• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Hey Landorus! Welcome (unofficially) to the Shiny Hunters Club!

I've been SRing for a shiny Drifloon in Diamond since last Friday. I'm at 1212 SRs now - I hope it shines soon!

In Ruby, I'm running around on the route before the Rusturf Tunnel, hoping for a random encounter shiny. All the Pokemon on that route are pretty cool, and so far I have seen 500 Nincada/Zigzagoon/Taillow/Whismur/Skitty.

In Sapphire, I'm SRing for a shiny Treecko. I think I was doing that a few years ago too, and that's how I got my shiny Torchic. I mustn't have been paying attention and forgot to move the cursor over to select Treecko, and when I looked down I saw shiny Torchic!! "lol" it was awesome; hopefully I'll get all 3 Hoenn starters eventually.

In FireRed, I'm playing through the game to get an Entei for Pokedex reasons. I decided to play the game with my shiny Bulbasaur, which should be pretty fun. :) Hopefully I'll get a random encounter shiny along the ordinary course of the game. Once I finish the game, I'll restart and go for Squirtle and Charmander, but that won't be for a really long time, "lol."

Good luck on your Landorus hunt, Landorus! Good luck to all the other shiny hunters - I know you're out there somewhere! :D

EDIT: 1234 Drifloon. :)
EDIT II: 1313 Drifloon; Vermillion City in FireRed
EDIT III: 1341 Drifloon. I spent all day playing FireRed, and now I'm in Saffron City. I've seen no shinys despite hundreds of encounters. I tried to face as few trainers as possible so that I would have to raise my team almost entirely against wild Pokemon to maximize RE chances - I trained mostly against Diglett and Gastly hoping to run into a shiny, but no luck. I'm going to take a break from the regular course of the game for a while and do a few SRs for a shiny Hitmonlee.

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Good luck on your Drifloon hunt and thanks for the luck! o:

Today I had a snow day, and I spent the entire day dual SRing for Landorus on and off. I am now at 1,000 SRs on my first day! WOO! Tomorrow I might have another snow day which would be awesome!

I have 3 boxes of Staryu eggs in Soul Silver that have not hatched. I figure I should go hatch those now since I am not going to do any more SRs today.

_____

MAJOR EDIT:

Oh my god you guys! I just found a shiny!

After just 350 Pokemon in Eterna Forest (on the 351st Pokemon) I found a Shiny Bidoof. Not one that I was looking for, but hey, it's shiny! This was the very first encounter I did today!

It's Gentle and has Simple.

When I was recording the video, it stopped recording half way through thanks to my SD card being full. (Even though my camera is supposed to tell me, but it surely did not.) So, I don't have the capture on film. So really, the video I took is pointless. But..I will still upload it. Here are the pictures!

Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osC5pSeh6uo

----

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! I WAS JUST TALKING TO ZABI AND IVYON ON MSN AND A SHINY STARLY HATCHED! ON THE 7TH EGG! HOLY JESUS!

It's Careful and Female, no egg moves.

Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXcjdbP8TMI

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
Congrats on the shinys, Landorus!

I recently realized that every time I turn on my Ruby version, I get the dreaded "internal battery is dead" message. I just did a little research on it, and it looks like that means no more soft resetting, as that adds tons of time to each reset.

Luckily, I still have my Sapphire version. I haven't put in nearly as many hours (00:02 on my current file, "lol," but I've had other files before that) so thankfully I still have some time. But eventually, it too will run dry and cease its shiny-producing goodness. Thus, I must embark on an epic quest!

I hereby commence The Race Against Time: A Quest to Conquer Hoenn!

The demands are great - I must procure every SRable shiny in Sapphire! It is an ambitious quest, but success would be legendary. It would surely capture for me shiny hunting fame. All other hunts are immediately postponed so that I can focus on this daring quest. Success would make me a shiny hunting legend; failure would bring great shame.

As I embark on this journey, I look forward to a bright future. Many shinys await! As I see it now, there will probably be 13-14 shinys on my quest:

Torchic
Treecko
Mudkip
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Beldum
Regice
Castform
Regirock
Registeel
Kecleon
Fossil
Latios?

