The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Should the main character have dialogue or remain silent?
Dialogue 18 69.23%
Silent 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:50 AM
00Vampire
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Last of the prelimanary polls...

25 - Grass A
26 - Grass B
27 - Grass C
28 - Fire
29 - Water A
30 - Water B
31 - Water C
32 - Water D
33 - Water E

We almost have the definitive list of obtainable Pokemon. :D

Old March 1st, 2011, 12:15 PM
flamemaster
No school like the old school

Nature: Impish
you are so eval T_T you made me choose between magby and growlithe.
Old March 1st, 2011, 12:33 PM
Fraot
Researcher & Game Developer

Nature: Quiet
Well, let's see how these things turn.

By the way, I guess, I just GUESS you'd include Tangrowth in the case you've got to add Tangela, won´t you?

I didn't choose Tangela, but just for curiosity.

And also... a new Megaman X game is coming. Megaman X: Maverick Wars.
Old March 1st, 2011, 01:38 PM
DForte
Trainer

In poll 33, you have Feebas and Milotic. If you have feebas, wouldn't you have to include Milotic? No one has voted for either yet, but it's just something I thought I would bring your attention to.

Also, more people need to vote for Magby
Old March 1st, 2011, 02:50 PM
00Vampire
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamemaster View Post
you are so eval T_T you made me choose between magby and growlithe.
*insert evil cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraot View Post
Well, let's see how these things turn.

By the way, I guess, I just GUESS you'd include Tangrowth in the case you've got to add Tangela, won´t you?

I didn't choose Tangela, but just for curiosity.
I would, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DForte View Post
In poll 33, you have Feebas and Milotic. If you have feebas, wouldn't you have to include Milotic? No one has voted for either yet, but it's just something I thought I would bring your attention to.

Also, more people need to vote for Magby
Argh, I didn't notice that. Oh well, like you said no one's voted for either yet (and I'm doubting if anyone will), so I'll just leave it. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Old March 1st, 2011, 08:30 PM
YourFavorite
One who can't think of a title

Nature: Timid
Feebas!
Feebas should totally be in instead of Magikarp (Everyone knows Feebas is better).
If it were in the game, do you think it would be possible for it to be strong enough that I wouldn't feel like I needed to evolve it?

I wish I could raise a Numel, but it doesn't look like it's going to win either. </3

Oh well. I look forward to trying it when another demo comes out~
Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:03 PM
00Vampire
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFavorite View Post
Feebas!
Feebas should totally be in instead of Magikarp (Everyone knows Feebas is better).
If it were in the game, do you think it would be possible for it to be strong enough that I wouldn't feel like I needed to evolve it?

I wish I could raise a Numel, but it doesn't look like it's going to win either. </3

Oh well. I look forward to trying it when another demo comes out~
Thanks for the comment. Unfortunately Feebas didn't make it, however, NUMEL DID :D

Update!

The polls have closed... The votes have been counted... And the definitive list of Pokemon is completed.

Before it's revealed, just a few notes. All the winners from the polls made it in, however I think a small few 'second-place' Pokemon didn't, and there's the odd one or two that got in regardless of having very few votes. These adjustments were made mostly due to balancing the variety of types and stuff, and slightly down to my own favouritism .

Also, I was going to do another round of polls just to fill up the remainder of places, but it turns out I didn't have any places left to fill.

There are 200 Pokemon in this game (not including the handful of special Pokemon I'll be including). The question marks in the list below represent legendaries I am not revealing yet.

Enjoy.

Spoiler:

Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:11 PM
DForte
Trainer

1st. Lets have a moment of silence for the Squirtle family since they did not make it into the game .............................................................................................................................................

2nd. I love the pics you chose lol

3rd. How dare you not tell us all the legendaries in the game (my Fraot impersonation) lol

4th. My team: Sceptile, Magmortar, Electivire, Gengar, Gallade, 6th Pokemon could vary (Walrein, Salamence, Aggron, Staraptor, Garchomp, Metagross, or Nidoking). Maybe I'll just raise all 12 evenly.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Looks nice! I'm interested at teh concept of the laptop and being able to download 'apps.'
Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:56 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
No dragonite, is not a Pokemon game But seriously nice picks, most of them i like looking forward
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:51 PM
RulerArceus
的なインターネッ の最高級!

