Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:26 PM
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here

Made in RMXP using the Project Zelda Engine

Story
Sometimes, Legends are just that... Legends.
During a time in which Hyrule was in great peril; many prayed to the Gods asking them to save them from the evil uprising from Ganondorf, and some others wished for the Legendary Hero garbed in green to return and stop this evil. The Kingdom of Hyrule was buried by a torrential downpour, only the select few saved. The Hero from the Legends never showed. Or so it is told in the Legend.

During the time before Hyrule was succumb to its demise, courage was ripe within a young boy from the underground village of Underfoot . It was known that this young boy had no mother or father. As he became older it was realised that he had the burden of holding the Hero’s mark on his hand... the mark of the Triforce of Courage. This was not revealed to the masses as many seeked this power after hearing the Legends of the Hero of Time. The boy was kept secret to everyone except the select villagers from Underfoot and also, the Royal Family of Hyrule.

The origin of this child is unknown; some say he is the child of the Gods himself. As the child known as Link, named after his ancestor got older he realised what he had to do. He felt a darkness coming, a long time before the people knew what was going to happen. With many visions Link was told of a great darkness that was going to sweep over Hyrule. He was told that Hyrule was going to be mostly wiped out, but some could be saved with his intervention.

The Gods told him that their power was getting weaker; they could no longer contain Ganondorf for much longer within the Sacred Seal. The power that they had left was not enough to save Hyrule from the impending darkness, but Link was told that with the collection of different Crystals of Light the Power of the Gods would be restored to such an extent where Hyrule could be sealed away when the Darkness struck. This is where our Legend begins, a Legend not written down, as many did not know of this story, but the Sheikah can still be heard whispering this Legend today. Many seem to disregard what that hero did for the Kingdom of Hyrule, but that’s all it is... a Legend.

Screenshots*
Spoiler:

*Not representative of final game.

Help
We would like your help to make this project a reality, please PM me if you are interested in the following openings:
Scripting
Spriting
Musician
Idealist
Beta Tester
Mapper
Graphic Designer
Tilest

To apply, use the following format:
Code:
Name:
Position Interested In:
Example of Work:
Credits
PokemonPlatnum - Lead Designer
Mastermind & Co. - Project Zelda Engine

C&C would be nice!

-PP

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

Old March 6th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

I like threads like this, they show potential.

The story is very good, you can just imagine it being told at the start of a Zelda game in the weird graphical style they sometimes use.
The screenshot is ok, but it's a little too obvious that you doubled the size of the Link to the past tiles. Maybe just using the originals would be better? Anyway, something needs to be done.
I really like the logo, it's in a style I haven't seen before and relly fits the rest of the thread.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old March 6th, 2011, 11:51 AM
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.

Nature: Sassy
Thanks for the support Peeky Chew at least someone has a reply
And yeah, I need someone to help work on the graphics :D

-PP

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

Old March 21st, 2011, 05:14 PM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

Nature: Brave
WHAAAT?! No one's posted on this fantasic-looking game since March 6th? How could they!?

This game looks amazing, by the way. I've been a huge fan of the Legend of Zelda series for a long time. The Link to the Past style graphics hit a nostalgic chord for me; I love the game dearly. It looks amazing so far; keep up the good work!
Game Over!
You failed to restore peace to the planet Algo.

(press SPACE to continue.)
I support

By DarkDoom3000.
-The Vending Machine (Click me please!)-
-Let's Play/Torture/Screw Around With: Pokémon Red Version!
Old March 30th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Locked at the request of the thread creator.

-locked-
A MODEST PROPOSAL
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7766537
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here