• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen 4th Generation Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mightyena37

Effort Master Trainer
Years
Vito Winstrate said:
Here's the Japanese generation table:
Original Generation Pok?mon Games: Red, Green.
1.1 Generation: Blue (changed graphics)
1.2 Generation: Yellow (starring Pikachu/Adds Game Boy Color support)
2nd Generation: Gold and Silver
2.1 Generation: Crystal (bigger Johto storyline - Suicune/Only for Game Boy Color)
3rd Generation: Ruby and Sapphire (released on the Game Boy Advance)
4th Generation/1.3 Generation: Fire Red and Leaf Green

I really think when talking about FR/LG that we're talking about a 3.1 generation game. If you're going to version everything, then it really has the most to do with the software side. The screenshots I've seen of FR/LG so far look a LOT like the same graphics we saw in Ru/Sa. And from the sounds of it, much of the other featuresets will be coming from the Ru/Sa codebase. But a LOT of all this is speculation right now... I'm getting my brother in Tokyo to send me a Japanese GBA and copies of FR/LG as a belated birthday and Christmas present so I can find out for sure though. (Thank goodness I know some Japanese and can look up what I don't know...)

As far as what the game will have... I strongly suspect that this game will occur in the same timeline as Ru/Sa, which means well after the original R/B/Y games. I think it will have a completely redone storyline, that the maps will be more detailed, we will have a lot more features in-line with the Ru/Sa games, and that we may very well have Johto and Kanto though NOT Hoenn. I believe the approach Nintendo/GameFreak will take with these games is to give us an "everything but Hoenn" side of the 3rd generation software. I don't truly believe this will be a "4th Generation" set of games. I also strongly feel that these games will have the original 250+ Pokemon from G/S/C, not just the first 150+ from R/B/Y. Only time and testing will tell though...

As for 4th generation... I think one of two things is going to have to happen. Either we get a whole new game with lots of great new features and Pokemon, or we get the Pokemon Ultimate, which will conglomerate Kanto, Johto and Hoenn into one huge game and have all 380+ Pokemon plus some more new ones scattered about. Given the way Nintendo and GameFreak works, and considering how the Japanese mindset works, I really think we're most likely to get a whole new deal this time around. But you never know, three's company and four's a crowd, so sometimes it's best to just make the three closer. It's also important to note that Pokemon has always been the impetus behind selling millions of GameBoy units worldwide, and it's the number one reason GameBoys are sold. If Nintendo plans to release yet another generation of newer handheld systems (I don't see how they could at this point...) then they will need a brave new Pokemon game with newer, better features to sell that unit.

Stylewise, Japan tends to be about 10 years behind the US, when they do copy Western culture... And about ten years ago here in the US, retro was the in-thing. FR/LG may just be the game world expression of retro, but I know it will be a much more grand game than the original R/B/Y games in any event. I'm looking forward to them, and when I get the Japanese versions I'll let folks know what it looks like and how it plays. =)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
PokeMaster3000 said:
ehh... do you have to post a post that big?

I agree with you Might.

Big posts that are filled with stuff like that are fun and interesting to read. He didn't have to use "...*insert random crack about twenty-five characters* either. >.>;

I think only 151 will be in FR and LG. Simply because Colosseum allows you to get quite a few GSC ones, it call comes together to complete your dex, and Nintendo's wallet. Remember they are a business out to make money.

Years
i agree with Kairi almost 100%.
i think that FR & LG (hopefully not changed to WB in Australia!) will only have the first gen pokemon, but maybe have a few extras from GSC in it such as the prevos and evos of old pokemon (Scizor, Umbreon, Espeon, Crobat, Pichu, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Bellossom, Politoed, Slowking, Steelix, Porygon2, Kingdra, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Blissey, perhaps even Miltank, Heracross, Marill line, Togepi line and a few others chucked in.)
I also think it would occur in the same time as Ru/Sa, years after the original Kanto story, so many cities and routes have changed slightly.
Team Rocket would definitely have to returned, and maybe the legendary birds will be harder to catch like the legendary dogs and the Lati's!

Last edited:

Lucifer.

