The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 26th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~

Advertise here

Episode 4: "The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice"
26/02/11

The episode will be airing in a few hours.

I'll be posting again later with my thoughts.

Old February 26th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Eli$ban18
Beginning Trainer

when will it be put on pokemon episodes because i missed it, when will pokemon dp special- dawn's new journey & pewter gym the biggest crisest come out.
Old February 26th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
^ Were not aloud to discuss were we watch them, and the Dawn & Brock thing won't air in English for a good few weeks, probably about 2 months.

I can't wait for this episode :33 I'ma see mah little Dewott in English >:3
Old February 26th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Just finished watching the episode not too long ago. I actually liked it to be honest. Dewatt had an awesome dub voice. Unfortunately, they're really messing up the voices of Snivy's evolution line in my opinion; here's hoping - oh wait, that hasn't happened yet so I'll be quiet. In good news, "Who's that Pokémon?" doesn't seem like a one-time thing. I still think it's missing the addition of the Pokémon's sound after it's revealed though. It just seems bland with the sudden silence for a couple seconds before we get back to the show.

...and the writers have got to get in tune with the new Team Rocket. They're not the same as they were back in Sinnoh, so stop writing their lines so horribly. :\ Make them more of what they're trying to be, please.

Rambling aside, I think Tepig is going to be a great addition to Ash's team. The writers put in a nice twist with their animal cruelty stand there. Seeing Tepig tied up and thin like that was a sad sight. Indefinitely, it'll be one of Ash's powerhouse Pokémon. I'm just hoping it doesn't evolve past its second stage later on. Ash needs a fully evolved Water-type Pokémon, not Fire/Fighting again.

On another note, Iris has a lot more to learn about bonding with a Pokémon before capturing them; and she calls Ash a kid.

Is it just me, or is it weird having Iris introduce the group now and not Ash?
Old February 26th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
This was a good episode, even though I hate Tepig with a passion. However, it always bugs me when battles are never finished. >:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post
...and the writers have got to get in tune with the new Team Rocket. They're not the same as they were back in Sinnoh, so stop writing their lines so horribly. :\ Make them more of what they're trying to be, please.
What are you talking about? The dub Team Rocket is just as bland as they are in the Japanese version now. They quit the rhyming thing, and Meowth does say things like "ya dig?" anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post
Rambling aside, I think Tepig is going to be a great addition to Ash's team. The writers put in a nice twist with their animal cruelty stand there. Seeing Tepig tied up and thin like that was a sad sight. Indefinitely, it'll be one of Ash's powerhouse Pokémon. I'm just hoping it doesn't evolve past its second stage later on. Ash needs a fully evolved Water-type Pokémon, not Fire/Fighting again.
When you look at it from a realistic standpoint, Ash and Iris were doing some harm to Tepig as well. I'm appalled at their stupidity. If an animal hasn't eaten in a long time, you're not suppose to let it eat a lot of food or else it will end up doing more harm to its body than good. >:(

Quote:
On another note, Iris has a lot more to learn about bonding with a Pokémon before capturing them; and she calls Ash a kid.
Pfffft, all the good trainers breed their Pokemon.

Paired to cr4y

Old February 26th, 2011, 10:23 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
This wasn't a bad episode although I somewhat liked it better in the Jap version for some reason. Tepig voice was alright; something that I'll get use to and I love how Pikachu was inside a box and Ash at the end questioned him about it but of course he couldn't answer. Pikachu was probably saying that he was trying to be Solid Snake or something. Lawls. Oshawott was so cute in this episode but hey; it's always cute and I love how Iris wanted to catch Tepig but it went to Ash instead. Poor Iris; she'll catch a Pokemon one of these days.
Old February 26th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
If Iris is so concerned about catching Pokemon she really shouldn't be hanging out with Ash in the first place. Every single Pokemon in the region would probably be more willing to cope with Ash's stupidity than Iris's jungle of hair. Tepig probably thought that he'd never find his way out of that black hole of doom.

