The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 19th, 2011, 01:10 AM
digitelanimefan
Beginning Trainer

Hey, so I just downloaded this game, but its too late tonight to start playing...but! I'm hoping someone can help me out, cause I have NO idea which starter to pick! Does the cat/grass starter stay cute, or turn fierce? Does it have a good final design? What about the fire starter? (I can't figure out what animal its supposed to be...) I'm completely conflicted, because fire is my favorite type, but cats are my favorite animals.
The water dragon kinda interests me too, but not as much. So unless the final evolution is just THAT awesome...its the fire or grass one I need to decide between.
Old March 19th, 2011, 03:11 AM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitelanimefan View Post
Hey, so I just downloaded this game, but its too late tonight to start playing...but! I'm hoping someone can help me out, cause I have NO idea which starter to pick! Does the cat/grass starter stay cute, or turn fierce? Does it have a good final design? What about the fire starter? (I can't figure out what animal its supposed to be...) I'm completely conflicted, because fire is my favorite type, but cats are my favorite animals.
The water dragon kinda interests me too, but not as much. So unless the final evolution is just THAT awesome...its the fire or grass one I need to decide between.
Wouldnt worry they dont envole in the demo.
Old March 19th, 2011, 09:34 AM
digitelanimefan
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
Wouldnt worry they dont envole in the demo.

Nooooooo! D: Do any of em evolve, or just the starters not do it?
Old March 19th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Coronation
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitelanimefan View Post
Nooooooo! D: Do any of em evolve, or just the starters not do it?
The starters don't have capped evolutions anymore; my Orchynx evolved on Lv. 28. I don't know what the other starter's final evolutions look like anymore, but the least I can do is show you Metalynx.

When Orchynx evolves, its Defense rises dramatically and it switches from Sp.A to Attack, although it doesn't learn any special attacks. Unfortunately, I was caught off guard by the attack switch, because my Metalynx is Bold =/ It's still decently strong though, and the defenses are awesome
Old March 19th, 2011, 01:29 PM
digitelanimefan
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Coronation View Post
The starters don't have capped evolutions anymore; my Orchynx evolved on Lv. 28. I don't know what the other starter's final evolutions look like anymore, but the least I can do is show you Metalynx.

When Orchynx evolves, its Defense rises dramatically and it switches from Sp.A to Attack, although it doesn't learn any special attacks. Unfortunately, I was caught off guard by the attack switch, because my Metalynx is Bold =/ It's still decently strong though, and the defenses are awesome
Okay, so they DO evolve then! :D Good to know!
And that thing looks AWESOME. :3 Thank you!

EDIT: Looking at the pokedex, the starters seem to only have one evolution. So! That is Orchynx's final form then. Sweeeet. I may have to play through this game again though, just to see the other starters'.

Last edited by digitelanimefan; March 19th, 2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old March 19th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Cypher DS

Quick Question: is there a Happiness system in Pokemon Uranium, and is it worthwhile teaching 'Return' to a pokemon?

Old March 19th, 2011, 07:51 PM
stardustdragon
Unhatched Egg

How far does 2.1 go for ?
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:24 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustdragon View Post
How far does 2.1 go for ?
About to ask that, but i think 2.1 goes to 3rd gym... im not sure tho.
Old March 20th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Cypher DS

You're correct, Demo 2.1 does end at the third gym.

I have a quick question for anyone who's played the 2.1 demo: have any of you noticed the background music playing too quickly on certain routes, or slowing down when you transition between rooms in a cavern? I'm referring specifically to
-Passage Cave
-Route 07, Tandor Sheets
-Nuclear Power Plant 01
-Third Gym Battle, Bealbeach City

Old March 25th, 2011, 11:58 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher DS View Post
Quick Question: is there a Happiness system in Pokemon Uranium, and is it worthwhile teaching 'Return' to a pokemon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher DS View Post
You're correct, Demo 2.1 does end at the third gym.

I have a quick question for anyone who's played the 2.1 demo: have any of you noticed the background music playing too quickly on certain routes, or slowing down when you transition between rooms in a cavern? I'm referring specifically to
-Passage Cave
-Route 07, Tandor Sheets
-Nuclear Power Plant 01
-Third Gym Battle, Bealbeach City
Yes, there is a Happiness system in the game, and it isn't really a good idea to teach Return to a pokémon as soon as you obtain it, because your pokemon are mostly "not" happy at the begin of the game. Also, about the sound thing, it was a mistake I commited when made the HQS version, that doesn't happens in the low quality mid version and that will be fixed. Btw, the email you sent me is the most awesome piece of feedback I ever seen ^^. It was that great and that helpful. If you want any specific question about the demo or the future of the game etc answered, just send me a PM or a VM.
Old March 27th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Zephyr+

Nature: Sassy
Hey guys! It's Zephyr, your resident spriter, here to show you some fakemon that I've been working on behind the scenes! Most of them are revamps, but we'll start by introducing some new faces.

Raptorch and Archilles
Fire/Ground

Those of you who watch me on Deviantart might be familiar with these guys already. Raptorch and Archilles are the new fire starters, to be replacing Flager and Inflagetah. If you liked Flager better, rest assured! He's not gone from the game for good; you will be able to capture him in the next beta. These two have functionally the same stats as the Flager line: Very high speed, high attack, mid special attack, defense, and special defense, low HP.

