The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:03 PM
Rawrinism
Shandera'd

Nature: Jolly
Is there a way to battle with your friends with your pokemon converted to level 100 instead of level 50 ?
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
Master Jecht
Hmmm..

Nature: Lax
what is a good place to train after completing the main story. My pokemon are in the mid 50s and everyone else seems to have 65+. And the elite 4 are all 70+. Thanks.

Pl code:3911 0957 3329
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jecht View Post
what is a good place to train after completing the main story. My pokemon are in the mid 50s and everyone else seems to have 65+. And the elite 4 are all 70+. Thanks.
Wild Audino will get your Pokemon's levels up in no time. The ones on Routes 11-15 are all on like lv50 as well.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:47 PM
FraRPetO
Easy

Does Absorb Bulb absorb water type moves even if my pokemon is a fire type ?

Last edited by FraRPetO; March 23rd, 2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: spelled wrong ^^
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrinism View Post
Is there a way to battle with your friends with your pokemon converted to level 100 instead of level 50 ?
I don't believe there is; the only thing you can do is just raise them to level 100, as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jecht View Post
What I did was to go back to Relic Castle, catch the level 70 Volcarona at the bottom (easy as pie) and then abuse that and the Exp. Share to get my Pokemon up a bit. Also, it helps to have fully evolved, high base stat Pokemon, because a lot of the Trainers post-E4 - while they do wield level 60+s - are only running Buizel, Taillow and the like, so something like a level 55 Haxorus chews through them quite easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraRPetO View Post
Does Absorb Bulb absorb water type moves even if my pokemon is a fire type ?
Absorb Bulb does not actually absorb (ie negate) the attack, from what I can tell. It just gives you a special attack boost, so damage calculation is applied normally.
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:44 AM
FraRPetO
Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post

Absorb Bulb does not actually absorb (ie negate) the attack, from what I can tell. It just gives you a special attack boost, so damage calculation is applied normally.
Alright thanks It would be cool if it absorbed the attack, but also unfair I guess
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Furrow View Post
I've been Ev training my Lucario on Litwick for the past hour i know that it recalculates after every battle however, he was not receiving another stat point ever 4 Ev's. His Special attack and Attack are completely full now but it is still allowing me to give him alot of HP UP and stuff. My total should be 510 has there been even more EV training changes in this generation?
When a Pokemon gains 4 EVs in a particular stat, all that that means is that the Pokemon will have one extra point in that stat when it reaches level 100. They don't always manifest straight away as far as I know. Sure, they usually do (managed to give my Absol a freaking +12 speed increase in one level once) but at the end of the day, if you do the maths, they'll be there. As for why you can keep feeding it vitamins, well . . . I have no idea, frankly. Maybe you miscalculated? I'm really not sure.

I could be wrong, as I'm no expert on EV training. In fact, I'm probably not the best person to answer this question, but it didn't look like anyone else was going to, so . . .
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:11 AM
lamby101
Trainer

I remember hearing that you can't trade/transfer items from Heartgold/Soulsilver to Black or White.

Is this true? If not how would I do this?

I want the items to help with EV training but getting enough battle points is taking a while.

Follow me on Twitter: @GoallineJLamb

White FC:
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamby101 View Post
I remember hearing that you can't trade/transfer items from Heartgold/Soulsilver to Black or White.

Is this true? If not how would I do this?

I want the items to help with EV training but getting enough battle points is taking a while.
Nope, nothing from any past generations. Only way to do it is through hacking/ARing/etc.

B/W does provide a lot of items for trainers though, so they should be good enough tbh.
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:26 AM
lamby101
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

Nope, nothing from any past generations. Only way to do it is through hacking/ARing/etc.

B/W does provide a lot of items for trainers though, so they should be good enough tbh.
Ah that sucks, will have to keep on with the battle tower before I can start EV training my Pokemon, EV training is far too tedious without the Power anklets/bracelets etc

Follow me on Twitter: @GoallineJLamb

White FC:
Old March 24th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Onemorthng
Beginning Trainer

Does Baton Pass pass the effects of Grip Claw?
Old March 24th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Bwazzam
*explosion noise*

Nature: Lax
Is rebattling possible in B/W?

