The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 3rd, 2011, 05:57 PM
Folkedahl
Wizard

Nature: Lax
Pokemon FOR SURE needs a damned lion pokemon. Don't even bring up Growlithe and Arcanine, those are pathetic excuses for lions. I'm talking all Aslan with the flowing mane and fierce tan color and all dat shiz.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 4th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Muckknuckle
Azureist Priest

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkedahl View Post
Pokemon FOR SURE needs a damned lion pokemon. Don't even bring up Growlithe and Arcanine, those are pathetic excuses for lions. I'm talking all Aslan with the flowing mane and fierce tan color and all dat shiz.

Luxray. Shiny for the tan color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
Evolves from Eevee when leveled up while holding HM Fly.
You can't make Pokemon hold HM's.

Last edited by Muckknuckle; February 4th, 2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old February 4th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckknuckle View Post
You can't make Pokemon hold HM's.
Oh yeah. So how can I evolve Eevee into Zephreon? I think it will evolve at a specific area, just like Leafeon and Glaceon. I'll correct it now.

Old February 4th, 2011, 06:19 PM
GaXeL
Feraligatr Master

Nature: Lax
Barqua
Water Type
The Water Dog Pokémon
Dex: "Barquas are known for their ability to blend in with water."
Move Set:
Basic- Bite
Basic- Growl
7- Bubble
10- Agility
13- Ice Fang
16- ExtremeSpeed
22- BubbleBeam
28- Aqua Ring
35- Mist
40- Hydro Pump

Evolves at level 16----------

Cafreezdra
Water/Ice type
The Freezing Dog Pokémon
Dex: "Rumor has it that the icicles on it's back can emit terrible snowstorms"
Move Set-
16- ExtremeSpeed
25- BubbleBeam
30- Aqua Ring
33- Aurora Beam
37- Mist
44- Hydro Pump
55- Blizzdro Radiation- Pokemon emits terrible frozen cold waves doing 60 water type damage and a chance to freeze the opponent. When used in Dual team fights, it hurts everyone including the pokemons' partner.
62- Iron Tail

Evolves at level 34---------
Blizzdround
Water/Ice Type
The Elite Canine Pokémon
Dex entry: "These Pokèmon are rare to find as though the sightseers freeze when they get too close"
40- Mist
48- Hydro Pump
60- Blizzdro Radiation
67- Iron Tail
72- SuperPower
80- Thunder Shock
92- Focus Blast

Comments/Suggestions?

My sub
Old February 4th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaXeL View Post
Barqua
Water Type
The Water Dog Pokémon
Dex: "Barquas are known for their ability to blend in with water."
Move Set:
Basic- Bite
Basic- Growl
7- Bubble
10- Agility
13- Ice Fang
16- ExtremeSpeed
22- BubbleBeam
28- Aqua Ring
35- Mist
40- Hydro Pump

Evolves at level 16----------

Cafreezdra
Water/Ice type
The Freezing Dog Pokémon
Dex: "Rumor has it that the icicles on it's back can emit terrible snowstorms"
Move Set-
16- ExtremeSpeed
25- BubbleBeam
30- Aqua Ring
33- Aurora Beam
37- Mist
44- Hydro Pump
55- Blizzdro Radiation- Pokemon emits terrible frozen cold waves doing 60 water type damage and a chance to freeze the opponent. When used in Dual team fights, it hurts everyone including the pokemons' partner.
62- Iron Tail

Evolves at level 34---------
Blizzdround
Water/Ice Type
The Elite Canine Pokémon
Dex entry: "These Pokèmon are rare to find as though the sightseers freeze when they get too close"
40- Mist
48- Hydro Pump
60- Blizzdro Radiation
67- Iron Tail
72- SuperPower
80- Thunder Shock
92- Focus Blast

Comments/Suggestions?
Not bad! I liked the move you coined Blizzdro Radiation. Other than Surf, we really need a Water/Ice whole-arena move. The water dogs line is very creative. I'll say Barqua is a tad bit like Vaporeon with the ability to blend with water. I hope to see more of your ideas too.

