• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzy

// Friendship >> Chuck Norris
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2011
Every laberinth they have, but now I figured out that I could just find videos about it so wil be easier do them. So yep. Used to hate them, now I just dislike them.

BrainChord

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2011
That rival battle in silph co.
I read a guide and memorized silph co's base, but the rival battle was just rediculous.
Even today it takes me ten minutes to defeat him
When superspeeding

Chatot Lover

happy
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
I never liked going through the Rock Tunnel. Back then, I never knew how to get Flash so I always ran around through that pitch-black tunnel and made it out 3 hours later.
At least, I now know the way by heart and don't need Flash anymore :D
However, I also found the foes extremely hard. Especially with Charmander. But I even had problems witch Squirtle and Bulbasaur so I usually hated going through it.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
Nothing really~
Back in the day, I had a guide. A very odd guide, for how it was written (Not published by Nintendo), and that it had a cow-like Fakemon on the front with some strange girl.. I wonder if i could find that guide someone where on the internet. :/ But yeah, it taught me everything I need to know~ Wouldn't of gotten through Sliph Co. without it! XD

But I guess if something did annoy me, it was Sabrina's Gym. Annoying puzzle, plus her Pokemon were insanely strong.

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
All the caves, safari zone, but also going through the whole of the Pokemon Tower right up to the Marowak without a Silph Scope, especially with the freaky music. I hated it then, but I kinda like it now. The GS remix is awesome. Oh, and that last guy in Viridian Forest thats impossible to avoid, and when I played it back then I didn't know about Antidote so half my Pokes' would be dead!

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
When I first played through Red Version, I hated Mt. Moon. I don't know why I found it so difficult, but I lost against the Hiker standing in front of the correct ladder/staircase to move on, and then I was convinced there was no way through (it didn't occur to me to go back and try again). I actually restarted my initial save because of that, thinking that I was supposed to go to the Hall of Fame entrance and not wanting to backtrack.

I also have always found the Hall of Fame entrance annoying. Sticking a large building that you can't get through right at the beginning of the game isn't a nice thing to do to young kids. Additionally, the first guard's dialogue about needing a badge was misleading when I first played through, as I thought that the entire path would open up as soon as I got the BoulderBadge (only to discover that I needed yet another badge after getting past the first guard...).

I also disliked the Seafoam Islands. I saved in the middle and got stuck in them the first time I tried to go through them (didn't bring the right HM users), and attempted to stumble around in circles using up all of my PP until I Struggled myself to death. I fortunately found the exit in the meantime, but the whole experience was not fun. I supposed I learned two things from it, though: (1) never enter a cave without an Escape Rope and (2) never save in the middle of a cave unless you know how to get to the exit.

Fortunately, none of these things are particularly annoying anymore, but as an eight-year-old or so, I found them very frustrating.

hackerofdarkness

I have return
Years
Simply the elite four pwning me on my first 6 trys I mean what the heck I'm being pwned by people like my grandmother no offense people.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
Snorlax

Always ALWAYS in the way for our great adventure! Man, wasted a big part of my life until i found the Flute (was like 6-7, couldn't read and definitely couldn't english since i am a swede) so it took me weeks until i found Giovanni and the Silph Scope.

SS Anne was hard, didn't knew that i could heal myself -.-
Rock Tunnel cause i didn't use flash in it, even tough i had flash

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2014
Probably the part in Mt. moon. Going through the caves while battling Team Rocket was boring.

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2011
The caves really annoyed me, especially Mt. Moon & the one on Victory Road.

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2011
Rock Tunnel
I spent 2 weeks in that stupid cave on my acctual GBA, and a week with my VBA.

I didnt have flash, and I always ran into stupid geodudes, and I got my Squirtle from level 12, to level 34 within the two weeks, fighting stupid geodudes. After a few days, I just gave up on running, and fought. The next gyms were easier :3

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Ok, Rock Tunnel. I hate it. Also, what's everyone so confuzzled about Rocket Hideout and Silph Co.? It was hella easy the 1s time running through. OK, I admit the elevator was a bit annoying to find out how to work the elevator in Rocket.

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
Years
I don't remember ever having much trouble with Rock Tunnel, or Mount Moon, but my lord, did I hate Victory Road and the Seafoam Islands.
I love the Safari Zone, but to this day, I still hate just HOW difficult it is to get Chansey, Tauros, and your bug of choice...

Years
When I first played R/B/Y [it was Red, I think], I found Seafoam Islands incredibly difficult for some reason. I don't even recall why, but I just remember it being frustrating. Victory Road was annoying, too. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back