The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 15th, 2010, 04:37 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Advertise here
dang i saw some sweet graphics there i really liked, like the code geass one to the Arcanine, just to name two. love how the txt fits to the ones that have txt. great lighting, blending, etc... cant wait to see your upodates man.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old December 16th, 2010, 04:18 PM
moments.
{quixotic}
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
That LP is awesome... You are amazing with colours and adjustment layers. :O
The only real thing that irks me with the LP is the word 'Eternal' which I think would fit nicely in a different font and possibly bolder.
Anyways, lovely effects and composition pulled off brilliantly.

In general, your tags look good in terms of colours and composition, but I think you would go far with experimentation. Most of your tags are quite simplistic, and there is nothing wrong with that, but I reckon you'd benefit from mixing things up a bit and trying new things. Even if your experiments feel like the fail, keep at it, because eventually you will find out what works, and those failures will just reinforce what not to do. xD

That's it pretty much, experiment!

Old December 17th, 2010, 03:30 AM
derozio
my ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
@qaz: Thanks a lot, man! A new update's in this post. Although I think you might've already seen it. XD;

@moments.: Well, I tend to make simple tags because I feel that the tags which require smudging and other sorta techniques are too much of a bother for me. XD; But seriously, I agree with you. I need to go for some experimentation in order to improve. And to improve...that's what my main aim is. Thanks a lot, Moments. I really wish people like you commented a little more often on my gallery. <3

Oh and thanks for complimenting my LP. And haha, I guess you're right about 'eternal' as 'love' stands out a lot more in comparison. I'll try to take care in future. :D

EDIT: Update: My current signature image, actually. XD;

Old December 19th, 2010, 06:34 AM
derozio
Community Supporter

Update Time!

Well, moments told me to experiment with my tags a bit. The result was:

After moments gave me some suggestions, I made another version of the tag. A better version. <3

Old December 19th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Ardos
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derozio View Post
@qaz: Thanks a lot, man! A new update's in this post. Although I think you might've already seen it. XD;

@moments.: Well, I tend to make simple tags because I feel that the tags which require smudging and other sorta techniques are too much of a bother for me. XD; But seriously, I agree with you. I need to go for some experimentation in order to improve. And to improve...that's what my main aim is. Thanks a lot, Moments. I really wish people like you commented a little more often on my gallery. <3

Oh and thanks for complimenting my LP. And haha, I guess you're right about 'eternal' as 'love' stands out a lot more in comparison. I'll try to take care in future. :D

EDIT: Update: My current signature image, actually. XD;

Oooo this is really cool! :D Nice job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derozio View Post
Update Time!

Well, moments told me to experiment with my tags a bit. The result was:

After moments gave me some suggestions, I made another version of the tag. A better version. <3

Both are great, I like the one with text better. Good job.
Old December 21st, 2010, 05:52 AM
derozio
Community Supporter

Ha ha, thanks Toshiro. And as for 'the text one being better', it depends entirely on one's perspective. Art is subjective (as said by a certain someone). XD;

There are some updates this time. Quite a lot. None of them, except probably a few, may be awe inspiring, but I'm still posting them nevertheless:

Tags/Signature images:

Icons:

P.S: The tag/signature images were done so that text could be put with the help of CSS afterwards. Seems pretty obvious, but just saying. And well, some C&C on the icons would be REALLY appreciated. I suck SO bad at the icon department.

Last edited by derozio; December 21st, 2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old December 21st, 2010, 06:05 AM
Spirit Albarn♫
death scythe★

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spirit Albarn♫
omg the shadow tag is the sex.

pair - pc family - theme&credit - FC

Old December 21st, 2010, 02:36 PM
Nimblethumbs
my name would look hot in bold

Nature: Relaxed
Dde, this makes my work crap. I need advice.. What program do you use? Do you make tuts? Where do you get your renders? Your bg stocks??
Old December 21st, 2010, 06:44 PM
moments.
{quixotic}

"art is subjective" nice. o/

Anyways, I've said it before, I'm not the biggest fan of those "insert CSS here" graphics, mainly because I hate it when a bar of transparent black or white ruins what would've been a fairly nice tag. Alas, I will comment icons.

Icons, one of the things I am terrible at.

Dante1.png
Eye.png
Samus.png
Whitebeard.png

These are by far the best of the bunch. Most of the other ones either are looking bit low quality or bit blurry or colours not crisp enough, stuff like that.
Referring to Eye.png, the actual eye itself looks great, but the skin in the bottom right looks out of place. The colouring is really quite dull almost and draws from the sharp, saturated reds of the eye. I'd either saturate the skin more, or desaturate it, or sharpen it or contrast up or do something. It just looks in the middle of everything and not really leaning towards being made to draw more attention to the eye, or to match the aesthetic of the eye.

