The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 4th, 2011, 02:59 PM
tajio
Sugoi~!

Nature: Quiet
Defeated N at Nimbasa City and I am about to challenge Elesa (4th Gym leader!) But I got to do some more training and catch some pokemon with Ground and Rock type moves.

Old March 4th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Akeraz
Winning is Magic

Nature: Calm
Well, today has been quite busy, I guess.
Since my last Update, I've gotten to the second gym.

Not going to lie, the first gym gave me a few issues, Considering my team only consisted of my Smugleaf and Purrloin.

I've since caught a Tympole, and reached Castelia City.
Lenora wasn't so much hard as she was annoying. Watchogs have been getting the better of me so far.

Upon reaching Castelia City, I took the Liberty Pass I downloaded and headed to Liberty Garden, to catch a Victini, which I added to my team.

So my team currently consists of:-
Smugleaf (Servine) - Lv22
Sheva (Liepard) - Lv22
Jizz (Tympole) - Lv21
Vendetta (Victini) - Lv15

I'll have to train Victini some before I face the third gym.

"It's like I'm watching you fly through a window"
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Currently training to battle the 4th Gym Leader, and I was unsure wheather to keep Purrlion, but once she evolved to Liepard she gets much tougher and stronger.. anyway my team is currently

Bliztle (F) - Level 24
Mushrana (F) - Level 25
Pignite (M) - Level 24
Liepard (F) - Level 24

I plan the last 2 spots to goto Vanilluxe & Swanna

Team αlpha
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Just defeated Lenora, she wasn't too difficult to beat. I had a Timburr which helped so much. I was worried when I caught Timburr at first it wasn't making much of an impact in battles...but after leveling it up a bit it really came into it's own after learning wake up slap.

It's funny others seem to stress out about the normal type gyms but they don't usually bother me a whole lot.

I did get beaten by N outside Nacrene Gym the first time though, I wasn't really expecting it.

Current team:

Dewott (M) Lv 20
Timburr (F) Lv 21
Herdier (M) Lv 17

Herdier is a bit behind because I'm not sure whether I want to keep him around long term...

Also, Audino is a godsend. All that lovely exp just waiting to be taken. :3

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; March 4th, 2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Derezzed
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Sassy
I've just played for hours, so I feel slightly dazed now as I'm coming back to reality.

I've completed five badges, about to enter Chargestone Cave.

Team is around level 29/30/31, composed of:

Old March 5th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

Got through the Second gym quite luckily because of a string of misses and critical hits. Now at liberty tower garden ready to capture Victini.

Hershey Lv. 21

Work Up
Tackle
Take Down
Bite

Eon Lv. 21

Tackle
Tail Whip
Razor Shell
Grass Knot

Musculur Lv. 23

Leer
Wake-Up Slap
Rock Throw
Low Kick

Blitzle Lv. 11

Quick Attack
Tail Whip
Charge
Shock Wave

I don't have the motivation to train Blitzle, so she will be replaced with another Electric-type later on. Same with derp (which I have already gotten rid of), so I need 3 more Pokemon now to fill in my team, not including Victini which I am guaranteed to obtain.

| TuMbLr [X] | ReViEwBlOg [X] |

Last edited by Azure Rathalδs; March 5th, 2011 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Font change and centering
Old March 5th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Rensider
Do as the Snamor do.

Challenging the fifth gym right now.

My current team:

Panpour(M) Lv 32
Zoroark (F) Lv 27
Pignite (M) Lv 34
Unfezant (M) Lv 32
Pansage (M) Lv 12

Pansage is behind because i'm just using him as my cut slave.
BTW I love the music in Drifveil City! Spent 20 minutes just listening to it.
Old March 5th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Horizon
The wanderer.
Community Supporter

Well, having recieved my game on Thursday, I am currently in Mistralton City, having been to the top of Celestial Tower and about to challenge Skyla.

