The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 10th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Kratosx
Flareon Master

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuVrDiSC View Post
that is SOOO stupid i have to beat the E4 to transfer my pokemon. what if you want to use your pokemon from SoulSilver to play through pokemon Black? that is laaame. ill just stick with soulsilver then
Gamefreak Did say that they made black and white like the older generations never existed thats why yo wont see any old ones until after E4

Currently doings:

Breeding for Shinys

My friend safari pokemons: Shuppet, Pumkaboo, Drifblim

my 3DS FC is:
0216-2224-5730
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:04 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Where in Castelia do you get the evoilite? I know you get it from a scientist...but I forgot where he's at...
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Ascaris
boogey

Nature: Quirky
in the battles i cant seem to use a move. when i press a move it takes me to a description of the move instead of executing the move. it's the same problem i had when i downloaded a japanese rom a few months ago, and now im stuck in the very first battle because the game is refusing to actually let me battle. is this some sort of predominant glitch or am i doing it wrong somehow?
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Nameless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Where in Castelia do you get the evoilite? I know you get it from a scientist...but I forgot where he's at...
Go to the fountain area in Castelia and head up the path.
The second building on the right has the scientist you're looking for. :3

Last edited by Nameless.; March 10th, 2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Woops, wrong building lol
Old March 10th, 2011, 09:00 AM
AyameHikaru
Beauty Queen

Nature: Impish
Has anyone tested Synchronize in BW? I think it works now even if it's not the front Pokemon in your party. I caught a Timid Synchronize Munna yesterday, and since then (with it not out front) I've caught 11 Pokemon, 5 of which were Timid. I know for a fact that I had Dewott out front for those battles, so by the old rules Synchronize shouldn't have done anything.
Ultimate Fire Type Challenge: Johto, 10 Badges
Lyrics Challenge: Kanto, 1 Badge
Nuzlocke Challenge: Kanto, 0 Badges
Monochrome Challenge: Hoenn, 5 Badges
Old March 10th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyameHikaru View Post
Has anyone tested Synchronize in BW? I think it works now even if it's not the front Pokemon in your party. I caught a Timid Synchronize Munna yesterday, and since then (with it not out front) I've caught 11 Pokemon, 5 of which were Timid. I know for a fact that I had Dewott out front for those battles, so by the old rules Synchronize shouldn't have done anything.
Well that may of been just amazing luck, or you could be right and it works differently, :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaris View Post
in the battles i cant seem to use a move. when i press a move it takes me to a description of the move instead of executing the move. it's the same problem i had when i downloaded a japanese rom a few months ago, and now im stuck in the very first battle because the game is refusing to actually let me battle. is this some sort of predominant glitch or am i doing it wrong somehow?
That's ROM's for you :/ Totally unpredictable, especially B/W roms since they've been tinkered with so many times they probably will crash or glitch.

To answer your question it's a ROM Glitch.
Old March 10th, 2011, 02:06 PM
peteed

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to peteed
so no way to get ditto before the elite 4? if so its makes it hard or impossible to breed before that point.

I got a male of the grass starter every time I tried and since female passes species this means I can't breed grass starters with a ditto till after the elite 4.

Was kinda relying on breeding a few grass starters to trade on here for the other 2 starters >_<

3DS FC: 2449-4891-9980
Old March 10th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Mason69
Sleeping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteed View Post
so no way to get ditto before the elite 4? if so its makes it hard or impossible to breed before that point.

I got a male of the grass starter every time I tried and since female passes species this means I can't breed grass starters with a ditto till after the elite 4.

Was kinda relying on breeding a few grass starters to trade on here for the other 2 starters >_<
If someone already has a ditto on a pokémon white/black then probably you can trade it with that someone before the elite 4.

My Shop
FC: 3797 7955 8652
IGN: Samuel
If we have a pending trade and I didn't say anything please remember me, since I have a lot going on I forget sometimes.

Old March 10th, 2011, 03:49 PM
LordDarkrai
Gamer

Nature: Timid
For the Global Battle Union, could it be possible to use an Dragonite from Soulsilver that knows Superpower?
Old March 10th, 2011, 04:03 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless. View Post
Go to the fountain area in Castelia and head up the path.
The second building on the right has the scientist you're looking for. :3
Thanks for the help now ^-^
Oh yeah does anybody know where to find the HM surf?
Old March 10th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Papii
Unhatched Egg

Can some one please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm currently trying to EV train my blastoise on my Pokemon White version. He's holding a power weight and also has Pokerus and I also gave him 5 HP ups. The problem is that I've already faught about 40 stunfisks and he's only gaining +5 HP.. Help? He's not hacked or anything, I've had him since a level 1 Squirtle.
Old March 10th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Quote:
When you do a WiFi battle, how do you get it so that it rounds the levels up or down to 50 or 100?
still need this answered.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old March 10th, 2011, 06:58 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Nature: Relaxed
Where can you find Luxury balls? I've only just reached Castellia city.