Paired to cr4y

Old February 26th, 2011, 11:48 AM
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

Iris's "I'm more mature than Ash" attitude is starting to get on my nerves a bit. She keeps calling Ash a "kid." Funny, Iris. Ash has been to the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh regions, and he's defeated all 8 gym leaders in each, and you're calling him a kid? If anyone's a kid, it's probably you. I hope that this attitude doesn't continue, or Iris might become just as annoying as Dawn.

Team Rocket's glider exit was impressive. Jessie, James, and Meowth are actually starting to make Butch and Cassidy look bad, and I never thought I'd say that.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old February 26th, 2011, 02:07 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by joacen View Post
Iris's "I'm more mature than Ash" attitude is starting to get on my nerves a bit. She keeps calling Ash a "kid." Funny, Iris. Ash has been to the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh regions, and he's defeated all 8 gym leaders in each, and you're calling him a kid? If anyone's a kid, it's probably you. I hope that this attitude doesn't continue, or Iris might become just as annoying as Dawn.
Apparently she doesn't know this yet.
Old February 26th, 2011, 03:28 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
It was a pretty good episode. At least Who's that Pokemon is back.
And who can forget this scene.

In the Team Rocket motto was James drinking wine?
And Iris rejected again. :(
Old February 26th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Roughsponge
Phenominal.

I quite liked this episode I wish the battle had gone on longer but hey-ho, better it get interupted than see Pikachu lose again (most likely would of been the outcome).

Yeah, Iris calling Ash a "kid" is a little annoying, but it isn't bothering me too much yet.

But I'm quite liking the idea of battle clubs, adding more 'official' battles rather than just the gym ones.
Old February 26th, 2011, 05:36 PM
yossarian
Knight of Cydonia

Nature: Modest
I echo most of what's been said already.

- I like Tepig's voice and it's random grunts
- The who's that Pokemon skit is missing the pokemon growling it's name at the end. I also noticed the awkardness of the 5 second silence after the pokemon is revealed.
- Pikachu was about to lose that battle. Techincally impossible but to be expected with this show.
- I really like Iris. Her over confidence and haughty attitude are such a breath of fresh air compared to the rather mild and timid Dawn.
- Oshawott has the ablity to act cool and sophisticated with not coming across as a gimp..... like Piplup did.
- Funny how Tepig appeared to move superfast during the CCTV/Team Rocket bit yet when Ash accosts it, it moves slow enough for Ash to chase it down.

It's probably going to go this way but I'm hoping they don't focus too much on Tepigs internal pain and suffering after being rejected, in the future. They already did that with Chimchar and to an extent Charmander.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmvnX...eature=related

Last edited by yossarian; February 27th, 2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old February 27th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Mainkai
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
What happened to the scripting in this episode? Did the translation team have a collective stroke?

"Awesome! If it's a new kind of Pokémon, I want to catch it!"
"Such a kid! You can't find a new Pokémon that easily."
"You're right."
"But at the same time, that's why it's so exciting!"

"Good! Let's just see what went on."

I understand that issues arise when dubbing over Japanese grammatical structure et cetera in order to match the lip movements of the characters, but this was just terrible.
Old February 27th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

- Yerrr a kid!
- Duwott?
- Duwott's voice is good, Servine, not so much
- I love when they move their fists up it makes a swooshing noise
- Hehe, I like Ash being sort of semi-smart by looking up Umbreon. I suppose I mean by thaat him remembering a random Pokemon.
- Hehe, using Meowth as bait like old times
- Who's That Pokemon is back...?
- When thw Pokedex talks about Tepig, I realised how weird its voice is
- Why is it that the anime writers pick on the fire starters? o.O Charmander, Chimchar, Tepig...
- Wow, they're really trying to make Unova isolated from the other regions...
- Huh? Why is Meowth any less rare than an Umbreaon in Unova? The people there go crazy after Pikachui
- WHY would Giovanni want that Pikachu?? o.O
- So why didn't you know the Pokemon was Tepig, Don?
- Why does James randomly have a wine glass in the motto? XD
- Tepig *also* chooses Ash? D:

Friggen love all the BGM being kept <3
Old February 27th, 2011, 10:00 AM
travisjb90
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
This was an awesome episode. The Battle Club is so cool! It looks like a cool place for Ash to battle and train! Don George was cool, I like him. Ash's Tepig is awesome! I like how Ash saved it and fed it. I am am so glad Ash caught it. It was funny how they thought it was an Umbreon. Tepig has a cool voice, I like hearing its oinks and snorts. I like how Team Rocket used the hang gliders and that floating thing. They are so awesome now. Dewott and Servine were cool and I liked their voices. The ending was funny how Ash asked Pikachu what he was doing in a box. Oshawott was so funny and cute in this episode. I am glad they showed Whos That Pokemon this week. I can't wait for next weeks episode!
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Spoiler:
> Jeez, kids these days. They should know everything about a region they have never been in before offhand.
> Iris, why were you going to the Battle Club in the first place?
> That was a very strange laugh right there, Ash.
> ew the theme song
> ohgod ohgod Don George's voice ;;
> Why is Iris introducing Ash?
> Thanks for telling us about type advantages, Iris.
> Goodness, I remember less of the early episodes than I though.
> Is it just me or is Iris's figure less childish in this episode?
> Iris quit being so condescending.
> Ash you remembered something useful (kind of)?!
> All Pokemon stop what they are doing to be analyzed by the Pokedex.
> Negai hints I refuse to acknowledge you.
> "...so it couldn't eat, and then it got really skinny!" ...Something about that statement just seems weird.
> "That voice! Who's that?!" >__> Ash you are dumb.
> "Team Rocket burns me up!" .....

Man I was so bored. :/ Thank god Cilan shows up next episode <3

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old February 27th, 2011, 02:55 PM
ZeroX5

Nature: Modest
The dub of this episode wasn't too bad. I still have to wonder what's up with the writers obsession with abused, or neglected fire type Pokemon.
Old February 28th, 2011, 04:30 AM
masterquestmq
Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Well seems obvious Ash seems to have an affanity for abandoned fire Pokemon, although this one really touched me, I mean the poor thing was having trouble eating this was a real serious issue. During the flashback I couldnt help but wonder, was it Paul that left the Tepig?

The kid reference is getting really old, seems like this iris chick is nothing compared to misty, i guess their trying to make the constant gender battle (like ash and misty in the old season) times like this i just need to yell BRING OUT THE 3rd guy to lighten the mood or make it more entertaining.

yet again nothing much achieved in this episode except ash catching Tepig

all and all i give it 3/5

p/s Theme song, hmmm not so interesting and the 3d animation is a buzz killer.

well thats my personal opinon. everyone is entitle to their own.
Old March 4th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
B/W is still going pretty great.

CARTOON NETWORK 1.3/6 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.2/11; Generator Rex 1.4/10; Star Wars: The Clone Wars 1.5/9; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.7/8; Pokemon: Black & White 2.2/10; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.2/5; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 0.8/3; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.0/4; Hole in the Wall 1.0/4; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 1.1/5; Garfield Show 1.4/6; Garfield Show 1.5/7
Old March 6th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Lol funny episode. I finally watched it though in a weird order and flipped T___T Curse you slow internet. Anyways, I love Oshawott, if it keeps hurting Pikachu I'll love it even more, it's just so funny. Makes me want to choose an Oshawott in Pokemon Grey, I was planning on doing so but seeing this Oshawott seals the deal The scene as the Battle Club where it comes out is so ROFL! Axew is Cute. I found myself starring at Iris a lot. OMG Team Rocket will actually steal Pikachu soon! No more balloons! I can't believe it was Ember that thwarted their plans. Then again weak Tepig + it's ability = power fire type moves. Nice escape by TR. Hopefully I'll watch Episode 5 today.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:15 AM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Finally got around to posting this episode review that I made weeks ago. -.-

Review of BW004: The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice

Comments:

Quote:
Iris should stop picking on Ash. If she went to Kanto, she wouldn't know Pewter City from Lavender Town.

kipolem53
QFT.

-Darn it...stupid title spoiler of Tepig's appearance. >.<

-Hmm...the Battle Clubs are akin to Battle Tents, in a way... I wish they could be featured in the games with a unique battle mechanic...

-Ooh, battle music! Loved how it raised the intensity even as the viewer merely watched the PokeDex readings. I'm guessing this is a rearrangment of the BW Trainer Battle? (haven't listened to BW tracks yet)

-Servine's legs sure look wimpy...it looks somewhat alluring, though.