Old March 24th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemorthng View Post
Does Baton Pass pass the effects of Grip Claw?
The Grip Claw is an item, so no. Baton Pass only passes stat changes. You can put the Grip Claw on the Pokemon you will be Baton Passing to, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwazzam View Post
Is rebattling possible in B/W?
Not most trainers, but you can find trainers every day in the Nimbassa City stadiums, you can battle trainers on the Ferris Wheel also in Nimbassa City, in Opelucid city there is a house in which you can do a Triple/Rotation battle every day, and in Pokemon Black there will be trainers that you can battle in Black City. Also, you can rebattle the Elite Four as much as you want and battle the rich boy in the Undella Town villa every day.
Old March 24th, 2011, 10:50 AM
MXRider
Beginning Trainer

how do you watch saved battles?

nvm found it, you have to use the VS recorder

Last edited by MXRider; March 24th, 2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 24th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Pwnyta Jockey
Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!

Nature: Quiet
Will the Japan disaster have any effect on when the B-W events (Mello, Keldo, Genosect) be released in Japan-then-beyond ?
Old March 24th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnyta Jockey View Post
Will the Japan disaster have any effect on when the B-W events (Mello, Keldo, Genosect) be released in Japan-then-beyond ?
It might, but it would probably be minimal or not at all. I'm only saying this because it did push back the release of the Global Link, but no one can no for sure. It probably wont though.
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Volcom22
Weepingbell Collector.. ^.^

So recently I got into online battleling and found my main problem was I didn't have any EVs on any of my Pokemon. I've been killing several of the mentioned EV areas and I notice no change in stats! ): If anyone can PM and let me know I'd truly appreciate it!
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:20 PM
chaos56
Beginning Trainer

Supposedly all Pokemon on the GTS in B/W are legit right? I just got a shiny Giratina lvl 33 in an Ultra Ball...and its from Sinnoh. Call me crazy, there's no place to get a lvl 33 Giratina there...
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos56 View Post
Supposedly all Pokemon on the GTS in B/W are legit right? I just got a shiny Giratina lvl 33 in an Ultra Ball...and its from Sinnoh. Call me crazy, there's no place to get a lvl 33 Giratina there...
There is, an event Arceus was given out over wifi iirc anyway, this Arceus let's you go to the Sinjoh ruins, (Which is ruins between Sinnoh and Johto) with the Arceus in your party, you can choose to acquire one of the Sinnoh trio at Level 1 (Giratina, Dialga, Palkia)

Note : It was given out during HG/SS

1349 6159 4149 // 1174 [TSV]
(feel free to add)
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:48 PM
chaos56
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

There is, an event Arceus was given out over wifi iirc anyway, this Arceus let's you go to the Sinjoh ruins, (Which is ruins between Sinnoh and Johto) with the Arceus in your party, you can choose to acquire one of the Sinnoh trio at Level 1 (Giratina, Dialga, Palkia)

Note : It was given out during HG/SS

Ok sorry, I left out one little detail...its in an Ultra Ball.
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:25 PM
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
I read there's a dig tm on the desert road and a dream eater tm in the dream yard.
and a tm in the cold storage(can't remember which one). I've been all over the desert including the resort and all over the cold storage including team plasma's hiding place. where are those blasted tms? and how do I get the one in the dream yard, I accidentally evolved my munna too soon for a hypnosis/dream eater combo
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old March 24th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Quote:
Ok sorry, I left out one little detail...its in an Ultra Ball.
Its probably not legit.. Also, the egg event was in Johto, not Sinnoh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevenson1976 View Post
I read there's a dig tm on the desert road and a dream eater tm in the dream yard.
and a tm in the cold storage(can't remember which one). I've been all over the desert including the resort and all over the cold storage including team plasma's hiding place. where are those blasted tms? and how do I get the one in the dream yard, I accidentally evolved my munna too soon for a hypnosis/dream eater combo
Dig is indeed in the Desert on Route 4. Go on the road that leads toward the Desert Resort and enter the first house there. Talk to the people and you should get the TM. Dream Eater can be found after the main storyline is finished, and it is in the Dream Yard Underground. In the Cold Storage, you can find a TM (Scald) in the main area and after the main story you can find a sage there and he will give you Hone Claws. Hope that helps :D
Old March 24th, 2011, 02:52 PM
chaos56
Beginning Trainer

EDIT: Sorry...didn't see the above post.
So then B/W GTS isn't safe...
Old March 24th, 2011, 03:00 PM
dieter57
pokemon master

Nature: Hardy
nope, Ive gotten hacks too. reshiram that knew fusion bolt. a little skeptical.

I'M BACK IN
Old March 24th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Quote:
EDIT: Sorry...didn't see the above post.
So then B/W GTS isn't safe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieter57 View Post
nope, Ive gotten hacks too. reshiram that knew fusion bolt. a little skeptical.
Yeah, it's probably extremely hard to monitor hacks on risky things like the GTS. To get rare things it is probably safer to check out the trade fourms for RNG'd or Soft Reset legendaries.

Sponsored Links