I technically began my quest in July of 2007, when I obtained shiny Torchic. However, I knew not of the dire situation in which Hoenn now finds itself. Time is running out - the shinys must be captured!

I have an Eon Ticket on some of my games, but I'm not sure if I've used up the Mixing Records limit, so I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to hunt for Latios. If I missed any, please let me know - no Hoenn SRable shiny shall escape my grasp! Mwahahahaa!

*injects epicness to the thread*

Let the hunt begin!

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Yo, yo, yo, everyone! Long time no see or, to those that don't know me, howdy there and (late or not so late) welcome aboard; I am here on my periodic SHC visit, as per usual!

Reading the last few posts in the thread, I sort of agree with the fact that Shinies seem to have become more widespread thanks to RNG abuse, Pokésav and general antics with events and such. Still, let it not demotivate you, for you hunt for yourself and no other (save for the occasional silly competition in here, hehe) - let the glory of the Shiny Hunter fill you with passion for the glitter!

I've mostly been sticking to my things in WoW (ooh boy, being GM is rough!), university and nitpicky life stuff in general, but I've had one of my usual surges of Pokémon playing inspiration as of late, playing with my bro in Multi Room Battle Tower and doing some Shiny Hunting!

Unreliable as it usually is, I've been indulging in one of the craziest methods - GTS hunting! I actually managed to nick a legit Shiny Golem off it! Too bad I can't nickname her but hey, Golem's a cool mythical creature.

...Of course, I also nabbed a not-so legit Shiny Latios with some time description imperfections (LOL, Lvl 40 to 99 in less than one day after being transferred from Hoenn) and, on the other hand, waaaay too perfect IVs and such. I'm keeping him because he's got a cool nick - Silverbolt - and is nevertheless fun to have; big green thing following me around on SS.
Still, I might be able to hack him into looking legit (still hax, oh well), simply to see if it's doable - SID to IV/Nature correspondence and other factors. Of course, this means he's not part of my listed Shinies, for obvious reasons.

Oh yeah, almost forgot! I've acquired a Shiny Eevee from a player-emulated GTS distribution event (good lads at /vp/) - it's the one from that Championship a while back; gonna keep him as he is, a cool-looking silver Eevee.

Latios? (...) not sure whether or not I'll be able to hunt for Latios(...)

While it would be pretty darn useful to have the Eon Ticket version to SR, if you at least have Latios available as a roamer (don't remember how Emerald worked with those - can you even have him roaming, there?), it's possible. It's been done and you can see that if you really roll back in the SHC thread. It's pretty long-drawn, though. I think it involved saving right after beating the Elite Four, watching the TV show and having to snipe the Pokémon down without a map indicator, since it's the first time seeing it. Good luck if you follow that route! It reminds me of the insanity of going for a Shiny Entei/Raikou pre Wi-Fi event.

Anyway, moving on to what I'm actually hunting right now!...

...Nothing in specific, actually. Most of my latest activity has been bashing the Battle Frontier and messing around at the Pokéathlon, so not all that many wild, event or hatched Pokémon available. I do have plans to SR for a Shiny Lugia at some point, however - I'll keep you informed when I get to doing it!

Outside of that, perhaps collateral Shinies from breeding competitive Pokémon, especially now that I want to try to keep up a strong Battle Tower Streak. Breeding doesn't need as many kids these days, thanks to the Power items and other breeding tweaks, thankfully! *Grumbles and remembers hatching over 5000 Torchic eggs to no avail* Speaking of which, it's been my preferred method for so long but I'm yet to find a Shiny by hatching. Strange fate, is it not?

Well, I'll be watchin' the club here! You guys behave now and enjoy your hunts!