Old March 10th, 2011, 07:00 PM
2Blue4u
Red Doesn't Come Close

Nature: Quiet
It used to be that you could save in front of the Day Care Center man, and when you got the right gender with the right nature, you could reset for good IV's.
Has that changed? I'm starting to get annoyed...
Old March 10th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéSwimmer View Post
Where can you find Luxury balls? I've only just reached Castellia city.
You can only purchase them at Undella Town and the Pokemon League. You can also get them at Black City. Not many places :(
Old March 10th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavile05 View Post
still need this answered.
I'll answer that for ya.

Unfortunately for this generation, there are no more Auto LV 100 battles. The only choices are to battle with the levels your Pokémon really are, or "flat battles" where the Pokémon all become LV 50. However, I believe if your Pokémon are below LV 50 then they stay within their levels and do not raise up to the Auto Level 50.

In my personal opinion, it all sucks. XD

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old March 10th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
Are there still certain Pokemon that only appear a night, or have increased / decreased rates of appearance at certain times of day?
Old March 10th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Dispiacere
The Shama Llama

during the GTS negotion, if i put a pokemon up to show, how to I remove it without ending the entire trade
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:19 PM
CptSwaggerPants
Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to CptSwaggerPants
Got a few small questions looming in the back of my mind here:

Is there anyway other than beating the Elite Four to unlock wallpapers or...that is all that I get?

And I kind of traded all my event dogs to Heartgold and it transfered all of them at once, I don't guess I can trade the dogs to a Black or White and still do the event, can I?

Skuntank Pro

Almost always online. X/Y FC: 0189 9159 0185

LF: Arceus 5/6 IV or shiny Giratina Adamant 5/6IV.
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Another question: EXP Share seems to have changed. Instead of giving 1/2 and 1/2 EXP, it's giving about 1/4 more than it should to Emolga.

Noting it's not sent out into battle. I'm killing everything with Audino, who's first in the party. Emolga hasn't battled once.

Is this normal? If I remember correctly, even P/D/Pt was 1/2 and 1/2 split, unless the Pokemon is sent out - then it's 1/4 and 3/4 split (in favour of the sent-out EXP Share Pokemon).

:s?
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Christopher
Hear Me Roar
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I imagine that is the level difference Exp thing they implemented this gen
I.E Emolga is a lower level then the Audino's . correct.?
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Erufuun
apple bunny lover <3

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Erufuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
Another question: EXP Share seems to have changed. Instead of giving 1/2 and 1/2 EXP, it's giving about 1/4 more than it should to Emolga.

Noting it's not sent out into battle. I'm killing everything with Audino, who's first in the party. Emolga hasn't battled once.

Is this normal? If I remember correctly, even P/D/Pt was 1/2 and 1/2 split, unless the Pokemon is sent out - then it's 1/4 and 3/4 split (in favour of the sent-out EXP Share Pokemon).

:s?
I'll explain it to you~
It is a new experience system introduced this generation. It works likes a fraction. Lets say you your Pokemon at level 10 beats a level 15 Pokemon, and you received 200 Experience. Though, the experience you get changes with a fraction based off the levels. 15(Their level)/10(Your level)=3/2=1.5. This means the experience you get is multiplied by 1.5, so you get 300 instead. But this also works the other way around, say if you are higher. 10/15=2/3=.66. Instead of receiving, oh, 150, you would only get 100 Experience.

And yeah, this also applies to EXP. Share, so very handy for training low levels! :3 This, however, does make it harder to grind at very high levels...

Old March 10th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Oh, okay *.* Thanks for explaining.

Another question: Where can I get a Shiny Stone in Black? I caught a Cinccino, but its Nature sucks, so I'm thinking of getting a Minccino and evolving it.
Old March 11th, 2011, 12:24 AM
X Latios

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post

Thanks for the help now ^-^
Oh yeah does anybody know where to find the HM surf?
You get it from Alder on Twist Mountain.

Use Soul Silver unless otherwise stated
Old March 11th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erufuun View Post
I just wanna ask everyone this question, is Pokemon Black and/or white giving your DS a very hard time battery life wise?
I always have the sound turned off, the screens dim, and even the C-gear off, and my DS goes red within a few hours!! This like never happened before.
Is it just me? Am I maybe just playing the game too much? (If there is such a thing) Or does Black and White take up more of your DS's energy for the rest of you?
I don't have this issue. I have C-Gear off, have done some GTS trades, and have the light on the lowest setting. I've managed to play today for ~12h and the battery hasn't turned red yet. Sound's on maximum, too.

Not sure what this could be? Maybe you need to replace the battery due to long-term health. After a while, recharging doesn't work as well as when you first bought the DS, and the battery itself needs to be replaced to bring it back to standard life.

Just an idea.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here