2011 (02:04 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Spoiler:
The website for the two Victini movies - Victini and the Dark Hero: Zekrom and Victini and the Light Hero: Reshiram - has just updated with basic plot and character information as well as with the trailer that aired on Oha Suta a few hours ago. The character page reveals that the male lead character, Dread, will have different clothes in each movie because in Zekrom he travels in the wilderness whereas in Reshiram he travels in a tundra. The movies will also feature a different child in each, with a girl in Zekrom and a boy in Reshiram; wanna make a bet they're linked to the main Legendaries (maybe they even are the Legendaries)? As we already knew, some Pokemon will be exclusive to each movie depending on which you see. Bangiras has translated all of the information below. So far, the plot sounds like a mix between the Lucario and Arceus movies with a dash of Manaphy.
Ash, Pikachu, Iris, and Cilan, who are traveling through the Unova region, arrive at Aind Oak, a town with a sprawling castle at its center called the "Earth's Sword." This town once flourished as the "Kingdom of the People of the Earth," but has now fallen into decline. Ash and friends participate in a battle in celebration of Aind Oak's harvest festival. There, they meet and befriend Victini, a mythical Pokemon who can gift a mysterious power to humans and Pokemon. Dread Grangil, a descendant of the People of the Earth who wishes to restore the kingdom, schemes to use Victini's power to move the "Earth’s Sword," but as a result, Aind Oak will be engulfed in horrific disasters. If he accomplishes his goal, will Ash and his friends be able to save the town from crisis? And what of Victini's fate? Add to this the mystery of Zekrom and Reshiram, and you'll be awed by the greatest adventure in the history of Pokemon!
  • Dread: A descendant of the People of the Earth. He hopes to restore the "Kingdom of the People of the Earth," so he's journeying through the country and the wilds in search of the scattered remnants of the Earth's People.
  • Sayd (Exclusive to Zekrom): A little girl who's a descendant of the People of the Earth. She lives in the wilderness, far from the old kingdom.
  • Ohdo (Exclusive to Reshiram): A little boy who's a descendant of the People of the Earth. He lives in the tundra, far from the old kingdom.
  • Carlita: Dread's little sister. She lives in Aind Oak. She participates in the battle in celebration of the harvest festival. She uses a Hydreigon.
  • Janta: Dread's mother. She knows the story of Victini that's handed down by the People of the Earth.
  • Mormont: Aind Oak's mayor. He knows the story of Victini that's handed down by the People of the Earth (Okay so what is it movie website?!). He organizes the battle in celebration of the harvest festival.
  • Victini: A mythical Pokemon that Ash and company meet in Aind Oak. It's cowardly and usually hides, but it's said that when there's a person or Pokemon it likes, it sneakily gives them its mysterious power. It loves treats called macaroons.
  • Zekrom (Exclusive to Zekrom): A Pokemon called a legend. It will reveal itself for the first time when it recognizes a strong-hearted person who pursues "dreams."
  • Reshiram (Exclusive to Reshiram): A Pokemon called a legend. It will reveal itself for the first time when it recognizes a strong-hearted person who pursues "truth."
  • Hydreigon: Carlita's Pokemon. Will it do well in the harvest festival competition?!
  • Golurk: Janta's Pokemon. It helps out at the souvenir shop that Janta runs.
  • Reuniclus (Exclusive to Zekrom): Dread's partner Pokemon. It travels through the wilderness with Dread.
  • Gothitelle (Exclusive to Reshiram): Dread's partner Pokemon. It travels through the tundra with Dread.

Source : Pokebeach

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old March 3rd, 2011 (07:32 AM). Edited March 3rd, 2011 by Bluerang1.
pin pin

Ah ok you've already posted it. It's an interesting concept, they say it's the greatest Pokemon adventure yet, it must be really good then. So that's why Victini is #000 in the Regional Dex, it was the first Unova Pokemon, I guess. I look forward to watching this, next year Dx And the characters look different, more American showing that Unova is based outside Japan, which we know (New York geographically, the United States as a whole culturally).
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)