Custom'D
Years
PokeMaster3000 said:
ehh... do you have to post a post that big?

Yeah, why do people have to be so darn inconsiderate eh? Why couldn't he sum up that intelligent, interesting post in a boring, two-lined "omg"-athon. The rudeness of it all.

The inclusion of the Orange Islands has to be the stupidest idea ever. More than a few people already think that the cartoon is the basis for the games, and the release of Pokemon Yellow didn't exactly help that. Since when did Nintendo need to take ideas from television producers? If a new story is to be included, then they should get their own scriptwriters to come up with something original, instead of (IMO) including the most boring part of the cartoon series so far. Thank God it'll never happen's all I'll say.

The games and cartoons should be kept totally seperate, except for the cartoon using ideas and scenes from the games that is.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
Years
The entire Orange Island series was a filler.

"Ooh look a pink Ryhorn. How much further away from the Pokemon games dare we stray?"

[/Off topic banter]

ChaoX

The Lugia Master
Years
Having the Orange Islands in the game would be pretty cool. Instead of having regular gym battles you could have challlenges like they did on the show like when there was the race against Blastoise and Lapras. The faster your pokemons speed stat, the faster it will go. I hope you stikk get to play as Ash though.

PokeReaper

Pokemon #500
Years
Revamping Pokemon Red & Pokemon Blue, huh ?

Maybe this time, with Fire Red & Leaf Green, they will actually do the right thing by adding the ability to LEGITIMATELY catch Mew since almost EVERY SINGLE POKeMON FAN ENDS UP "SHARKING" HIM ANYWAY.
Those Gameshark codes for the GBA are EXTREMELY advanced (no pun intended) compared to the original Game Boys, but codes shall be hacked !
Hey Pokemon Creators !-- Read this:

"No matter how hard you try to create something that you can keep exclusive, such as trying to force people to drive about 250 miles to get "the REAL Mew", we will STILL find a way around every single roadblock that you set in front of us.
The young people of today are impowered by technology, & NOT ruled by it.
THEY weild the power just as well as YOU, & therefore you would be better-off just surrendering to their will because THEY are OUR bosses, so for them I have spoken."

Thank you.
--- PokeReaper
(a.k.a. Brian H. Davidson)
[Real Name: Daniel B.A. Collett]

PokeReaper

Pokemon #500
Years
IT'S "FOURTH" GENERATION D@**!T ! ! !

Vito Winstrate said:
Here's the Japanese generation table:
Original Generation Pok?mon Games: Red, Green.
1.1 Generation: Blue (changed graphics)
1.2 Generation: Yellow (starring Pikachu/Adds Game Boy Color support)
2nd Generation: Gold and Silver
2.1 Generation: Crystal (bigger Johto storyline - Suicune/Only for Game Boy Color)
3rd Generation: Ruby and Sapphire (released on the Game Boy Advance)
4th Generation/1.3 Generation: Fire Red and Leaf Green

Possibly this, but I'm not quite sure.

Look at it this way:
Pokemon Fire Red & POkemon Leaf Green ARE NOT "remade" versions of Red & Green !-- They are "REVAMPED" versions of Red & Green !

Remade: 1. A complete reproduction of an original peice of work.
Revamped: An improved reproduction of an original. e.i. adding new features to, or expanding the capabilities of an original peice of work.

Fire Red & Leaf Green are 4th generation because they contain pokemon not found in the original Red & Green (Red, Blue, Yellow in U.S.A.), you can now choose your gender, & you will probably be able to breed pokemon as well.
All of these features were in the previous games, but would be considered new to the Red & Green series, which would make FIRE Red & LEAF Green "REVAMPED" versions, & therefore an entirely new generation.

Thank you for reading this from begining to end before judging my opinion.

--- PokeReaper

PokeReaper

Pokemon #500
Years
Correction

ACTUALLY . . .
Since it is only compatible with the 3rd generation it should be officially dubbed 3rd generation it's self.-- Or as far as that other dude's little generation table is concerned [PokeReaper says in a nerdy voice]"Version 3.1"
lol
J/K dude.

Thank you.

--- PokeReaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back