Pahar, Palij, and Pajay
Fire/Flying

Same old Pokemon, brand new look! Pahar will be a familiar face for those of you who played the beta, and those of you who completed the Rochfale lab sidequest will note that Professor Bamb'o owns a Pajay. They are intelligent Pokemon and are frequently raised as pets. Palij and Pajay have specially shaped feathers that generate friction in the air, causing sparks to trail behind them as they fly. High special attack and speed, mid HP and special defense, low defense and attack.

Sponee, Smore, and Tricwe
Bug

More revamps! The elemental bugs are found on the early routes, and confound many with their typing (they are all pure Bug, and gain a type2 when they evolve in the mid-to-late 20's). Despite not having said types, they learn a number of elemental attacks that are good to bolster your team's type coverage. Somewhere in Tandor, there is said to be a nest wherein their Queen resides.

Metalynx
Grass/Steel

Evolves from Orchynx at level 28. Metalynx are vicious predators that use their tails to quickly kill prey. Their armor extends underneath their skin, making them all but impervious to physical attacks. Very high defense, high special defense and attack, mid HP, low special attack and speed.

Those of you who have played the game and done the sidequest at the nuclear power plant off of Bealbeach will have noticed some weirdly-colored Pokemon. These are Nuclear Pokemon. They gain Nuclear as a type2 (replacing their previous type2 if they had one). Nuclear isn't your average fan-made type; it's highly unstable, and therefore is weak to everything and also strong against everything. Nuclear Pokemon are vicious and mindless, attacking Pokemon and humans alike. When caught, they are disobedient. There is no known cure for the Nuclear contamination. As you might expect, they are very important to the plot.

And now, I have a question for you guys.

On the left is how Nuclear Pokemon presently look; black-and-green color schemes with blanked-out eyes. On the right is the new concept: mutated versions of Pokemon, possibly with extra limbs or eyes and a tweaked color scheme. So I'm wondering, which would you rather see?
Old March 27th, 2011, 08:54 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

The best thing about Uranium is the quality of the fakemon, nice work.
And i like the mutated version bit better
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
The right version of Nuclear Pokemon seems more interesting, but it could be weird to see a Blastoise with 3 eyes and 4 arms.
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:25 PM
flamemaster
No school like the old school

Nature: Impish
oh my arceus!! this game is comin' along great!
hey twitch, nice fakemon yah got there, pretty, cool.
anyways, what i think is that, you, should go with the mutated, pokemon, its much cooler, but on the other hand, thats actually used quite alot, so i guess, its up to you to decide. anyways, peace!
flamemaster~
Old March 30th, 2011, 05:23 PM
IceGod64
My imagination.

Nature: Naive
Just played the demo. There are a few minor bugs, but this is coming along really well.

I'll keep an eye on this. But the professor in this game has no idea how to be professional.

Old April 1st, 2011, 08:08 AM
saifors
Mew is the best

pretty nice game I remember playing a older version from tis once but can you upload the game on a different download sit too? vuvuzela (or something ) doesn't work.

http://www.pokemospritesfusions.myad...elup.php?id=10
MY OWN FORUM!:
http://pokecolossus.freeforums.org/index.php
Old April 2nd, 2011, 09:56 AM
Cypher DS

I'll submit a vote for the traditional black-and-green Nuclear Pokemon.

Old April 2nd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Antebellum
Zephyr, your spriting seems to get better each update. The new fire starters are quite the change from the previous ones, which were all quadrupeds, and to be honest, was a bit of a boring trio. I love the Raptorch sprite, but Archilles's pose doesn't seem very dynamic to me. I know that you're trying to emphasize Metalynx's steel typing, but I think it would look a lot better if its entire body was covered in the green, flowery skin (or fur?). The thing that bothers me the most with Metalynx would have to be the tail. I suggest that you give it a more prehensile-looking tail and lose the hole in it. Pokemon don't tend to have sharp objects like that, attached to them. As for the nuclear Pokemon, I like their look now, I'd rather not see something with extra limbs :x. Anyhow, good luck with the game, JV and keep on spriting, Zephyr.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Echidna
Something Interesting

progress on this hack looks magnificent !!!!! wish you luck on finishing this so i can enjoy it...

Old April 2nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
progress on this hack looks magnificent !!!!! wish you luck on finishing this so i can enjoy it...
Not. A. Hack.

Look where its posted.

Old April 2nd, 2011, 02:56 PM
Echidna
Something Interesting

sorry sorry, i know its not a hack (i couldn't possibly be that stupid), honest mistake !!! ment game [RMXP]

Old April 3rd, 2011, 06:12 PM
oldsnake90
Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze

Send a message via Skype™ to oldsnake90
I love the work on your generation of pokemon that you added. the game looks awsome keep it up.

Pokemon Glacial Freeze Project on Facebook
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:53 AM
mprinz
Beginning Trainer

I love the game, i'm real fan of it, i shown it to my friend and he loves it too!
Old April 10th, 2011, 07:48 PM
CraigDestroyerOfWorlds
Beginning Trainer

I just have two questions. What's the base rom and any tools used in the making of this game?
Old April 10th, 2011, 07:54 PM
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigDestroyerOfWorlds View Post
I just have two questions. What's the base rom and any tools used in the making of this game?
NOT A HACK. Its a game developed in RPG Maker XP. No base rom, no hacking involved.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links