• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Hazardous!~ The Poison-Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

~Hazardous!~
The Poison-Type Pokemon Fan Club

Welcome one and all to PokeCommunity's Poison-Type fan club! This club is dedicated to all the Poison-types we know and love. Whether you love Woobat, Seviper, or even Weepinbell, or maybe you just love the moves used by other Pokemon. Anyone who loves the power of Poison-Type is welcome!

180px-336Seviper.png

Owner: Meganium90
336MS.png

170px-071Victreebel.png

Co-Owner:
~Open Spot~

453Croagunk.png

Members:

Spoiler:

How to join?
Simple. Just fill out this short form. All fields are required. Incomplete forms will not grant admission to the club.
Spoiler:

RULES:
~All PC rules apply here.
~Be on-topic. Off-topic conversations will not be tolerated unless otherwise noted.
~Spam is not cool. Please don't do it.
~Be kind to one another. Flaming will not be tolerated.
~Most importantly, HAVE FUN! ^_^

Partners
There are 57 Poison-Type Pokemon as of Generation V. You may choose up to 2 partners, and there is no limit as to which.

Pure Poison-Types
Spoiler:

Primary Poison-Types
Spoiler:

Secondary Poison-Types
Spoiler:

Banners/Signature Userbars
I will provide the banners. If you would like to contribute, you can PM me your design!
Spoiler:

Questions? Suggestions?
Don't hesitate to PM me, Meganium90. My inbox is always open!

Topics
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Inauguration time!

Username: Regeneration
Poison-Type Partner: Roserade
Why do you want to join?: Because I want to...?
This is seriously the most pointless question where you'd get generic answers like "OMG I LIEK POISON TYPES THAT's Y!"

Which is your favourite poison type move and why?
My favourite move would be Toxic, because it intensifies with every turn! XD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Username: Anna
Poison-Type Partner: My lovely Crobat. <3
Why do you want to join?: Poison type love. <3
Which is your favourite poison type move and why? Poison Jab is a wonderful move~ Not sure why I like it, but I do~

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome you two! You're both definitely in. :)

My favorite Poison-Type move would have to be Poison Sting. Though it doesn't do that much damage to the opponent, but with patience, it increases the chance of poisoning the opponent if hit multiple times.

FlamingThunder

Years
Username: FlamingThunder
Poison-Type Partner: Arbok
Why do you want to join?: I consider Poison-types useful due to their high attack power.

What is your favorite Poison-Type move and why?
Gunk Shot. Even though I have never used it before, Gunk Shot rules the Poison type world!
Poison Jab comes in close, though.

EDIT: Can I be co-owner? It's okay if I can't.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Username: FlamingThunder
Poison-Type Partner: Arbok
Why do you want to join?: I consider Poison-types useful due to their high attack power.

What is your favorite Poison-Type move and why?
Gunk Shot. Even though I have never used it before, Gunk Shot rules the Poison type world!
Poison Jab comes in close, though.

EDIT: Can I be co-owner? It's okay if I can't.

Ahh, yes, the famous Poison Jab. That move comes in very close to Poison Sting, my favorite.

A Co-Owner has to have 100% dedication to this club, and willing to take over the club when I'm not around. Think you can handle that?

Years
Username: Pink Typholsion
Poison-Type Partner: Ivysaur :) and Scolipede
Why do you want to join?: OMG I LIEK POISON TYPES THAT's Y! lol jk, I think most Poison type have really been really useful to many of my parties. Especial in 5th Gen ♥ Scolipede

Topic Answer: Is it wrong to say Venoshock? lol

Very nice doubling power if poisoned :D

BoboTheHobo

spare some pokedollars?
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2015
Username: BoboTheHobo
Poison-Type Partner: Beedrill
Why do you want to join?: Poison types are kick-ass. Team Rocket knows what's up.
Topic Answer (if applicable): Sludge Bomb. It's what allowed me to do an Ariados run of Gold without resorting to non-STAB.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome, aboard, Pink Typhlosion, and BoboTheHobo!

Think it's time for a new topic. Here it is!

