• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Finding rustling grass, or any of the other special tiles, is random. So you're just going to have to be patient and keep searching. So far, there's no secret to finding the rustling grass (except for having your first Badge).

Cripes, I was beaten horribly.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
erm, how do you encounter shaking grass?
I know what it does but how do you find them?
'Cause I'm searching for Audinos to grind on. :P

To amend to this, is there anything visible that shows up? I mean, do you just hear the grass rustle or is there a visible sign as well? I've already ran into an Audino but I really wasn't paying attention at all and so I didn't see anything. :<

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
The grass actually looks like its rustling. Like half of it is standing up and dancing around. It is noticeable if you look for it, so you don't need to listen for the noise. Just watch the grass for any tiles that seem to "dance". I find it to be easily seen.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Before you link to a user-created, potentially factually-inaccurate wiki, I should say that I don't believe that's true. I've transferred a Suicune, Entei and Raikou via the PokéShifter in the Japanese games and it certainly didn't jeopardise my ability to find Zoroark.
Yikes, sorry about that, but I could have sworn I also heard that on Serebii, which is a bit more credible than a Wiki.

TheUnown

Super Lurker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
I'm still a bit confused, but am I able to download the Victini Event with a wireless WPA internet and a DSi? Doesn't seem like it's working for me D:

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
i want to no the most eefficent way to train my pokemon without them losing any points or w/e

i kind of no how ev's work, but i am not quite sure
but if i traded pokemon with a friend and we traded back, i would get boosted xp, but how would that affect the pokemons stats? could i stilll use him in duels, battles, wifi battles, etc...? and how can i raise the strongest pokemon
please try and explain to me in detail, thanks so much

JAde

thats not how it works traded pokemons only get boosted exp if they have a different trainer Id then your own trading to a friend and back does nothing for exp boost

Years
OK... maybe this is in the wrong place, but I've read that the Australian version is region free. I'd LIKE to get the American version, but does anyone know if it's region free or not?

EDIT: I have a Japanese DSi

Nukez

Goddess of Zorua
Years
Pokemon breeding in black and white.

I dont wanna wait until i get national to transfer my ditto over so is their a way to breed male starters with a certain pokemon and get the egg to be the starter? If anyone knows would be very helpful thanks

Years
If you breed male starters with a different Pokémon the eggs will turn out to be the different Pokémon (the one hatching is the same one as the female). You'll need to find someone who trades you a Ditto...

Nukez

Goddess of Zorua
Years
i have a ditto but can i put it in white using my other DS and HG without national?

Years
  • Age 14
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Someone please tell me that it isn't true that you can't rebattle Gym Leaders and the Elite Four. D:

Also, what does the woman in the trailer on Route 5 want to buy from you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back