P.S: Updated Shiny card in my sig. Hurray for symbolism in icons! (Wild/egg/reset/radar/trade/event)

Last edited:

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
I've only hunted one shiny, and that was a shiny mareep, so i could name ampharos, Ampharoh!
And on my 63 egg of using the Masuda method... it shined!
Shiny+Mareep

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Wow the front page hasn't been updated in 5 years!!
Maybe this group should be closed and remade?

well anyway I caught a Shiny Golbat, and hatched a shiny Spoink,Beldum,Charmander,Cherubi and Roselia

G-Money

Years
I've been hunting a lot for Treecko in my quest to get all Sapphire SRable shinys, and sure enough, I'm taunted by the uncatchable shiny Poochyena. :/ At least I can say I saw a shiny, even though I couldn't catch it! Hopefully shiny Treecko is on the way...

While it would be pretty darn useful to have the Eon Ticket version to SR, if you at least have Latios available as a roamer (don't remember how Emerald worked with those - can you even have him roaming, there?), it's possible. It's been done and you can see that if you really roll back in the SHC thread. It's pretty long-drawn, though. I think it involved saving right after beating the Elite Four, watching the TV show and having to snipe the Pokémon down without a map indicator, since it's the first time seeing it. Good luck if you follow that route! It reminds me of the insanity of going for a Shiny Entei/Raikou pre Wi-Fi event.

Thanks! I might try that method a few times, but it sounds extremely time-consuming; probably around 10 minutes per reset! Unfortunately, I don't have 81,920 minutes in most of my days! ;)

Found a shiny Spinda in Emerald. Named him snot :3

Congratulations! My first shiny was in Emerald, on the Spinda route... *nostalgia*

I got a shiny Nidoqueen in leaf green and a shiny gastorodon in diamond

Awesome, nice shinys!

Grr, your name reminds me of that uncatchable shiny Poochyena! >:|

Wow the front page hasn't been updated in 5 years!!
Maybe this group should be closed and remade?

well anyway I caught a Shiny Golbat, and hatched a shiny Spoink,Beldum,Charmander,Cherubi and Roselia

Wow, congrats on all those shinys! Beldum must have taken a long time, since it has so many egg steps. That's a really cool collection you have there.

I don't like the idea of remaking the club - this thread is filled with so many awesome shiny stories, it would be a shame to kill it. Each post here is like we're adding to history.

*continues Treecko hunt*

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
after a disappointing attempt at chaining a shiny Mareep I believe I'm going to SS to Masuda for a shiny Poochyena. wish me luck.

Oh. I also left out some shiny's that are on my Diamond they include Barboach,Cacturne,Vulpix,Bronzor. Vulpix and Bronzor were hatched thanks to my Jap Ditto ,Cacturne and Barboach were traded over from my Plat for safe keeping.... any way onto hatching Pochyenas (I've a feeling this will take awhile)

G-Money

Years
YES!!!!! I GOT SHINY TREECKO!!!!!!

Finally, I got my shiny target! I had been hunting it like a madman, "lol." I got so frustrated with my lack of success that I just sat down and said, "I'm sick of not getting a shiny Treecko. I'm going to sit here and not do anything else until I get a shiny." So yeah, I spent around 8 hours hunting today, the last 3 of which were pure shiny hunting and nothing else. :) I was dual SRing, going for Treecko in Sapphire and the Game Corner shinys in Leaf Green. I was going to turn it in for the night after one more batch of Game Corner Pokemon, but shiny Treecko graced me as I was purchasing the final batch of the night! Honestly, I was expecting to get a Game Corner shiny first since I get around 25 or so per group (opposed to 1 Treecko per SR), but I was lucky and got my primary target!! Shiny Treecko looks really cool, too - I was expecting it to be a good shiny, but it looks even better in the actual game than its online sprite does!!

I feel awesome! Whoo!! 2/13 Sapphire SRable shinys shone!

