The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 23rd, 2011, 12:58 AM
beca
◔_____◔
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca

Advertise here
I'm (hopefully) getting Pokemon Black today (if Amazon's delivery service is nice to me), and I'm curious as to which types will give the advantage throughout the first few gyms =] suggestions?

Usually I train just one or two Pokemon, but I read somewhere that the new versions are a lot harder than the previous ones =/

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:01 AM
-weeper
The Anchor of Your Sorrow

Nature: Serious
Alright. Well first gym will have, no matter what, Pokemon that have the type advantage on your starter. However, by going to the Dreamyard, you can get on of the Pans which can help with the gym.

Next, biggest thing I can tell you is to farm Audinos if you feel you need to. Simply run beside patches of grass, and then run to the patches that will eventually shake. You can get a TON of easy exp this way.
Pokemon: Farfetch'd, Hoothoot, Hawlucha
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:14 AM
beca
◔_____◔
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca
Thanks for the tip!

What do you mean by the first gym always having the type advantage? Isn't there usually one starter which has the advantage? :O

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:21 AM
TaurusFire
Collector

Nature: Lax
hey guys.. where do you learn ancientpower in white? i cant find it anywhere.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:23 AM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raichupacabra View Post
Where do you get the effort ribbon?
Apparantly, there isn't any Effort Ribbon in the game. There's just a lady in Opelucid City who lets you know if your Pokemon's effort value has maxed out.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:34 AM
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
WHere can I find a Pansage Besides from that girl in the Dream Yard?

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:36 AM
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin View Post
WHere can I find a Pansage Besides from that girl in the Dream Yard?
In Pinwheel and Lostlorn forest according to Serebii ;)

Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:39 AM
Cathar
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Check Bulbapedia or Seerebi, they list all the Gym leaders and their Pokémon.

The first gym has three leaders that will switch depending on your starter. They will always have one Pokémon with a type advantage over your starter. Fortunately, you get a gift Pokémon that will have type advantage over the one the Gym leader is using.

B&W offer quite the variety of types from the early game on so you can get pretty much anything. The games are a bit different than the others so I would just start playing without worrying too much and just get whatever Pokémon you like the look of
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:51 AM
|Torch|
Fire Trainer!

1.Cilan, Chili, or Cress focus on Grass, Fire, or Water type Pokémon depending on which starter you pick determines what type you will fight..

Exp. your Starter Fire > You will battle Cress (water)
your Starter Water > You will battle Cilan (grass)
your Starter Grass > You will battle Chili (fire)

Their Pokémon's levels are in the 12-14 range.

2.Lenora focuses on Normal type Pokémon.

So all i you need is to be training a Fighting Pokemon.. like I trained Sawk and Her Pokémon's levels are in the 18-20 range.

3.Burgh focuses on Bug type Pokémon.

So Fire Starter! would benefit here! His Pokémon's levels are in the 21-23 range.

4.Elesa focuses on Electric type Pokémon.

So Rock/Ground I used Gigalith and Her Pokémon's levels are in the 25-27 range.

5.Clay focuses on Ground type Pokémon.

So Grass /Water Starter would benefit here! His Pokémon's levels are in the 29-31 range.

6.Skyla focuses on Flying type Pokémon.

So for this gym any Electric/Rock/Ice pokemon you have trained will be able to soar through this gym i used Zebstrika which evolved at lvl 27. So again Her Pokémon's levels are in the 33-35 range.

7.Brycen focuses on Ice type Pokémon.

So Fire Starter would be good! His Pokémon's levels are in the 37-39 range.

So since i didn't have a Ice/Dragon pokemon i had to just plowed my way through this gym using my whole party! But Their Pokémon's levels are only in the 41-43 range.

So idk its up to you..

Least now you can see what the Gym's Strength's are..

What i did?

I started with Tepig! So..

Gyms
1. Pansage
2. Sawk
3. Pignite
4. Gigalith
5. Simisage
6. Zebstrika
7. Emboar
8. MY whole Party ( Emboar, Sawk, Zebstrika, Simisage, Gigalith, and Unfezant)

Last edited by |Torch|; March 23rd, 2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 02:40 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusFire View Post
hey guys.. where do you learn ancientpower in white? i cant find it anywhere.
Ancientpower is not nor has it ever been a TM.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 02:50 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by beca View Post
I'm (hopefully) getting Pokemon Black today (if Amazon's delivery service is nice to me), and I'm curious as to which types will give the advantage throughout the first few gyms =] suggestions?

Usually I train just one or two Pokemon, but I read somewhere that the new versions are a lot harder than the previous ones =/
Merged with Simple Questions incase anyone else has something to input - but in the future please remember, these types of questions related to help in some form belong in this thread rather than having their own thread.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 06:39 AM
DayDreamer
Pokemon Gamer

Nature: Quiet
I must be missing something or the game just doesn't like me. How do you access Abyssal Ruins from Undella Bay? I've used Dive in all the dark spots on the water but I'm never able to move after doing so. The game just forces me back up the water after 10 seconds. Is it a specific Dive spot? If so where is it?