Samurott Lv. 40
Zebstrika Lv. 40
Unfezant Lv. 40
Cinccino Lv. 40
Ferrothorn Lv. 40
'I see you standing there as if on a distant horizon, I reach out and our hands touch'
Ex-D/P/P Moderator ~ FC: 1547-5175-5150
Old March 5th, 2011, 03:19 AM
The Fourteenth Doctor
The little... Daleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
Only started playing my pokemon black which arrived yesterday, I'm up to pinwheel forest so far with 2 badges, I'm training my team a little bit before I go on through the forest, I also just got the Liberty Ticket

My team;

Pignite Lv21
Tympole Lv20
Pansage Lv20
Pidove Lv19
Big update since I last posted, I'm up to Driftveil City so far and have just entered the cold storage, I also caught Vicinity (couldn't remember how to spell it lol), I caught a Gothita on the way to Driftveil City and caught an Emolga in route 7 (Emolga has replaced Tranquill as my flying pokemon).

Team:

Pignite Lv29
Paplatoad Lv27
Simisage Lv28
Gothita Lv28
Emolga Lv27

I also have a Lv15 Audino that gets used occasionally when my main team faints.

John Hurt:What I did, I did without choice

11th Doctor: I know

John Hurt: in the name of peace and sanity

11th Doctor: But not in the name of the Doctor

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old March 5th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

As a long-time player of the pokemon games, I have to say that before Black and White, I have become more and more disenchanted by the newer pokemon games. The second generation was probably my favourite out of them all prior to generation 5. I found generation 3 bearable but nothing fancy, and generation 4 to be a real disappointment. It never grew on me, despite others convincing me that it would eventually! It was the only generation that I never actually got as far as completing the pokemon league on, because I just got bored too quickly.

Now, I have just received White in the mail and I must say... I'm pleasantly surprised. It does feel like a fresh start and has a very different style from the older games. The graphics and artwork definitely shows more effort than generation 4, as well as the storyline. The characters seem to have a lot more depth too. I remember in generation 4, I could never remember who was who or what the names of towns and cities were simply because I didn't feel like they had enough feeling behind them to really stay in my memory. It didn't interest me. However, they're really improved on that in Black and White. By the way, I love the map artwork!

I decided to choose the oshawott and named it Ottah, level 8. I have also captured a male lillipup called Scotty (now level 6) and a female patrat called Patty (level 5). I doubt these will be my final team members but I'm working with them for now, and they certainly seem far more appealing than generation 4's early route pokemon.

So far I'm exploring Accumula Town, after having just seen Team Plasma. Will update with progress later.

Last edited by Beechlgz; March 5th, 2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old March 5th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Sora's Nobody
The Official Roxas

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sora's Nobody
Just started, currently trying to catch as many pokemon as possible on route 1. The games seems okay, but i was probably bothered by the stinking hot train i was starting to play the game on.

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:

Old March 5th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

So... well it gets from good to better.

AI is improved - other trainers are harder to beat than in previous games for their levels. Downside being that if you're not very strategic (like myself) you need to grind quite a bit more. There are more frequent updates of the storyline, it's not as much running around just grinding and battling. I like how when pokemon fall asleep now their eyes shut!

So, I beat the first gym leader - much harder than I'd thought it would be - and I'm now in Route 3. Now I'm starting to split my pokemon up between party pokemon and pokemon that I'm not particularly going to use.

Using:

Oshawott - Ottah lvl 15 M - WATER
Lillipup - Scotty lvl 12 M - NORMAL
Blitzle - Zeb lvl 8 - ELECTRIC
Old March 5th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Sleet
Forum Lurker

Nature: Relaxed
English Version of White just dropped through my door.

Nicknamed my Oshawott "Shawty" cause' I'm that sad.

Red Crystal Ruby Diamond White
Old March 5th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Roughsponge
Phenominal.

Nature: Quirky
Agreed that the AI has improved! Battling random trainers is a bit trickier and I love it

Started the game like 2-3 hours ago, and just about to face the first gym leader with Oshawott, Lillipup & Pansear (who I might drop after due to him being so hard to train).
Old March 5th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Rensider
Do as the Snamor do.