EDIT: I ended up saving 5 times afterwards, "lol." I didn't want to turn the game off! :D

EDIT II: Hunting Status:

I've gotten Treecko safely to another game and restarted Sapphire; now I'm going after shiny Mudkip to complete my shiny Hoenn starter trio, which is a part of the larger Hoenn SRable quest. I'm thinking about trading Torchic and Treecko back over once I get Mudkip so that I can play through the game with a team of the three shiny starters. :) That would be pretty fun, but my only reservation is whether or not I'm comfortable with evolving my shiny starters. Any suggestions? Anyone have a good reason to hate shiny Blaziken, Sceptile, or Swampert?

Occasionally I'll dual hunt, so here are my targets in my other games:

Ruby: Nincada/Skitty/Zigzagoon/Whismur/Poochyena (grr...)/Taillow

FR: Hitmonlee

LG: various Game Corner assortments (I don't have the patience to get 80 Abra though, "lol." Good luck to ShinyDoug - it's monotonous!)

Emerald: Not much, really. I've mass-evacuated half of it to restart for Totodile and Cyndaquil, but I don't feel like playing through right now since I'll be playing through Sapphire soon (I hope!). Besides, it's going to take a really long time to trade over the hundreds of Pokemon I have there!
biggrin.gif

Diamond: Drifloon

Pearl: the grass behind Lake Acuity

Platinum: Turtwig/Piplup/Chimchar\

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
YES!!!!! I GOT SHINY TREECKO!!!!!!

Congrats on your Shiny Treecko! I prefer the greener colour scheme the normal version offers, but a well-hunted Shiny is worthy of respect. I hope you'll avenge the lost Poochyena, soon!

Anyone have a good reason to hate shiny Blaziken, Sceptile, or Swampert?

Simple: I find Grovyle to be way cooler than Sceptile, Shiny or not; that's me, though. Everything else seems like a matter of taste - Shiny Torchic and Combusken are yellow while Blaziken is a dark crimson.
Swampert, Swampert... *Shrugs* Can't think of anything, honestly.

News from me:
- No Shiny over here, but I went to the Colombo mall in Lisbon with my bro today and we both got Celebi Wonder Cards in each of our two games! I'll be SRing on one of them and resetting for a good IV'd Celebi on the other game.

Anyway... keep on hunting, people! Good luck and may you have many sparkles!

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
This group has been closed since the creator hasn't been here in two years. Someone else is recreating it.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
~*Shiny Hunter's Club*~

The Shiny Hunters' Club

What is the Shiny Hunters' Club?

This club is all about shinies! Anything involving shiny Pokémon is allowed here. Be it your shiny hunting quests, discussion of your favorite shinies, shiny artwork, and so on. Be sure to follow the rules, and yes, we will know if you read them when you join.

Please make sure you read the rules, read the second post for contests, and click here for the PokeDex!

Please support the club in your signatures!

The Rules

• Be respectful to all members, and don't be rude to the owner/co-owners in or outside the club, if you have a complaint those are perfectly fine. Do not accuse someone of hacking. If you think they are, PM the owner or co-owner. Don't be rude to owner's or co-owners regarding the club. That will get you a strike.
  • Don't post anything not-shiny related, and don't just post saying congrats or thanks. Doing so will be spam. Don't post discussing cheating. This is not a trade thread, as long as trading is not the only thing you're talking about, you're okay.[Update 1]
  • Don't complain about a small number of eggs/SRs/REs. As in don't go.."I hatched 50 eggs, why won't it appear?! ;_;" It's annoying as hell.
  • To join, all you need to do is post.
  • To get in the PokeDex, you must PM me your shinies. I will probably see your post, but just make sure.
  • Breaking a forum rule here will get you reported and a strike.
  • Shiny Pokemon obtained on ROMs are allowed to be discussed and counted towards the PokeDex. Please read the spoiler below for details regarding this.
    Spoiler:

icon.png
Contact the Staff

Please contact the club creator and co-owners if you are having any problems. If you feel we can not provide the support you need, please contact the forum staff - we are not forum staff. The following is this club's staff:​

