The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:35 PM
DForte
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Is there a reason that it stays on the logging in screen forever. Ive been waiting for 20 mins and it still hasn't logged in.
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:50 PM
Ankoku Flare
Artsy Dragon

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ankoku Flare Send a message via Skype™ to Ankoku Flare
@rockeymon Glad you share some interest in the game. I hope you enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DForte View Post
Is there a reason that it stays on the logging in screen forever. I've been waiting for 20 mins and it still hasn't logged in.
I would assume the server is undergoing some temporary connection issue or some form of lag. Or the client is just bugging out.

I've had similar experiences like that. I usually work after a couple of game restarts.

Blog |Deviant Art | YouTube
Old March 3rd, 2011, 06:41 AM
tokinini
Beginning Trainer

It looks really cool. I enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon games, so I am eagerly awaiting this. I just have one question.

Can you start out as any pokemon, or is there a set list of ones, like the mystery dungeon games?

Support these games!!!
Old March 5th, 2011, 05:11 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
Looks cool, but I'm sort of confused. It displayed some sort of error message and I turned back into an egg when I logged on again.
Old March 6th, 2011, 02:09 AM
kurama22
Beginning Trainer

I had those problems too, but the errors showed only when I have Firefox opened Oo
for me it works just fine now, little slow when it comes to connection, but its good
Old March 8th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Ankoku Flare
Artsy Dragon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ankoku Flare Send a message via Skype™ to Ankoku Flare
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokinini View Post
Can you start out as any Pokémon, or is there a set list of ones, like the mystery dungeon games?
There are certain Pokémon you may choose to start out with. It does not need a quiz. Though we may apply that feature as an optional. Later you recruit more Pokémon to you team! c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phosphate5 View Post
Looks cool, but I'm sort of confused. It displayed some sort of error message and I turned back into an egg when I logged on again.
Sorry for the inconvenience, probably the server's connection was unstable. It occasionally does happen. ;'

Old March 12th, 2011, 03:40 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Firstly, how do you find pokemon you recruited after you send them home?

Secondly, whenever I press space, a "k" appears in the chat, and whenever I press enter, a "j" appears, so it's impossible to use commands like /sethouse. Do you know why this is happening?

And backspace doesn't work for me either.

EDIT: Also, um, what happens if one of my recruited Pokemon faints? Because I'd been training Rattata for an hour, and then it fainted... and now it's gone?

Last edited by phosphate5; March 12th, 2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Oh no.
Old March 12th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Coronation
Quote:
Firstly, how do you find pokemon you recruited after you send them home?

Secondly, whenever I press space, a "k" appears in the chat, and whenever I press enter, a "j" appears, so it's impossible to use commands like /sethouse. Do you know why this is happening?

EDIT: Also, um, what happens if one of my recruited Pokemon faints? Because I'd been training Rattata for an hour, and then it fainted... and now it's gone?
Partner Pokemon can be found in Chimecho's assembly. From there, you can take up to four Pokemon with you, and if they faint, they end up there. I'm not sure what's happening with the chat, although you might wanna try clicking on the chatbox before you start typing. That's never happened to me before, so I don't know how to fix that.
Old March 14th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Ankoku Flare
Artsy Dragon

Quote:

The text boxes have always been kind of wonky.
We may fix that in the future.
Though it sound that the keyboard might have some stuck keys, since we don't normally get that backspace issue very often.
Though I may be wrong.

Thanks for helping out Coronation!

Last edited by Ankoku Flare; March 14th, 2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old March 26th, 2011, 04:48 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

No, my keyboard works fine. But the space/backspace/enter problem always happens for me... I wonder why.

Also, a lot of times in dungeons my character suddenly shifts several tiles, and then I can't attack anyone until it shifts again, while they can attack an empty space that apparently is where I really am.

But still, pretty cool. I'm confusedly stuck after Tiny Grotto, though, and the guides are all quite confusing. And I'm wondering if there's eventually a way to overcome the storage limit? Like making all the apples, etc. stack as one storage item when stored?
Old March 26th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
No, my keyboard works fine. But the space/backspace/enter problem always happens for me... I wonder why.

Also, a lot of times in dungeons my character suddenly shifts several tiles, and then I can't attack anyone until it shifts again, while they can attack an empty space that apparently is where I really am.

But still, pretty cool. I'm confusedly stuck after Tiny Grotto, though, and the guides are all quite confusing. And I'm wondering if there's eventually a way to overcome the storage limit? Like making all the apples, etc. stack as one storage item when stored?
That dungeon thing happens to me too; I believe it's because of server lag but I'm not sure. As for where to go, this game is a lot like the original Legend of Zelda when it comes to dungeon finding. Technically, you're supposed to go to Sour Root Cave for Cut, which is one space up and one to the right from Grassroot Town, but you can also go to Sunny Hillside and Seaside Cavern for training (which you'll probably need).
Old March 27th, 2011, 06:06 AM
romdinner
Gazing at the sky...