I've surfed around and dived in every spot already >_>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beca View Post
Gym leaders ain't the problem with this game. I would keep a team of six at all times to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Torch| View Post
Hey all,

I just did a terrible thing i was breeding pokemon and releasing and i ended up releasing a pokemon that held my "lucky egg" is there any way i can trade with somebody?! to obtain a "Lucky Egg" again? i just so stupid idk what i was thinking and above that i saved over the file that was before i knew what i had done. So basically..

*Is there any possible way i can get another "lucky egg" within my Pokemon Black?!*

:(
Yes. Route 13, a guy that gives you one random item everyday. It's random so you'll have to rely on luck =(.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova_Route_13
Old March 23rd, 2011, 06:57 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
I must be missing something or the game just doesn't like me. How do you access Abyssal Ruins from Undella Bay? I've used Dive in all the dark spots on the water but I'm never able to move after doing so. The game just forces me back up the water after 10 seconds. Is it a specific Dive spot? If so where is it?

I've surfed around and dived in every spot already >_>.
When you get underwater, you can see the building, right? Just keep pressing forward, it's like the Skyarrow bridge in that the camera angle changes, but you're still going in the same direction. You'll spiral downwards and into the building. If you go backwards or wait, you'll float back to the top. It's a bit confusing.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:59 AM
TaurusFire
Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Ancientpower is not nor has it ever been a TM.
thanks for your condescension .. But its always been a move tutored move. and I am asking where the move tutor that knows it would be..
Old March 23rd, 2011, 08:05 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusFire View Post
thanks for your condescension .. But its always been a move tutored move. and I am asking where the move tutor that knows it would be..
It hasn't always been a move tutor move iirc.

and it's not teachable in this generation, it's only available in Gen IV
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:08 AM
MisterCool
Beginning Trainer

I've cleared the game the first time around, my pokemon are all around lv. 50, except for the rufflet that I am in the process of training. I'm trying to go on the other side of the region, but trainers demolish me...

How are you supposed to train or level up if you can't beat them? Any tips are appreciated, thanks!
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:12 AM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCool View Post
I've cleared the game the first time around, my pokemon are all around lv. 50, except for the rufflet that I am in the process of training. I'm trying to go on the other side of the region, but trainers demolish me...

How are you supposed to train or level up if you can't beat them? Any tips are appreciated, thanks!
The Sports domes in Nimbasa city are great places to level up. Also the Royal Unova in Castelia City. Then there's also Victory Road for wild Pokemon.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:12 AM
anuraj
Beginning Trainer

I really want to start a pokemon walkthrough for youtube but the thing that is troubling me is the team I should get so that I can make it as quick and painless as possible.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:42 AM
DayDreamer
Pokemon Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
The Sports domes in Nimbasa city are great places to level up. Also the Royal Unova in Castelia City. Then there's also Victory Road for wild Pokemon.
They're the same levels as the east side trainers so bad idea xD.

I recommend fighting the wild pokemon in the grass and avoid the trainers for now. The wild pokemon range from 40~60 so you should level up quick.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 12:30 PM
A.Furrow
Beginning Trainer

I've been Ev training my Lucario on Litwick for the past hour i know that it recalculates after every battle however, he was not receiving another stat point ever 4 Ev's. His Special attack and Attack are completely full now but it is still allowing me to give him alot of HP UP and stuff. My total should be 510 has there been even more EV training changes in this generation?
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
TaurusFire
Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

It hasn't always been a move tutor move iirc.

and it's not teachable in this generation, it's only available in Gen IV

found out how to get it. needs a heart scale and the move family :D its possible to get this time around too wooo!
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:59 PM
darkfighter
That random guy

Should I add Ferroseed to my party? I always carry at least one high defense pokemon in my games. This pokemon looks all right, but I've heard there are better pokemon. The only options I have in mind is waiting until I catch a Cofrigus or a Musharna later on in the game.

"Why not train a Munna now?". Because I'm a bit impatient to train a pokemon that many levels right now. The Munna I have is in my PC- Level 8.

What should I do?
Old March 23rd, 2011, 02:02 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

I love my Ferrothorn. It can stand up to pretty much anything except fire/fighting, and Power Whip is beastly. It's the highest leveled Pokemon in my party, just because it's so much easier to level than all of my other Pokemon.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
WildEagle
Call me, Your Royal Freshness

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to WildEagle Send a message via Skype™ to WildEagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfighter View Post
"Why not train a Munna now?". Because I'm a bit impatient to train a pokemon that many levels right now. The Munna I have is in my PC- Level 8.

What should I do?
Pokemon with low levels is easy to train actually. If your in around 5-6th gym just go to a shaking grass and train on audino and watch Munna gets load of Exp because of it's low level.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:53 PM
fire woven
Erif Nevow, my RP name

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCool View Post

This got on my nerves too. I recomend White Forest/Black City. I know its an effort to avoid the trainers getting there, but your team should be good enough to get there.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here