Old February 14th, 2011, 02:42 PM
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
So people ran out of ideas? I know more of you have something to add. :)
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
A Clown pokémon. I was gonna say, until I remembered there is Mime Jr. But I think that's a pretty lousy pokémon, so a better Clown line, that's what I want!

The basic pokémon would be something Mime Jr-like, but more like an animal, I actually think. And an even larger nose. The first evo would be a fat clown, and the second evo would be either a tall, thin creepy clown, like Normal/Ghost, if it evolves at night, and a slightly less thin, but still tall, happy clown if it evolves during the day. Normal/Psychic.

Also, a Fire/Water pokémon. A boiling pokémon. That's a very powerful type combination... so maybe not give it an evolution.
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Eleceel, Zapeel and Chargeel.

Eleceel
Types: Electric/Water
Abilities: Volt Absorb/Water Absorb

Electric Eel Pokemon
Flavour Dex: This small aquatic creature has enough electricty coarsing through it's veins to paralyze an adult human.
Looks: Small electric eel bathed in a sky blue and yellow.
Evolves into Zapeel at: Level 26

Zapeel

Electric Eel Pokemon

Flavour Dex: This sometimes vicious Pokemon is known to attack anything that enters it's territory. It uses it's needle-like tail to flood it's prey's body with electricity.
Looks: A larger version of Eleceel, bathed in the same color scheme. It also has a long, slender, needle-like tail.
Evolves into Chargeel at: Level 41

Chargeel

Electric Eel Pokemon
Flavour Dex: An extremely vicious Pokemon that is ruthless in it's hunts. Because they are so vicious, two Chargeels can't even co-exist.
Looks: A large electric eel, with the same needle-like tail and still bathed in the same color scheme as it's previous forms.

Eleceel's Moveset
Basic: Thundershock
Basic: Growl
Basic: Water Sport
5: Bubble
9: Thunder Wave
13: Water Gun
17: Rain Dance
26: Thunderbolt
30: Charge Beam
38: Aqua Ring
47: Thunder Fang

Zapeel's Moveset:
26: Thunderbolt
38: Charge Beam
41: Aqua Ring
60: Thunder Fang
69: Cross Thunder

Chargeel's Moveset:
60: Thunder Fang
69: Cross Thunder
69: Lightning Strike
Old February 14th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I think that there should be an armadillo pokemon (ground/rock) and a pumpkin pokemon (grass)!

Anyone wanna help me think of names and stats? :3
Old February 14th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I think that there should be an armadillo pokemon (ground/rock) and a pumpkin pokemon (grass)!

Anyone wanna help me think of names and stats? :3
I'm working on the pumpkin. Doing research and trying to get inspiration for a name and maybe ability and stats.

Old February 15th, 2011, 01:56 AM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

A Pistol Shrimp Pokemon.

Just saying...
Old February 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Quote:
I'm working on the pumpkin. Doing research and trying to get inspiration for a name and maybe ability and stats. :)
Oh cool! :D I feel like it would have good defense but bad speed, considering pumpkins are big, bulky fruits. The name could have something to do with Jack O' Lanterns.

:O! Maybe it could be grass and fire.
Old February 15th, 2011, 09:00 PM
The Noob Hacker
Praise the sun.

Nature: Calm
Oh how I love brainstorming Pokemon concepts. Now, I haven't played Gen 5 in full yet so these ideas may already be official.

One of my ideas was a pure Flying type that I have two possible designs for. Both of which are centered around the concept of a flying pig. The first concept was a Sawblu type thing, it had a sort of cloud cape on its back. It also had clouds for hooves. The other was essentially the same thing, only with wings instead of clouds, and with regular hooves.

Another one was a humanoid Steel type that is based off a rusting, breaking, and weathering robotic organism. It would have several scratches, missing portions of its body, missing parts, and has patches of rust in various places. It would also probably look sort of depressed.

This one I'm sure everyone has thought of before: A mole with drills for hands. The only possible thing that could possibly set my vision of this very common concept is that the one I envision has padding on its shoulders, knees, and stomach.

I'm not sure what exactly the central concept is supposed to be yet, but I've always envisioned some sort of either Ice or Ice/Rock type that has long claws and is based on the characteristic that it is very good at scaling cliffs and glaciers.

