• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen What did you nickname your pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Cobalt the Samurott... shade of blue
Sydney the Excadrill... just made sense at the time
Jello the Reuniclus... lol
Chewstar aka "Chew Star" the Emolga... dumb inside joke
Luna the Chandelure... I got uncreative
Killer the Hydreigon... REALLY uncreative :p

Years
I nicknamed my starter Pokemon, Oshawott his name is Aqua. My Pansear's name is Pyro. I also caught a Lilipup and a Purrloin and named them Bernie after my dog and Buster after my cat.

WolfAlchemist

Royal Guard
Years
Seperior/Envy: That Leviathan/serpent thing Envy turned into at the end of the first FMA anime

Zoroark/Todd: Todd from Fox & the Hound

Krookodile/Vector: Vector the crocodile from the Sonic the Hedgehog series

Archeops/Tsubasa: Couldn't think of anything else & I know that Tsubasa had something to do with wings

Sawsbuck/Blitzen: I think you can figure this one out x3

Beartic/Vega: The brightest star in the Lyra constellation, I believe. Also, I was thinking of Zoids at the time

Panpour/Cress: After the gym leader, lol

Cofagrigus/Marik: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Deino/Nikodemus: Seems like a fitting name. I think it sounds a bit ominous since it's a rather brutal Pokemon according to the Pokedex. The Secret of NIMH, lol

Victini/Klaus: Supposedly mean victory & since Victini is the victory Pokemon...

Mienfoo/Ling: FMA Brotherhood/manga. From some reason it's stance reminds me of Ling.

Drilbur/Bakuryu: Bakuryu from Bloody Roar, the dude that turns into a mole

Lillipup/Copper: Counter part for my Zoroark xD

That's all I can think of at the top of my head at the moment.

Dubberley

Wandering Psychic
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
Kirbychu / Serperior (m)
Cole / Conkeldurr (m)
Katie / Zoroark (f)
Cilerba / Carracosta (m)
Luke / Escavalier (m)
Kirozane / Reshiram

Now...the nonsense names!

Hooker / Ditto
Lady Gaga / Gothita
armpits / Tornadus
notQuilava / Tranquill
Sexy Cat / Purrloin
Baconator / Tepig
Bacondorf / Tepig
Hilarious / Vullaby

I plan on naming Landorus man stench. 8D These are all in Black, btw. I might post some stuff from White later! ^-^

ha hooker because ditto get on everyone lol

yer i call my umbreon twilight and my espeon seishin - japanese for psychic of the mind

Years
Vaniluxe - Snowcone
Klinklang - Metalcog
Ducklett - Bluebird
Amoongus - Mushball
Reuniclus - Solcell
And I didn't nickname my Chandelure.

-Totodile42

Years
It's rare that I ever nickname my Pokemon; the main reason being I can't come with apt or amusing names. :< But for some reason, I still nicknamed my Snivy 'Smugleaf'. :D

olih

Who says you can't go home?
Years
I named my Servine Bon Jovi! And my Zebstrika's name is Journey. My Scolipede is Bobby. That's about the weirdest names I have.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I've only nicknamed my main team this time around.
Bacon- Emboar (male)
Fearne- Whimsicott (female)
Squishy- Jellicent (male)
Molly- Excadrill (female)
Stripes- Zebstika (male)
I now need a name for my female Zweillous (soon to be Hydreigon.) :S

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Krookodile - Krockodile
I just though it sounded a little better, despite the resemblance to crockery.

Virizion - Viridion
Again, I just think it sounds a bit better.

Zebrastrika - Zebolt
And again, I think it sounds better and makes more sense.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I haven't got names for all the team members listed in my signature yet, but I do have a few:

Emboar: Augustus. No meaning other than it's the name of Amy Pond's dad (in Doctor Who) and I thought it sounded good.
Excadrill: Simon. PIERCE THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR EXCADRILL
Serperior: Excalibur, just because of who his first form looks like.

However, when I played the Japanese versions, I nicknamed all my team members:

Simisear: Iroh, for the character from Avatar. I didn't want a generic-sounding name like "Flame" or "Blaze" what with the character limit and all, then I thought of characters from fiction who control fire and... yeah.
Whimsicott: Eli, for Eli Whitney, inventor of the cotton gin.
Swanna: Odett, which is supposed to be Odette but the blasted Japanese character limit is one too short. Swan Lake reference there.
Archeops: Ace, since the Pokemon is supposed to be so good and it just sounded right.
Scrafty: Scott, because I wanted to name something for Scott Pilgrim and that was who I chose.
Hydreigon: Drach, from the German for "dragon" (character limit came into play again), since I named him after the English names were leaked and we knew about the German wordplay.
Throh: Leroy, no particular reason.
Krookodile: Kroze, yes, the guy who works on YGOTAS. KROOOOOOZE
Swoobat: Bruce, since I once used Wayne for a Crobat. I should not have to explain this.
Cofagrigus: Atem, thought of at the same time as Kroze so I decided to go with another Yu-Gi-Oh joke. If there were more letters I may well have called him Dan Green.
Scolipede: Vyre, which has no meaning, just sounded cool.
Klinklang: Gizmo, just a word which fit a bunch of gears.

So yeah, there you go, a little insight into my naming process.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Well, I just started, but...

Oshawott - "LeSabre" - See username. I'm going with a "large American car" theme with some of my Pokemon. Buick LeSabre is one of them.

Patrat - "Delta 88" - Named after the Oldsmobile Delta 88, another large American car.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
prime minister harper the dewott

named after canada's prime minister.

haha

Years
Tepig - Bacon / thought it would be funny, a fire pig being called bacon
Throh - Judo / just cuz he is a fighter
Herdier - Scottie / looks like a Scottish Terrier to me
Pansage - Mono Verde / just Green Monkey
Audino - Faerie

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I usually don't nickname my Pokémon that often nor my main team, but I just felt that the name Audino didn't suit the Pokémon at hand. n_n Her new name is Lyna (Lee-Nuh) but I might end up changing it to Minnie sometime.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
For my main run in White I'm not nicknaming my Pokemon, because I never do in my first run through. I'm also not naming them so that I can get used to the English names because I've gotten so used to the Japanese names. However in my Black version I'll be doing a Duotype Bug/Poison challenge and as I do with all challenges I will be naming my team; however, I'm not sure what the theme will be.

TheUnown

Super Lurker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
I don't like to nickname my Pokemon ever, but just this once since I decided to name my Snivy with its original Japanese name, Tsutaja (minus the 'r'). I sort of like the English names of Snivy and Servine, but Serperior is not all that oustanding to me =/

So yeah...not all that original 'cause I'm bad at names ^^;

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
The only nickname i have given is max to my lillipup (now herdier) because my grandparents had a yorkshire terrier called Max before it died in [i think it was] 2006

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
currently i have:
purrloin- Kira...named after my rl friend who loves cats
Herdier- Yang nicknamed after Rilence
petilil- Petal cause i couldnt think of anything better

adding on to my post

Cubchoo- KawaiiKuma which means cute bear because ignoring the snot bubble its addorable
Druddigon- Draco because its original name sucks and draco fits it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back