Just beat Cheren and got HM03. Now to go to Mistralton Cave to catch myself an Axew. Hopefully Driftveil's music won't distract me again.

My current team:

Unfezant (M) Lv 39
Panpour (M) Lv 38
Emboar (M) Lv 40
Zoroark (F) Lv 40
Pansage (M) Lv 12

I think i'm starting to see why some people like N so much.
Old March 5th, 2011, 08:17 AM
~Wind~
Mostly inactive.

Ugh.
I'm gonna start this where I currently am.

Dewott Lv.27

Item: Mystic Water
Fury Cutter.
Razor Shell.
Water Pulse.
Focus Energy.

Sawk Lv.21

Item: None
Retaliate.
Bide.
Low Sweep.
Double Kick.

Herdier Lv.20

Tackle.
Bite.
Take Down.
Leer.

Sandile Lv.17

Sand-Attack.
Torment.
Sand Tomb.
Assurance.

Pidove Lv.16

Item: Quick Claw
Gust.
Air Cutter.
Leer.
Quick Attack.

Pansear Lv.16

Item: Eviolite
Scratch.
Cut.
Lick.
Incinerate.

Defeated Gym Leader Burgh!

Obtained Insect badge!
Healed Pokemon.
Defeated Bianca in Route 4 Gate!
Defeated Cheren on Route 4!
Received Xtransceiver call from Professor Juniper.
Travelled Route 4.
Obtained Ultra Balls from Professor Juniper!
Entered Nimbasa city!
Defeated Team Plasma Grunt!
Obtained Bicycle!
Used Ferris wheel with N.
*spoiler*
Spoiler:
N revealed himself as Team Plasma's leader!!

*spoiler end*
Defeated N!
Obtained Props case!
Dressed up Pokemon with Bianca!
Competed in Pokemon Musical 3 times!
Obtained new prop!
Competed in Pokemon Musical 2 times!

Still playing, so wait for updates!
Old March 5th, 2011, 09:01 AM
The Fourteenth Doctor
The little... Daleks

Defeated Clay at the Driftveil gym and headed for Chargestone cave, Bianca gave me HM02 Fly, I had planned to teach fly to Emolga but I found it can't learn fly so I've replaced Emolga with a Joltik which I caught in Chargestone cave, I'll be catching a Vullaby as soon as I get a chance (Dark/Flying) which will also cover the empty spot on my team (I was planning to add a dark type anyway), I'm just making my way through Chargestone cave battling Plasma grunts.

Team:

Pignite Lv31
Palpitoad Lv31
Simisage Lv31
Joltik Lv31
Gothita Lv31

I was also given a lucky egg by Professor Juniper which has come in handy for training Joltik from Lv25, I'll probably swap it between all of my team so that everyone gains from it, I'm planning to get my team to about Lv35-37 before I go to the next gym

John Hurt:What I did, I did without choice

11th Doctor: I know

John Hurt: in the name of peace and sanity

11th Doctor: But not in the name of the Doctor

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old March 5th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Kon~
Follow your dream to the end ~

Nature: Hasty
My name is Exalts and yesterday I began my journey alongside my childhood friends Cheren and Bianca.

It all started when a local professor, Prof. Juniper, came and dropped off a parcel at my house. We were all excited because we knew it was a Pokémon for each of us! I picked the grass-type, Snivy, and gave him a name, Tempo. Then we set out. On my way to Accumula, I captured a Purrloin and named him Marik, and then I met N.

N was stood alongside us, as we watched a bunch of wierdos named Team Plasma make a speech about Pokémon liberation. I had to admit that their words held some truth. N spoke to me and Cheren and then we battled. I wasn't too sure as I hadn't battled a lot, except against my friends, so I was happy to win, but N didn't hang around. I was a little upset as he had seemed nice.