-That Servine was a disgrace to all Pokemon of the Snivy line bearing the Smugleaf moniker. It lost to a WATER GUN attack that is supposed to be "not very effective" against it.

-I like how Wotter can be all fun and games, yet its evolved form Dewott means serious business. I don't think I've ever seen a Dewott smile - I think it's the only second stage of a starter that always looks serious. Its voice wasn't what I was expected, but it seems nice.

-I thought Don George's voice would be deeper and with a Spanish accent or something...seems alright, though. SO glad they kept the original Japanese name!

-And now we have that brief music as Iris explains possible matchups...seems...interesting.

-I like the design of the Trainer with the Dewott...

-Aww! ROFL Wotter lets itself out of its Poke Ball and claps its hands like a Seel! So cute!!

-Hey don't push aside Pikachu like that, Wotter! You can prove your stuff later!

-ROFL Part 2 at Wotter's expression when the opposing Trainer sent out his Dewott and Wotter decided to reconsider and push Pikachu to the forefront! I am loving its cute voice!

-More battle music! Yay! I hope this partially previews BW's actual videogame tracks, because these anime tracks seem pretty good.

-O_O Jeez! PIkachu slammed its Volt Tackle right into the wall as Dewott dodged! That's GOTTA hurt!

-"Exit, quick!" -James
LOL...I love how the line was rendered. Reminds me of a Bug Maniac in Emerald's Battle Tower who says "SEE HOW FAST I RUN AWAY!" when losing, after having bragged about his speed before the battle began.

-I like the facial design of the guy who was typing at the computer, running/playing the security camera video.

-Ash is able to search specific species with just 3 touch screen presses! Why can't we search that easily? (still annoyed at BW lacking some of HGSS's touchscreen functionality)

-The mistaken Umbreon identity seems neat...

-The guitar bits when the Team Rocket trio are first seen peering behind the wall sounds nice. Still can't believe this is "Pokemon"; I'm quite used to the 4Kids' "suspense" and "peaceful day" tracks. The music when Umbreon!Meowth is first chased sounds quirky and neat as well.

-Oh gosh I'm loving Wotter's random Poke Ball openings. Similar to Misty's Psyduck! And Wotter looks so cute and hyper as well with its facial expressions! :3 At least this proves that Pokemon are aware of near-proximity happenings in the world while they're still in their Poke Balls.

-Aww...and then Wotter yawns cutely, waddles over to a food bowl with cute sound effects, and munchs on a widdle Pokemon food piece! And then it goes ballistic with the food! LOL at its facial expression when Pikachu tugs it and how it effortlessly tosses Pikachu aside. What is "supposed" to be a Level 5 Pokemon doing all this. XD

-LOL (but Pikachu has my sympathy) of Pikachu getting smacked on the head by boxes, its hilarious facial expression when the pan hit it, and the box randomly covering it at the end! And Wotter just goes on nibbling food!

-THANK GOODNESS the Who's That Pokemon? segment came back! Apparently, the initial airing of BW002 accidentally left it out, but it's been restored in subsequent airings of BW002, IIRC.

-Oh GOSH. There's a shot of malnourished Tepig, and mere seconds later you see a sharply contrasting image of a jovial, carefree Tepig. That made Tepig's situation more striking, IMO.

-"Slow down! I Wanna catch it!" -Iris
I like the way that line was spoken...

-LOL at Tepig's facial expression right before snorting Ash with smoke.

-LOL at Don George and his assistants crying at the discovery of an "Umbreon". However, "the VERY FIRST Umbreon in the Unova region" EVER? That's stretching it a bit too much.

-LOL at Meowth casually walking away from Don George's group...

-"Excuse me, Battle Manager. Wouldn't a talking Meowth be considered rare as well?" Battle Club Assistant
"You're right! RARE, INDEED!" Don George's sudden but delayed realization *Meowth scurries off*
*shot of Battle Manager and his Assistants being dumbfounded, then Don George going "NOOOOOOOO!" and everyone crying again*
ROFL...I think that was one of the episode's funniest moments for me. :cer_laugh:

-ROFL as the camera panned/spiraled away from a unconscious, swirly-eyed Pikachu. You constantly see Pikachu being BA and active, so IMO this rare moment of it being seen KO'd after an amusing event and just laying there like a motionless rat/mouse/rodent is very peculiar and funny.

