• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
At what point am I supposed to get strength? I got to victory road and saw a boulder and I thin.k I might've already missed it

Nimbasa city the house above the Pokemon Center, a male Ace trainer gives it to you.

jsyk, Boulders in this game are the giant ones that get pushed into holes, if you've seen a small gray one that's a totally different matter.

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
Years
Hey all when i was ev training i noticed that i was only able to ev 2 stat's to the max is this the limit?

like..

255 attack

255 sp. def

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hey all when i was ev training i noticed that i was only able to ev 2 stat's to the max is this the limit?

like..

255 attack

255 sp. def

510 is the limit, the max amount of EVs you can have, it doesn't matter what they're on or if any of them are maxed. For future reference, because 4 EVs = 1 stat increase, 252 should really be the max you put on any one stat. Then you have 4 more to put on another stat.

Cryptys

Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 24, 2017
White Forest

Hi all,

I haven't seen this question yet, but I wasn't going to read through 36 pages of old questions.

I beat the main storyline and made it to White Forest, however I am only able to catch like 4 different pokemon in White Forest. I took my time on the storyline so I have several people in my forest (~8), but I keep getting the same 3 or 4 pokemon when I see that there are loads more available there according to bulbapedia.

Also, I read that you can invite people to visit your White Forest which makes more rare pokemon available for capture in your forest. Is there a thread on PC to invite people to your forest similar to quick trading thread? Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hi all,

I haven't seen this question yet, but I wasn't going to read through 36 pages of old questions.

I beat the main storyline and made it to White Forest, however I am only able to catch like 4 different pokemon in White Forest. I took my time on the storyline so I have several people in my forest (~8), but I keep getting the same 3 or 4 pokemon when I see that there are loads more available there according to bulbapedia.

Also, I read that you can invite people to visit your White Forest which makes more rare pokemon available for capture in your forest. Is there a thread on PC to invite people to your forest similar to quick trading thread? Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

The only people that "count" as people are the ones with names. There are a few at least in my White Forest that aren't named,and don't make Pokemon show up. In the White Forest, every person corresponds to a Pokemon - for example, if you have Collin in your forest, then Abra will appear. Here's a list of all the Pokemon available, if you click each one it will tell you what person you need for that Pokemon to appear.

I can't answer your second question though, sorry.

Edit: Actually, I probably can: you can ONLY entralink if you're in wireless range, not over wi-fi, and you use Entralink to get people into your forest from another game. Therefore, unless PC members are cool meeting strangers just for Entralink in real life, I doubt there's a place to set that up on here.

Cryptys

Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 24, 2017

Edit: Actually, I probably can: you can ONLY entralink if you're in wireless range, not over wi-fi, and you use Entralink to get people into your forest from another game. Therefore, unless PC members are cool meeting strangers just for Entralink in real life, I doubt there's a place to set that up on here.

So what I am reading is that if a certain trainer is not already in your White Forest you have to connect via entralink to some other person's DS to get that trainer. Does this mean that you will never get these pokemon unless you know someone in "real life" that has the game to connect with or buy both games yourself and have two dses?

If so, that seems like a horrible setup for a game with wi-fi. =(((((

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Lately I've been trying to collect Event Pokemon. I looked up Jirachi's event list and found the Wishmaker event listed(Serebii has everything lol). Two questions, one regarding Jirachi and the other Mew:

For Jirachi, I recieved a Shiny Wishmaker Jirachi in a trade a little while ago and it seems legit. But now I'm a little confused. When looking up Jirachi's info in the event list his ID is: "00001-01000". I assume this means its ID is anywhere within that range, and yet the one I have has an ID of 20043...or maybe I'm just reading this wrong? Can someone give me some insight on this?

And as for Mew, I got a Shiny Mew from Hoenn at lvl 30. It has all the moves for the Faraway Island setup, and its caught in a Masterball. Ok, fine. The issue is the OT for this one. Its OT is written in red. I thought red OT names are only event names...or am I wrong on this one too?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but would like to know what I have.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
So what I am reading is that if a certain trainer is not already in your White Forest you have to connect via entralink to some other person's DS to get that trainer. Does this mean that you will never get these pokemon unless you know someone in "real life" that has the game to connect with or buy both games yourself and have two dses?

