Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page [Spoilers] BW018 - Yaguruma Forest! Kurumiru and Arty!!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old January 27th, 2011 (03:44 PM).
Aquacorde
only in our dreams are we free
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold

Nice pose. Nice pants. And Arti is extremely tall, holy crap. And skinnier than my boyfriend, which is saying something. His voice was kinda sexy. And it seemed as if Dent was fanboying over him a little bit.

Other than that... the episode was fast-paced and Ash got hurt a lot. Mildly amusing.

But there was too little Dent. :/
Old January 27th, 2011 (04:19 PM). Edited January 27th, 2011 by thedestinedblade.
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I enjoyed the episode despite it was the same ole' capture routine where Ash putting himself in harms way to save a pokemon. Kurumiru is cute, and I have a feeling that the bird was oak'd. (hopefully!) I don't mind eventually seeing Ash with a Hahakomori.

Did Iris claim to feel the heart of the forest and then proceed to get lost? lol.
Old January 27th, 2011 (05:14 PM).
Kirbychu

Nature: Naive
I'm going to be honest... I absolute hated this episode... It really didn't have anything interesting going on. I actually found myself skipping through a lot of the episode. Arti made the episode a bit better with his wacky personality. Oh, and Ash getting hit by Sewaddle was great too. I really love that Sewaddle, I just hope it never evolves. Its evolutions terrify me. ._.

Pidove getting Oak'd so soon? If that's the case, I'll be pretty disappointed. Even though she was Ash's first Pokemon in Unova, we hardly got to see her. Oh well, it's not like we really need another bird.
Old January 27th, 2011 (05:36 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I was surprised that Ash caught Sewaddle. I'm guessing the Pokemon he sent away after he caught it was Snivy because Ash would have 2 Grass Pokemon on his team if Snivy stayed, which is a bit redundant.

Old January 27th, 2011 (05:59 PM).
TehPsychicTypeMaster
"I See Greatness In You..."

Nature: Jolly
I found this episode quite amusing, Arti made me laugh, and he's so tall O_o. It was quite cute how Sewaddle Chuck Norrised Ash on his forehead two times. Other then that, a generally good episode. I wonder what Team Rocket is up to now?
Old January 27th, 2011 (10:00 PM). Edited January 27th, 2011 by Kenshin5.
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Mew~:
Wow I enjoyed this episode.

Arti is such a Diva. :3 Hahakomori was really cool too, saving Ash and Sewaddle, and making that leaf into shape. It has a cute voice too. Considering how Ash seems to already have a big bond with Sewaddle now, it shouldn't be long before it evolves to Kurumayu and then Hahakomori. (Hopefully before the match against Arti)

I was suprised to see Ash catch Sewaddle even if there was all that merchandise, it's been ages to see Ash catch another pokémon with a full party.

Speaking of that, I was also suprised to see the Pokéball just lock instead of going to professor oaks or Junipers lab. It does seem better in a way to me though. I wonder what Ash swiched with, like kenshin said - Mijumaru and Zuruguu were shown in the BW019 Preview.
Arti is just strutting his stuff like a pro, he is just making his awesomeness known. I agree it will probably be a Hahakomori soon or at least by the 4 gym. I am not too surprised since this is one of many things that this Saga and the original share. I was equally surprised not to see the pokemon transport upon capture like it did with Krabby.

Quote originally posted by PearlShipper4Life:
This episode was pretty fun and I loved the animation here and I knew Ash would catch Kurumiru, just from the previews and summary of the episode. I'm glad he caught it too, hope he gets more and more Pokemon, best idea for Pokemon yet. Also another good sign, no Team Rocket two episodes in a row, keep it up writers.
Team Rocket had three scenes in Episode 17. If you remember they were in an apartment laboratory doing something with the meteorite.

Quote originally posted by Kirbychu:
I'm going to be honest... I absolute hated this episode... It really didn't have anything interesting going on. I actually found myself skipping through a lot of the episode. Arti made the episode a bit better with his wacky personality. Oh, and Ash getting hit by Sewaddle was great too. I really love that Sewaddle, I just hope it never evolves. Its evolutions terrify me. ._.

Pidove getting Oak'd so soon? If that's the case, I'll be pretty disappointed. Even though she was Ash's first Pokemon in Unova, we hardly got to see her. Oh well, it's not like we really need another bird.
Why cause you prefer it too be Tepig, pssh Tepig hater. This is just setting up Ash to catch Koaruhie..

Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
I was surprised that Ash caught Sewaddle. I'm guessing the Pokemon he sent away after he caught it was Snivy because Ash would have 2 Grass Pokemon on his team if Snivy stayed, which is a bit redundant.
I don't see a problem. In the past Ash had the following same types on his team at the same time.
Pidgeotto and Butterfree - Flying
Pidgeotto and Charizard - Flying
Squirtle and Lapras - Water
Bulbasaur and Chikorita - Grass
Staraptor and Gliscor - Flying

Sewaddle Primary Type is Bug, so I don't see it being too redundant.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old March 2nd, 2011 (04:28 PM).
Derezzed
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Sassy
I'm watching this now and oh my, that Kurumiru/Sewaddle is SO cute, I'll have to get one on my own game on Friday!

Sponsored Links