Cheren told me to go and challenge the first gym. It was over in Striaton, so I made my way there. After investigating the area, a strange person offered me a Pokémon and I felt bad that the poor thing existed only to be given away, so I accepted the Panpour and named him Pendant, giving him a place in my team. With Tempo, Marik and Pendant by my side, I sailed through the first gym, defeating Chili easily, and earned the Trio Badge!

Then I met with Fennel, Prof. Juniper's friend. She sent me to find the Pokémon Munna, so I went into the Dreamyard. Bianca was already there, but as we found the Munna, Team Plasma attacked. I managed to hold them off long enough for Munna's friend Musharna to create a dream that would scare them away. We took the Dream Mist back to Fennel and I moved on to route three.

After a little training, Bianca and Cheren showed up. It turns out Plasma had struck again, this time stealing someone's Pokémon. Cheren and I confronted them and returned the Pokémon and then I moved on. I caught two new Pokémon: a Pidove, who I named Fawke, and a Blitzle I called Comet.

My team kept getting stronger and stronger as I made my way through the route and finally hit Nacrene City! It was very late by then, so I checked into the Pokémon Center for the night and hit the hay.

In the morning, after a little training, I met N at the entrance to the gym. We talked and battled, and he said maybe we could be friends, which made me happy, but he also said something about a Pokémon named Reshiram? I didn't know what he was talking about so he left, and then I went into the Gym. There was a museum in the front with a number of Pokémon fossils and even a meteorite, and the curator informed me that the gym was at the back, so I went through and found the leader, Lenora. It was a tough battle but I managed to scrape through at the end and won the Basic Badge.

However, Team Plasma turned up again, and this time, they had the nerve to steal an ancient fossil right from under Lenora's nose! Me and Burgh, a Gym Leader from Castelia Town, chased the goons through Pinwheel Forest, eventually managing to defeat the wrong-doers and take back the precious fossil. Just as I won the battle against the group's leader, Tempo, my dear Snivy, began to glow strangely... there was a burst of light and he had grown bigger and looked stronger. He had evolved into a Servine!

After giving the fossil back to Lenora, I moved on, heading for Castelia. Skyarrow Bridge was wonderful, giving me views I'd never seen before and ushering me through to Castelia City. It's there that I stand now, ready to view the city and preparing for battle against Burgh!

Spoiler:
So yeah, I bought White yesterday! :D
I love it, it's so fun but I feel like the learning curve is really steep D:

Highlights of my gameplay so far:
Meeting N (I love him. Seriously.)
My Blitzle learning Flame Charge - WOOHOO
This one time when my Purrloin was on the verge of death, I used Assist and it picked Flame Charge and won... did I mention that this was against Lenora's second Pokémon and everyone else in my team was one hit from fainting? ;D

I like writing in character, so I think I'll frequent the Travel Journal regularly with updates to Exalts' story!

"You want to look up at the sky and always see the stars." ~ Things You Remember
~~
~~
Old March 5th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I've just got the game today and so far have beat the first gym leader and I am looking for a Drilbur in Wellspring Cave. I have also raised my Pignite (Bacon) to level 19.

Planned Team
Emboar (Bacon)
Jellicient (Squishy)
Whimsicott
Gothilette (Umbra)
Excadrill (Monty/Molly depending on gender)
Hydreigon

Check out the new thread soon!

Old March 5th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
May as well boogy down with you cool kids.

I've spent 2 hours on this game and I'm only at Wellspring cave! >:
I'm looking for good natures ;; Bold Pignite so far ;; and I'm looking for a Timid/Modest Woobat.

So my team...;

Pignite Lv20
- Arm Thrust.
- Ember
- Tail Whip
- Flame Charge.

Pansage Lv10
- Cut
- Scratch
- Leer
- Vine Whip.

I'll add sprites when I cba. ;;
Old March 5th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Rensider
Do as the Snamor do.

Got my Axew and the Jet Badge is now my favourite badge. I also got two Cubchoos in Twist Mountain. Beat the seventh gym and am currently making my way through Dragonspiral Tower.