It looks really great. I had a problem i installed the game and then opened it...the update page came up but at Update 2 it ALWAYS stops and i can't play the game . Any help?
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by romdinner View Post
It looks really great. I had a problem i installed the game and then opened it...the update page came up but at Update 2 it ALWAYS stops and i can't play the game . Any help?
The same thing happened with me, but if you keep trying, it will eventually work. I don't know why it keeps freezing, but it'll work eventually.
Old March 27th, 2011, 10:26 AM
HemlockLegend
Chuck Norris Geek

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronation View Post
The same thing happened with me, but if you keep trying, it will eventually work. I don't know why it keeps freezing, but it'll work eventually.
That didn't happen to me and I used a crappy almost 10 year old computer.

I am a fairly good mapper. If you need mapping help, PM me. Need pokemon names? PM me. Need a type recommendation for a new pokemon? PM me.

I am a hater of Twilight and Justin Bieber. Don't like what I say? Then ,,!,,-___-,,!,, you.

My GPX+:http://gpxplus.net/user/HemlockLegend

Old March 29th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Ankoku Flare
Artsy Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by romdinner View Post
Yeah the updater is pretty annoying. Try having it focused on the window. It should go smoothly that way.

Quote:

When completing missions, You can expand your inventory when you ranks upgrade from a certain amount of explorer points.

Yeah lag can cause some weird stuff. We've recently switch to a dedicated server. Hopefully game-play will go a lot smoother.

Old March 29th, 2011, 01:46 AM
brightview
Beginning Trainer

HMMM.. I'm sensing a really pissed off Ninetales,

*downloading.. .. ..
Old March 29th, 2011, 02:59 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoku Flare View Post
When completing missions, You can expand your inventory when you ranks upgrade from a certain amount of explorer points.
Yeah well... I haven't exactly found out what missions and explorer points are in this game just yet, or how to get them.

Also, where's Sunny Hillside? (At least I found Happiness Lake by myself )
Old April 2nd, 2011, 10:27 AM
TrollShammy80
Loved all Pokemon Since 98'

Not a bad game something to do in my down time btw I'm back :D

Proud MLP Fan/NCIS/Ghost Hunters/Ghost Adventures/CSI and many others
RIP: Step Mom 7/17/53-7/2/13
RIP: Uncle Jesse ???-1/3/2014
"I do breed for IVs/Ev's...but I always remember to have fun playing Pokemon"
"I always play for fun on my emulators and Y version only"
www.youtube.com/trollshammy80
Old April 2nd, 2011, 01:37 PM
Ankoku Flare
Artsy Dragon

@brightview Ehahaha YES! I see what you did there x3

@Phosphate5 Its a few maps left from happiness(its pretty near)
Here one of contributors made a while back, a friend of mine was kind enough to a couple of newer places.

@ TrollShammy80 Yeah passtimes are always convenient~ Also, Welcome back!

Last edited by Ankoku Flare; April 2nd, 2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 06:00 PM
Firework.
Unhatched Egg

Downloading now! It looks fun. looove mystery dungeon I wish more people did.

w h a t t h e f u t u r e holds.

after a h u r r i c a n e,

comes a rainbow.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 04:05 AM
ProMasterZ
Beginning Trainer

As fun as it looks, I've been unable to try it out. Like others in this thread, I've been having a problem with the graphic update installing, it always freezes for me (and I've tried countless times).

Hopefully it will cooperate sometime soon and I'll be able to enjoy this game.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Thanks, the map helps a lot

I still have several problems though, and I can't find any answers in the guides in the PMU forums.

Firstly, I'm confused by the day/night system in the game, because sunrise happened yesterday around 4pm for me. (?)

Secondly, I finally found the place where you get jobs, but it kept saying there weren't any jobs left. So... are there always only a few jobs a day, and everyone's fighting for them, or what?

Thirdly, I see that the way to evolve many non-levelup-evolution Pokemon involves getting really lucky and getting a really rare item from a boss (i.e. link cable) or, as one guide on the PMU site says, from places ("Friendship forest" for sun ribbon, etc.) that don't seem to be on the map. Could you give an explanation for this?

And is there a way to get other starters in the same file? (Is there a trade system, preferably usable between your own files?)
Old April 3rd, 2011, 04:18 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Hey, what the client's name? I want to use my Start Menu to find it, but I don't know it's name. I installed it and have no idea where it installed to. Can anyone help?
Old April 7th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Ankoku Flare
Artsy Dragon

Some of the older guides tend to have information on the previous version of our game which contained dungeons that no longer exist.

Though it is true some pokemon drop evolution items.
You may want to ask experienced players for it.

You can find the client under computer>C:>Program Files> Pokemon Mystery Universe>Client

Just create a shortcut of PMU file and drag it onto your start menu if it isn't there.

Old April 9th, 2011, 05:22 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Thanks for all the info... I think I pretty much have the hang of it now :D

Except, one question: What exactly is an "Oren berry"? I used one, but nothing happened :/
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links