That's pretty much all I have right now.
Old February 15th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Ghostie
Unidentified Ghost

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Oh cool! :D I feel like it would have good defense but bad speed, considering pumpkins are big, bulky fruits. The name could have something to do with Jack O' Lanterns.

:O! Maybe it could be grass and fire.
This idea is so great. It really does sound like a Pokemon possibility! A grass fire typing would be so very cool.

I've been thinking that they should do another fruit besides cherries (and bananas if you count Tropius). Maybe strawberries, blueberries, or peaches. Those would make for some cute Pokemon! Maybe grapes would work too. I'm not sure how to make those into Pokemon exactly, though.

Or maybe a dust bunny! I'm guessing it'd be poison type if they did, and it'd be very dirty looking. It'd be very light, so it would have good speed. It'd probably end up being one of those pointless Pokemon like Dunsparce though.

I. Am. Awesome.

Challenges Completed

Username Challenge
Old February 16th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Hmm, I'm planning on making the Pumpkin Pkemon Grass/Dark. Fire wouldn't suit it well since it has no relation to that element. I'm putting the pumpkin more of a Halloween type that's mean and evil. XD
It would have high Special Defense and above average HP and Defense. It's Speed and Special Attack would be lower than average and its Attack is what it goes for offensive. Like Vine Whip, Body Slam and Seed Bomb are all physical. :3

Old February 16th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Thank you Ghostie~

That is a good idea too. I was thinking Grass and Fire since Jack O' Lanterns have candles in them.
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:41 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkedahl View Post

Uh...Entei says hi? :cer_confused:
Volcanic lion FTW. Oddly enough, I still refer to Entei and his buddies as Legendary Dogs. The word "Dog" just sounds cooler than "Cat"... >.<

This thread should be stickied; LOL. One of the most prominent activities in the Pokemon fandom IMO, other than sprite fusions and Pokemon fanfics.

I tend to try and amalgam different Fakemon I come across into evolution lines and such, rather than making my own Pokemon schematics... :\

Recently, I liked the idea of a bombardier beetle Pokemon, possibly with scarab beetle features as well. Typing would likely be Fire/Bug. Names I can think of at the moment are:

1. Scarabomb and Scarabaku (portmanteaus of scarab and bomb; baku=bomb in Japanese); and

2. Coalorabid
(combination of coal; Coleoptera [scientific order for beetles]; Carabidae [scientific family for ground beetles]; and rabid.)

3. Heetle and Heatle/Heatuhl (portmanteaus and corruptions of heat and beetle; a bit basic, IMO)

4. Ardant (portmanteau of ardent and ant; would fit better if aforementioned Fakemon sported antlike/Formicidean features)

Maybe I might whip up a hypothetical moveset later on...?

Last edited by fenyx4; February 17th, 2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old February 17th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenyx4 View Post

Uh...Entei says hi? :cer_confused:
Volcanic lion FTW. Oddly enough, I still refer to Entei and his buddies as Legendary Dogs. The word "Dog" just sounds cooler than "Cat"... >.<

This thread should be stickied; LOL. One of the most prominent activities in the Pokemon fandom IMO, other than sprite fusions and Pokemon fanfics.

I tend to try and amalgam different Fakemon I come across into evolution lines and such, rather than making my own Pokemon schematics... :\

Recently, I liked the idea of a bombardier beetle Pokemon, possibly with scarab beetle features as well. Typing would likely be Fire/Bug. Names I can think of at the moment are:

1. Scarabomb and Scarabaku (portmanteaus of scarab and bomb; baku=bomb in Japanese); and

2. Coalorabid
(combination of coal; Coleoptera [scientific order for beetles]; Carabidae [scientific family for ground beetles]; and rabid.)

3. Heetle (portmanteau of heat and beetle; a bit basic, IMO)

4. Ardant (portmanteau of ardent and ant; would fit better if aforementioned Fakemon sported antlike/Formicidean features)

Maybe I might whip up a hypothetical moveset later on...?
1, 2 and 4 are very creative names. Ardant is quite like Durant. Scarabomb is epic cool and Coalorabid reminds me of rabies for some reason. xD

Old February 17th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Ghostie
Unidentified Ghost

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Thank you Ghostie~

That is a good idea too. I was thinking Grass and Fire since Jack O' Lanterns have candles in them.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. But dark typing makes sense too. Fire is more interesting though, since we have Shiftry already.

