• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create a Pokémon Thread!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Thank you Ghostie~

That is a good idea too. I was thinking Grass and Fire since Jack O' Lanterns have candles in them.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Pokemon FOR SURE needs a damned lion pokemon. Don't even bring up Growlithe and Arcanine, those are pathetic excuses for lions. I'm talking all Aslan with the flowing mane and fierce tan color and all dat shiz.

Spr_4h_244.png

Uh...Entei says hi? :cer_confused:
Volcanic lion FTW. Oddly enough, I still refer to Entei and his buddies as Legendary Dogs. The word "Dog" just sounds cooler than "Cat"... >.<

This thread should be stickied; LOL. One of the most prominent activities in the Pokemon fandom IMO, other than sprite fusions and Pokemon fanfics.

I tend to try and amalgam different Fakemon I come across into evolution lines and such, rather than making my own Pokemon schematics... :\

205px-Brachinus_spPCCA20060328-2821B.jpg

Recently, I liked the idea of a bombardier beetle Pokemon, possibly with scarab beetle features as well. Typing would likely be Fire/Bug. Names I can think of at the moment are:

1. Scarabomb and Scarabaku (portmanteaus of scarab and bomb; baku=bomb in Japanese); and

2. Coalorabid
(combination of coal; Coleoptera [scientific order for beetles]; Carabidae [scientific family for ground beetles]; and rabid.)

3. Heetle and Heatle/Heatuhl (portmanteaus and corruptions of heat and beetle; a bit basic, IMO)

4. Ardant (portmanteau of ardent and ant; would fit better if aforementioned Fakemon sported antlike/Formicidean features)

Maybe I might whip up a hypothetical moveset later on...?

Last edited:
Years
Spr_4h_244.png

Uh...Entei says hi? :cer_confused:
Volcanic lion FTW. Oddly enough, I still refer to Entei and his buddies as Legendary Dogs. The word "Dog" just sounds cooler than "Cat"... >.<

This thread should be stickied; LOL. One of the most prominent activities in the Pokemon fandom IMO, other than sprite fusions and Pokemon fanfics.

I tend to try and amalgam different Fakemon I come across into evolution lines and such, rather than making my own Pokemon schematics... :\

205px-Brachinus_spPCCA20060328-2821B.jpg

Recently, I liked the idea of a bombardier beetle Pokemon, possibly with scarab beetle features as well. Typing would likely be Fire/Bug. Names I can think of at the moment are:

1. Scarabomb and Scarabaku (portmanteaus of scarab and bomb; baku=bomb in Japanese); and

2. Coalorabid
(combination of coal; Coleoptera [scientific order for beetles]; Carabidae [scientific family for ground beetles]; and rabid.)

3. Heetle (portmanteau of heat and beetle; a bit basic, IMO)

4. Ardant (portmanteau of ardent and ant; would fit better if aforementioned Fakemon sported antlike/Formicidean features)

Maybe I might whip up a hypothetical moveset later on...?
1, 2 and 4 are very creative names. Ardant is quite like Durant. Scarabomb is epic cool and Coalorabid reminds me of rabies for some reason. xD

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Years
Thank you Ghostie~

That is a good idea too. I was thinking Grass and Fire since Jack O' Lanterns have candles in them.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. But dark typing makes sense too. Fire is more interesting though, since we have Shiftry already.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
They should make a dragon type that looks like the mortal kombat dragon symbol, or make it fire and flying and the final evolution of a starter like charizard. Maybe they should do a ghost pokemon based off of Pagliacci the clown or the onibaba from Japanese folklore.

Archipelago

Who knows?
Years
My personal take on a Tapir, which I think fits the niche better than Musharna does.

Tapin > Happiness > Taporl > Leafstone > Taporda

Name: Tapin
Type: Ground
Ability: Pick up
The young-Tapir Pokemon
As a young Pokemon, it has yet to learn its battle potential. While it is somewhat lack-lustre at battles, its body has natural camouflage, allowing it to avoid harm by hiding in the tall grass.
Appearance: Think of a baby Tapir. It keeps a hazel brown colour, and is marked with stripes much like a real life baby Brazilian tapir. Its eyes a a deep green, and it sports a single tiny horn on its forehead. It is much the size of the ordinary household cat.
Moveset: Tackle (1), Growl (1), Camouflage (5), Sand-attack (8), Mud-slap (13), Watergun (18)

Name: Taporl
Type: Ground/Grass
Ability: Dry-skin/Thick fat
The Baird Pokemon
Since evolution, Taporl have become much more confident than their somewhat more timid prevolution. Despite their Ground typing, they have been known to be keen swimmers, using muddy water to cool their dry bodies. They have been known to fill their large appetites by using vines to pick up food.
Appearance: Roughly the size of a Great-Dane, Taporl have lost most of their patterns, although it still covers their ankles and jaws. The single horn has grown slightly, although it is still tiny. Now that is has become a Grass-type, its back has begun to grow a thin layer of moss which covers their back, and one or two plants have begun to grow too.
Moveset: Tackle (1), Growl (1), Camouflage (5), Sand-attack (8), Mud-slap (13), Yawn (15), Vine Whip (16), Foresight (19), Leechseed (21), Bite (26), Dig (30), Mega drain (34), Muddy-water (40), Synthesis (45), Earthquake (49).

Name: Taporda
Type: Ground/Grass
Ability: Dry-skin/Thick fat
The Baird Pokemon
Now in their prime, Taporda are very protective over their young, or in the more domesticated case, trainers. They are very powerful physically, and work as excellent pack animals, rivalling that of Rhyhorn. Much like their prevolution, they enjoy swimming, and have been seen doing so for great distances in order to find food.
Appearance: Now the size of a horse, the patterns adorning their body have vanished completely, instead being replaced by the thick moss which once covered their backs. Now the vegetation covering the creature have become much more extravagant, covered in a variety of colourful flowers which work well for camouflage. The single horn has since grown to the size of a rhino's, although it is mostly for display rather than combat.
Moveset: Camouflage (1), Yawn (1), Mega drain (1), Muddy-water (1), Megahorn (50).

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
1, 2 and 4 are very creative names. Ardant is quite like Durant. Scarabomb is epic cool and Coalorabid reminds me of rabies for some reason. xD

Thank you very much for the comments! I didn't even know there was a new Pokemon named Durant... >_>

LOL at the rabies comment.
2.%20laugh.gif
A fire/bomb beetle with rabies would be freaky weird, indeed. Maybe it could have a higher rate of the Pokerus? :D

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Yeah, that's what I thought too. But dark typing makes sense too. Fire is more interesting though, since we have Shiftry already.

Yeah, Shiftry is Grass and Dark, although I always seem to forget he is O.o If only a pokemon could have three types.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I let my poor thread die. :( I've been working on a million ideas for my fan game and I'm inspired to see some from other people. :D

Years
@Luke: No no no! I'm still here, I've just not been posting anything as I rather post them all once I get them done.

@Rai: I have the pumpkin ready. Just needs some tweaking in details! xD

Back