The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 20th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Dialga's Song of Time
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Docile
Is there anyone here that writes fanfics willing to be friends with me? I would like a writing buddy so we can discuss each other's fanfics. And would not mind if someone could work together on these fanfics. If so, please reply.
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Maybe post some more information about your fanfics? If you do, then people who might want to work with you will know what you like to write.

Also, what do you mean by "discuss each other's fanfic"? Do you mean like a beta reader does, where you go over questions and find each other's mistakes? Or do you mean like a support system, where you talk about how the writing goes for each day, what the characters are doing, where the plot is going, things like that?

Once we know that, we'll have a starting point to finding friends.
Old March 21st, 2011, 05:24 AM
Dialga's Song of Time
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
Maybe post some more information about your fanfics? If you do, then people who might want to work with you will know what you like to write.

Also, what do you mean by "discuss each other's fanfic"? Do you mean like a beta reader does, where you go over questions and find each other's mistakes? Or do you mean like a support system, where you talk about how the writing goes for each day, what the characters are doing, where the plot is going, things like that?

Once we know that, we'll have a starting point to finding friends.
My fanfic is the Quesr of Arceus: Journey to a New Homeworld, a pokemon/zelda crossover.

I do want a support system
Old March 21st, 2011, 07:26 AM
JX Valentine
Your aquatic overlord

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
The best way to interact with this forum isn't to ask us outright. It's to read our fics, find someone whose writing style you like, and then talk to them via VM or PM. Most of us aren't going to come to you because we don't know whether you're interested in holding a discussion or you just want to talk about your stuff, and I don't think many people can handle one-sided relationships, at the risk of being a little overdramatic.

Need some light reading?
Anima Ex Machina (Chapter 20 now available)
The Leaf Green Incident (SWC 2012 winner)
Braid (Creepypasta apparently)
Domain | Dreamwidth | Twitter
Old March 21st, 2011, 08:36 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga's Song of Time View Post
I do want a support system
Fortunately, Fanfiction and Writing is just that: a support system. If you have a question about anything related to writing, create a thread and we'll try to answer it. Want to see what other's think of your writing? That's exactly what we're here for.

Like Jax said, just start interacting with us. Review other people's stories. Post your own. Create discussion threads. Once you do, you'll make friends and get your own private support system while adding to others. Before that, though, a good solution is to make use of the large support system known as this forum.
Old March 21st, 2011, 08:47 AM
Dialga's Song of Time
Beginning Trainer

I would like some advice and assistance in making chapters longer and more detail on my Quest of Arceus story I have been working on and I have yet to start a new chapter. I am also wondering if someone would like to work with me on this fanfic

Here is the link:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=231445
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:29 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I'm going to merge your two threads, so that now people have a better idea of what you're looking for.

Also, just note that no one can actually post in your fanfic's thread, since it's way over a month old. So if anyone reviews your fic, they'll have to either send the response to you in a VM/PM or post in this thread.
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:37 AM
Dialga's Song of Time
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I'm going to merge your two threads, so that now people have a better idea of what you're looking for.

Also, just note that no one can actually post in your fanfic's thread, since it's way over a month old. So if anyone reviews your fic, they'll have to either send the response to you in a VM/PM or post in this thread.
Alright, if anyone would like to pm me thats fine or they could post on this thread. Also, How do I revive my fanfic thread?
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:45 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

The only way to revive your thread without getting in trouble is by posting a new chapter. If you post in it for any other reason, it'll be closed.
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:55 AM
Dialga's Song of Time
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
The only way to revive your thread without getting in trouble is by posting a new chapter. If you post in it for any other reason, it'll be closed.
The problem is that I am stuck, so I would appreciate it if someone could pm me or post on this thread.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links