• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What pokeball do you use to catch Legendaries?

What pokeball do you use to catch legend in B&W

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
It's always the standard pokéball for me. I won't ever use any other ball. Most of the time I have to soft-reset because the opposing legendary ends up killing itself from struggle; I just persist until it's caught.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
So far:

Captured Reshiram (Docile) in a Premier Ball.
Captured Victini (Adamant) in a Poke Ball.
Captured Cobalion (Adamant) in a Poke Ball.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
I just caught my Reshiram in a Premier Ball, first throw on low-yellow health. I find it kind of disappointing that the title legendaries have such pathetic capture rates actually.

They should go back to the early days when it took 50 Heavy Balls to catch a Lugia or 70 Timer Balls to catch a Rayquaza.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2012
I just caught my Reshiram in a Premier Ball, first throw on low-yellow health. I find it kind of disappointing that the title legendaries have such pathetic capture rates actually.

They should go back to the early days when it took 50 Heavy Balls to catch a Lugia or 70 Timer Balls to catch a Rayquaza.

Agreed! But all the small kids playing it freak out if they don't catch it in one try and cry and complain it's too hard. (I've personally seen this. They couldn't catch Heatran. Mwahaha!)

They have even higher capture rates than Palkia and Dialga. I thought they were bad.

Nameless.

I don't go out of my way to buy any specific type of Pokeballs for legendaries ; at least, not in B&W. I'll just save in front of the legendary and use what I got until I run out of Pokeballs or capture it. If the first does happen, I reset and try again. xD Like for Cobalion, I mostly had only basic Pokeballs, so I caught it in one of those on the first "capture time". :D

Tis a proud moment. Makes me use basic Pokeballs more often on legends in B&W. =w=

Shinjiaoki94

Punk Leader
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
Ultraball is common choice, though the Legendaries from Gen IV and V often found in caves so it's true :D
I choose Great ball, though :P

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
i use pokeballs to catch everything so i have alot of premier balls laying around so i catch the legends in premier balls and pokeballs.

it was really easy to catch reshiram in my opinion.

Years
All of those who say Poke Balls and Ultra Balls, please consider the Timer Ball.

Legendaries catch rate is 3, at most. Reshiram and Zekrom, the programmers made it so that they're easier.

So, Kyurem and the others are extremely hard to catch, and waste time, so use a Timer Ball. Just saying, they're a recent discovery for me, work better than Ultra Balls for longer battles.

If you want to use other balls, be my guest. I'm just passing over some advice.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2011
premier all the way
i have caught every legendary in the game (i hacked access to them since i hate waiting for events) its a simple prosses really you give a pokemon endeavor(not shure if this is write attack the one that make your opponents health the same as yours) and focus sash(survive 1 hit with 1 health)
okay now he is down to 1 health then i send out pokemon that can lower his stats and give him sleep/paralyze.exc then throw a premier ball its really easy

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I swear I posted in this thread earlier, but I guess posting error didn't let it go through :S

Only caught Victini so far. Went through 10-15 Pokeballs, one of which got three rolls and then it escaped again, a bunch of Heal Balls, a Net Ball, 10 Great Balls, and a few Ultra Balls before catching it.

Was saving Timer Balls for last, to get the maximum advantage if it became a last resort. Chucking all those balls = 1 turn, and with 45s blasting a Level 15, you kinda want to waste your turns without KOing the thing. So ball-chuckin' it was.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Dusk. I REALLY want to try out a Cherish ball... that is if they ever let us have one..

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
This thread is starting to become a discussion for which Pokéball you use for all legendaries in general, so I've moved it over to Gaming Central.

I usually use any of the Pokéballs really. Usually I like a Pokéball to match the design of a Pokémon because whenever they come out of it, the little sparkles or whatever you would like to call the little flurries that appear when you are sending out a Pokémon, look representing when matching in my opinion. :o

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2011
Dusk, definitely Dusk. Most legendaries are in caves, I normally play at night, it has a higher catch rate than Ultra, and it's simply cheaper. I don't see a reason to use Ultra.

Years
The pokeball I use wasn't listed...

I always catch 'em with a Premier Ball, like I just did in Pokemon White.

It only took 1! Now I have more for the others.

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2013
For dialga and palkia I used alot of luxury balls when I put them to sleep.
Turns out that didn't work. So since their health was low I used a heal
Ball and caught them.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I hate that your first post here is breaking a rule. ;( Please don't post in a thread over a month old.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back