Nature: Timid
Metagross got in?
That's awesome!
But,I wonder what pokemon No.150 is...
Oh well!
~RulerArceus
P.S. 100th post.
And yeah, my friend hacked it. His DS got drenched in Orange Juice and he cant use it anymore.I put my Feraligatr up here to share the memory of my friends R4 and his SS that he's not really ever going to get a Chance to use again.EDIT: Oh wait, it started working again .
SUICUNE LV.30
EXTREMESPEED|AIR SLASH|AQUA RING|SHEER COLD|
My first ever event pokemon. I screamed like a little girl when I went on the Mystery Gift and actually got results.
OH MY GAWD *HYPERVENTILATION*
pretty much explains how I felt. I know a bunch of people that have better Events than me like the Lv. 100 Arceus or Celebi etc.
but it's still my first event and it has a special place in my heart.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:53 PM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

the legends are obvious...

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Celebi :p

My team will proberly be: Feraligatr/Empoleon, Staraptor, Lucario, Scizor, Garchomp and Electivile
Old March 3rd, 2011, 03:43 AM
00Vampire
Trainer

Comments are in red (cause I'm lazy)

Quote:
1st. Lets have a moment of silence for the Squirtle family since they did not make it into the game ..............................................................................................................................................................................

2nd. I love the pics you chose lol Thanks.

3rd. How dare you not tell us all the legendaries in the game (my Fraot impersonation) lol Hahaha

4th. My team: Sceptile, Magmortar, Electivire, Gengar, Gallade, 6th Pokemon could vary (Walrein, Salamence, Aggron, Staraptor, Garchomp, Metagross, or Nidoking). Maybe I'll just raise all 12 evenly. Nice team
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
Looks nice! I'm interested at teh concept of the laptop and being able to download 'apps.' Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
No dragonite, is not a Pokemon game But seriously nice picks, most of them i like looking forward. Thanks. Sorry about Dragonite - to be honest I was very surprised that he came last in the Dragon poll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RulerArceus View Post
Metagross got in?
That's awesome!
But,I wonder what pokemon No.150 is... I like mysteries lol
Oh well!
~RulerArceus
P.S. 100th post. Congratulations! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
the legends are obvious...

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Celebi :p I shouldn't really say, but nope, nope, no and nope.

My team will proberly be: Feraligatr/Empoleon, Staraptor, Lucario, Scizor, Garchomp and Electivile Another interesting team. I see Garchomp and Electivire are quite popular.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 03:57 AM
Crosscross
Beginning Trainer

Hi 00Vampire!

1. You forget Politoad.

2. Do you want use HG/SS or B/W move & ability list?
Old March 3rd, 2011, 04:28 AM
00Vampire
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosscross View Post
Hi 00Vampire!
Hi.

Quote:
1. You forget Politoad.
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice lol. I didn't realise until I was finished, and then I had a nice round number and didn't want to change it. I think I'll just leave Politoed out, unfortunately.

Quote:
2. Do you want use HG/SS or B/W move & ability list?
I'll probably use a select amount from both.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 04:37 AM
Crosscross
Beginning Trainer

Don't worry, I think Politoad isn't good pokemon and I never use it in games.

I like this "pokedex" and I'm pleased, there is no "rubbish" pokemon like Zubat, Rattata, Sentret, Geodude etc. It's bad, there isn't Steelix & Blaziken. Good job!

195-197 it's probably Dialga, Palkia, Giratina.

Also, I believe you will use Physical/Special/Other move classification from 4th/5th generation games. Right?

Last edited by Crosscross; March 3rd, 2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 06:09 AM
00Vampire
Trainer

Quote:
Don't worry, I think Politoad isn't good pokemon and I never use it in games.

I like this "pokedex" and I'm pleased, there is no "rubbish" pokemon like Zubat, Rattata, Sentret, Geodude etc. It's bad, there isn't Steelix. Good job!

195-197 it's probably Dialga, Palkia, Giratina.

Also, I believe you will use Physical/Special/Other move classification from 4th/5th generation games. Right?
In regards to 195 - 197, I should probably not say if you're right or wrong or eventually people will know who it is if I keep it up lol.

And yes, the move classification from the later gen games.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
DForte
Trainer

Im guessing everyone will be playing Black & White now that they are released/soon to be released. Which means all the fan made games will be slowly produced . I personally will not play the new games since I didnt like it when I played the japanese rom. I look forward to playing Pokemon Circle, SPEE, as well as all the other fan made games here in PokeCommunity as they offer a new experience. Anyway, hope to see a demo of Pokemon Circle soon. As for now, 00Vampire and everyone else, I shall see you after my wonderful Spring Break lol
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:04 AM
00Vampire
Trainer

Quote:
Im guessing everyone will be playing Black & White now that they are released/soon to be released. Which means all the fan made games will be slowly produced . I personally will not play the new games since I didnt like it when I played the japanese rom. I look forward to playing Pokemon Circle, SPEE, as well as all the other fan made games here in PokeCommunity as they offer a new experience. Anyway, hope to see a demo of Pokemon Circle soon. As for now, 00Vampire and everyone else, I shall see you after my wonderful Spring Break lol
I started playing Pokemon Black earlier, and was so bored that I turned off the DS before I even reached the second town. Couldn't help but think I'd wasted my money - although I suppose I didn't give it that much of a chance.

