The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 6th, 2011, 06:51 PM
jadef7
Beginning Trainer

i want to no the most eefficent way to train my pokemon without them losing any points or w/e

i kind of no how ev's work, but i am not quite sure
but if i traded pokemon with a friend and we traded back, i would get boosted xp, but how would that affect the pokemons stats? could i stilll use him in duels, battles, wifi battles, etc...? and how can i raise the strongest pokemon
please try and explain to me in detail, thanks so much

JAde
Old March 6th, 2011, 06:56 PM
adhdguitar
Newbie Pokémon Hacker

Nature: Adamant
Exactly how rare is the shaking grass supposed to be, cause I can't seem to encounter it that much at all.

Yellow: Complete
Crystal:
Complete
Sapphire: Not Started
Cherrim: Not Started
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Dispiacere
The Shama Llama

So me being the smart person that I am, thought for a couple hours that march was the 5th month. I was surprised when I started my game and it was spring, but I didn't even think i got the date wrong til I played for a while. I changed the date to the proper time(i want to play 100% fairly, and that means waiting for the seasons to change) but when I started the game up I still was greated with "Spring". why isn't it changing season?

**Went into a building, thanks**

Last edited by Dispiacere; March 6th, 2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: got my answer
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:12 PM
wild salamence
expierienced trainer

A traded pokemon won't have different stats than if it weren't traded once it has all 510 evs (especially if it's ev trained). However because of the boost in expierience after battles it requires fewer battles to level up, so it might gain its evs across more levels. That difference would be minimal and it will end up with the same stats.

To make a pokemon as strong as possible it needs to have the right nature and max ivs the right stats and a good ev distribution.
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispiacere View Post
So me being the smart person that I am, thought for a couple hours that march was the 5th month. I was surprised when I started my game and it was spring, but I didn't even think i got the date wrong til I played for a while. I changed the date to the proper time(i want to play 100% fairly, and that means waiting for the seasons to change) but when I started the game up I still was greated with "Spring". why isn't it changing season?
Merged with simple questions. Wait either 24 hours or go inside a building (forgot which one) and it should change. Unless it's something else completely.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

Nature: Lax
To clarify, so long as you're always outside or inside, the season doesn't change. So simply change between an outside area to an inside (go in a building) or the other way around and the season changes.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:54 PM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Is it appropriate for me asking about Dsi region lock here?
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:56 PM
adhdguitar
Newbie Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengar View Post
Is it appropriate for me asking about Dsi region lock here?
I would think so. As long as it's a relatively simple question and pertains to Pokemon Black or White, you should be fine.

Crystal:
Complete
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:59 PM
iMareth

When exactly is it a good time to transfer the Dog Trio and Celebi from Gamestop for the Zorua and Zoroark event in game?
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:59 PM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdguitar View Post
I would think so. As long as it's a relatively simple question and pertains to Pokemon Black or White, you should be fine.
Okay then. Can anyone please tell me about this Dsi Enhanced region lock?
Old March 6th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Griffinbane
FEAR THE PILOSWINE

Does anyone know of a pair of really good HM slaves? I'm thinking Skarmory and Bibarel, B/W version. (Cuz lyk...this spreading out HMs between entire party is gettin' annoyin'.)

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old March 6th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
How do we Trade and Battle wirelessly on Black and White? the only way I see to do it is with IR...

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old March 6th, 2011, 08:33 PM
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
I ordered pokemon black on a website that I have a credit account on, I'll get it shipped on the 28th, is there anything I'm going to regret not getting to do or lose sleep over?
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old March 6th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

I dunno yet, It doesn't seem like your able to battle or trade wirelessly...

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old March 6th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMareth View Post
When exactly is it a good time to transfer the Dog Trio and Celebi from Gamestop for the Zorua and Zoroark event in game?
Any time. Just activate the Relocator - see the FAQ for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengar View Post
Okay then. Can anyone please tell me about this Dsi Enhanced region lock?
If you have the English games, it doesn't concern you. If you're curious though, you can read the FAQ about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
Does anyone know of a pair of really good HM slaves? I'm thinking Skarmory and Bibarel, B/W version. (Cuz lyk...this spreading out HMs between entire party is gettin' annoyin'.)
If you need Fly, give someone Fly. The only mandatory HM is Cut, and you only need it once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Four Lucian View Post
How do we Trade and Battle wirelessly on Black and White? the only way I see to do it is with IR...
Beat the first gym and complete the "Dream Mist" quest by going to the topmost house in the east of Straiton City. You will then receive the Pal Pad and be able to use Wi-Fi. I'm not completely sure, but isn't Wireless enabled after you get the Pokédex? The Union Room is the leftmost door at the 2nd floor.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old March 6th, 2011, 09:32 PM
adhdguitar
Newbie Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMareth View Post
Whenever you want, but make sure NOT to use the Poketransfer, you HAVE to use Relocator or you're screwed, since you can't re-transfer your Pokemon.

Here's the details.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Relocator

Crystal:
Complete
Old March 6th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

Quote:
Whenever you want, but make sure NOT to use the Poketransfer, you HAVE to use Relocator or you're screwed, since you can't re-transfer your Pokemon.
Before you link to a user-created, potentially factually-inaccurate wiki, I should say that I don't believe that's true. I've transferred a Suicune, Entei and Raikou via the PokéShifter in the Japanese games and it certainly didn't jeopardise my ability to find Zoroark.

That's Our Switch.
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Rawrinism
Shandera'd

Nature: Jolly
erm, how do you encounter shaking grass?
I know what it does but how do you find them?
'Cause I'm searching for Audinos to grind on.
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

The patches of grass occur occasionally when you're wandering around in a route. You'll hear them rustle if they're nearby.

That's Our Switch.
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Finding rustling grass, or any of the other special tiles, is random. So you're just going to have to be patient and keep searching. So far, there's no secret to finding the rustling grass (except for having your first Badge).

Cripes, I was beaten horribly.
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrinism View Post
erm, how do you encounter shaking grass?
I know what it does but how do you find them?
'Cause I'm searching for Audinos to grind on. :P
To amend to this, is there anything visible that shows up? I mean, do you just hear the grass rustle or is there a visible sign as well? I've already ran into an Audino but I really wasn't paying attention at all and so I didn't see anything. :<
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Team Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
To amend to this, is there anything visible that shows up? I mean, do you just hear the grass rustle or is there a visible sign as well? I've already ran into an Audino but I really wasn't paying attention at all and so I didn't see anything. :<
Yes. You can physically see the grass shake. It can also happen in caves via little dust clouds, on the water as bubbles, or on bridges as grey dots.

Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆

Old March 6th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

The grass actually looks like its rustling. Like half of it is standing up and dancing around. It is noticeable if you look for it, so you don't need to listen for the noise. Just watch the grass for any tiles that seem to "dance". I find it to be easily seen.
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:44 PM
adhdguitar
Newbie Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
Before you link to a user-created, potentially factually-inaccurate wiki, I should say that I don't believe that's true. I've transferred a Suicune, Entei and Raikou via the PokéShifter in the Japanese games and it certainly didn't jeopardise my ability to find Zoroark.
Yikes, sorry about that, but I could have sworn I also heard that on Serebii, which is a bit more credible than a Wiki.

Crystal:
Complete
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Sora's Nobody
The Official Roxas

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sora's Nobody
Quote:
Exactly how rare is the shaking grass supposed to be, cause I can't seem to encounter it that much at all.
I don't know any percentage for the odds, but i seem to be able to find atleast one everytime, aslong as i wait long enough.

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links