• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

co op on my current fanfic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
If you're looking for someone to give you advice on grammar, spelling, characterization, even plot ideas, you're looking for a beta reader. You'll be able to find some here, or you could just go around the forum, find someone who sounds like they could be helpful, and start a conversation with them via private messages or on their profile. Most people would be happy to help you; you just have to make it clear that you're interested in interacting with them. (Note: Emphasis on "most people." I'm unfortunately not one of them at the moment due to my schedule right now.)

If you're looking for someone to collaborate with (as in, the two of you write the fic together with both people sharing an equal amount of work in the fic), that can also be remedied by looking around the forum, finding a friendly face, and addressing them directly via PM or their profile. Some people would be interested in a collab fic because it'd be a new and different experience.

If you're looking for someone to outright write your story for you... :|

But seriously, yeah. As I've said in the other thread, it's a bad idea to post a thread and say, "HEY ANYONE WANT TO BE MY FRIEND?" Aside from the fact that this forum isn't exactly all that active at the moment (mostly due to school and other stuff), it tends to say to us that you're more interested in talking about your fic than you are in talking about writing in general. If you need a beta or a writing partner, it's best to read over a lot of active writers' fics and then talk to the authors who sound the most interesting because it shows us that you're not after a relationship where we're just meant to talk about your stuff (as opposed to a mutual relationship where we can talk about other things like friends do and so on).

Just giving you a heads up about that.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
This was also covered in your other two threads. You asked for a writing partner and you asked for help on your fic in the other thread.

So do please try to keep all threads regarding your fic in the first thread. Also, maybe some patience and perhaps finding people yourself? Don't just wait for them to come to you. Go to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back