You have some really nice stuff, and some not so good stuff. Those ones I listed, look at what you did with those and try expand that style more or use elements from it to do your others.

Old December 24th, 2010, 08:03 PM
qaz015393

those "insert css here" tags are great, i love the fma & shadow ones.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

Old December 28th, 2010, 01:46 AM
derozio
Community Supporter

@SA: Lol, thanks for the insight, Sa. XD;

@Nimblethumbs: Well, I use photoshop CS5. And as for tutorials, I thought of making one a long time ago. Forgot about it and don't really think I'll be making one anytime soon. As for the renders: I randomly pick up stuff either from planetrenders or from safebooru. Both are pretty awesome. :]

@moments: Ohmaigawd, thanks a lot for those comments on my icons, Moments! I seriously appreciate all that and will be sure to keep your advise in mind the next time I make any icons. I'll try my best, at least. And as for the eye icon, I couldn't agree more. Hit the nail on the head. Guess I kinda messed up there, haha!

@qaz: Lol, thanks a lot, buddy! :]

And well, I've got something to say this time - I've hit a gfx slump/block, I'm afraid. Also, I probably won't really have any access to photoshop for a couple of days and will be out of the gfx scene. Hence, there won't be any updates anytime soon. That's what things seem like at the moment. Will try my best to be back asap, though. Thanks for reading. :]
Old December 28th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Waaaah! I can't believe I missed such amzing tags for such a long time! D:
Icons? Meh. Your recent ones are far better than the previous ones though. ;
Old December 28th, 2010, 04:04 AM
derozio
Community Supporter

Lol, thanks for the compliments on the tags, merv. I've been working with tags for a long while now while icons remain something that I started recently. Guess it is pretty obvious. It'll take me quite a while to get the hang of iconing. Icons are kinda..difficult for me. Thanks anyway. :]
Old December 31st, 2010, 12:28 PM
Ardos
Community Supporter

You aren't terrible at icons, your actually pretty good! Just keep on workin~
Old January 6th, 2011, 06:01 AM
derozio
Community Supporter

Thanks a lot, Toshiro. But haha, I need to work a lot if I wanna improve at icons. I just don't have the eye for colors, it seems. ;;

And an LP update. The one which won me a new emblem. <3
Old January 7th, 2011, 09:46 PM
BHwolfgang
kamikorosu

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to BHwolfgang Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BHwolfgang Send a message via Skype™ to BHwolfgang
^ I never said this before, but I want to love your graphics. :]

You've really improved since last year, Vikalp.
Old January 7th, 2011, 11:01 PM
abnegation
adventure

Dude your colouration on the LP, icons and some of your latest banners is beastly, especially the Sonic one. However, to improve your work I'd recommend doing more tags with renders and real people stocks, and work with using more effects and the likes to further increase your ability. The Nero tag is rather good, though the effects I think should be more compact around the focal rather than lashed around the tag to fill space. Also try working with burning at dodging areas more. Burn the edges of tags when necessary for example. Sometimes a little negative space (empty) isn't always harmful.
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Ardos
Community Supporter

I absolutely love that New Years graphic <3
Old February 15th, 2011, 06:14 AM
derozio
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHwolfgang
^ I never said this before, but I want to love your graphics. :]
You've really improved since last year, Vikalp.
I'm so glad to hear that coming from you, Borey. I'm flattered. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation
Dude your colouration on the LP, icons and some of your latest banners is beastly, especially the Sonic one. However, to improve your work I'd recommend doing more tags with renders and real people stocks, and work with using more effects and the likes to further increase your ability. The Nero tag is rather good, though the effects I think should be more compact around the focal rather than lashed around the tag to fill space. Also try working with burning at dodging areas more. Burn the edges of tags when necessary for example. Sometimes a little negative space (empty) isn't always harmful.
I'll keep those points in mind. In fact, I've started practising with irl stocks. The results may be ugly, though. But as long as I succeed, who cares? XD; Oh, and as for the burning and dodging, I've incorporated those things in almost all of my recent works. They are a great help, yeah.

Quote:
I absolutely love that New Years graphic <3
Haha, thanks a bunch, Toshiro. :D

Well, its been a while since I posted here. And in my absence, I've created some tags and a large piece. Although some of you might've seen them already, I'll still post them here. Here they are:

Tag(s):

This forever tag and zoro tag sucks, I admit. XD;

^ Probably my first vertical tag.