-UGH...WHY do people keep on abandoning Fire Pokemon starters? Complete IDIOTS! And if I ever found that Pokemon Trainer who abandoned Tepig, I would team up with Iris and smack him into oblivion for leaving Tepig in a malnourished state like that! That would "teach him a lesson he'd never forget"...and I'd likely use my Emboar as well. :cer_pissed:

-Wotter really needs to stop posing and all when using Water Gun...kind of invokes Transformation Is A Free Action, or something similiar.

-How the eff did Team Rocket get a hold of a water-resistant, LEVITATING Forcefield?!!?!

-The part where Tepig looked briefly bipedal right before it released Ember seemed odd...

-O_O See, this event has officially certified the Emboar line (particularly that Tepig member) as BA. If Ember from a little Tepig like that can cause an effect that looks like EXPLOSION, imagine how powerful a Blast Burn would be from that Tepig when it becomes a Emboar.

-That Ember Explosion sure looked pur-ty.

-And Team Rocket just flies off on gliders into the sunset, unscathed??!?!?!?! They are really getting some BA escapes... :\

-I love the tone Tepig used when saying "Te-Piiiiig" right after Ash said "Tepig, thanks a lot. You helped saved Pikachu!" It sounded like a wondrous bell tone.

-Aww...Iris getting dissed by Pokemon two episodes in a row! That sucks! Shame to see her dismayed... And she's cute (her gaze is amazing) with a nice personality to boot; WHY DOES NO POKEYS LIEK HER EXCEPT KIBAGO?!???

-I loved the PokeBall button flash+wiggle, then the beautiful sparkle of stars when it "sealed" the Pokemon capture (just like those "2 stars" that got added in Emerald's Poke Ball wiggle animation when a Pokemon was confirmed to be caught). Nice touches; haven't seen a pretty Pokemon capture like that in a long time. Did I mention how much I LOVE the sounds made when Pokemon return to and get sent out from their Poke Balls? Most Wonderful Sound, indeed.

-Uh...wrong music!! As in, the music playing when Ash picks up the Poke Ball. Isn't that supposed to play after Trainer battle victories?? Should've been the music that plays after Pokemon captures, but whatever...

-ROFL at Pikachu trying to explain how it got trapped in the box! The forceful "Pikas" that indicated boxes falling enhanced it so much. "Pika-Pika, Pika-Pika, Pi-KA! PiKA!PiKA! Pika-Pika, Pi-Kaaaaaaa! Pi-Kaaaaaaaa!" Some of the best Pikas I've ever heard on the show! XD

-Oh gosh...creepy ominous Giovanni at the end is creepy ominous. Can't wait for BW004!

5/5 enjoyment. Hilarity abounds, and a few of the battling sequences were pretty nice as well.

Also, the instrumental credit music for this episode was nice...

Last edited by fenyx4; April 22nd, 2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
- Yerrr a kid!
- Duwott?
- Duwott's voice is good, Servine, not so much
- I love when they move their fists up it makes a swooshing noise
- Hehe, I like Ash being sort of semi-smart by looking up Umbreon. I suppose I mean by thaat him remembering a random Pokemon.
- Hehe, using Meowth as bait like old times
- Who's That Pokemon is back...?
- When thw Pokedex talks about Tepig, I realised how weird its voice is
- Why is it that the anime writers pick on the fire starters? o.O Charmander, Chimchar, Tepig...
- Wow, they're really trying to make Unova isolated from the other regions...
- Huh? Why is Meowth any less rare than an Umbreaon in Unova? The people there go crazy after Pikachui
- WHY would Giovanni want that Pikachu?? o.O
- So why didn't you know the Pokemon was Tepig, Don?
- Why does James randomly have a wine glass in the motto? XD
- Tepig *also* chooses Ash? D:

Friggen love all the BGM being kept <3
Oh, Dewott's voice in English is Lisa Ortiz (she also voices Oshawott).

I actually watched this episode online. This is why I know some of the plot.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here