The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2011 (11:13 AM).
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post
I like the third option personally. I don't really like having the art in battles like that, the sprites seem to fit better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Arms View Post
Definately the 3rd one. It is alot more eye appealing.
Alright, thanks to both for voting! :D

That leaves the 3rd version way ahead of the other two, counting the votes on dA.

It's true that the sprites do look better on the screen. xD
Old January 19th, 2011 (05:48 PM).
D. Lawride

Alright then, we've finally made the decision based on the votes we received and some discussion within the team. We decided that the new battle system is now based upon option C.

Here are some examples of sprites we've got ready for use, all custom:

Spoiler:

You can also find them on deviantArt:

http://pkmn-nightmare.deviantart.com/gallery/

So that's it people, thanks for voting, and I hope you keep following us!

By the way, I'm also using a Twitter account for whoever wants to keep track of the project and other stuff, so go and bug us if you feel curious xD

Old January 19th, 2011 (11:24 PM).
DNZGames
Team Atmos Leader

Nature: Serious
looks brilliant, although i do believe those screeshots are a little outdated now.

Old January 20th, 2011 (05:59 AM).
phantominoid
The Darkness Addict

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to phantominoid Send a message via Skype™ to phantominoid
i love the new battle system, this would be one game im excited for

Old January 20th, 2011 (11:44 AM).
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNZGames View Post
looks brilliant, although i do believe those screeshots are a little outdated now.
Hm, that's true... I've started working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantominoid View Post
i love the new battle system, this would be one game im excited for
Thanks a lot! =D

Okay, so I also took the time to update several of the maps on the first page. Go check them out! xD
Old January 20th, 2011 (11:31 PM).
Ratty524

Nature: Calm
This looks pretty nice. That physic pokemon kind of seems like it dreams of being psychic/electric.

I really like the amount of detail you put in to your mapping, on the other hand, I'm kind of bothered by the fact that a battle sequence takes place on some floating space with a mountain in the background. It just looks weird. you could try editing the original image to give it some sort of ground, so that it doesn't look like they are using floating battle platforms made out of grass.

Your fakemon concepts kind of look a little too gritty for the pokemon style, but eh, that's just a minor nitpick. Your title screen also kind of brings your project at a disservice. It looks so plain, and the outline looks jagged and pixelly. Why don't you stylize the Pokemon logo, too? It would fit in with the rest of your text and it will look pretty cool imo.
Old January 31st, 2011 (12:11 PM).
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty524 View Post
This looks pretty nice. That physic pokemon kind of seems like it dreams of being psychic/electric.

I really like the amount of detail you put in to your mapping, on the other hand, I'm kind of bothered by the fact that a battle sequence takes place on some floating space with a mountain in the background. It just looks weird. you could try editing the original image to give it some sort of ground, so that it doesn't look like they are using floating battle platforms made out of grass.

Your fakemon concepts kind of look a little too gritty for the pokemon style, but eh, that's just a minor nitpick. Your title screen also kind of brings your project at a disservice. It looks so plain, and the outline looks jagged and pixelly. Why don't you stylize the Pokemon logo, too? It would fit in with the rest of your text and it will look pretty cool imo.
Maybe he will become a Psychic Electric one level day :3

Before anything, thanks for the cc you just gave here, and thanks for the commendation. I'm glad the mapping looks good xD

Now then, we're fortunately making a big change in the battle system, as you've probably seen from the most recent screenshots and previews. So not to worry; that will be fixed.

About the Fakemon, well, we wanted to focus more on the nightmare field rather than anything else, so we opted to use these. As for the title screen... sorry. My art skills are waaaaaaay below average xD

So, thanks a lot! =D
Old February 11th, 2011 (03:58 PM).
D. Lawride

So, I took the time to update the first post with a few maps, and also show two of the new Fakemon to join our collection:

Two NEW Eeveelutions to join the bunch!

Necreon

Adreon

The creator was our spriter Salimus, by the way. Hope you enjoy them! =D
Old February 19th, 2011 (07:08 AM). Edited February 19th, 2011 by DForte.
DForte
Trainer

this looks really good. i like the battle system. I've always wanted to play a pokemon game with a 3rd person view battle system. The two Eevees looks pretty good. By looking at Necreon (and his name) I'm guessing its a ghost type. I think it should be changed a little because it kind of looks like Glaceon. Although the flashing color is a nice touch. Adreon kind of reminds me of the Pidgey family, so I'm guessing that its a flying type. Anyway, whether I'm wrong or right, you should probably put their types next to their names. I am a little surprised that this hasnt made it to the showcase yet. Seems like you have made a lot to go on.

Gonna download the demo and try it out a later

Edit: May I suggest uploading your game to a website such as Megaupload. My virus protection (McAfee) popped up and said the site had potentially dangerous/unwanted files. If you upload to some kind of sharing site, you wont have problems in the future.
Old February 19th, 2011 (08:37 AM).
Invokez
Formerly Known as SytheXP

Looks lovely, Im downloading the demo now. Love the Necreon concept looks epic. Also love that dark fish evo line and the fighting evo line. Not a fan of the psychic one though but still good job

Old February 19th, 2011 (03:39 PM).
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by DForte View Post
this looks really good. i like the battle system. I've always wanted to play a pokemon game with a 3rd person view battle system. The two Eevees looks pretty good. By looking at Necreon (and his name) I'm guessing its a ghost type. I think it should be changed a little because it kind of looks like Glaceon. Although the flashing color is a nice touch. Adreon kind of reminds me of the Pidgey family, so I'm guessing that its a flying type. Anyway, whether I'm wrong or right, you should probably put their types next to their names. I am a little surprised that this hasnt made it to the showcase yet. Seems like you have made a lot to go on.