Sweetest Dante sig ever. Monotonous? Yeah, I know. u_u'

Dante sig version 2. (the original version, actually)
Large Piece(s):

Made for shipping debates contest. ^

An LP made on impulse. XD;

Oh, and my latest work. An experimentation on irl stocks. Result was kinda okay considering it was my first try, I guess? XD;

Edit: Two more. Both are actually the same thing but have slightly different colors. And the third one is slightly different from the first two. Difference on the left side.

v1:

v2:

v3:

Edit 2:

Another one. And 'Ex Sux' because this experiment sucked. :<

Last edited by derozio; February 16th, 2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
It's about time I stopped being lazy and gave you my cnc since you want it and it's forced.

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/a...03/Zorotag.png
I like the colouration you've used with this tag, but I'm just not too fond of the tag itself imo. I think what you've done is tried to take a stock and render it into a 3D esque thing with using C4Ds with it, and I think C4Ds are important to any tag, but I just feel as if they don't really work on this tag. Or at least the colours don't anyway. You've tried to go with all the nice pirate colours of brown, white, green etc. and you've ended up throwing some bright blues and pinks in there and I don't understand how it works. Also I think something that doesn't work with this tag is that it's a stock with more than one person in it, and I think you've only tried to make the one person stand out. My opinion is that you should have tried to make Chopper stand out a bit more than he does as it looks like you've blurred him out a bit.

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/a...xperiment3.png
I'm actually really digging this tag right now. I'm not too sure in what you've used, either a render or a stock, but it still looks great. I like how you've used much exclusion to alter the colours so much that you can tell they're not the original colours, but still making it look good. Props to you on that. Smudging effects look great and the colouration of the focal point looks really good as well. One thing I have a problem with is the text, which can be majorly hard on any tag. You know that, but from your efforts with text on this tag I think you've done quite a good job. Maybe go with a different, more cursive font like Zapfino, or even stay away from truetype fonts, and make your own text.
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:50 PM
moments.
{quixotic}

Just some sort of general comments about the tags with real life people:

1. They are all REALLY flat. The only exception here is this one, but that is really forced depth and not really depth anyway. It is like, focal is in front, everything else is behind. Try and get effects going exactly the way you would with an anime focal. You should have some background effects AS WELL as foreground effects. This baby here is easily the best tag of the RL ones, and the only big sort of criticism is this depth issue. Just something to work on.

2. Clipping masks. In the tag I mentioned above, 'Experiment2c.png', the clipping mask of the face is quite irksome. If you are going to put clipping masks in (especially of the face because it just adds literally a copy of the focal point) make them more distorted with smudging and displacement filters, because really, I never liked the clipping masks just for the hell of it. If the clipping masks make up the effects of the tag, not a single effect, then that's good, but otherwise it just looks iffy.

Speaking of clipping masks and the effects, the last tag you posted in the update, that is way too messy / undefined. The effects you have added are nearly all literally what is already there in the background. Either sharpen the effects up / make them more defined and stuff because otherwise they just look messy and don't really add any appeal to the tag.

Sorry if that was a bit vague, I didn't really give positives / focus on individual tags, but next time the update is a bit smaller and I'm not intimidated by the size of it I will comment more!

Old February 19th, 2011, 09:15 PM
qaz015393

wow your updates, since my last post , are great. love the vertical dante tag

Old February 20th, 2011, 12:57 PM
abnegation
adventure

Alright V. What I want you to work on is depth. Think about what you need to do to make things look more deep. Try working with more dodging and burning and stay away from gradient maps, they're sucking all the necessary saturation and quality from a lot of your tags. Textures also, you need to think about the quality, and don't forget what your focal is dude, bring it out, sharpen it, blend it and still make it stand out. But be careful about quality.
Old February 21st, 2011, 02:19 AM
aSeRo141414
zZJoennZz inside

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to aSeRo141414 Send a message via Skype™ to aSeRo141414
Like abnegation said, the depth is not really too good, and the colors is good to me.
And this
He looks not aiming the light, it's looks pasted for me, but it's good effect.

I like this because of the use of C4D but the text is big and it makes the focal off.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 07:19 PM
derozio
Community Supporter

Haha, this has always been the case with me. I used to suck at colors and people used to advise me about how I should try to improve the colors in my works. Now when I've fixed the colors, I started neglecting another important aspect of my works. One of the most important, in fact. XD; But seriously, thank you for the crit, guys. I really appreciate it. I don't really feel like quoting every single crit you guys gave me and replying to them one by one but I can say that I do agree with most of the things you guys pointed out and will try to work on those faults in the future. Once again, thanks a bunch, everybody. I'll make sure that my next real-life tags aren't flat. :D

And I'll just throw this tag which I made today. Since I couldn't think of doing much/adding effects or anything else with the stock, I made a fairly simple one. Idk, it sorta looks good as a signature image, I guess? XD;

Sponsored Links

Advertise here