My current team:

Emboar (M) Lv 42
Zoroark (F) Lv 42
Unfezant (M) Lv 42
Simipour (M) Lv 43
Fraxure (F) Lv 39
Watchdog (M) Lv 27

Brycen was kind of a push over. Took out all his Pokémon with Unfezant. I bought about 64 Pokéballs as well.
Old March 5th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Got my Pokemon White today :D
Currently at Nacrene city, and so far it's my favourite Pokemon game. I'm a little under-leveled though, so I'll have to fix that xD

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old March 5th, 2011, 01:27 PM
SquirtleGirl
Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..

Nature: Brave
Got my Pokémon Black today in Gamestop.
Pokémon B/W came out on my Birthday yesterday so I feel pretty awesome about it :D

Picked Snivy. I liked the opening battles, they livened up the monotonous first part of the game where they slowly explain what a Pokémon centre is, even though I've been playing these games for ten years >.>
Ive just obtained my first gym badge and encountered Team Plasma in the Dreamyard. Conemplating whether Panpour worth keeping because there's other good water types in the game... o.o

My team:

Snivy Lvl. 13

Panpour Lvl. 11

Purrloin Lvl. 11

In progress
:
Water Monotype Challenge: Pokémon Diamond

"Only three things are infinite, the universe, human stupidity...and the number of Zubats in Dark Cave"

Old March 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
I've just got the game today and so far have beat the first gym leader and I am looking for a Drilbur in Wellspring Cave. I have also raised my Pignite (Bacon) to level 19.

Planned Team
Emboar (Bacon)
Jellicient (Squishy)
Whimsicott
Gothilette (Umbra)
Excadrill (Monty/Molly depending on gender)
Hydreigon
Instead of Gothilette, I'm having the zebra because it *looks* awesome and I had no Pokemon that were strong against flying types.

Anyway, I've got to the city with the normal type gym. I caught a Drilbur, although it's female but I can work with that. i should be trying to get good-natured Pokemon but I cba. That's probably why my team keeps fainting (well, except Pignite.) The zebra and mole are pretty useless atm. Drilbur just learnt Dig, so it should be a bit better.

Check out the new thread soon!

Old March 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Kon~
Follow your dream to the end ~

Nature: Hasty
We spent a while looking around Castelia City - it really is a beautiful place. I met Cheren outside the gym and we chatted, and I helped a band of dancers unite in front of the fountain. Castelia was certainly a busy place, with lots of people running around. One of the boats accepted my Liberty Pass and offered to take me to the Liberty Garden, but I decided I wanted to battle Burgh before that happened.

However, things soon took a turn for the worst and it ended up being because of Team Plasma - AGAIN! It turned out they'd gone after a Munna again, but instead of abducting one from the wild, they stole Bianca's! Burgh and a trainer named Iris helped me battle against them, and at the end of the battle, something strange happened to my Purrloin. It began to glow and shine, like Tempo did before he evolved, and sure enough, Marik became a Liepard! He's so pretty, I just want to hug him!

Inside the Plasma base, Ghetsis, who had spoken before in Accumula Town, told us about his aim to make Pokémon free, just like the creation legend with the white Dragon. Iris knew something about the white Dragon too, but before I could work anything out, Team Plasma left.

I checked the building to see if N was hanging around, but he was nowhere to be seen. D:
I miss him. :(

I checked out the gym but Burgh looked really strong, so after a little more sightseeing, I went back to the forest to do some training. If I get strong enough while training, we'll take on Burgh tonight, but I might try again in the morning. After all, we already got one badge today. I'm sure we can wait a night to earn another!

Spoiler:
What? I said I love N. Don't look at me like that. >.>

Key events:
Marik evolved! Liepard is so purty ♥
My love of N becomes stalker-ish.
I now have access to Liberty Garden
Burgh is too strong. Good job I saved before battling so I could reset. >.<

"You want to look up at the sky and always see the stars." ~ Things You Remember
~~
~~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links