Gonna download the demo and try it out a later

Edit: May I suggest uploading your game to a website such as Megaupload. My virus protection (McAfee) popped up and said the site had potentially dangerous/unwanted files. If you upload to some kind of sharing site, you wont have problems in the future.
Sure thing, here's on Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?emu3cqt7r50scq6

And thanks! Yup, you got the types right; and I've asked to move it to the Showcase, but it apparently wasn't approved. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invokez View Post
Looks lovely, Im downloading the demo now. Love the Necreon concept looks epic. Also love that dark fish evo line and the fighting evo line. Not a fan of the psychic one though but still good job
Thanks! It's curious that there aren't many choosing the Psychic xD

And yeah, a brilliant job was done with those two Eeveelutions
Old February 19th, 2011 (08:38 PM).
DForte
Trainer

I tried playing earlier and it crashed, I don't remember why, so I'm gonna try again in a little bit.

What was the reason that it was denied from the showcase?
Old February 20th, 2011 (04:50 AM).
D. Lawride

Quote:
I tried playing earlier and it crashed, I don't remember why, so I'm gonna try again in a little bit.

What was the reason that it was denied from the showcase?
I can't deny there have been some incompatibility problems, but we're seeing into fixing them.

As for that... I don't know. There just wasn't any response, and seeing as it's been more than a month, it's likely that it was denied.
Old February 21st, 2011 (12:22 PM).
D. Lawride

Okay then, I updated the first post with new screenshots and basically gave the thread itself a cleaner look (hopefully).

Here are the screenshots, all fresh and definitive:

Old February 22nd, 2011 (12:55 PM).
evilkain
Beginning Trainer

nice grafiks i really love them
Old February 22nd, 2011 (04:36 PM).
Toa77
A Creative Writer

Nature: Quiet
I'm downloading the beta right now, and, from the screenshots, this looks really good. I'll post a review when I've played it.
Old February 22nd, 2011 (04:40 PM).
DForte
Trainer

glad to see that you're in the showcase now.

curious to know if you fixed that crash. for me it always crashed whenever i entered my first battle; whether it was a wild pokemon or the trainer (cant remember her name)
Old February 23rd, 2011 (12:33 PM).
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toa77 View Post
I'm downloading the beta right now, and, from the screenshots, this looks really good. I'll post a review when I've played it.
Thanks a lot! I'll gladly wait for it! =D

Quote:
glad to see that you're in the showcase now.

curious to know if you fixed that crash. for me it always crashed whenever i entered my first battle; whether it was a wild pokemon or the trainer (cant remember her name)
Eheh, yup, we have finally reached it.

Hm... I don't know what could cause that, but it seems to be incompatibility, because it just occurs to some people while most others don't have any kind of problems at all (note that it's the same version for everyone). So, sorry, but I haven, because I haven't figured the problem yet. =/
Old February 24th, 2011 (12:35 PM).
YourFavorite
One who can't think of a title

Nature: Timid
This looks really awesome~ I can't wait to see it finished~
I downloaded the demo, but I'm supposed to be really busy this week, so I don't think I'll have a chance to try it for a while. D:
Old March 10th, 2011 (02:44 PM).
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFavorite View Post
This looks really awesome~ I can't wait to see it finished~
I downloaded the demo, but I'm supposed to be really busy this week, so I don't think I'll have a chance to try it for a while. D:
Well, thanks! =D

So anyways, I'm afraid I had to put the battle system aside due to the lack of scripters, or people able to do it. I would do it myself if I knew how to handle it, but alas, I don't.

For now, I'll leave a collection of screenshots, most of them containing important stuff like the intro sequence (lower left), the current battle system (upper center), and the Mt. Pinnacle Gorge Cave (lower center).

Click here for the link to where these are for more.
Old March 10th, 2011 (02:48 PM).
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
nice screenies, i like your mapping style, expect the last screenshot, look like you got a tile set error at the far left edge of the UN reachable grass.
Old March 10th, 2011 (02:51 PM).
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
nice screenies, i like your mapping style, expect the last screenshot, look like you got a tile set error at the far left edge of the UN reachable grass.
Thanks! =D

Hum, what error? If you're referring to the grass being unreachable, it's supposed to be that way, it's just for landscape purposes xD
Old March 25th, 2011 (12:02 PM).
D. Lawride

Okay people, here it is! The promised 1.3 version of Pokémon Nightmare!

VERSION 1.3 RELEASE (25/03/2011)

Mediafire Download

This version has updated graphics and many others not present in the first releases. I skipped V1.2 because it was going to be uploaded, but was postponed.
Old March 26th, 2011 (10:53 AM).
stardustdragon
Unhatched Egg

After I name the hero a runtime error occurs
Old March 26th, 2011 (10:56 AM).
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustdragon View Post
After I name the hero a runtime error occurs
A couple of people have said that too, but most don't. I'm guessing it's another incompatibility problem, but I'm looking into rectifying it too.

Sponsored Links