Gastly, Haunter & Gengar are part Ghost & part Poison type. But they only learn Poison-type moves via TM only. Do you think They should stay as secondary poison-types or go as pure Ghost-types?

Years
Gastly, Haunter & Gengar are part Ghost & part Poison type. But they only learn Poison-type moves via TM only. Do you think They should stay as Poison-types or stay as pure Ghost-types?

I never understood why they made them Ghost/Poison I'm guess it has to due with they "paralysis" you with fear which many poisons do paralysis you.

They should have made them pure period.

FlamingThunder

Years

Gastly, Haunter & Gengar are part Ghost & part Poison type. But they only learn Poison-type moves via TM only. Do you think They should stay as secondary poison-types or go as pure Ghost-types?

Nope. What made them poison-types?

Years
I think they were made partly Poison types because of their composition. Gastly is surrounded by a purplish smog, which might be poisonous. And maybe it could be because of it's abilities, like it can topple opponents by enveloping them in poisonous gases or something. lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Wow, I am liking everyone's responses so far! :)

In my opinion. If Gastly, Haunter & Gengar had some sort of a poisonous ability, I would still consider them as dual ghost-poison types. If only they would have learned (at least) Poison Gas by level-up, the poison-type classification would be true.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm thinking they shouldn't have been poison types. The poison aspect of their existence isn't much explored, and their natural moves don't reflect their dual typing. It just seems a bit odd that they are poison types.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Okay, everyone. Let's be creative in this topic!

New topic:
So far, as of the 5th Generation there are no Poison-Type Legendary Pokemon. If you were to *create* your own poison type legendary Pokemon, what would it be? You can include the name, and two moves either existing or not.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Username: Spinosaurus
Poison-Type Partner: Qwilfish~
Why do you want to join?: Poison is one of my favorite types. <3

So far, as of the 5th Generation there are no Poison-Type Legendary Pokemon. If you were to *create* your own poison type legendary Pokemon, what would it be? You can include the name, and two moves either existing or not.
Uhh, tough one. I'd probably make it a huge King Cobra. (Poison/Dark perhaps). The only name I can think of is Anacobra (Yeah, I know.)

CheshireNeko

Rocket Grunt
Years
Username: CheshireNeko
Poison-Type Partner: Koffing and Gastly
Why do you want to join?: I love poison-types, because they're cool and devious! And they're used by Team Rocket. And I like all the different kinds of Poison moves: the sludge ones, the gas ones, the poison slash ones...
Tough one indeed.I would go for a sort of dark, ninja-ified Scyther that knows Cross Poison and Toxic Spikes. I'm terrible with names, so I won't even try one >_>

Last edited:

Kyoto

Hai, wanna pair? ^^
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 2, 2011
Username: Kyoto
Poison-Type Partner: Gengar and Zubat!
Why do you want to join?: Because I like watching Pokemon slowly faint by being consumed by poison. o.O

It's name would be Toxicosis. It's ability is to sap an opponent's health due to poison, or the ability to poison the opponent when released.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome, Spino, Kyoto, and ChesireNeko!

Co-Owner Spot has been opened. So if you're interested in co-owning the group, you can always PM/VM me. :)

Also, if you have any ideas for a topic, don't hesitate to leave a PM or a VM. If I approve it, I'll use it! :)

To answer the previous topic, if there was a poison-type legendary, I would name it "Cobraython". It is a large, brown python that's larger than a Seviper. It would have large fangs, and a large body. Its moves would include the following two: Poison Fang, and Poison Tail (so that not only Seviper could use it. :P).

Great creations, everyone. Now let's move on to a new topic.

New topic:
Team Rocket uses mostly Poison-Type Pokemon. What is your favorite Poison-Type Pokemon used by Team Rocket?

For reference, go here. Scroll down to the bottom and find "Team Rocket's Pokemon."

Kyoto

Hai, wanna pair? ^^
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 2, 2011
I'm a member! Awesome! Plus I think that Seviper is my favorite of Team Rocket! I noticed that Cottonee learns PoisonPowder at level 22 xD! I will compose a Poison Type Team and share! Hopefully I don't get too much hate. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back