At the very least, it means it won't cut away from the time I'm spending making this game. So hopefully there's no reason for progress to slow down.

Obviously I'm only speaking for myself, and I hope the release of B/W doesn't hinder the progress of some fantastic fangames here in this community, which I'm also looking forward to more than I am returning to my Pokemon Black.

Hope you enjoy your Spring Break.

Old March 4th, 2011, 01:24 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
I started Black earlier to, its not that bad after you get past like the 3rd town, it actually becomes pretty good, but most people back out before they even reach the 2nd town, because there so use to the recent gens.
Old March 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Fraot
Researcher & Game Developer

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
3rd. How dare you not tell us all the legendaries in the game (my Fraot impersonation) lol
How dare you to say that?! It's my patented phrase...
Hahahahaha! Whatever.

@00Vampire
I see you made a VERY unique choice of pokémon. I can finaly play a Pokémon game(not made by myself) with no useless Pokémon!!!
I'll cry blood because of my hapiness.

But I'd choice Blaziken instead of Cyndaquil. Actually, Typhlosion and Charizard have exactly the same base stats but Typhlosion is ugglier than Charizard and Blaziken.

To say the truth, I'd choice Emboar as another Fire-type starter, since it's the strongest of them all; but, it's from Gen 5, so it doesn't count.

And also... a new Megaman X game is coming. Megaman X: Maverick Wars.
Old March 5th, 2011, 08:21 PM
DForte
Trainer

Guess I have to come up with my own patented phrase lol

Now that the pokemon have been decided, which moveset will you be using for the game? I would assume Gen 4 since there are no Gen 5 pokemon in the game.
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:51 AM
00Vampire
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
I started Black earlier to, its not that bad after you get past like the 3rd town, it actually becomes pretty good, but most people back out before they even reach the 2nd town, because there so use to the recent gens.
Yeah, I'll have to get back to it sometime, and give it some more time to grab me. I just wish the developers would add a bit more variety to the beginning of the games - they don't always have to start the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraot View Post
How dare you to say that?! It's my patented phrase...
Hahahahaha! Whatever.

@00Vampire
I see you made a VERY unique choice of pokémon. I can finaly play a Pokémon game(not made by myself) with no useless Pokémon!!!
I'll cry blood because of my hapiness.

But I'd choice Blaziken instead of Cyndaquil. Actually, Typhlosion and Charizard have exactly the same base stats but Typhlosion is ugglier than Charizard and Blaziken.

To say the truth, I'd choice Emboar as another Fire-type starter, since it's the strongest of them all; but, it's from Gen 5, so it doesn't count.
Please don't cry blood, I'm sure it'd make quite a mess lol.
I actually think Blaziken is one of the ugliest starter Pokemon, but obviously that's just my opinion . I'm glad Typhlosion is in as it's one of my favourites. :D

Quote:
Guess I have to come up with my own patented phrase lol

Now that the pokemon have been decided, which moveset will you be using for the game? I would assume Gen 4 since there are no Gen 5 pokemon in the game.
I'm experimenting at the moment with a lot of different moves from each Gen, with different Pokemon, and seeing if I can work it into a possible feature which I may include.
Sorry if that's a bit vague. All will be revealed tomorrow, with screenshots :D.

Old March 6th, 2011, 11:09 AM
DForte
Trainer

If you don't mind, I would like to help out with the movesets. I cant remember if you said there would be a breeder, move tutor, move relearner and things of that sort, but I personally think being able to learn certain moves, that don't require an intense amount of breeding, would be a plus. I can even make a guide that shows what level each pokemon learns each move. It is Sunday so I have all day to myself and most of tomorrow since my friends are not on the same spring break schedule as me
Old March 8th, 2011, 05:55 AM
00Vampire
Trainer

A little bit late, but nevertheless, here's at least one promised screenshot:

The new Skills Interface.

Of particular note is the 'Link' button. Any time outside of battle, you can choose to link two moves together to preform a combo in battle - much like the Mystery Dungeon series. However, this comes at the cost of causing double the amount of fatigue when used.

I felt that I needed to add something new to battles, and I hope you like the idea. Let me know what you think.

More screenshots later.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here