If so, that seems like a horrible setup for a game with wi-fi. =(((((

Yeah, unfortunately that's exactly how it works. You Entralink with someone, visit their Black City, and talk to people to convince them to come with you to White Forest. Also, you can have a maximum of 10 people there at once, so 10 different Pokemon, but there are 34 Pokemon available, so you have to Entralink multiple times to get all the ones available.

Years
  • Age 26
  • U.S.
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
Can someone tell me a good level to battle the elite four at? Please don't tell me anything about their names, types, or pokemon as I like leaving that for a surprise. Just a good all around level for battling them. thanks

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Can someone tell me a good level to battle the elite four at? Please don't tell me anything about their names, types, or pokemon as I like leaving that for a surprise. Just a good all around level for battling them. thanks

Well any level really, they aren;t that hard. I beat them with my pokemon around lv 48.

You get a Zekrom/Reshiram to battle N and Ghetis with too, and you pokemon healed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Were the legendaries supposed to be easy to catch cause I caught Zekrom with one Quick Ball.

Reshiram/Zekrom are easy to catch, yes, (I caught it on the second ball myself), with many people catching them with only one ball. This is so that you can move on in the story quickly most likely because you need to catch the legendary to complete the story.

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
Years
Toujours
Boggle.

lol this goes out to you because your probably going to be able to answer this the quickest lol..

So exactually how many legendaries are there in Black not White Just Black?..

Basically my question is..

*how many legendaries can i capture in black?*

Thanks alot! for all the help!

:D

beca

◔_____◔
Years
After a lot of messing around with my connection settings, I was finally given the "connection successful" message. However, upon trying to obtain Victini through Nintendo WFC, I received error code 20100. Nintendo's support website is completely useless - there is nothing interfering with the connection, and the modem is right next to me. Any suggestions? =/

Years
Toujours
Boggle.

lol this goes out to you because your probably going to be able to answer this the quickest lol..

Thundurus and Zekrom are the only two legendary Pokemon exclusive to Pokemon White, so you can't get them in Pokemon Black unless you're trading.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Toujours
Boggle.

Adding onto the other post, the amount you can get is 7 (without trading as mentioned), including Victini as the wifi event. Genesect, Meloetta and Keldeo are all unconfirmed legendaries at the moment.

If you'd like to know their locations, check here from the FAQ!

Cryptys

Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 24, 2017

I farmed to lvl 50 on all my top 8 pokemon for good measure. I'm sure you don't need to be that level but I knew I would be able to beat them (the first go round) that way.

After a lot of messing around with my connection settings, I was finally given the "connection successful" message. However, upon trying to obtain Victini through Nintendo WFC, I received error code 20100. Nintendo's support website is completely useless - there is nothing interfering with the connection, and the modem is right next to me. Any suggestions? =/

As a tech support guy, I will give you possible reasons you can double check for (although if you got "connection successful" most of these are probably not the problem:

Make sure you do not have MAC filtering enabled.
Be sure you are you using WEP encryption and put the correct key in your DS.
Be sure you have the correct connection selected on your DS (you can have 3 I believe and if you got "connection successful" this could be your problem.
When you try to connect to Nintendo WFC do you have bars representing a good connection in the top right corner? If not, you may not have typed everything in correctly.
Are you sure your Black/White game has not previously received Victini?

You're right that Nintendo's website is awful and unhelpful. The only reasonably helpful thing I found about the error on google was that your problem is somewhat common and was initially a "temporary" problem people were having when the game first came out.

Hope you figure it out. =\

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Lately I've been trying to collect Event Pokemon. I looked up Jirachi's event list and found the Wishmaker event listed(Serebii has everything lol). Two questions, one regarding Jirachi and the other Mew:

For Jirachi, I recieved a Shiny Wishmaker Jirachi in a trade a little while ago and it seems legit. But now I'm a little confused. When looking up Jirachi's info in the event list his ID is: "00001-01000". I assume this means its ID is anywhere within that range, and yet the one I have has an ID of 20043...or maybe I'm just reading this wrong? Can someone give me some insight on this?

And as for Mew, I got a Shiny Mew from Hoenn at lvl 30. It has all the moves for the Faraway Island setup, and its caught in a Masterball. Ok, fine. The issue is the OT for this one. Its OT is written in red. I thought red OT names are only event names...or am I wrong on this one too?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but would like to know what I have.
Can't say anything about the Jirachi, but as for the Mew . . . red OT names are female OT names. I have several myself, being a female on many of my games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back