I. Am. Awesome.

Challenges Completed

Username Challenge
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:29 AM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Nature: Lonely
They should make a dragon type that looks like the mortal kombat dragon symbol, or make it fire and flying and the final evolution of a starter like charizard. Maybe they should do a ghost pokemon based off of Pagliacci the clown or the onibaba from Japanese folklore.
Old February 17th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Archipelago
Who knows?

My personal take on a Tapir, which I think fits the niche better than Musharna does.

Tapin > Happiness > Taporl > Leafstone > Taporda

Name: Tapin
Type: Ground
Ability: Pick up
The young-Tapir Pokemon
As a young Pokemon, it has yet to learn its battle potential. While it is somewhat lack-lustre at battles, its body has natural camouflage, allowing it to avoid harm by hiding in the tall grass.
Appearance: Think of a baby Tapir. It keeps a hazel brown colour, and is marked with stripes much like a real life baby Brazilian tapir. Its eyes a a deep green, and it sports a single tiny horn on its forehead. It is much the size of the ordinary household cat.
Moveset: Tackle (1), Growl (1), Camouflage (5), Sand-attack (8), Mud-slap (13), Watergun (18)

Name: Taporl
Type: Ground/Grass
Ability: Dry-skin/Thick fat
The Baird Pokemon
Since evolution, Taporl have become much more confident than their somewhat more timid prevolution. Despite their Ground typing, they have been known to be keen swimmers, using muddy water to cool their dry bodies. They have been known to fill their large appetites by using vines to pick up food.
Appearance: Roughly the size of a Great-Dane, Taporl have lost most of their patterns, although it still covers their ankles and jaws. The single horn has grown slightly, although it is still tiny. Now that is has become a Grass-type, its back has begun to grow a thin layer of moss which covers their back, and one or two plants have begun to grow too.
Moveset: Tackle (1), Growl (1), Camouflage (5), Sand-attack (8), Mud-slap (13), Yawn (15), Vine Whip (16), Foresight (19), Leechseed (21), Bite (26), Dig (30), Mega drain (34), Muddy-water (40), Synthesis (45), Earthquake (49).

Name: Taporda
Type: Ground/Grass
Ability: Dry-skin/Thick fat
The Baird Pokemon
Now in their prime, Taporda are very protective over their young, or in the more domesticated case, trainers. They are very powerful physically, and work as excellent pack animals, rivalling that of Rhyhorn. Much like their prevolution, they enjoy swimming, and have been seen doing so for great distances in order to find food.
Appearance: Now the size of a horse, the patterns adorning their body have vanished completely, instead being replaced by the thick moss which once covered their backs. Now the vegetation covering the creature have become much more extravagant, covered in a variety of colourful flowers which work well for camouflage. The single horn has since grown to the size of a rhino's, although it is mostly for display rather than combat.
Moveset: Camouflage (1), Yawn (1), Mega drain (1), Muddy-water (1), Megahorn (50).
Old February 17th, 2011, 02:27 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Quote:
1, 2 and 4 are very creative names. Ardant is quite like Durant. Scarabomb is epic cool and Coalorabid reminds me of rabies for some reason. xD
Thank you very much for the comments! I didn't even know there was a new Pokemon named Durant... >_>

LOL at the rabies comment. A fire/bomb beetle with rabies would be freaky weird, indeed. Maybe it could have a higher rate of the Pokerus? :D
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought too. But dark typing makes sense too. Fire is more interesting though, since we have Shiftry already.

Yeah, Shiftry is Grass and Dark, although I always seem to forget he is O.o If only a pokemon could have three types.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:40 AM
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I let my poor thread die. :( I've been working on a million ideas for my fan game and I'm inspired to see some from other people. :D
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

@Luke: No no no! I'm still here, I've just not been posting anything as I rather post them all once I get them done.

@Rai: I have the pumpkin ready. Just needs some tweaking in details! xD

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links