• Landorus
  • TwilightBlade
  • ShinyDoug
  • R.K 9
  • Latios Master

Member List

#
2Cool4Mewtwo |

#A
Alternative
AntiZero
Apex
AshyBird
AyameHikaru

#B
Ben Purse

#C
candy fennec
carefulwetpaint
Chr. Draco | |

#D
DarkraiDaviz
DarkTorchic
dithyrambos
Doubles
Drimza

#E
Evil Sonic

#F
Fireworks

#G
G-Money
Gearuvagen
Giraffe

#H
HaloSonic
Haunter Master
HellDog
hiff8
Hipster Haunter
Hooh54

#I
iRock
It's Just Fufu

#J
JalordaSerpent7

#L
Lake of Retro
lunaeclipse
lunemoon

#M
Metal Electric
MICAHISCOOL888

#N
Nato4eyes |
NightOfRemorse

#O
ollieclark17
Otherworld9) |

#P
PinkPirate
poketranier729
PokeTrainer87
pokewalker
ponpasdejabon

#R
Raichu1988
Razer302
Razor Leaf
Rooke
Runasutaru
rustymenon

#S
Shiny Celebi
SHINY CHARIZARD#1
ShinyHunterExtreme
Suicune™

#T
Tails05
TamaTurtle
TheGr8
Totodile42
Troggy

#U
U_Flame
Uade

#V
vagrantwanderer

#W
Weber

#Z
zwertydog

#Contributors
Mukkamoto: Created the CSS for an old Claim a Country thread I had - decided to recycle their hard work!​

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Current Races and Contests
This post is going to be used for contest information, and only contest information. PokeRadar not allowed.

Random Route Challenge
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

PokeCommunity Shiny Circuit
Spoiler:

Awesome August
Spoiler:

Artwork Contest
Spoiler:

Prizes have not been determined yet.

Past Contest Winners
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I'd love to join, I have not many shinies, but I do like them, :P.
For seven years? Pretty long, so I can be the first member and try to go up the ranks from there, right?
As for the Saint Patrick Event, I have a green Spinda in my emerald...does that count?

G-Money

Years
Shiny Pokedex​
Spoiler:

Alright, it looks like the SHC is officially restarted. I fully back this club and give Landorus my complete support. I accept the co-owner offer and will do whatever I can to make this club as great as the last one.

I'm G-Money, and I was in the last club towards the end. I love to shiny hunt, and so far I have 14 shinys:

Slugma (Emerald) - Random Encounter
Electrode (Ruby) - Random Encounter
Shuppet (Emerald) - Random Encounter
Zangoose (Ruby) - Random Encounter
Dialga (Diamond) - SR
Torchic (Sapphire) - SR
Uxie (Diamond) - SR
Bibarel (Diamond) - Safari Zone
Bulbasaur (FireRed) - SR
Magnemite (Diamond) - Egg Hatching
Tangela (LeafGreen) - Random Encounter
Giratina (Diamond) - SR
Staravia (Diamond) - Random Encounter
Treecko (Sapphire) - SR

I'm currently on a quest to get every SRable shiny in Sapphire, before the internal battery dies! :) Right now I'm going for Mudkip to finish my Hoenn shiny starter trio.

I don't completely agree with the rules (3 sentences and strictly on-topic seem a little too tight, I prefer it to be a little more focused on just having fun), but the thread's officially restarted now, and Landorus is our new Supreme Overlord. *bows down* Thanks for starting the SHC back up again!

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Hey good to see this up and running. I'd love to rejoin.
Here we go heres all my Shinies to date (Been hunting for 2-3 years)
Espeon x2,Cacturne,Barboach,Golbat,Bronzor,Cleffa,Chrizard,Cherim,Roserade,Tentacool,Spoink
Nintales,a male Combee :(,Yanma,Beldum,and Duskull. I'm working on getting them all onto the same game as they are spread out through D/Pt/FR/ and SS. SS being my main Shiny Hatching game I'm moving them there.
I am currently Masuda Hatching for a shiny Kecleon.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Shiny PokeDex
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Shinies

Well, on mine, I got a Shiny:
-Suicune
-Entei
-Raiku
-Spinda
-Weedle-Beedrill

and that's pretty much all I got so far.

Back